Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

This is an easy answer for Mitchell van der Heijden. Why would he drink the drink to go to the Hall of Fame when he already has a decent chance of making it anyways? van der Heijden has scored the most goals in a SHL season, potting 49 with the Hamilton Steelhawks. He won the MVP last season after scoring 99 points. And even before his trade to the Steelhawks, van der Heijden has had a decent career. He scored the Challenge Cup-winning goal in S54 as the New Orleans Specters swept his current team. The season before his trade saw him play as one of the New England Wolfpack's best forwards on the team's second line. Even his SMJHL career has been good, as he won a Four Star in S51 and SMJHL MVP in S53. And that's not to mention his current season, where his 67 points are 3rd in the league (and on his team). van der Heijden's built a career that could be HOF worthy and he's still got plenty of seasons left; there's no reason to taint that with a possible charge of PEDs.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PT PASS

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Prompt 2:

My legacy on this site has always been much more than my player. My legacy is about the user as a whole. I will say winning the cup in New Orleans was fun but ultimately not where my heart lies. I do not care if my player wins awards or cups. I do not care if she makes it into the Hall of Fame (she won’t lol). My heart has always been in juniors. I am so grateful for everyone who has helped me get where I am. This is my legacy that I am creating right now. I want to be known as someone who cared, someone who gave her all to better the league and the site. And I will not stop working at what I do every day. I will keep listening to those who want to help. I will promise to do my best because I love this site. I love the people on it. That will be my legacy.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

It was a calm day in Vancouver, until Videl discovers an unusually colored Fanta sitting in front of her locker, obviously she decides to drink it, what can possibly go wrong this time? She took a drink of this Fanta, and at first, nothing seemed to happen. That was until her phone starting getting blown up with new story about how Videl is a Hall of Famer. Videl initially doesn’t believe this at all, as the news is always very sketchy. That is until the whalers come out and see a massive Videl Valor statue outside of the practice facility, and the note reading "The Queen of Vancouver Hockey". Videl flew out to Calgary and it was pretty much the same thing, but right as she landed at Calgary’s airport, she got mobbed by everyone in the terminal, and she spotted a statue of herself holding the challenge cup, reading "Valor: 12x champion, 1,000 goals, 700 assists".
(160 words, Prompt 1)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 07:26 PM by WithTheMoose.)

The legacy that Pengu plans to leave behind is the same thing he's been aiming for since he joined the league. He wants to be the best penguin of all time in sports and hockey is just a stepping stone to that. He has a clear goal in mind to get him there here in the SHL and that is to be an old fashioned, stay at home defender who takes the stress off of the goalie and eats penalty killing minutes like they're candy. He wants to block shots, he wants to hit people, and he wants to make it as hard as possible for people to score. His eventual legacy off of playing this style is to hopefully be the greatest shot blocker of all time and he's already well on his way with the current results in the juniors. He currently has a massive lead in shots blocked and is on pace to break the juniors record in the category!

ISFL: IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

PROMPT 1:

So you're telling me, with a single sip I can cement myself as one of the greatest players of all time? Umm... of course. It's not just success for yourself but also your team and their fans! There is no reason you shouldn't take all "legal" measures to support your team and fans to become the best around. If I can be the best around, you are damn well right I will be the best around. The records will be mine, the MVP awards will be mine, and if I'm lucky enough the team will rally around my leadership to win the championship year after year until I retire.

If my reign as the best around begins right now there is a ton of stuff I can accomplish before I reach the hall of fame.

10x Championships (with multiple teams, if I feel like letting a different team win after a few years)
10x MVP awards (because you aren't going to give that award to the 2nd best player)
And lastly, a few records to boot, why not Most Assists in a Season and Most Assists in a Career because as a transition player on offense and defense, I will do my best not to score every goal, but who knows as my career goes on I might not feel so bad about scoring some goals, cause after all it helps the team win and keeps the fans happy.

Code:
239 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

I wanted the legacy of my current player to be the greatest of all the players I've had so far. The landscape of the league is vastly different, but in the end it's hockey and your legacy is tied to your success on the ice. I'm not really sure how my legacy will unfold now. I thought I would take off sooner and I don't want to waste anymore time. I want to be one of the best players in the league. I want to put up tons of points, I want to stop the opposing players and play stout defence, and I want to win cups.

There's still time to make moves and I can see signs of breaking out. I think there is still room to create a great legacy. I see myself becoming a top 2 way player. I can see either a most improved player award, a Jeff Dar award, or an MVP award. I really think I'll have some individual hardware to add to my legacy. My big hope is that I can add at least one cup. There is so much that goes into winning, most out of your hand, but you need at least one cup to really cement your legacy.

In the end, I see myself with multiple awards and one cup. That would be a pretty solid legacy to retire on.

(230 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

For prompt two, I am being idealistic in my predictions and my hopes for my player. Nicolae Antonescu will hopefully retire with at least one Challenge Cup, and given the San Francisco Pride's emerging competitive window, he will hopefully have many chances at that. He already has a couple of All-Star appearances and award nominations in his soon to be four year SHL career, and I hope to maintain consistency with these nominations, and hopefully add a couple of award wins along the way as well, if I'm lucky. The main thing that I am aiming for, and am most likely to achieve with the benefit of the new 66-game seasons, is the all-time record books of the San Francisco Pride. I hope to set the all-time records for wins (and likely games played to go with it), as well as adding to some of my current single-season records with San Francisco. I've still got a ways to go, but with the increased season, I do benefit from the FHM era to strike as Chris Partridge's record for Portland/San Francisco wins.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Prompt #1

I do not hesitate a single second before taking the bottle from the man's hands. I then yeet it out of the window as hard as I can. "Man, I'm no gonna let you poison me. What, do you think I'm stupid? I'm not going to be part of this system!". I will continue build my own legacy of winning the first Cup in as many franchises' histories as possible without cheating. In doing so, I will get intronized into the SHL Hall of Fame without never winning an award, for it's clear that my curse will follow me throughout my SHL career. As I'm approaching my peak, I tell myself no lies: there's a chance I get nominated for best defensive forwards a few time, but I could never win it.

Outside in the street, the bottle opened up when it hit the ground. A few passing by turtles took a couple sip that would change the course of history in the fight between good and evil.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Prompt 2:

As my career goes on my hopes change. When I first started, I hoped to win a cup. I never won a cup with Tommy Salami so it seemed like the most important goal. When I won in S45, my goals changed and I wanted to win an individual award. I was lucky enough to get a 1st team all star award in S49 and then had an amazing season in S51 where I won the Mexico. Naturally, I wanted to put together a good enough career that I could get into the HOF. Given the players who are getting into the HOF now, I think I've secured a good enough career to make it when I'm done. I was always planning on playing 20 seasons, managing to put up 1000 points seemed like something that was impossible. With the switch to FHM and the switch to 66 games, 1000 points has become a lot more reasonable. Right now, that's where my aims are set. If I manage to break through the 1000 point mark, I'll change my sites to try and finish with more points than Esa. It would probably be short lived but holding the all-time point record for even an extremely short period of time would be amazing!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Prompt 2

As of now I haven't given up on getting into the Hall of Fame after my career. Give me a few Challenge Cups and the chances don't look so bad. So far all I can show is a McBride and that took forever to win, but hopefully we can add some more of those (and maybe a Razov?). Even got some All Star teams on my list too and who knows, maybe I can get one or two more. Other than that, I would still like to break several goalie records for my team, but those aren't easy to break unfortunately. Something like: most games played, most shutouts, and if I'm really crazy even most wins, but that will take some time. I believe "most losses" is already my record if I'm not mistaken, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. The only thing I really want right now is to bring a certain Cup back to Toronto.
Essentially I would like to leave a legacy of a player that will be remembered as one of the greatest who has played for this team and got this team through a lot of difficult times (in a super competitive division) in order to win them the Cup. When I retire everyone will cry, but we'll all be happy in the end.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

Prompt 1

So this weird dude is here again, this time with a bottle of Fanta which guarantees me being enshrined in the HOF. Waking up next to a guy with an Eastern European accent can be quite shocking if you are not used to it. After a little while of me just staring at that weird random guy, he repeats his question, slower but even louder than before. My brain starts working and some thoughts come to my mind. Hall of Fame. Ultimate goal for most players in the SHL. Building a surefire legacy while being at it. I could do whatever I want if I just drink it. My hand moves slightly in the direction of the bottle, but I stop movement after thinking about the words a little more. Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame. I know I can trust this guy, as the pill he offered me earlier worked in exactly the way it supposed to. But he never specified what Hall of Fame it will be. Is this all just a hoax? A trick to get me into any weird Hall of Fame? Thinking about all the affects of the pills he offered me makes me realize that I'm probably about to being fooled. It just sounds too good to be true, and I don't want to end up in the Hall of Fame of shittiest players there ever was or something like that. Maybe I get into the Hall of Same as it is clearly the abbreviation for Hall of Fame of Shame.
I don't hesitate any longer and refuse to take a sip.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

William Salming's future legacy is very interesting task to think about. I think he will be always remembered for being part of Team Finland's WJC squad on S57-S58 which won two gold medals in a row. Historic achievement for this country. He will also be remembered for being a part of first championships team of Quebec City Citadelles. But that is not enough. Salming wants to be also remembered that he won two other cups too. I mean, SHL title and IIHF title are still to be achieved and they are reasons why William wakes every morning up. Those two titles are reasons why Salming is on this site. Hockey game shows everything and means everything. Salming's legacy will be that he demanded everyday that everyone are best versions of themselves. He showed passion everyday on and off the ice when it comes to virtual hockey. He told his teammates to focus but also remember to have fun. Salming will be remembered also that he was a two-way winger who didn't never play with a win. His attitude and focus were always 100% when he stepped on ice and made decisions.

[Image: salming.png]

So,, prompt 1

As for some people who lack either talent, skill or work ethics, the fanta-esque drink from a eastern european man would be their only solution to reach the hall of fame, but for Luukas Lilja, its something he would never have himself. Just by having an immense work ethic, Lilja would never take the drink, because he is too ambitious to take the easy path. Some would call him a dumbass for not taking the guaranteed GOAT status whenever he retires, but Luukas just loves the rugged path to glory and earn his GOAT status at retirement by himself, and himself only.
After having a swift, tempered discussion with the man in his bathroom at 4am, Lilja grabs his mirror from the hinges and bashes it straight into the mans face. After he gets knocked down Lilja proceeds to lift him up in the good old "eukonkanto" fashion and yeets the strange man out of his bathrooms window, back where the man came from. After all that has concluded, Luukas Lilja peacefully goes back to sleep as it is another day to grind for the GOAT status

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty