Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Prompt 1:

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take that drink, boi. Hopefully it also comes with a PT pass if he's guaranteed to be in the Hall of Fame. Hopefully that means I can coast through the rest of Lambert's career. I can sit back and relax while pounding margs and see my player get all the points without having to do any work. That'd be dope, I can just chill in the locker room and not have to worry about missing a PT again. But wait a minute... When I take a closer look at the strange man offering me the cup, he looks kind of familiar. I rip off his fake mustache and reveal that it's none other than Micheal FItted! The little scamp tried to trick ol' Lambert! Colin chases him out to an alley where Fitted put a pound of mushrooms in the cup, downs it, and drives away laughing. Fitted made it about two blocks before running into one of the famous Tampa Bay fire hydrants.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Writing Prompt # 1

Definitely Gatez will grab that fanta bottle and slug back the glorious liquid in the bottle. He doesn't even think for a second about how sketchy this whole situation actually is. Fanta is one of Gatez's favorite types of pop, regardless of flavor. Orange, pineapple, grape, and even strawberry are all welcome in his diet. Does he think for a second before he swigs back that delicious concoction? No he doesn't, so the effects aren't really thought through. Its very much a half hearted thought while he is guzzling the fruity pop. A quick and hilarious thought appears in his big dumb head while slurping that delicious pop. "Hey, I bet i can consume the most pizza and beer in the entire league in one sitting, hell even in just one hour. Before he can realize what he has just done, he feels a rush through his entire body and gets a quick inkling to invite out some old teammates from maine for a good ole fashioned pizza party. Something is buzzing around in his brain telling him that he can out eat Bigga for the first time ever. Who knows, maybe something has changed him for the better, maybe he starts challenging other players to a quick bite to eat. As long as it includes pizza and beer. 

WC: 223

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Prompt #1: Of course I take the drink, because Fanta is the bomb. However since I got screwed previously in my career in being accepted into the hall of fame I would not miss this opportunity to finally get it. I have figured the key to getting into the HOF isn't reliant on personal accolades. Having a previous player with the most points of anyone not in the HOF made that clear to me.. You need to win at least 1 championship to even be considered. So just to be safe this time I think I will win 2 cups just to make sure I'm a lock. Also winning an award isn't necessarily enough, I got one in a precious career and it didn't help. So perhaps I'll take another 2 personal awards so people can't say it was a fluke. So 2 best defenseman awards please. In reality though I just need to be popular, so if I drink it I'd rather just have everyone love me so they put me in the HOF even if I'm under qualified.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

The legacy that I see for Bas Guiness O'Bigbers is that Bas will retire as one of the all time great goal scorers in the SHL. My hope is that I could retire as at least the New England all time goal scorer. Bas will play in the 66 game era so he's got a fantastic shot at doing so and the goal scoring record for New England isn't that high! Considering that through Bas' first two seasons he's already got 45 goals, I think he's got a really good shot. Especially later in his career when he's going to be scoring 30+ per year. I also hope to have a cup or two before it's all over. There's a long time to go yet. So long as people say "there goes a god" every time I walk down the street it makes no difference to me how I get there. But I hope with goals.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

I chose to write about the second prompt. I was briefly the co-GM of the Anaheim Outlaws during a phase when the team wasn't particularly liked in the league, so perhaps that's going to stick to me a bit. However, I started a rebuild with Talls before stepping down to the lack of time, so perhaps I could be remembered a bit for that if the rebuild ends up with Anaheim winning the Four Star Cup. On the ice, Kaapo Kampainen had an extraordinary run with the Finland junior team at the World Junior Championships and he won best forward of the tournament in S58, in a year where the team won the gold medal. His tenure with the Outlaws wasn't anything to remember. However, things seem to be looking good for Kaapo with the Blizzard where he's able to produce offensively better than he used to. If he keeps improving, he could very well become a really good player for the team and perhaps break a team record if he ends up being there for a while. I certainly see a Cup win for him in the future, wherever that may be, but things are looking good for the Kaapo Kampainen legacy.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 11:08 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

The legacy I hope to leave for myself with the second prompt is one that people were happy to spend time around. I hope my retirement post brings people out of the woodworks to say that they enjoyed talking to me, and felt like I made change for the better for the league. My legacy is often something I think about and is something I hope to create one to be proud of. It is my own small personal hope that every place I have had an impact views it as something positive and something to be upheld as exemplary. It would truly make my day for years to come should people look at Joseph Weston and say that he was a leader on and off the ice, that he made people want to be better in all aspects of the site and their players, and that he was someone they enjoyed being around. That would truly be what I hope to accomplish by the end

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Going in I wanted my legacy to be hall of fame two way forward, top line centre who could pot goals using his frame. In STHS this was always a fun build. Within one season of joining (back in S5 this was easier) I was a GM in the juniors and I knew what my legacy should be outside of being a player. That's when I figured out how much I loved juniors, how much I loved introducing new player to the league and making friends with people who were just figuring things out. That was fun, especially early on as things were so different, and so much tighter knit and loosey goosey. I wanted to be a commish in the J and be a lifelong GM there

Looking back I think I fulfiled this for a short period of time. I was super involved in the J from S5-S25 which is why the dedicaiton award got named after my namesake. I think that's an awesome legacy that I am so proud of. I feel like I helped build SMJHL into what it became through my time. I only wish I had spent more time in that role and really embraced my position within the J. In S25 I thought it was my time to be in the SHL and transfer my legacy, but my biggest regret is not staying in the J and helping continue to build that league up over time and creating a true legacy as the best SMJHL GM/commish/head office member of all time

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 11:17 PM by Nhamlet.)

Code:
PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)

I've been incredibly blessed to have been able to find so much success so quickly in my relatively young SHL career so far. A 4 Star, Challenge Cup and Gold Medals for Minamino, as well as leading the Newfoundland Berserkers to their own 4 Star as a GM last season. On top of that, having the record for most winningest team in the J is something I'll appreciate having everything fall into place. Beyond this, it's tough to say what my aspirations are exactly given that I've seen so much in so little. Now more than anything, the longevity is something I struggle with as a junior GM. Putting new users who are young, excited and passionate about wanting to ply their trade, I think that would be the eventual goal. Yet at the same time, I incredibly respect those J GMs who have had long careers, regardless of the number of cups but just the fact that they were able to do it for so long.

Winning more cups would certainly make it stand out more but the dedication must have been on another level.

I think as a result, a goal for myself is to continue to add and improve Newfoundland from the insane asylum of success and nonstop activity, into a league wide recognition. I would also like to continue to encourage both new and older users to find their passion and enjoyment in this site, as it has given me so much personally. Even when eventually I step down, it isn't so much my name that I want to stand out as the GM of the team, but the reputation of the organization as a whole to be meaningful to all kinds of users.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Code:
Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)
For sure, my goal with Jannik is to have a better overall career than Tegernako. Although, to be completely honest, Tegernako didn't have the easiest career path, going from a struggling expansion team in the SMJHL, to a team who had to go through several rebuilds in his career at the SHL level. It's already a better start for Nordstern, having won the Four-Star Cup in his rookie season, and showing a stronger offensive side in his sophomore season. This should (hopefully) put him in solid contention for accolades over the next two seasons - and then comes the SHL career. It would be a shame if I can't get close to 20 seasons, even if the regression rules will probably be tighter than they are at the very moment. I'm hoping to see Jannik have a number of takeaways, blocked shots, and hits that range close to the numbers of the immortal Alonzo Garbanzo, or even the current active leaders, Matthias Seger and Collin Gibbles. I'm looking to build a Bojo contender for the end of the 60s/start of the 70s, and I hope to grab at least one, now that our team is looking in much better position to make noise in the Western Conference. Oh, and a Challenge Cup. But I don't want to dream too big...

(220 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Prompt 2:

I pray! I pray, that one day I will make it into the Hall of Fame. I will fight regression as hard as I possibly can, 30 seasons if possible, just to make it in. My player kinda sucks now, esp with the 15% regression, and I'm not as good at fantasy as I used to be, or maybe my opponents just aren't dog shit anymore and actually know what they're doing, but I don't win any TPE from that anymore, but from what I can do, I still max earn, I still buy equipment, and $1mil training every week, and I don't miss tasks, even if it means completing this specific PT 25 minutes before it's due. I will go the distance, just to make it in. Any yea, maybe having no awards will hurt me, but one of those two Razov's had my name on it, and one season I was snubbed of a Dar nom when I led the league in takeaways, and for a single season I had the +/- record which not too many people can say the same of. One day I will make it in, or not, but either way I'll leave this site with no looking back.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 11:39 PM by Jumbobone19.)

PROMPT 1: GRAPHIC
[Image: oxDtgHM.png]

Career Regular Season Stats:
GP: 1848| G: 323 | A: 518 | P: 841 | +/-: +119 | PIM: 333 | HIT: 2576 | SB: 1281
Career Notes
All-Star Team (S63, S64, S65, S66)
Challenge Cup Winner (S64, S65)
Anton Razov Trophy (S65)
Sergei Karpotsov Trophy (S65)
Sarmad Khan Trophy (S65)
Baltimore All-time leader in Games Played, Assists, Hits

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

In Aleks Blixtstrom's hopefully long and successful career, I hope he becomes the absolute cream of the crop, top, #1, best defensemen in the league. I hope he absolutely destroys everyone and blocks every shot the other team takes. I hope he leads the Panthers to many championships and wins many awards. I hope he is inducted into the Hall of Fame and remembered as the best defensemen and player in Simulation Hockey League history.

In all seriousness, I'm really not expecting much sim wise. I don't think I'll make many all star teams or win any awards, if any at all. But I'm okay with it. I didn't join to try to make an amazing player or anything. I joined to meet great people. I am very happy with where I landed, in Carolina and Los Angeles. I hope I'm remembered as a great locker room presence and a fun person to have on a team. I may not be that good at all or win any championships, but I will still have a great time.

Prompt 1)
Immediatly without hesitation as soon as I awake to a strange man I ventilate the intruder. Hearing something about the SHL and bottle I think it might be an explosive so i run out of my house. Asking a neighbor I dial the emergency authorities to let them know two things: i have potential killed a ghost/shadow under fear for my life and there may be an orange explosive within the house. 10 hours later after bomb squad wrapped up their investigation and I got done giving my account to detectives I am let back into my house. Where there should be a blood stain on the carpet next to my bed instead is a orange like hue. I get out a wet vac and clean up the mess left by the intruder. That orange liquid whatever the fuck it was wont be bothering me anymore. The city of Baltimore gives me a key to the city as the intruder has been linked to several other instances where he broke in and terrified innocent civilians around the city with various sodas claiming to have magical powers.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

ISFL affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

duuuuuude what do you waaaannt...? im trying to sleep... no! idontwantyourstupiddrink. yeah, i get it, i get what it does. i dont need that shit. look, if itll get you the fuck outta here... you wanna know what my legacy is? its just doing whatever my team needs of me. i dont give a shit about personal success so no amount of records or trophies would mean a thing to me. my success is based on the success and chemistry of my team, so, really... how is it that you think your drink will help me? my team may need something different from me now than they need down the line so anything permanent is just useless. wait a second... just... one... sip. so youre saying i can change my legacy every time a take another sip....? welllll then... *jumps out of bed and kicks the man in the balls, reaching out to catch the bottle as it falls from his hands* *runs out of the house screaming like a mad man... never to return home again*