Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

PROMPT 2

I don't see my player being a GM in the future. I think league won't allow him to be one. However, I think that Aumy Jr. will leave a legacy behind him after he will end his career in SHL.

Aumy Jr. already is SHL Champion with Buffalo Stampede, who has multiple WJC medals in his bag. Pretty decent career statline for a defender and very loyal player. I think that Hall Of Fame is definitely an option in this case. He is very close to 2000 TPE mark aswell. First line defender isn't dream anymore aswell - it's a posibility right now. When old players on Stampede will retire, his time will come when he will be at his peak.

Main goal is to succeed individually and with his team no matter where he plays. 1000 total SHL points as a defender would be pretty cool achievement aswell, but mostly SHL Hall Of Fame would be the biggest possible play. Legacy will be left for sure if all this will be done.

172 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

pt pass

pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Prompt 2

I am hoping my legacy is one of a contributor. I wish I had more time to spent on the league, but between job and family I only have so much of it. I have worked hard to keep my character updated, I worked on the SMJHL all star team, and I plan to take another job once my life has settled down from the madness that is this time of year in my job as well as moving houses. 

While I will most likely never be a GM, I look forward to trying other jobs, such as perhaps awards committee, maybe banking, I have thought about going out for one of the updater jobs, who knows? Again, I want to contribute to the overall site as I recognize it doesn't run itself and I do not just want to be a player or user.  So look out for me taking on more in the future!

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 09:20 AM by Accka.)

Prompt 1 graphic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...anner2.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Prompt #2:

When it is all said and done for Cillian Kavanagh, above all I would like him to go down as an outstanding teammate, friend and goaltender. Cillian has made strides to become such an invaluable member on and off the ice and I hope his legacy will go down in SHL history. Cillian was never concerned about individual awards or trophies - he wanted his team to succeed. Having spent some time in Kelowna, San Francisco and Texas - Cillian hopes to have made an impact in some way whether on the ice, in the locker room or outside the rink. With a Challenge Cup to his name, Cillian has often stated 'I won't be finished until I simply cannot get the job done'. He leaves it all out there on the ice every game/sim and has all his teammates back at all times. A 3 time SHL all star, Kav is excited for what the future holds and how he is able to cement his name into the heads and hearts of all that watch him play.

Word Count: 177

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Prompt 2:

Like the question, my hopes for a legacy are twofold: first for my player and also for myself as a user. I have said from day one that Marcel Beck will be a top earner and break the 2k TPE threshold. I can happily say he's currently on pace for that in year 3. My goal is to win a Four-Star cup and a Challenge Cup, at least. Will that happen? He only has a few postseasons left in the juniors and St. Louis isn't necessarily a powerhouse. He will try his best to captain the team to the end. It'll be a grind for sure. Then he will be called up to Winnipeg and continue the rebuild. I could see Marcel Beck being an All-Star top defenseman for a rebuilt WPG team in a few seasons. I hope the young Crows and Aurora D model their game after him.

As a user, I hope my legacy is cemented as someone who is dependable and a for-sure positive in any locker room or war room. I can for sure see myself being a GM, but if I do, I want to make sure I have the time to go all in. I just don't have that kind of time right now. When I put up Beck's retirement post, I want the GMs to fight over who is going to draft me.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

prompt 2

Oh, this one hits a little close to home, I feel like this is spoilers. That's okay, nobody reads PTs anyway. Gunnar has always said that he wants his legacy to be the impact he has left on the game a culture, not necessarily just the stats he accrues during his career. He has spent the past fifteen years trying to make the game a more welcoming place to marginalized demographics, trying to raise awareness of issues that are very important to him personally, and doing his best to be the kind of player he would have looked up to when he was a kid growing up. It's been clear for a while that he was never going to be a top-scoring hall of fame caliber player, but what he has lacked in sim luck production, he has tried to make up for by being a positive presence and the kind of person he would want his future children to be able to look up to. If Gunnar can leave behind a legacy of being a pretty good hockey player and also the kind of guy who is super valuable to have in the locker room, that's all he's ever really wanted.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Prompt 1

As tempting as a mysterious beverage from a strange guy who snuck into my bedroom can be, I am probably gonna have to pass on the maybe fanta drink. If he's Russian it seems reasonable to think he might just be fulfilling a stereotype and giving me the power of vodka in orange pop to succeed, but I don't feel like that would really send my player down a path of fortune and glory. Also I don't know the guy, so there's probably a decent chance he could be trying to do the complete opposite and just screw my career in the interests of supporting someone he actually knows.

