Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

I guess that would have to be Corey Kennedy of the Chicago Syndicate.  That was my SHL team early on and as I looked up from juniors I wanted to be as dedicated and talented as Kennedy.  His game was more of a pure defenseman and I was an attacking D-man, but that level of excellence was compelling and motivated me to be the best I could be.

As a freshly drafted Kelowna Knight, Duncan Mackenzie looked up to the player in the SHL who best emulated the player he wanted to be, the bang crash scorer Boris Poroshenko. DMack wants to score goals and hit people and Boris did both.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

I definitely looked up to Harry Carpet and his build when I was first getting into the league. Carpet started a few seasons before Kavanagh and was quickly proving to be a dominate netminder. Somebody for young goaltenders to look up to for sure.

Word Count: 44

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

When I joined the league, I wanted to be a goalie.  I looked across the SMJHL and saw Yanno Rosejac who was talked about a lot during the draft.  So, I wanted that kind of praise and results.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

The main heroes I look up to are the ones who had the awards named after them. From Elias Armia to Ron Mexico, so many legends of the past paved the way for the current SHL players, and each season we try to win awards based on them.

48 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I wish I could remember which players I used as role models for my first defenseman. I knew I looked up a bunch of players too see what build they had and how they performed. I guess no one stood out enough be "the one" for me.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 10:11 AM by leviadan.)

Being a Texas draftee I very much wanted to become Andreas Kvalheim @raymond3000. He delivered on the score sheet season after season, won awards, captained our team through a rebuild, and eventually to a cup. It was just awesome to see and I hope I have half the career he's had.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

The player I admired when I first joined the league was a fellow Maine Timber player, Will "The Wall" Windsor. Incredible shot blocking for the Js and was like a 2nd goalie out there most games.
While Calvin is not mirrored after him, if I do have a 2nd player, that will be who I will try to be like

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Long live Marian Potoczny, forebear of Czechia (despite being Slovak) and live Marek Vyskoc, founder of Czechia, and from whom I owe all (despite also being Slovak).

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

In my SHL infancy, Mike Izzy was a prolific figure on and off the ice. I wouldn't say I wanted to emulate him, but he was nevertheless a legendary person

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

i joined this league too many years ago. all of my mentors and high profile figures have come and gone. now i look up to nobody other than pushkin, who continues to push me to do my best as long as I give him treats. but yeah, i'm kind of a big deal I don't peak I plateau boom baby

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I tried to model my player’s game after Adam Barron of the Toronto North Stars and Adam Scianna of the Texas Renegades. These two are the kind of offensive defensemen that everyone wants to emulate.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

Gerry Atrick had no one to model his game after, everyone desired to be like him since day 1. maybe the one fella he did like was that Devin Williams that came before him, quite a good defenseman that guy was.

~41 words

i want for be as good laik @"NeonLime" bot witawt invest so moch tayme for type werds for mayke ton of tpe you kno

thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

On my recreates, I tried to create the best defenceman I could. Darian Scherbluk, Chris Partlow, and Alonzo Garbanzo were a couple of the defencemen I wanted to reach the level of. They did everything amazingly and were really the cream of the crop at the time. I had good runs with my defencemen, but never quite reached the heights they did.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]