Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 05:43 AM by Mutedfaith.)

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?

Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S61 SMJHL Rookies (S62 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, September 26th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

In my opinion, there isn't much of a fight this season for the Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP. The clear leader for the trophy is Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City Citadelles. Greyson currently leads the SMHL with 65 points in 45 games, with an outstanding 39 goals and 26 assists. Greyson is currently in a position to break the all-time goals record held by Kynwyl Pearce in the FHM era of the SMJHL with 43 Goals in a season. In second place I would pick Kappa Kappa. Defenseman Kappa Kappa currently leads all defensemen in points by 10 with 51 and only sits 4 points back from second place in the league. Kappa also is also tied for the top spot in the league in plus-minus with a 40 against his teammate Alfred Yankovic. Third place would have to be Lev Lebedev. This left-winger is tied for second with Rober Black who both have 55 points. Lev is 14 goals behind Greyson and he doesn't have much of a chance to catch up with only around 20 games left in the season.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: iB9r7kM.png]

The MVP Race is always a fun discussion, this year I'd chalk it up to a three Horse Race at this time (with 1 player clearly taking the lead with 20 Games to Go.

Greyson Cooper - QCC
Kappa Kappa - QCC
Robert Black - NL

Cooper - Cooper clearly has the lead right now. With a chance to break the J goals record (a stat in which they have a 13 goal lead in), along with a 10 point lead among all skaters. Cooper has shown that they are everything GMs want in an offensive juggernaut. Even a mediocre finish to the season should see Cooper walk away with the Fallah

Kappa - Not to be outdone by their QCC teammate, Kappa 2x is leading all D with 51points (a nice 10pt cushion on the next closest competitor). Not only that, they lead the league in plus minus among all skaters.

Black - For my final candidate, I had to give the slight edge to Black (over McDangle and Lebedev) Black has been putting up big points this season on a team that has been scoring at a lower clip than the other two players (Leb and McD).

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Stan Din'desque

Din'Desque is making his case for MVP with a solid statline, putting up 53 points in 45 games. While not a physical player, they excel at smart offensive choices that convert on the scoreboard and backing it up with solid defensive play with 63 blocks. One of the highest average game ratings means only one thing, consistency.

Greyson Cooper

No MVP talk should keep Cooper out. On route to one of the best SMJHL seasons in the FHM era, Cooper has lots of room to expand on his gameplay with 21 games left in the schedule. Rolling just under 1.5 PPG, the SMJHL will be watching to see if someone can manage a 100 point season. At this pace, it's going to be tight

Robert Black

Next we have Robert Black, who is giving Cooper and Din'Desque a run for MVP with his 55 points in 45 games. Another consistent performer, he is making magic happen while only playing 16 minutes a game, while his main competition for the award are getting 2 or more minutes a game.

While the race for MVP looks tight when you take in complete statlines, Cooper seems to be pulling away with it

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Let's be honest here, Greyson Cooper is kind of running away with it. With 10 more points than second, and 13 more goals than the next best scorer, it is pretty clear that Cooper is the best player in the league.

The argument that I could see is instead going with Rinky McDangle. Cooper has some help with being the best, with two other Citadelle players being top six in scoring at this point. Lev Lebedev and Robert Black similarly have cohorts in the top of the scoring leaderboards, clearly showing they aren't doing it alone. McDangle, however, ranks second and goals and eighth in points, and the next closest teammate is ranked 19th on the leaderboard! He is clearly the most valuable for Colorado, and if you're treating it based on value instead of impact, it would make sense to lean toward McDangle.

Likewise, Jimmy Larkin-Conway and Cormac Ponaire could garner some votes. However, for Conway it is unlikely since he has Anton Harrier in the top 15 with him, and his team isn't exactly in playoff position. While it can't all be on him, voters don't typically give awards to players on teams who miss the postseason. For Ponaire, he ranks 11th in points, with 42 in 46 games, but he has two teammates tied at 21st with 39 points each. He isn't really head and shoulders above the unit.

Ultimately, Cooper is the one to beat. 39 goals in just 45 games is insane, and 65 points in that time is a huge number. Only once since we started in FHM has someone put up 39 goals, in the whole 66 game season, and that was in S58 Kynwyl Pearce with 43 goals. In S58 and S59, the points leaders had 69 points and in S60 three players cracked 70 points for the first time. With 21 games to go, Greyson Cooper should be setting some remarkable and possibly unbreakable new records and easily should run away with the award.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 11:18 AM by Michiganonymous.)

MVP is stand for "Most Violent Player," yes? Vasily is winning! Haha! Well, as soon as Vasily beat up Brent Ashe from Scarecrows in big fight to prove he is bigger, stronger, and meaner even though Ashe have more hits. Ashe have more hits, so Vasily must have bigger hits. Is quality, not quantity, see? Also have to beat Titanus Mosura in fight; Vasily have more hits than him, but Mosura is close so Vasily must make a point. Is nothing personal, Mosura surely understands.

Wait, hang on. Coach is telling Vasily MVP actually stand for Most Valuable Player. Bah, Vasily probably not win then. Is OK though, game is about having big fun time, not winning big shiny trophies. How Vasily supposed to know who is most valuable? Vasily can only see his own bank account, not anyone else's. Have to guess maybe? No, hang on again, coach says "valuable" is not about having most money, but who makes biggest contribution on ice to team winning. Much trickier question, Vasily have to think about this one.

OK, Vasily check standings and stats. He does not have vote, but if he did, would look like this:

1. First most valuable player have to be Greyson Cooper. Man is just points machine. Quebec is clear best team in their conference, leading league, and Cooper is huge reason why. Man is on pace for something like 50-60 goals and has outside chance to get more than 100 points if he pick up the pace on assists. Monster on power play too, most PP goals of all players. Vasily must remember to hit him many times very hard whenever Detroit play Quebec City. Cooper does take many many shots, but he scores almost 1 in 5, so Citadelles coach probably is not complaining about it.

2. Second place is Lev Lebedev. He is clear second place to Cooper, who honestly probably has award already in bag. But Lebedev having very good season for Whalers; could score 40 goals and more than 75 points. One place where Lebedev is better than Cooper is creating chances. Lebedev is little bit better passer and playmaker, Cooper more like pure goal assassin. Will be very fun to watch Cooper vs. Lebedev if Citadelles meet Whalers in Cup Finals!

3. Vasily must give a defense man some love. Very impressed with play of Kappa Kappa this season. Quebec score lots of goals because they have Cooper, but not give up very many because they have Kappa. Honestly, Vasily not sure how he feels about defensemen who do so much offense, but Kappa tied for league lead in +/- so he probably doing fine playing defense even if he is bit of fancy show-off in Vasily opinion. Still, Kappa Kappa is very good player and fun to watch, Vasily must admit.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 11:46 AM by Crunk.)

Quebec City Citadelles left winger Greyson Cooper has scored 39 goals this season, along with 26 assists for QCC. He leads the league in both goals and points, and with a Shooting Percentage of 18.5%, it isn't hard to see why he is the first name that comes to mind for MVP.

Quebec City Citadelles left defenseman Kappa Kappa leads the league in goals, assists, and points for defensemen, as well as leading the league in plus minus. With twelve more takeaways than giveaways, he isn't a slouch when it comes to regaining possession of the puck for QCC either. He has a strong case here.

For my third pick, I am going to make the case for an underrated player who is doing far better in advanced metrics than counting stats - Maine Timber goaltender Bloody Oath. Oath leads the league in Goals Saved Above Average, and though he is only fourth in saves and fifth in save percentage respectively, I would like to see the voters recognise the value of a goalie who does a good job under a heavy workload.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Kappa Kappa - QCC
I think Kappa Kappa leads the MVP vote. As a defenseman myself I believe what he has done is more impressive and harder to accomplish. Without his setup ability (37 assists) Greyson Cooper doesn't score the goals that everyone is raving about. He has shown a great two way game as well. 36 blocked shots to go with 41 hits through 45 games shows his commitment to play both ends of the ice. Cooper is having a stellar season and he owes it to his teammate Kappa.

Greyson Cooper - QCC
Don't get me wrong. Greyson Cooper has been unstoppable this season. In 45 games played he is 39-26-65. He is on track to set the new single season goals record in the SMJHL and it could very well hold out for a long time to come. What is more impressive is His two-way game is great as well. 21 blocked shots to go with 31 hits. He is also only averaging 18:18 TOI which puts him middle of the pack for QCC.

Lev Lebedev - VAN
Looking at some other votes in the thread I'm shocked that Lev isn't getting more recognition. He is 3rd in goals with 25, 6th in assists 30 and 2nd in points with 55. That puts him ahead of Black in 2 categories and just behind Cooper in goals and points. He is also doing it with a more rounded team. There is no Kappa feeding him goals. He is finding a way to score them and generate them. I may even put Lebedev above Cooper for the league MVP. This isn't award isn't for most goals. I believe Lebedev makes the entirety of his team better with his play and removing him from the equation hurts them more than removing a pure goal scorer.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

I think we all probably know who is going to win MVP this season, and my frist pick would be Greyson Cooper on the QCC, he is leading in goals with 39 and points with 65 this season. With his abilty to not only score but to create chances for his teammates, makes him a top contender for the MVP this season. 
I have Led Lebedev on the Whalers in second place, he is right behind Cooper in points with 55 and althoug he is a decent bit behind in goals, I think if Led can have a strong rest of the season and catch up to Cooper in goals he could challege for MVP, Led playstyle is more of creating chances for his teammates and setting them up for opptournities to score. 
For my third pick could be a surpise but the defender from Qubec City Citadelles is Kappa Kappa, he is the leading in assists with 37 and points with 51, not only is Kappa creating chances for his teammates but on the defenisve side tied in first in plus/minus with 40 which I think is incredible and I think Kappa can make a strong case for MVP.

[Image: duffleman2002.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 01:55 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)

There have been some fantastic players this season in the J and some are in the running to be crowned the league MVP at the end of the season. Here are the players that I believe will be in the final candidates to be considered for the league MVP.

First we have Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City  Citadelles who as of this post has an astonishing 39 goals 26 assists for a total of 65 points in just 45 games so far. Greyson is leading the charge in goal scoring with 2nd place behind 13 goals behind them with 26. They are also currently only the 60 point player in the J and is doing all of this with an average ice-time of 18:18. Greyson is the frontrunner as of now to take home league MVP.

Next we have Lev Lebdev of the Vancouver Whalers who has 25 goals 30 assists for 55 points in 46 games played thus far. Lev has been a dominate force this season while only averaging 17:14 minutes of ice time. Lev would be my 2nd candidate for J MVP in S61.

Finally I would include Robert Black of the Newfoundland Berserkers who has 16 goals 39 assists for 55 points in 45 games so far as well. Robert had a phenomenal last season and is carrying over their strong play to this season as well showing they are the real deal.

These are the people I believe to be in the running for league MVP and will be interesting to see how they all finish down the regular season! 

(267 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

ISFL Affliate

[Image: gill.png]

I think at this point of the season it'd be pretty stupid to pick anyone else other than Greyson Cooper to win the coveted MVP trophy this year. Currently with 41 goals and 70 points, Cooper is in the goals lead by 11 over Rinky McDangle and its going to be pretty hard to catch him within the last week of the season. Additionally, he has helped the Citadelles lead the league in virtually all categories and is probably one of the best players the SMJHL has seen in a few years. Other than him, I think you could give Nor Dekes some love, another Citadelle goalie who leads the league in wins and shutouts, among the top in the league in virtually all goalie statistics, but the way she goes is that goalies just do not get the love they deserve from the public and the awards committee. Lastly, Robert Black could be up there, he is 2nd in points and leads the league in assists but I just don't think you can overlook the success of Cooper ever.

(182 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

The three players currently leading the league in points is Greyson Cooper, Robert Black, and Lev Lebedev.

Greyson Cooper is far and away the point leader, they currently have an outstanding 70 points in 48 games, 12 ahead of Robert Black in second place. Cooper is gunning for records this season, he's only two goals form the SMJHL single season goal record of 43 and looks like will easily defeat it. He is also only the fifth player to break 70 points in the FHM era and looks to shatter the points record with so many more games to still play. 

Robert Black now has the Newfoundland Berserkers record for most career regular season points, an incredible achievement but not enough to steal the trophy from Cooper. At 58 points, Robert Black is having a great season but it's hard to not give the MVP to the guys who is gunning for the record books. 

Lev Lebedev is also having a great season, helping the whalers immensely to be in second place behind QCC. He currently has 57 points and looks to possibly clear 70 by the end of the season, he might get a few MVP votes but Cooper should win it easily.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

The three players I think that are in the running for the Ideen Fallah Trophy, AKA the MVP.
First being Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City Citadelles, Cooper is leading everyone in points with 70 points in 48 games that is a 1.46 points per game pace thus far. Which is really good and depending on how Cooper does throughout the remaining games could increase that number.
The second player I think in the running for the MVP is Kappa Kappa of the Quebec City Citadelles, Kappa is a defenseman and still has 53 points in 48 games. Which is a fantastic scoring pace for a D-man, having a points per game pace of 1.1. Kappa with his 53 points also leads all other defensemen as well.
And finally, the third player in the running of the MVP title, is Rober Black of the Newfoundland Berserkers. Black is second in points with 58, and first in assists with 42. Black has a 1.23 points per game pace, and most of those points are assists, Black is an assist machine. 
Each of the three players have their own reasons why they should win but with the almost historic season of Greyson Cooper I think he is a lock for the MVP title. (211 word count)

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

I'll be honest, I can't tell if this PT is a joke or not because of how clear the MVP for this year is. If you think it belongs to anyone but Greyson Cooper you must be delusional, as he is on pace to not just break but demolish records in the SMJHL, being only 2 goals away from the all-time FHM goal record with 18 games left in the season for him, and only being a few points short of the point record with a quarter or the season to go, it seems like out of nowhere Cooper has played like the best player the SMJHL has seen so far in the FHM era and has been the main reason for QCC being a force to be reckoned with this season. The scariest part of this entire thing for other teams is that he scored at an astronomical 1.73x pace in last season's playoffs compared to his regular season performance, meaning that if he follows up with this incredible playoff pace he will have a 2.52 ppg in these upcoming playoffs, which is around 50 points in 20 playoff games. Obviously it's a stretch to think that Cooper will score at this pace for these upcoming playoffs but he still should easily be the ace up QCC's sleeve in the playoffs like he has been this whole year so far.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank