Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

I have no idea what my legacy on this site will become anymore. From S32-S54ish, I think I had become one of the best GMs on the site, be it in the J with St. Louis or being the most successful expansion GM of all time with New Orleans. I dedicated so much of my life to my teams and my players, trying to get the absolute best results for them. It's a lot of work trying to keep everyone happy. And then, my real life got incredibly busy, and I relied more on Nic, Overdoo, and python a LOT the last few seasons. The LR got a bit toxic, and some awesome people left because of it. A lot of that is on me. Add in the dumb mistakes (No 3C, and apparently "playing too aggressively") and there's this weird shadow over the team.

Granted, since then, we've gone through a pretty excellent rebuild, and New Orleans is on the rise. So hopefully my legacy won't be tarnished by a few bad apple seasons compared to damn near 30 good ones. I guess that's not for me to decide though. (197)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 04:13 PM by monochroma.)

Prompt 1

I mean, can't say no to such an offer, can I?

As for what I want to accomplish? I don't want to just auto win the cup every season. Never losing can really take the fun out of always winning. I don't want massive, record shattering point totals, either. My goal is something else. Longevity. I want to push my career as far as I possibly can. 20, no, 30 seasons. I want to be playing when my future teammates are drafted into the league, I want to be playing when they retire, I want to still be playing when they're inducted into the Hall of Fame. I want some guy 90 seasons from now to do a media article on the longevity of each draft class and be confused as to why S61 is so noticeably higher than the others, until they realise I'm the statistical anomaly behind it.

Of course, I do also want to win the cup a couple of times. It'd just be fucking depressing to be in the league for as long as I'm hoping and leave it without any silverware. I'm still in the SMJHL, so I'd be down to get a Four Star as well.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

ISFL  affiliate

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Prompt 2...

My hope is to leave the kind of legacy that makes the league want to change the name of a trophy. I want to be dominant in every aspect of the game, and become the best defenseman that this league has ever seen. It is not often that one player can make such an amazing impact that he alters the way the league goes, but that is my hope. Hall of Fame no doubt, helping the youngsters for sure, being a leader for a team and an organization, ABSOLUTELY! I want to give everything I have to the people who have put their faith in me to grow as a player. I feel like I have done that so far, being one of the top earners in my class, and there is nothing coming that is going to change that. Right now, I am fully dedicated to the Whalers, and I am so proud to have been selected by Seattle. When I get there I am going to take the SHL by storm and the league won't know what hit it.

184 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

PROMPT 2-

The LEgacy of Angus McFife shall be one of a reliable teamate, a welcoming mentor, and a blueline sniper. I want to be the guy teamates come to on the ice if they need a message to be sent to the other team, and off the ice if they need to talk about something or want to have fun. I also want my goalie to feel safe behind me knowing I will clear his crease and block shots when it is time to.

During my junior stint and going forward, I want teamates to feel they are welcomed to the team I play for, be it colorado or atlanta. I take pride in trying to get rookies involved in the locker room, training hard to get these juicy updates and answer their questions if they have some. This is something I pride myself in doing and know that the benefits will not only be reaped by either locker rooms, but also by the site overall.

Another part of the legacy I want to leave is that of a blueline sniper, like in the good old days. Nothing too fancy, just hard shots from far away hoping for a deflection or a hole in one. I think Shea Weber, my render, is a great inspiration for how I want my player to be in general.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt 1:

I, for one, would turn the man down because I would want to have the experience of creating my own legacy, experiencing the ups and downs that occur during a long career, and have many memories instead of just fast forwarding to the hall of fame induction. Sure it's guaranteed glory but the memories and experiences would be gone. Not only that but im not a big fan of orange fanta so get that shit out of here strange man. Now back in the day they had the blue raspberry fanta and that stuff was bomb, but I haven't seen any in a long time. Had it been blue fanta I may have to strongly reconsider, but I think I would still turn him down and just ask where he got the blue raspberry fanta from so I could go out and grab some later.

Now had I fast forwarded and been inducted into the hall of fame, I would hope that my player is remembered for being a high octane offensive dman who put up a crapton of points and had a very extended stint at the top of the league when it came to production from defencemen.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)

I have recently watched several Steve Dangle videos about his trade trees and one thing common hits in my head. That how desperate are GM's to get players who can play for their organization. Even though trade doesn't sound big and includes superstar players, the keyword - games played. And that was intension why I created Chris Goodname. I wanted a player that could be part of the Calgary Dragons organization and help to fill defensive roster slots as those gaps are sometimes hard to fill. I'm very glad that I was drafted by Calgary because it would be heartbreaking if another team would do that and after few seasons of service I would have to say: "sorry, I want to move back to Calgary, that's where my home is." And that team wouldn't achieve this important thing - games played. In conclusion - I don't want anything big. Just help my team achieve victory and have a good time with my friends.

