Create Account

Star-Light: S61 Day 18

Good day to you, Star Gang! It is I, your Keyboard Warrior here to bring you the day that was in the Simulation Hockey League. The Toronto North Stars have put together some fine play to move up to sixth place in the conference, as of this writing. It has been a brutal fight this season as the North Stars adjust to the new faces that have joined this team this season. Old veterans have tried to show them the way, and the rookies are trying to inject some fresh blood into this storied franchise. Luffy Richard is still trying to make his mark on this team's history, as a frustrating season for him threatens to unravel the progress he has been building season over season. The question is, will he overcome his struggles to be a steady piece in the North Stars machine, or will he crumble under the pressure?

We have two games on the slate for this day's sim: the Hamilton Steelhawks, a bitter rival who has stamped down on the neck of the North Stars dreams, and the Tampa Bay Barracuda who sit sixth in the league. This comes as a shock to me. Who knew not paying attention to other teams roster moves, players, and other such reporting minutiae that a person of my writing caliber cannot be bothered with! Both teams will be visiting our lovely city here, so bring out the welcome mats, Toronto, the games are about to begin!

The visiting Hamilton Steelhawks sit atop the league, no surprise there, and they make the reason why as they defeat our beloved boys in blue six to three. Hamilton put fifty-eight shots on goal to Toronto's twenty-three. Getting three goals shows some grit on the North Stars part as they were mostly hemmed in and fighting for their lives. Toronto won the hitting game, easy to do when the other team always has the puck, nineteen to fifteen. Luffy Richard had a neutral plus-minus, a miracle with the goal disparity, and had two blocked shots. Otherwise, he was out there being Luffy.

The second game saw Harry Carpet blank the Barracuda for his league-leading eigth shutout. The North Stars took this contest four to nothing while putting forty-three shots on goal to Tampa Bays' thirty. Hits were in the favor of the North Stars as well, twenty-five and seventeen. This was a great team victory for the North Stars, and a solid performance from Luffy Richard had an assist and a plus-two as well as four shots on goal and a hit. It is good to see Luffy put some mustard on his game. It is good to see him contribute offensively and defensively. That is the Luffy Richard the North Stars need and hopefully as we head down the stretch of these final seventeen games. If he can play like this every game, the North Stars will have another defenseman that can move the puck and shut down the opposing team. 

In forty-nine games played, Luffy Richard has five goals and eleven assists for sixteen points, as well as being a minus-four. This minus-four is, sad to say, is a great improvement from even just a few games ago. If he keeps this upward trend, he might be a plus-player for the first time in his Simulation Hockey league career. Luffy has even gotten his hands dirty, winning the only fight of his Simulation Hockey career. I know that gave his teammates a boost, and I'm sure he might be willing to throw down with any belligerent that steps to the plate. That makes sense, I am almost sure of it. 

Luffy Richard has the same goals as he did last season, but does not seem to be on pace for the twenty-seven points he put up last season. Nothing is impossible, but Luffy has been very hot and cold this season. Hopefully, we can see him chip in on offense to help solidify another playoff appearance for the North Stars.

Next week is another exciting week of Simulation hockey. Will Luffy Richard rise above his shortcomings, or will I have to spend the off-season with a mopey, ramen-guzzling roommate. 

Until next time,

Shine-on!

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Minor correction here, the shutout against Tampa came from our quiet backup goalie (first star!). I was sitting on the bench eating nachos. Who would've thought?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

09-19-2021, 05:54 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Minor correction here, the shutout against Tampa came from our quiet backup goalie (first star!). I was sitting on the bench eating nachos. Who would've thought?
Darn, my editors are going to be pissed with my lack of reseach.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]