Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

I didn't have any real "heroes" per se, but plenty of driving factors. Sven Gunnar was the only other Sven in the J's when I joined, and due to him aging out I am (by default) the best Sven in the league.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Coming into the league and not knowing much. I looked around to see who to model my build after. I found Adam Barron. Also a Canadian IIHF fantastic all around player This is who I wanted to model my game after!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Esa Anrikkanen was still kicking around when I first entered the league so I would have to say that he was Jimmy Slothface's first hero in the SHL. He was a legendary player and was just wrapping up his storied career as the league's leading points getter of all time.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I'd say Jason Visser was a player I looked up to when I was joining the league, the dude was always getting better and better, he ended up getting to the top of all time TPE leaders, I'm actually not sure if he still holds that, but his total was crazy impressive at the time.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I looked up to a lot of players in my first couple of seasons. I think the first one that sticks out in my mind was Jakub Bruchevski as the first line St. Louis center in my rookie season. I think Nic even told me at one point to just "do whatever he does" as far as builds go.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

My hero was legendary defencemen Dave Smith. He started his game as a forward which is when I loved his game. The guy was one who got into scraps with everyone. While I am not as big and tough as he was. I can still annoy the shit out of everyone

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

when i reflect back on my infancy here in the SHL players that i looked up to were ones like whoever @Pris and @that-guy-that-played-in-winnipeg-forever-and-was-really-good. i ignored players like joe k's krusty krab.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

To be honest, i got to the league completely on the dark, so i have no idea who to look up to model my player. I guess that is also a good thing, so i can just do my thing.

Not an SHL player cause I am not well verse in the Luke Arts.  But Jaden Schwartz is a player I loved having on the Blues.  He brings so much to his line that doesn't show up for stats.  Possesses the puck, is tenacious and max effort at all times.  If he had just a little more passing or finishing talent he'd be one of the best forwards in the league.  I love those guys who contribute and really elevate their teammates.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

I didn't want to emulate anyone in the league. I wanted to create my own patch, and succeed or fail with it. I know that must be pretty ironic considering my player name.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Code:
Your task: Reflect back on the infancy of your SHL and SMJHL career. What players did you look up to? What players did you want to emulate and maybe model your game after? If there were none, you can likely find a way to express that in 25 words as well.

Ryuuji Kawashima entered the league without really knowing much about the players there. He would always watch old nhl matches that had Nicklas Bäckström in them. He loved a good playmaker and knew that was what he wanted to be as well.

[44 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 06:12 PM by Kyamprac.)

When I first joined I didn't really know much of anything or anyone, so didn't have a model in the J. Now I guess I'm kind of following Lyle Odelein's build. Solid two way player, and huck just seems like a good dude which is an added bonus.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

There were a lot of great examples to follow on the Kraken when I joined like Jimmy Wagner, Dwight Knight, Conner Hutton, Axel Foley and the legendary Blunt Man. These players set the tone for me as a rookie.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

If there was any one player I looked up to when I joined the SHL, it was absolutely Juni. I saw him out there racking up the hits and getting into fights and bullying others and I thought to myself "Wow, I wanna be just like Juni."

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

When James Kimanje first joined the league back in S55, he really didn't have anyone he looked up to. All he wanted to do was make his own way and help pay for his family's immigration from Uganda to America, and that meant pushing himself to perform and compete to be the best he could be.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!