Create Account

Star-Light: S61 Day 19

Good day to you, Star Gang! You are the read, and I am your Keyboard Warrior here to bring you the day that was in the Simulation Hockey League. Yesterday was a decent day for the Toronto North Stars who still have not figured out how to take it to the Hamilton Steelhawks, but that is okay. They will have another whack at the pineta as the Steelhawks are one of the three teams that the Toronto North Stars will be facing in today's sim. This is the home stretch for the sixty-first season of the Simulation Hockey League, and the North Stars are in a position to make a run for the cup, but this scrappy band of misfits has their work cut out for them in this blood-thirsty league. 

Three games are ahead for the Toronto North Stars, the Philadelphia Forge, Manhatten Rage, and the aforementioned Hamilton Steelhawks. The North Stars will be visiting Philadelphia and Hamilton, but hosts to the calmest of Simulation teams, the Rage.

The first game did not go the Toronto North Stars way as they drop the contest four to one. Shots were pretty even, but the North Stars came out on top with thirty shots to the Forge's twenty-nine. They also edged out Philly with one more hit, twenty-five to twenty-four so it was a fairly physical contest out there. Luffy Richard was a minus-one with two shots on goal, a blocked shot, two hits, and one giveaway and takeaway apiece. That minus-one is a blemish on a fairly active game for my roommate, so I know that is going to bum him out. Still, kudos for putting your body on the line!

The second game was dominated by the North Stars as they take the game six to one. Shots were heavily in favor of the North Stars, forty-seven to twenty-one. Hits also went Toronto's way, twenty-two to eighteen. Luffy Richard was a plus-one with two shots on goal, a minor penalty, and a hit. Another solid game from my roommate with much better results than the first. Unfortunately. this is where the good news ends for the Toronto North Stars. If you are faint of heart, please stop reading now.

The third game was a six to three route at the hands of our hated nemesis, the Hamilton Steelhawks. They shot from every angle and at every chance to put Forty-eight shots on goal to the North Stars nineteen. Hamilton also took the body to the North Stars with twenty-two hits to the North Stars twelve. Luffy Richard had two assists but was a minus-two. He had one shot on goal, four blocked shots, two hits, two takeaways, and a giveaway. Despite the minus-two marring his game, and the loss to a hated rival, my roommate played a heck of a game. He put his body on the line and forced the play the other way, factoring in two-thirds of the North Stars goals. He needs to keep producing at this pace as well as being active on defense.  

four points lost, and the end of the season in sight. The North Stars have a steep hill to climb to secure a spot in the play-offs. I believe in the boys, and so should you. There is still a lot of fight in this team, and there is a ton of fire Luffy Richard. I want to see that fire on the ice during the next couple of sims.

Until next time,

Shine on!

(604 words)

(

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]