Isfl pt

Prompt 2

As a player, Alexander Roach is hoping to be remembered as an elite two way center. He has been a part of the elite Buffalo Stampede team that has never done worse than the semifinals since his arrival to the team. With a couple of cups to his name already, I’m hoping to be able to add a couple of awards to my resume before I retire. The one I should be able to win is the Dar but apparently that one is reserved for good players on bad teams. Hopefully I can rack up a few nominations at least. 

As a GM, I am hoping to be remembered for building a fun organization that pumps out elite players and wins some championships. Winning is the easiest way to build locker room engagement and that is one thing I am pretty good at doing. I don’t expect to make hall of fame as a GM, but I do hope all of my players enjoy their time in Quebec City and go on to have great SHL careers.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I'm not too sure about the legacy that I am creating with my player Barry Batsbak. I know that in Calgary I've made my mark and my legacy is all but set, but in the entire SHL? The thing about that is that the draftclass of Barry Batsbak (S46) was the biggest draft class this site has ever seen and it contained many great players. Players who were fortunate enough to play for teams in their peak in the FHM era and rack up plenty of individual awards. I can't compete on that front, but I do have one Challenge Cup (Season 50) and a couple of all-star team nominations. Will that be enough to reach the SHL Hall of Fame? Who knows, I don't think it is. You need a little bit of luck too, but I'm gonna try to last my player for a good number of seasons so that the lengthy career might play a role to for getting a nomination.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PROMPT 2-

Since prompt one scares me a little bit as there is no mention of repercussions and if the monkey-paw episode of the Simpsons taught me anything.... there's always repercussions.... so Ima go ahead and just dream about what my legacy will be.

Ultimately I would like to have a player whose number is retired by the Minnesota Monarchs when I finally hang up my skates in about 25 seasons from now. I would like to hold some records, and win some cups but most importantly... I want to be chosen for Fantasy teams. It's like re-living the draft every year when you see your name selected up to 20 times by various different other players who respect you enough to try to win them the Fantasy groups. Awards would be great... but Fantasy is so much better. My ultimate legacy would be the player chosen most by the fantasy groups in a single career. Not sure if this is even a record yet... but it will be.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

ISFL Welfare

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

The words lingered in the room as the gruff man stood in front of Anton's bed, his eyes now properly catching the situation that was going on in the room: Anton held a half-naked succubus down to the ground with a hockey stick while his girlfriend, Kasumitsu, was busy offing an imp against the other wall. The three who still had life on themselves looked at the Eastern European man, who remained with a smile (albeit with a raised eyebrow) and once again made the offer.

???????: So, what do you say?
Harrier: I'm pretty sure this is doping.
???????: Haha! Nonsense, boy! This is merely a supplement.
Kasumitsu: You do realize you're speaking this to the guy who's about to interrogate a demon, I think he can tell the difference.
???????: ...Can I watch?
Succubus: If you're fine being cursed...
???????: A-Ah, well, look at the time. Say, do you know where Larkin-Conway lives?
Harrier: Aye, take this road all the way to the first park, turn left, go all the way to the end of that road, turn left again, then turn right on the second, there's a hospital right in front, you can't miss it.
???????: W-Well, thanks.

He stood there for a second.

Harrier: Bloody go already!

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

While some of my legacy has already been written with a few players under my belt, there's still more work to do. As a player, Challenge Cups and Four Stars are the things that motivate me most. On the management side, I have achieved everything that I wanted to. I was a GM for multiple seasons and brought a cup to a franchise that had never won one before. That's a legacy that is hard to re-write. And while I have a player in the SHL Hall of Fame, unfortunately, all of my forwards have seemed to underperform. Maybe it's because I tend to build them as pass first two-way players and those types of players just don't seem to get the same recognition when you take a quick look at the stat sheet in an entirely virtual hockey league. For this player, the legacy I would like to leave is a Hall of Fame career with a single franchise. Being the face of a franchise and synonymous with an individual team's identity is a really cool experience. In most of my other players, I have played for multiple teams. I would like to spend the entirety of my career in Chicago, help that team win another Challenge Cup (or multiple) and finish with a Hall of Fame worthy career. Setting a pretty low bar, I know.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Golden Face would immediately drink the Fanta, Orange soda sucks but the chance to be in the hall of fame is easily worth the bad taste. This is an easy decision. His skills are fine, his determination is strong but he is ok with taking the easy way out. After chugging the horrible soda he asks for a second bottle. Once its complete his dominance begins. Golden Face would lead the SHL in blocks every season of his career, setting and breaking his own record multiple times. He gains this ability to see passes before they happen making him the most dominate play disruptor in the league. The Panthers eventually decide that they no longer need a goalie and pull the goalie every game for the extra attacker. This new strategy allows for the Panthers to go on and win the next 10 championships losing a total of 12 games over that span. All of the games were ones the team decided to skip and do things such as amusement parks and ax throwing. We will never see a team as dominate as this ever again.

[Image: f7.png]