Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

[Image: SzurBZz.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Prompt 2

As a goalie, I am aiming to be balanced all around and help throw my body at the puck. With attributes like agility and blocker and glove saves there’s isn’t one area I want to just focus on. I want a versatile goaltender that can help win both in the SMJHL and SHL when my time comes. In my mind positioning and rebound control are the most important. But that is basing off of real life thinking and not how FHM does it’s own thing. I can only dream about wining the cup and some individual awards but I don’t expect much from this player. Not because I won’t try my hardest or put time into but because how difficult getting those things are. There have been some great players and there are going to be better players than me in the league for sure. I can only hope to be serviceable.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Prompt 1:

Let's just say I'm absolute god right now, particularly in defense. That 91 I have in defensive read means I can see the rink just about better than everyone and that knowledge is going to take me far. With my 81 checking, positioning, stickchecking, and shotblocking I can put that elite defensive read into action and cause chaos everywhere for the other team. I am also super strong and speedy with 81 in both of those categories, and I can pass with the best of them with an 81 in that department. With that in mind, my aggression is now up to 90 which means that despite all of this I may not get to use my powers for good due to all the time I'd be spending in the penalty box. However, with my bravery of one nobody may know about any of my skills because I'd just be hanging out in one corner of the rink too scared of everything to even begin to play the game. But it could have been a beautiful thing, you guys. Truly beautiful. (181 words.)

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Prompt 1: Makrus knew something was different the moment he got up. He opened his bedroom door and pulled it off the hinges. Makrus didn’t remember being that strong. Normally this wouldn’t bother Makrus but for some reason today this made him angry. He is extra aggressive for some reason and got into a fight with the mirror while brushing his teeth. Makrus thought the gym might be a good way to burn off some of his aggression. At the gym Makrus soon discovered he could run for what felt like forever. Never getting winded or even tired. He wasn’t any faster than before but could go from standing still to top speed in an instant. Makrus has already discovered his new strength but now he put it to the test and realized it was superhuman. Previously the strongest humans could only have a strength of 20, whatever that means, but now Makrus had 31 strength. Makrus was also agile. Almost to the point of precognitive. Unfortunately, the hyper aggression led Makrus into 4 fights at the gym and he won them effortlessly but also got asked to leave. Naturally being agreeable Makrus left after only going on a 10 min rampage. When he arrived at practice, he learned it wasn’t just him. Other hockey players were experiencing the same newfound powers. Most of which came with shockingly high aggression and fight skills. Oddly the Whalers resident enforcer/agitator has lost all fighting skills and aggression. The only downside Makrus found to his new abilities is that instead of blocking shots with this lightning reflexes his body just gets out of the way. Guess that’s what we have goalies for though.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid517583

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

I am building towards a agitator or grinder skillset at the moment. There isnt to much of fighting involved in the game, but i do really enjoy them for meta content. As far this season has gone in the minors i have 3 fights and 3 losses. Most likely due to my balance not being very high. But i do have strength and hitting at 15 so i do kinda understand why and how it works. Before building i looked at some really in depth guide written by a geek on the FHM forums that have picked apart the game and looked at stats from different kinds of players and what makes them good at what they are doing and vice versa. And for the agitator role, you dont need speed and acceleration at all almost. 11-13 is good enough over your career. But one stat that is increadible important is strength, and it shows in the minors that with strength at 15 you can dash trough your opponents. Not sure how much is needed at SHL level, but probably 18+ to feel comfortable. We will see in the future hoe it goes, nothing is set in stone.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

I do not have a preset idea about where my player should be in a few seasons. First of all, there is something that can be pretty important, in me having absolutely no idea on which stats affect what in the sims, so i will not be focusing on something and go all in in a skill only to find out later that it does jack crap for the player and my team.
So i guess i will be going with my GMs advice and trying to maximize TPE gains to improve important skills for Centres, like faceoffs and passing. This seems to be a pretty decent idea, but at the same time, looking and the price of skill upgrades after a certain level, it might be wiser to just keep upgrading every stat in a consistent and balanced way.
My player is capped right now, so plenty of time to decide on which way to go from here.

