Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 09:18 AM by Spartan.)

PROMPT 1
Frankly, I'm more concerned that pill man is back. I thought I was clear in that I don't need any of his performance enhancing products by selecting the grape pill last time, but maybe this is him coming back for a second shot and convincing me to use his products. I'm also concerned as to how much you needed to emphasize this was Fanta. I don't trust it, but either way, I wouldn't drink it and here's why.

This bottle claims to allow you to design your legacy with just one sip. But are we all not controlling our own legacies every day? I've somewhat accepted the fact that my potential right now is to be a career scoring option on the third line, providing some valuable and cheap depth to a team that wants it. I offer decent locker room activity, no insight around the league, but I try to do all my tasks every week and sometimes write a piece for media. I've already been actively shaping my legacy, and I don't need some knockoff Fanta to keep doing it.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 10:41 AM by Lorec.)

PROMPT 1: Lev undoubtedly and without hesitation took the orange fanta bottle and gulped in down in two large sips. His father's legacy and freedom was on the line and if he could secure a hall of fame spot with just one drink and no side effects mentioned, well that was a no brainer. His mind filled and raced with thoughts of being a record scoring goal scorer for the Edmonton Blizzard. Winning multiple MVP awards and helping guide the blizzard to numerous cup runs. It was a surge of adrenaline, or sugar, and he knew this would all come to fruition. As soon as he gulped the drink down he looked around and saw no trace of the eastern european man. Was this all just a waking dream? Did he leave this fanta bottle next to his bed last night? Will Lev actually secure a hall of fame spot, along with multiple awards and numerous cup runs? The questions all went unanswered, for now.

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

I hope my legacy in the SHL will be that of Ol' Reliable. I am not the most chatty fellow in my locker room, and I am not the best earner or even close. But for all that, I do pipe in from time to time and I do earn. I don't like hoping from team to team so I hope to become a staple of the Minnesota Monarchs and become known as the quiet dude who keeps his head down and picks his team mates up when needed. I probably won't advance past the 3rd line, but that's okay. Danny doesn't need to be the star of the show either, happy to take secondary assists or just block shots in front of our own net. I like to think when I retire people not from Kelowna or the Monarchs (or the PBE) will think to themselves, "Who? Some rando with 250 TPE probably" and then wonder who that guys with a modest but respectable career was and how they never knew who the user was. For my teammates, I hope they see the retirement post and think "Sure hope he recreates soon!"

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

isfl pt

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Opt1

Eero Makela is asleep in his bed, a twin-sized frame with a curving metal headboard and a thin comforter the only things that kept it from looking like a pile of discarded rubbish. Makela has the money to buy a nicer bed, but he prefers this arrangement, as a reminder of hard work and dedication.

A sound startles him awake, but he does not move. He listens, he waits. He hears two heartbeats - his own, thumping dully in his ears, and a second one, a foreign one, like the faint beat of rain on a war drum. Under the blanket, he flexes his fingers. A home invader would find no easy prey.

A floorboard squeaks, and that's all Makela needs to make his move. Like a pale shadow, the Finnish rookie is out of the bed, executing a forward roll in the floor, taking out the intruder at the knees. There's a bellow of surprise, a male voice, the splash of liquid, and the thump of a body hitting the wood. Makela comes out of his crouch, one hand moving to the intruder's throat, the other to his wrist, in case the intruder has a weapon.

In the darkness, Makela recognizes the man's face, his bead-black eyes. The strange man with the allergy medicine stares up at him, eyes wide in terror.

"I -" the man begins, then clears his throat. "I was bringing you some magic Fanta." His eyes move to the side, where a can sits overturned upon the floor.

"Get out," Makela growls, releasing the strange man and rising to his feet. Even in the shadowy night, the prone man's eyes bulge at the size of Makela's manhood, which swings like a tree bough in a hurricane. "I have no need for your foul potion, intruder. No magic will improve me."

The prone man had no choice but to agree. He had come to offer Makela the chance to cement his name in history, but even if the hard-bodied defenseman busted out of the SHL, he had another talent that would ensure his fame for generations.

Topic 1:
Senji Seteki will not be taking the magic fanta.  Seteki is the type of player that likes to do things his own way and not take short cuts.  He likes to do things the right way and not cheat along the way.  Seteki is not one to believe in some miracle potion, anyway.  He is more of a practical person.  This is why he became a goalie, it is simple.  Stop the puck from getting in the net.  Seteki will continue to improve gradually to ensure he is enshrined into the Hall of Fame.  It takes hard work and dedication to be known as one of the best goalies in the league, let alone of all of Simulation Hockey League history.  Especially since Seteki wants to become an inspiration for the people of Japan, to encourage the people of the country to become a part of hockey culture.  It would be disingenuous to do it any other way.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

option 2
Well my legacy in the simulation hockey league is a legacy of mystery and confusion. This was only my second sim league, so mew two was created full of bright optimism and eager nativity. Of course that reputation has changed in my 5 seasons as an active member of the simulation hockey league. At first, Mew Two was a nobody, butt he exploded into a bona fied household name. He was a MVP finalist his second season, and followed that up with two more impressive seasons in the juniors. He has won many J awards, but still is yet to prove himself in the major leagues. His first season on the Baltimore Platoon has been pretty good by rookie standards, but he is buried down on the third line and cannot yet make a full impact. In the future his goal is to be the highest scoring player in the league. He is a 5x MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon) so he should be a lock for the hall. 
Code:
168 words

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

I knew there was a catch to eating the pill that was just a grape jelly bean. "Get out of my house, you loon!" I shout as I throw the book from my night stand at him. "I don't want your nasty ass fanta and I don't want your super powers." I grab my phone to dial 911 but before I can connect, the man is gone. Leaving no signs of entry or exit behind him. All the doors and windows are locked, just as I left them before going to bed."Am I going mad?" I wonder, questioning if this is all related to the grape jelly bean. I mean, why would I be so naive to think that of all the pills this shady guy was offering, the grape one was completely harmless. After awhile I start to calm down and come to the conclusion that it was all a very vivid day dream. Maybe I had a glass too many of cider last night or didn't get enough sleep. At any rate, I scuffle off to practice, inspecting the locks once more on my way out the door. "It won't hurt to change the locks, anyway... just to be safe."

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I hope my legacy on this site is more tied towards the Locker rooms than the awards. My main goal is to be a presence on all of my teams. Ideally I would like to be a captain, but just being an influence would satisfy me. This is the same for any hall of fame aspirations. Although being in the league wide Hall of Fame would be an honor, I would be even more honored to make it to Colorado’s and Philadelphia first.

The other aspect I want to be remembered by is international competitions. I would like to win the WJC gold as a manager as least once. My ultimate goal is to become Germany’s Federation Head and lead the country to multiple golds and to create a good active locker room. If those things happen, I will be able to look back with pride art my first SHL career.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Prompt 2:

Certainly not the Hall of Fame, unfortunately. Goalie in this league is a tough job, and your performance is heavily based on how well the team in front of you is playing. Its no secret that there's been some lean years in New Orleans recently and while that is the price you pay for the success they had previously, its led to some ugly looking stat lines. My first season as the sole starter for the team didn't exactly go according to plan, and we were one of the worst teams in the league. This season has been markedly better, but its going to take more than one bounce-back season to try and sneak into the Hall of Fame. I want to have the legacy of being a solid goaltender and a great teammate. If I can spice up that resume with a championship or individual accolade, I'll take it but being valued by my teammates is more than enough.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 04:43 PM by 3lewsers.)

PROMPT 2

I originally expected to be a borderline hall of famer, however numerous factors have diminished the chances of that dream really happening. I am on a team in the middle of a massive rebuild of which I am a core player, but through 125 career games I have only 42 points. We cannot get out of our own way and have the 2nd lowest scoring offense in the league right now. I hope that I can eventually one of the star of the league, but right now I am nothing but an afterthought. It has been a rough ride, but I have put too much into this to give up now. My bosses and my teammates deserve my best, and I never given up. While I have become frustrated and disheartened, my dedication has never wavered. I still have the skill and talent to get there. Some puck luck would go a long ways into determining the arc of my career. The future looks dim much of the time, but it can still end bright.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

I tell the man "no thank you I do not wish to drink from this bottle of fanta although i am fine with fanta as a beverage in general i do not wish to share germs with whomstever else's lips have touched this precious bottle especially right now in the middle of a pandemic sharing a smooch with many strangers is likely one of the last things i'd want to do at the present moment; in addition i, eko van otter, have put forth an impressive career already with a jeff dar award win and a nomination as well, and even a couple of all star appearances, also i won the cup with the buffalo stampede people forget this - with all of these in my back pocket and a few seasons to go yet, i think i may be able to some day make the hall of fame on my own merits without drinking from your bottle which may be carrying disease which i do not wish to acquire. thank you and have a nice day!"

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Prompt 2

I think my legacy in SHL can definitely be spit between a few different things already and it is definitely not easy to combine the legacy as a player and the legacy as a user because they are very different. Traditionally my players here have no been very good as far as stats go and that is definitely fine. I have won 2 Challenge Cups and 1 Four Star cup in my time here with players which is nice and I have a few awards to my name as a player but overall my players have not been something to create a lasting legacy. As a GM though I think I can create some sort of legacy even if it's filled with ups and downs overall. Not a great career GMing in SMJHL and mixed results in SHL with both NOLA and LAP having really good seasons but no cups to my name so far. I do however have the record for gold medals in a row as IIHF GM and have a ton of medals to my name there GMing Ireland so I do hope that helps my GM legacy here even if only slightly.

196 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Prompt 1: Wha...what type of question is that? Yes...of course I'd take a sip. What, do you think I'm gonna make it on my own? With all I've amounted to so far (which is nothing)? With all of the first round playoff exits and 2 win seasons that I've compiled? With my surprisingly consistent but still just under All-Star average statistics? No! No freaking way I make it on my own. I'm gulping that Fanta down and asking for seconds. I hate Fanta, as a matter of fact. Hell, I'd drink a 7-Up at room temperature if it meant playing just slightly better. As for my legacy, I guess I'll be the guy who's in the championship game every season? Will I win? Maybe once every other season. But I just want people to get tired of seeing me every May. Also, I want to average 69 hits a season my entire career. Now that's what I call a HOF-worthy stat.
Code:
179 words

[Image: duncan_png.png]

Prompt 2

My obvious expectation is to be the best SHL player that existed in history, but that unfortunately ain't gonna happen. HOF might be slightly more doable, and a few awards would be the ideal. I think, when my career is over, I'd love to be a player who has had a decent, nothing spectacular but making an impact, as I like to say in the SHL. Someone who has always been able to contribute to a team, although perhaps not being the star or top player on one. With no cups currently, it would be nice to win at least one Cup, whether that be a Four Star or Challenge. I'd also want to leave a positive mark on each place I visit, starting with Colorado, my starting home, Seattle, my soon-to-be home, and any other places I may visit in the future. For now, it's one season, one game and one step at a time to get there.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]