And speaking of not knowing the guy, he probably wouldn't get a chance to tell me what's in the drink anyways because I would probably kick him out the same way as any other stranger who tries to come into my home unannounced. I would likely scream bloody murder in surprise that he's there at all, scramble to get my cell phone, lock myself in the bathroom like the coward I am, and call the police. My dog probably wouldn't be a fan of his presence either so I imagine there would be a lot of barking and growling, and just general chaos.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Prompt 1: I take the drink with little to no hesitation. My only goal since signing in this league was to be the best Sven, and I'll stop at nothing to make that happen. I've taken multiple GM jobs, including relocation to Great Britain to help them win a Silver (and hopefully Gold soon) medal, all in the hopes of solidifying my legacy as the Best Sven in the SHL. If I would've known that all I had to do was take a drink, I would've done that SO long ago. After taking the drink, I look forward to making my annual trip to the Finals, every committee penciling in my name as MVP of both the season and the playoffs each year. The league will just be counting down my days until my retirement, just waiting for the day that ANYONE else can get but a fraction of the spotlight. Once I do retire, every team in the league will retire my number out of a universal sense of recognition.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 12:37 PM by slothfacekilla.)

I am doing prompt 1. Seeing as I am hoping that Jimmy Slothface makes the Hall of Fame I would definitely take the drink of the mystical Fanta.  I am not really sure how good my chances are of making the Hall of Fame (I actually do not think I really have a good chance just looking around at my peers from the drafts around me) but I am going to give it a go so any sort of magic drink would definitely improve my chances.  I would have this magical elixir let me win two more MVP trophies, I feel like if Jimmy Slothface has won 3 MVPs in his career then he would be near a lock for the Hall of Fame.  I would also like to add two more cup wins to add to Jimmy Slothface's resume.  It would not only be a great addition to his time with the Los Angeles Panthers franchise but having three championship rings would definitely help make his case to enter the Hall of Fame.  I feel like breaking records might be a little too much to ask and people might get suspicious and look into my magic drink.  Maybe I could break some Panthers records and that could help with my Hall of Fame chances.  Either way I am taking that damn drink.

218 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

PROMPT 2

So what do I think or want my SHL/SMJHL legacy to be.  That is a really tough question as we can't all be Wayne Gretzky and have those fabulous point production point totals. Rinky McDangle is a screener.  I created him to collect his points in the dirty areas in front of the net.  As you know, this is a very tough way to make a living as you are cross checked, slashed, held and knocked violently to the ice on a regular basis.  Then, of course, there is friendly fire from your own players who are trying to shoot through your screening efforts.  I can tell you. a 100 mph puck hurts when it hits you !!!   My legacy, given the foregoing, is a bit of a toss-up.  Either an Iron Man Legacy for lasting as long as I do parked in front of the net and not missing a game.  Or The Contusion Legacy.  That would be the largest number of bruises per 60 minutes over the course of a career.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

When looking at what legacy I want to leave for myself, it’s complicated due to all the different roles I have. For my player, I want him to play well and be successful, but team success is more important to me than individual stats. I would rather have cups than be a HOFer or win a bunch of individual awards. The issue with that is as a GM, it will fall on me to get those cups, and that’s my goal as a GM is to win as many cups as I can, with an understanding that winning a cup is not an easy task by any means. I of course also want to be known as a likeable GM that players want to play for, but I know success is ultimately what lures players in. Finally, I feel I have a good legacy so far as Japan Fed Head, as @Nhamlet and I have gotten Japan back to back gold medals, the first two in Japanese history as well, so it’s nice to already be memorable in one aspect of the SHL.

183 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!