(159 words)

Even while looking actively at the attributes listed for various players on great teams, I'm not sure what the best attributes to focus on are. As a defensive defenseman, I always believed strong defensive skills (outside of faceoffs) would be important - from hitting to checking, positioning, and defensive read. I think every position can afford to put some focus on defensive and offensive read, puck handling, and strength/balance from a physical attribute perspective. And my recent attribute choices reflect that; though I do not have significant investment in hitting per se, my goal is to be able to consistently dispossess opposing forwards and create chances for us to be in control of the puck. I don't particularly care about Bergman herself getting a bunch of scoring opportunities, but if she can have a strong plus-minus and advanced stats, I think I can rest assured that I have a positive impact on the ice. I think the above attributes (and a healthy dose of asking my team for advice) will be key in continuing success.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Prompt 2

Now that I'm jumping into the upper half of TPE (as a raw number, not necessarily a function of standing out) on LAP, and I'm getting time on the first line, I have to consider my role on the team a little bit more. In Anaheim, and in the early going as I was approaching 1000 TPE, it was all about keeping the offensive and physical attributes balanced while still leading the defensive ones a little bit. Now I want to get into my primary roles, which were always sort of a mix between Garbage Collector and Counterattacking Forward. That means hitting and stickchecking need to come up a little bit. Offensive Read has always been one of my best skills, and it has to stay that way. Same with shooting accuracy, albeit in point blank range nearly every time. My player is going to be there at the crease, harassing the opposing goalie, and trying to stuff pucks in around his pads. Put simply, I want to be a problem that opposing defenses have to consider -- "Well what about Donair, he's gonna be on us all game". The physical attributes are what I want to focus the most on in the next season or two - I need the speed, strength, and acceleration to not just be a cherry picker and not get bullied by strong 1800+ TPE defensemen in our conference. But I think my managers and I have combined efforts for a good plan moving forward. Let's see how it plays out.

Honestly, this doesn't change my build much at all. Darrow remains defensively stout as heck with 81s in checking, positioning, stickchecking, and defensive read, while having solid offensive game with 71 or 81s in Getting Open, Passing, Puckhandling, and Offensive Read. If this change had been flipping 20s for 5s, 7s for 18s, etc, that would change my build dramatically. This however really doesn't change a ton. That being said, my shooting accuracy is now very bad compared to everything else (a testament to SHL defensemen being capped at 12). This change also makes Darrow's slowed skating more pronounced, though he's as solid in his own end as he's ever been. I think Darrow would still be a solid contributor with this build, maybe scoring fewer goals and picking up some additional penalties (both things I'm not fond of).

This experiment really incentivized min-maxing as many stats to 19s as possible and then move everything else you can to 9s, so it flip flops into everyone being 90-91s like this is NHL 2k6 or some silliness like that! With our current update scale, it only takes 1909 TPE to get 10 stats to 19s and all the rest to 9s. Interesting.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PROMPT 2

Defenseman Angus McFife is built around being an offensive threat but not a flashy one. I want to be a Shea Weber style of player, big shot, good simple passes and strenght to domiante my opponents. This off-season, I will make the jump to the big league. My training will focus heavily on strenght, good offensive and defensive read, checking and some speed. I should be able to keep my play simple yet efficient and work towards having a better shot and passes as I progress thru my career. My weakness will always be agility, puckhandling and to some extent speed. I hope my style of play will be to stay a bit more behind so I don't get caught deep into offensive territory, that would hurt. It's a long way to go, but I want to have an hall of fame career with many cups. I think the group we are building in Atlanta will aspire to such honors since we are headed for long term success. An inspiration for me is Guy Zheng, former D-man, and Eko Van Otter who switched to D-Man position.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The biggest stat in the entire game for me is very easily Passing to 20. I had it ever since we came to this awful sim engine and now that I am on 19 due to regression I kinda hate it. I did not think it would be that much of a difference but yeah, I have ended up being a pretty meh player on a great team this season and it sucks.

The best way to put what I wanted out of Jon was just as many assists as I could get my hand on because they mean points and more points means I am doing bloody well for my team and my team mates like my player more cause it means more goals for them. It is a bit ironic I have this playstyle when Jon in character fucking hates anything with a pulse in this league. But yeah Passing is the GOAT stat cause its broken as all hell. It helped me keep up with the cheating Hamilton for a good while til this season in assists so must be bullshit.

[184 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

P

t

P
A

S

S

Prompt 2

I'm looking to build my player as a proper defensive defenseman. Everyone wants to be a goal scorer, and I get why - I get super excited as well when I see my player score. But every team needs the guy who doesn't have the super flashy statlines, doesn't get the stars of the game, but everyone who knows what they're talking about considers them a centerpiece of the team due to their defensive prowess. Of course, this means I'm mostly looking towards the defensive stats. Stuff like Checking, Offensive and Defensive Read (since, as far as I understand it, it's more like a hockey IQ stat in each zone, which is always important), Shot Blocking, etc. Hits are always fun, of course, so plenty of those too - but I'm not gonna touch Aggression or Fighting with a ten foot pole. I don't want to be a complete offensive black hole either - pure defense can only get you so far - so of course some points in stats like Passing will help with that.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes