Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

My only hero in the simulation hockey league is want to be found because he is the greatest and most heroic ternal managers of all time he’s so brilliant the league is so lucky to have him

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Patya am in SHL much young, but Patya am not have model for game. Patya am unique, and am best of Russia player have ever been seen. Am closest to Pavel Bure but am better even. Patya am one day wanting for be as good as glorious Vladimir Putin.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

When Malik got drafted to the Kelowna Knights, he immediately found himself a role in model in his Captain, Teddy Park (@trashae). Though they played different positions, Teddy's work ethic, stamina, hockey IQ, and leadership skills were other-worldly. Even now, they play on different teams, but that awe isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

It's been interesting for me personally, since I came into the SHL almost by accident, with zero knowledge that simulation leagues of any kind existed, and am only  now, a few seasons in, getting a good understanding of the SHLs history.

But that aside, my idol is LAP Legend Jimmy Wagner.

[Image: banes.png]

In the SHL it was definitely Wagstrom. Although I didnt want to be the guy relied upon to score goals, I always looked up to Wags for his consistently high level of play.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

When I made my way to become a star in this league, I knew nothing at all of it. No players or teams playing in this league. Out of the none I knew, one stood out pretty big, and that was the otter guy Eko van Otter. Not gonna lie, I didn't know him until I was drafted on his team. He was a forward, so nothing to copy. But he swapped to defense a season ago, which didn't help me much either.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

I don't think I ever had a "hero" growing up or when I started playing the game, but they were certainly players I looked up to. The most prominent of those were my Chiefs teammates Zach Miller, Brodie Witzel and Christoph Klose who all weren't just great players but also people who I already had some kind of personal relationship with before joining the team.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

During the infancy of my career, there wasn't really a player I was trying to emulate. A lot was going on at the time and the update scale had just changed. I was trying to understand each of the individual attributes, what they did for me, how they were weighted, and what the results were for having certain ones at certain levels. I did look at a lot of the top players to try to get a better understanding though.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Being drafted to a franchise with as many amazing people as Carolina has, it's hard to pick any one person as a hero to look up to. To come onto a team with people like @sve7en, @r0tzbua, @Canadice, @overdoo, and so many others, all I could do is hope to be as much of a great leader as they've all been to me.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

When I arrived SMJHL, I looked up mr. Alexander Roach who was Quebec City Citadelles's number one center. He set an example what is a good two-way hockey game and mindset. I have tried to copy his play style since then.

[Image: salming.png]

Going into my first ever season in the SMJHL there was no one player in particular that I wanted to emulate, instead I wanted to try and follow the example of all the Zerks in the LR and save as many whales as possible.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

I think that in my research for my Road to the Cup history project, I got a big respect for Theo Morgan. Seeing the career renaissance was incredible and it gave me a lot of hope that I could have a long, and successful career.

[Image: blasoon.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:19 AM by tweedledunn.)

As a young Kelowna Knight with a couple of excellent GMs in Jenny and EJ I wanted my young lad to grow up to be a big and strong Center like Rich's Jonathan Lundberg

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Tbh, when I first got to St. Louis, Michael Withecheck was my idol. I was at like a measly 180 TPE and he was at like 700 - I was in awe. After he left after my first season, I really tried to copy Dane von Gucci's game bc he's a stud. @sakrosankt @gucci

And then there is @TheSparkyDee

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Coming into the league, I wanted to be a pass-first type of forward. Scoring goals is cool but setting up your teammates is even better. Being that playmaker has always been my style. I was very new to sim leagues at the time but found that looking at other players helped me progress in the right direction. Players like Maxime Bouchard and Aaron Wilson gave me a sense of what a great forward can be. I don't score with the same efficiency as they, but I do emulate their game a bit.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]