Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

When we first arrived on the site (unless it was literally S1) there were already legendary players to look up to, elite players dominating the league, and up-and-comers looking to make their mark on the SHL.

Your task: Reflect back on the infancy of your SHL and SMJHL career. What players did you look up to? What players did you want to emulate and maybe model your game after? If there were none, you can likely find a way to express that in 25 words as well.

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, September 19nd at 11:59pm CT.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

ph

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Mew Two was literally the most goated smjhl player when Shane duffy jr. joined the league and its not doubt SDJ looked up to the pokemon in the infancy of his career. Obviously now duffy is a far better player than Two

I'll be honest and say I didn't really have any reference of any specific SHL player I wanted Miguel to emulate. To that end I try to be a valuable member of the team, regardless of where they use me.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Esa Parmborg's legendary season where he had 16 goals and 60 assists is where I wish to be at some point, I dont care the slightest bit about scoring goals when I can mind as well be one of the most creative players to make others seem greater than they actually are. Crazy how much of an impact one player can have on another one in just one season

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I remember checking out the all time scoring leaders at the time and Anrikkanen sitting comfortably at the top so I tried to emulate my attributes the same way Esa did back in the day. I think it paid off for my final SMJHL season.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 03:36 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Looking back on my time in the Smjhl and SHL there were not many people to look up to consistently, everyone was trying Fad diets that temporarily made them really good at different things but really terrible at all other aspects of the game and the following season they were completely different, so I just paid attention to my own game. I worked on really strong front of the net screener and that is exactly what I've worked towards my entire career.

If we look way back at one of my very first responses to an SMJHL PT (this one), it was clear that in the early days where I knew nothing about the site, Steve Harrington was the player I looked up to and wanted to model my 425 TPE build after.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

When I was a young goalie in the league I was lucky enough to learn from two great goalies that I played with. I spent a lot of time watching my goalie partner Patrice Nadeau in Lethbridge and learned a lot from him, even if I was never as successful during my time in the juniors. After that I started my career in Toronto under one of the greatest the league has ever seen - Michael McFadden. I still look up to him and hope to have a career like that. Still got a bit to go.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I didnt have an SMJHL of SHL player I saw as an idol, or someone to model my game after, mostly because I didn't know any players coming into this league brand new.

What I did have, was an awesome pair of GMs and ex-GMs I'd want to base my career in team management after. People like @notorioustig @nour @dankoa and @WannabeFinn have all influenced my views on being a GM, and what kind of GM I'd like to be in some way or another.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I can actually answer this one by saying @ml002's Mikhail Lokitonov. When I first joined I looked up who had the assist records for the league and saw that Lokitonov was the only recent player to make top 5 so I figured whatever he was doing must be worth following.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

My favorite player back when I was a rookie was First-Name Last-Name. I am going with Jagr vibes and saying my favorite player growing up was myself.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Despite his player being only one season higher than mine, I modelled myself after @Tomen 's player Alexander Selich. Glutes told me he was a good two way player and I should see what he does, so I did.

And now I have surpassed him.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I don't think there was any inspiration for my player other than maybe seeing whoever was leading the league in points, I wanted that player. Still have yet to be good though. SAD.
(34 words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

I joined this league a few months ago, and did so with the intention of making a Josh Anderson riff regardless of how viable such a build actually was. As such, I didn't really look at what the successful players were doing, and to be perfectly honest, I still haven't.

[52 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]