Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

It was a wild turn of events when I took to the ice after the "experiment".  One day, I was at the top of my game, an elite goalie in the SHL able to stop pucks and steal games, and be infamous for it.  Now I'm as slow as a sloth on my reactivity, the idea of pucks flying at me is terrifying, and my pads/gloves are unusually large.  Larger in fact that I can remember.  The other weird thing is, I'm getting points.  Passing to my team-mates is so easy I could do it with my eyes closed.  I'm fast on the skates too, like Luis Mendoza fast (except because of my slow reactivity I'm more apt to run into the boards than actually stop).  One bright side though is, don't dare put the puck near my stick.  I'll poke that stuff away faster than the mechanism on a useless machine device.    It will be interesting now for Tampa.  Maybe if I just loaf around I'll still be able to stop some pucks.

I would think that having a 91 in getting open and a 91 in offensive read has to give me a pretty big advantage in the offensive zone. Not to mention a 71 shot accuracy. That should be enough to get by most goalies... unless they have a 91 in glove hand now. Shit. Watching the league after this change would just be like watching Space Jam. Most of the players in the league get WAY BETTER at the expense of a few superstars that have completely lost their stuff.

The worst thing about it is that just about every single one of my attributes improved because of this except for my shooting range, which means that I have immense speed, skill, defensive ability, and accuracy-- but I still have to get inside the hashmarks to even take a shot. I've really got a Gift of the Magi thing going on there. I can do everything at a superhuman level except... I still have to get into the slot against defensemen with 91 checking and 51 determination. Woof.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

God really must be Czech, for on this morning he has blessed me with the skills and abilities that even my laboratory-refined perfection could not produce in me. Now, I see the ice in an entirely different form, almost as if everything stops moving around me as I determine the right course of action and set up exactly where I need to be. One thing is for sure, I am always open. My hands, which were already blessed with perfection, now move like they have a mind of their own, and coupled with an insane amount of flexibility, the only hope anyone has of touching me is if I make a mistake, and I don't make mistakes. Stealing pucks and starting a breakout is the most effortless of all, however. I can see the perfect moment to strike and can breakaway with ease, surely this will produce record breaking amounts of shots per game, but breakaways hardly seem necessary anymore, as I can now shoot accurately from any spot on the ice.

Enemies of Czechia beware, for God is indeed Czech.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Given that I'm building Calvin Hobbes as a playmaking Center who is extremely strong on the faceoff dot, I have focused on his Face Offs and already boosted the stat to 17. Additionally his strength is 18 to ensure he is strong enough to hold of the opponents after winning a face off.

Obviously passing, Getting Open and Offensive read are other important stats I've focused on to ensure he will be able to deliver passes no other players saw.
For when the pass is not there, his shooting accuracy is improved but still needs work to ensure the chance is not lost if his pass first mentallity does not work out.
To ensure he's not a liability defensively and can be First line potential I've boosed his defensive stats to a decent level so he's at least in the right position and can take the puck away from the opponents.

To have Calvin remembered as one of the greatest playmakers in the league would be the ultimate goal!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Prompt #1 is my choice.
Getting right down to things, Gerry Atrick's Screening ability goes from a nine to a solid ninety, he has clearly put on thousands of pounds and thus makes it impossible for anyone to see past him when he's anywhere near the front of the net, most people complain that he should clearly be offside since he practically touches the blueline and the goalie, which should also be interference, but this is a new problem and the rule won't be made for a couple years yet.
The fact that Gerry Atrick has seemingly become the human blob overnight, it's surprising that his getting open has gone to fifty one, however you swing this literal blob of mass just rolling around the ice somehow also being able to get space away from everyone else, he's done it.
He also now has the extreme advantage (or disadvantage) of being decently accurate at forty one shooting accuracy, seeing as everyone else has had their numbers reversed, this could be very low compared to all the inactives in the league.

~180 words
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 11:53 AM by bbjygm.)

[Image: 3XH5xfP.png]
@hotdog

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PT 2 :

Screening: 13
Getting Open: 16
Passing: 15
Puckhandling: 16
Shooting Accuracy: 18
Shooting Range: 8
Offensive Read: 15
Checking: 18
Hitting: 19
Positioning: 14
Stickchecking: 14
Shot Blocking: 11
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 15
Acceleration: 16
Agility: 13
Balance: 15
Speed: 16
Stamina: 17
Strength: 18
Fighting: 11
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 12

okey listen
ovioosely am best player in leeg. That is becose i hav invest most TPE in HITING. boom. i can hit evryting on ice. evan beeg juka timoonen. I also hav big strentgh for hit hard and beeg chacking for make big chacks. boom. I also hav best SNAYPE in leeg becose am best player. i scor all the tayme. I invest in ofansive tings becose am very controlversial persson so i laik ofansing peepel. Defanse not importent becose i never get ofanded. Exapt stikchacking. very importent for sexy taymes. wawaweewa. i hav good axelerashion and spead for mayke strong hits and am most brave player in leeg. i hav also best stamena becose coch shood put me line 1. i invest a littel in defanse becose am also teem player. I want for win. we win. bot now i invest all in ofanse for scor evan more.

thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

My goal when I created Rock Strongo was to be this elite two-way player. I wanted to be the best at both sides of the puck. I wanted to score at will and shut down any and every player who was on the ice with me. So far, not so good, but I'm hoping there's time to reach that level or somewhere close to it.

