Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

To be honest, I didn't have anyone to look up to. I wanted to be my own heroe. I wanted to have my own style of play and each day I was looking at me in the mirror and say: I am going to be better than this guy in front of me.

(53 words)

Alexis Paquette
Popcorn                                                                          Center                                                                                                        Ahh                                

Team Canada              Maine Timber                                                                    
 This season I am going to be the wood that can't be burned

In all honesty I never had a specific player that I looked up to or hoped to emulate and honestly just wanted to create my own legacy, so far it hasnt been working out the way I hoped but maybe in the future I can look back and be proud of what I managed to accomplish.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

A player I looked up to was @juke because he was the first person to recruit me when I was a rookie. I also was hoping to build a player with more of a defensive prowess, and his player seemed to also neglect offensive output, so that seemed to make sense !juke

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

If I have to pick an old era hero for my previous player Krišs Labsvārds, then I would say it was Willie Weber. He is a unique way created the player the closest thing possible to real-life Shea Weber. In the modern era - Brennan Kennedy Jr. is definitively my pick. So a good all-around player. That's what a defenseman should be!

Oh man, no idea with my first player as I wasn’t around long enough to know any other players lol. But my second player, Kasperi Braulin, was a goalie and my mentor was Daco and his goalie, Kasmir Stevens (think that’s right). He was the starter in Vancouver when I was drafted there and he taught me a lot about building a goalie. And his career arc to that point was one I wanted to emulate (good minor league goalie, drafted to a good situation in the SHL, etc) and I almost did it! Maybe my next player will be a goalie for redemption

When I joined SHL I hadn't dream player/ star player I want to look like. I just wanted play great and be leader of team. I want to make Latvian hockey better. I want to win cup.

Without a doubt, when I first joined up, Esa Anrikannen was the player I think everyone looked up to. He was a force to be reckoned with.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I said this before when I hosted the hall of fame ceremony when I inducted him a few seasons ago but Mike Izzy was arguably the greatest winger in the SHL for a decade (Season 40 through Season 50). ASM builds his game around the legend of Calgary as he prepares for his own career with the dragons

Mia Landvik @Jenny was pretty much the archetype that Rex Kirkby based his game off of. Dominant in their own end while still contributing at the other end of the ice.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I think the player I looked up to the most while recreating was the Legend that was Ludwig Koch Schroder, unfortunately little did I know with the way the new sim engine works, that anyone sub 1800+ TPE can't really make a mark in this league - so now I have accepted my pure untouched mediocrity.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Well Jordin FourFour was an icon in Texas when I was there with my first player. I always told him I was going to make a goalie and be better than him. Think I may have come close to accomplishing that.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

My hero when I joined was @karey Viktor Marius. Not only was she a hall of fame player but also a hall of fame person. So hall of fame he has us own rule. Pretty dope.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

When I joined the St Louis Scarecrows there were two players on the team who's success I wanted to emulate they were @JKortesi81 player Doom & @rum_hams player Colin Lambert. Never managed it at St Louis though

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

I was drafted to Kelowna with #A-Rye, and we've been together ever since. When I first came in, I followed his example of positivity in the locker room and hard work when it came to the hockey side of the things. When I came into Calgary, Esa was another big influence that kept me on track and focused.

My hero going into the SHL was Jay Sink. He was drafted #1 overall in my same draft. I got to play with them and all I have to say is that its true about never wanting meet your hero.

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]