Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Under normal circumstances Erik Tokke would never even think to participate in the illegal undertakings going on through the SHL. However, with more than half the league taking these pills and drinks to enhance their game at the cost of leaving putrid smells throughout arenas, he didn’t greatly have much of a choice. After taking this mysterious orange drink from the strange man, Erik could see his future right before his eyes. Given many players around the league also took this opportunity he wouldn’t go on to win MVP’s every single year. However given his elite defensive acumen along with a solid offensive game, Tokke would go on to finish his career with 6 Top defensive forward awards & was a perennial all star. Hockey is a team sport but showing great leadership & intangibles in the latter half of his career he was able to help lead his teams to 3 different cups. Not too bad of a career for a kid from Estonia who first picked up a hockey stick at the age of fourteen.

(178 words)

(Prompt 1) I want to have the legacy of "Cool dude." I will be the coolest dude of them all. I will show up to the rink for every game and practice in really cool sunglasses and wear them for the entire game or practice. If anybody breaks them I will smash them with my hockey stick and put a new pair on (I keep many pairs of sunglasses in my jersey) Every time I score a goal won't celebrate I will just pretend it didn't happen, as real cool dudes do. I am gonna be a mediocre hockey player, that isn't where my legacy will come from. My legacy will come from ending every sentence with "brah" and having the sickest flow in SHL history. I will not hit anybody, because that would risk breaking my sunglasses and is just a generally uncool thing to do. All the ladies are gonna love me

I feel like taking a pill from some weird man is a one way ticket to getting an asterisk next to my name on the All-Time Leading Scorer list. Where is security anyway? Letting all these strangers into my gated community! I refuse your pills. Cause I have the skills to be the best damn goalscorer the SHL has ever seen. That's all I want. I want to score as many goals as humanly possible. Passing is for suckers. I have the confidence, skill, and most importantly speed to get myself onto the top 10 All-Time scorers in SHL history. The first step will be beating JLCs record at Nevada next year. Which means 35+ goals, it'll be easy, I'm already on track for 30+ this season and I'm only at 350 TPE. Then its rack up those PTs so the Forge call me up faster so I can put the time in to get that top 10 spot.

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PROMPT 2

When Karl was starting out, he didn't know much of anything. After recieving an offer to attend the SMJHL draft in S49 following a few solid seasons with his junior team in Germany, he reached out to some of his national contacts to get their input and opinions. It sounded like it was an overall good way to get a foot in the door for a potential career as a professional player, so he took it up. Unable to attend the draft live, he stayed up to all hours of the morning watching. Once he declared it was just a couple of days before the draft, so teams were very busy in scouting mode and preparing their lists. A few teams contacted him directly with the information provided to the leagues scouting and he was hoping that he made a good enough impression for one of them to take a shot. One of them did! now he was getting paid to play and among the same league that legends such as Izzy, Loktionov and Kvalhiem graced with their skills.

The start was rough. It took over half a season to get his first point. The skill level here was much greater than any he had played in, I guess that's why there is a junior league prepping you for the big league. 4 points on the season at the end, probably one of the worst rookie campaigns ever recorded point wise. That was ok, there was work to do and a lot of it. Buckling down, putting in hard work, grinding. Working harder than anyone else on the ice. He needed to be better. He needed to make the SHL. Second season came with a huge jump in preformance. Karl was able to put up points, and be one of the go to guys on his team. 3rd and final junior season saw him clip a point per game, make an all star team, and win the most dedicated trophy, his hard work was being noticed and starting to pay off, but now he'd need to get some playoff success. Moving on to West Kendall (Miami), Karl struggled for 6 full seasons without a sniff of playoffs. Finally after nearly a decade of hard work and grinding, Baltimore was able to make a playoff push, Karl was preforming at another level potting goals almost every game. He put together an MVP calibre season and in doing so locked Baltimore into the playoffs for their first time in 10 seasons! Improvement fully noted, but still a lot of work to go. Grinding. Always grinding.

That's what Karl wants to leave behind. He never expected to win any individual trophies. He wanted to be a support to a team. He wants to win a championship.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Prompt #1
[Image: S61_PT_5.png?width=376&height=578]

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

PROMPT II:

I want to continue to build upon the legacy that I have created with Daniel Merica Sr, fully cemented the family name in SHL lore. How do I want to do that? I want Daniel Merica Jr. to be even better than his predecessor, I want four challenge cups instead of two, I want to double the amount of the points, I intend to make Daniel Merica Jr. so motherfucking good that when you hear the name "Merica", you think of Junior. This all begins in the SMJHL, where I am hellbent on winning that elusive four star cup. Moving into the SHL, like I said before, win more cups, and also bring home that IIHF gold medal that Senior never could, fully embracing the Captain Merica storyline for good this time. Senior was already known as a phenomenal teammate, so it's only natural I continue that trend and create the ultimate teammate, lifting up his linemates by stacking their assist numbers.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

In my entire lifetime of being in the SHL I have created some good players. I have 2 guys in the hall of fame and 6 Challenge Cups to my name. I have enjoyed my time but I left a few years back because I had lost the enjoyment. When I came back I decided I wanted to be a team first guy. I don't really care about the minutes that I play or how great my team is at any given moment. I am happy to be with the Rage and don't see myself leaving unless they want to move me. I guess with that said I hope to be a top line guy but am happy to be someone who helps the team win and playing a strong game on the back end. But more importantly I hope to be a player that helps bring up the prospects and make them see how great of an organization Manhattan in.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Mostly, I hope to reach the ceiling that a player might be able to achieve. With that goal, I also volunteered in this league to accomplish it. One small step has already been achieved because I have set the goal record for myself and also in the history of the club's existence. I hope to repeat it again next season, because I'll be even stronger. I want to play in the first shift, be the best sniper in the league and win a lot of awards. It is necessary to work harder to achieve this, because the performance so far may not be enough because it is no longer younger. I want the young players to see me, too, and to like me, it would be a great honour to be someone in the process of building their careers. The dream would be to reach Hall of Fame, win an MVP title, and the title of the league's best bombard. Let us not forget that every player's career also needs a champion title, which I certainly want to win in the near future.