The attributes I value right now to create this player seem to be the ones that most people are trying to improve the most. Offensive Read, Defensive Read, Getting Open, Strength, Stamina, Balance, Stick-Checking, and Positioning. I've actually got those attributes at a pretty good level right now, but I haven't taken off as much as I thought I would by now. I'm producing decently so it's not all gloomy, but I really want to take that big leap and become a top player in this league. Over the second half of my career, I do want to get my offensive attributes up and round out my physicals as well, hoping that will help me reach my goal. We'll see.

(185 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Oooookay this isn't great. As a player in regression a lot of my attributes have started dropping into the 12-17 range which happens to be about the worst part of this new scale. Ironically though, not a whole lot about the overall direction of my build would change. The defensive aspect is the weakest part of my game right now with all attributes in the 10-15 range and it would still be the weakest one after the swap. My player would be an absolutely puny hitter with that stat having the only 1 in my new build, with shot blocking being the next worst at 21. I would be quite docile overall too, with Aggression at 11 and Bravery at 31, so not a whole lot of physicality to expect from my player there even though Checking would be decent at 51. Oh and I would need to be reeeeaaallly close to the goal to put the puck in because my shooting range would only by 21 which... yeah, isn't great.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Prompt 1
After having my attributes all jumbled around in the name of parity I can quickly conclude that I'm now useless offensively. Nay, not even useless. More of a complete and utter liability.

I can shoot much better than before with a shot that now rivals MvdH and a shooting range that allows me to snipe it bar-down from my own zone. But everything else went straight down the shitter.
2 Getting Open
2 Passing
2 Puckhandling
2 Offensive Read

Luckily my defensive attributes have gone above and beyond what we as a people thought was humanly possible. I can now see the future, and if I as much as look at an opponent they immediately lose the puck.

My new role is clear. I may never leave my own zone again. I shouldn't even consider making any kind of offensive move. All I should do is stay parked together with my goalie and stare people down as they pass the red line. Perhaps throw a "hail mary" shot every once in a while to try and catch their goalie off-guard.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Prompt 2: As a defenseman, I value both the read stats (offensive/defensive) cause I want to be the one dictating how the play is unfolding. I want to be able to react responsibly on the defensive front, but also be able to set up my star wingers for prime chances to put us ahead. The secondary stats I value would be Checking/Hitting to make sure that my presence on the ice is felt, and Passing/Shooting Range to make sure I can contribute positively in the offensive zone. I've strived to build towards a Mike Green/Niklas Kronwall type of player, and while I have leaned a bit more into the defensive side the last couple of years in the Js, I look forward to uncapping next season in the SHL and becoming a lot more dangerous offensively. Maybe someday I'll be able to get above a 2% shooting rate.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=360803

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I am doing prompt two. Unfortunately I am very tired so the thought of figuring out my new build for prompt one seems super tedious but it is a really cool idea. Maybe I'll do it for fun when I wake up later in the week!

Right now I am trying to focus on making Jimmy Slothface a decent defensive player now that he is in the twilight of his career deep in regression. The two FHM attributes that seem to matter a ton for being solid defensively are checking and defensive read, so it was important to get those two attributes up around 17 for me. Overall I still have a pretty solid offensive build. Coming up in the league pre-regression Jimmy was supposed to be a sniper of sorts and I focused on things like Getting Open and Shooting Accuracy. I still have pretty high Getting Open and I only had to drop my accuracy a tick in regression. I'm not going absolutely insane like some people in the league but Slothface is still a respectable player, leading the Los Angeles Panthers in points so far this season. As regression continues to hit harder I will probably look to regress out of things like Bravery a bit and then probably start ripping down my offensive attributes. I think at this point it is better for Jimmy to be solid defensively rather than try to remain an offensive powerhouse like he tried to be when he was in the 2000 tpe range. So I'll just continue to bank tpe right now and hopefully regression doesn't kill me too much.

224 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Going with Prompt 1 this new bizarre experiment has left me feeling strange about my build. Hearing that this has happened to everyone in the league and right now most my stats would be average with all the change I feel it is still looking like a very average build. the biggest upgrade overall would be to my offensive skills with the exception of hitting the net, which would become a very rare occurrence with a 21 shooting accuracy. Channeling my inner Fulton Reed only being able to hit the net 1/5 shots. But overall on the D side I would become a powerhouse in checking and getting the puck away from the opposing team. This would no doubt make me an overall better player but don't believe it will really help to bring the parity to the league that we are looking for. But by doing this I would become a much better offensive defenseman and would likely help break me out of this slump I am finding myself in this season.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

I think generally for defensemen like myself there are a few really important attributes, like checking, strength, stamina, defensive read, and that sort of thing. For me I want to focus on those but I also want to be really versatile so I will definitely be working on passing, puckhandling and offensive read along with those sorta standard defensive ones. I am hoping to build a two way defender and be able to help in both ends, so it will be important for me to spread out my spending and cover as many aspects of the game as I can with my ratings. I think I'm doing pretty well so far with the build I have, so I'm really just looking to keep increasing in areas where I am a bit behind the others, or bump up those ratings that are already pretty high into the elite levels. I don't know if I'll target getting any of them to 20, but I could see having a bunch of 18s and 19s at peak tpe.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]