Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Best V Worse
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 10:02 AM by leafs1997.)

For my second deep dive I’ve decided to compare the difference in performance between rookies in the top team (Quebec – 26/5/2) and the worst team, I can’t use Anaheim, so it’s (Nevada – 10/20/2) at the time of writing 13th September.

Quebec Rookies 
Alex Kidd - LW (225 TPE)
Not Deadly - RD (187 TPE)
Brady Bertrand - RW (201 TPE)
Aksel Fiske - RW (258 TPE)
Skating Dino – G (226 TPE)
Spencer Elsby – LW (165 TPE)

Detroit Rookies 
Rodrigo Rivic – C (220 TPE)
Dirty Boots – LD (246 TPE)
Vastly Arkhangelsky – LD(249 TPE)
Hugh Jass – G (219 TPE)
Akashi SixNine Jr – RW(253 TPE)
Oskar Von Walther – RW (267 TPE)

Comparison:

Goalie

Let’s start with the easy one shall we, both are close in TPE with Skating Dino having 7 more TPE than Hugh Jass. One key note is that High Jass is the starting Goalie for Detroit, where Skating Dino is a backup. For Quebec Skating Dino has played for 238 mins so far, in which he’s faced 81 shots saving 68 of them thus allowing 13 goals, this equates to 3.27%. High Jass has played for 1754 mins, having revived 1119 shots saving 1018 thus allowing 101 goals to be scored, meaning a total of 3.45% are going in. 

Skating Dino revives a shot once every 2:54s on ice and so concede a goal every 21:36s, around 2.7 a match. In comparison High Jass revives a shot every 90s on the ice or around twice as often as Skating Dino, meaning every 17:18s he lefts a goal in so just over 3.5 for a match. 

So to conclude, having a worse team around you does mean that a greater a number of shots come your way which is to be expected. The higher percentage of goals conceded maybe down to statically variation with the large difference in play time, over the remainder of the season it will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Defence

Now the Detroit defenders have been earning loads more TPE than the defender for Quebec, around 55-60 more so this will be interesting to see how this plays out.  

In defence Not Dealt has only scored a single goal so far setting up 5 other during his 571 mins on the ice, with a Goal / Assists just under event 85mins of ice time, or once every 4 games for his time on ice. Now for Detroit, there two rookies defenders have played 693 min& 733 mins on ice so far this season, that’s 36% of the total season. Dirty boot has been the far more productive defender finding the net 6 times and proving 15 assits. Vasily numbers are far closer to Not deadly with only the 1 goal and 7 assits. This difference in productive is quite surprising considering how close they are in terms of TPE. My guess is that this is down to the team they have around whilst on on ice. Both play LD and so will very Easley be on ice together at the same time and this it stands to reason one will be playing with the 2ndteam my guess is that’s is Vasily who gets this honour. 

Offence

Other than Spencer Elsby the TPE on both sides are even with all of the above 200 TPE.

Brady Bertrand has the highest point total for Quebec with 19, consisting of 8 goals and 11 assists, over 80 shots with a 10% conversion rates. When looking at the best rookie for Detroit Oskar Avon Walther has 24 points 9 goals and 15 assist from 66 shots with a 13.6% conversion score. It’s worth nothing that Oskar has played on the ice for 60 more mins. If Brady got the extra 60 mins he would like be at one extra goal and 1.5 assist, so a touch under Oskar rate. This is a slightly surprising outcome, I would have thought that the better team of Quebec would be a field for a few more assist than on Detroit, however upon second thought I can understand the reason for this, if the overall standard of player is worse for a team this meaning that a standout player is able to make more of an impact on a standout team. . 

@CptGoosar GRADED! +5 TPE

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]