Well at the rate I am currently going with my player I think my legacy will end up somewhere between "Oh yeah that guy played for awhile" or "Long serving -servicable - service d man". I really don't expect much at this point for the legacy of MAS and really I am currently just cruising til my bank is empty - I will more than likely feel the urge to do some media and twitter because I can never just leave things, but my interest in the league I think might change with the coming of the off season and free agency approaching which will be fun to dabble in and see what develops if anything. I'd love for MAS to have a late career surge like so many D men seem to enjoy from time to time, but I feel like that just isn't in the cards this time around which ultimately is fine? But doesn't feel great after all the time invested to gain so much TPE yah know>?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Prompt 1
[Image: GmT0NlW.jpg]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

I think the legacy of this player will be a really good role player. I think that i won't ever become a star in this league but if I can contribute to a winning team that would be awesome. I have 2 borderline hof players and other leagues and its really a lot of luck to be in those positions. I think we Valdis I just wanna do right but the team that drafted my and slot into any role I can. I need to pick up the earning a bit but I think Ill be able to have a long career and hopefully make some noise around my peak seasons. I honestly don't know enough about hockey to really know what to expect year in and year out as far as stats. I am looking forward to unbanking and working with my gms on a build that will hopefully be viable.

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Looking at what I have achieved so far and what I still want to do and then looking at the time that is left I am sure that I will not be able to get all together. I am more than happy that I was able to win a cup with Texas. That was my highest goal going into my career. But that was not all, I really wanted to get a shot for the Hall of Fame. Looking at this, I am still a few huge steps away of it. Only one Award nomination so far. Never made an all star roster at the end of the season, at least I made a few all star teams midseason and was part of the all-star game. With the time left before I will retire, I have to do much better and get my name into some award pots to build up my legacy. Hope it will happen and I could end my career as a member of the hall of fame.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:01 PM by GoonerBear.)

Let's think for a few moments here. Robert E. O. Speedwagon is currently in the middle of the pack regarding his current S59 classmates, has yet to step onto the ice for an SHL club, and though he's a team leader, was passed over for every All-Star selection in the SMJHL during his shortly-concluding time in juniors. He takes the bottle from the man, asks how much he's allowed to drink, and takes a sip when he's told he's only allowed a sip because he has a lot of people to visit and offer. Fine. There's probably some horrific side effect to chugging it anyhow.

Coming in by way of London, Speedwagon enters the SHL a prospect originally praised and heralded for his determination and grit, though who would become an unremarkable prospect. But stats in juniors alone weren't why he was called in the first round. That grind would lead to a breakout rookie year, snatching the Jesster from seemingly nowhere. From there, he takes a couple of seasons to get his bearings, but in year four, he's off to the races, fighting for scoring titles, Jeff Dars, and Challenge Cups with his contemporaries. Even for a few years after the height of his physical ability passes, he's in the thick of the hunt for individual accolades, but more importantly, his efforts are critical to the Rage rebuild paying dividends every step of the way. Leading the new charge, he pulls down multiple Cups for Manhattan before time takes too much. At least 10 seasons after his debut, he sees he's just not catching back up to the younger stars of the day, and he gets a fond farewell tour. With the Cups and Dars in tow, the Jesster from long ago, and several All-Star nods, he makes a successful bid to enter the Hall of Fame.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:13 PM by the5urreal.)

PROMPT 2

The majority of the time, Atticus Hale is focused on the here and now. That's not to say he hasn't fantasized about his legacy. I mean, who hasn't? As someone who comes from a humble background and didn't really even think he could be a professional hockey player, a lot of things have already favorably fallen into place for Atticus. After a rookie season full of ups and downs ended with a second round loss in the playoffs, his confidence was a bit shaken. However, his sophmore season has seen significant improvements across the board. He's more than double his rookie point total, improved defensively, gained experience, and a lot more.

Atticus is motivated and always pushes himself to be better. That said, before his time is up in the J, he wants to help bring a Four Star Cup to Carolina. With Carolina potentially losing many of their S62 star players before the start of next season, he wants to crack the top 10 in points as the first line center. Atticus is also looking to position himself to at least get an A on his jersey. Once he gets the call to move up to the SHL, NOLA should be in a much better position. Though it's hard to predict how things will play out, he would like to work his way up the depth chart, gradually become a top offensive contributor (both for NOLA and league-wide), and win a Challenge Cup before his career is over. Over the course of his career, Atticus hopes that his contributions to the league will earn him as spot in the SHL Hall of Fame. As an eventual 2,000 tpe player and high end point producer, that shouldn't be too difficult.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]