Create Account

Calgary Dragons Hall of Fame - The Elder Dragon
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:08 PM by KenitohMenara.)

"And they call him The Elder Dragon! Give it up for Joe Kurczewski!"

Joe Kurczewski... The Elder Dragon.

In a profession where the drakes die quickly, fear the Elder Dragon. No matter how hard the hit or how difficult the loss, JK would bounce back up and keep on fighting. Over a 22 season career that would span 5 teams, there was nothing that Joe K would not do. He would rise to the top of whatever team he played for, and would win championships with 3 separate teams, The Dragons, The Spectors and The Blizzard. He would be named MVP by the league and then named it by his peers. He would be the best two way player in the league and a playoff MVP. Anything he set his mind to, he would achieve with incredible results.

He would outlast many greater prospects than him and outshine those considered his betters. His story is one of SHL legend, but for where it matters to Calgary, his greatest feats would be his days with the Dragons. Over a 3 year span of Season 40 through 42, the dragons would win the challenge cup twice, lead by their indomitable captain who would be named both playoff MVP and the leagues best winger. He broke many hearts when he did the same for Edmonton and would destroy the curse of New Orleans.

So today, in the ring of Eternal Dragons, we gladly welcome Joe Kurczewski, The Elder Dragon to his rightful place. Thank you Joe for all you have done for Calgary and the SHL
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 09:52 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

As someone who has bled the Dragon red since S36 it’s these moments that give me the greatest pleasure as today we welcome in Captain Joe K to the Calgary Dragons Hall of Fame!

In Joe’s rookie season he scored the winning goal to lead Calgary to a challenge cup championship.. and from there on it was history as Joe became the face of a new young dragons unit which went on to win 2 more cups under his watch in s40 and s42.

Our former Captain was the one to move our locker room from the forum onto Discord where he nurtured that area for many seasons in what has become a healthy and vibrant discord community.

On the ice there was no one better in the SHL! Bottom line was if you had Joe K on your roster, you had a chance to win each and every game.

Thank you Joe for your many great seasons of service as a Calgary Dragon and welcome to the Dragons Hall of Fame!

Link to the Dragons Hall of Fame museum

Dragons   Dragonite   Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:24 PM by JKortesi81.)

This is the last achievement I could ever hope to reach.

Thank You Calgary.

I was blessed to be drafted by the Dragons in S31. We won a few cups, and almost won a few more. The only reason I ever left is because I was given an expansion franchise, or I’d have died a Dragon too.

Probably wouldve been GM by now, sorry Izzy. Wink

Jokes aside, I loved my time in Calgary and if I got drafted anywhere else, I’m not so sure I’d still be here over 5 years later.

Let’s go Dragons!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Congrats Joe! It was a pleasure to share the LR with you and win a few cups along the way! Dragonite

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

What an absolute legend, hero of the Dragons Dragonite

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

09-22-2021, 03:23 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Probably wouldve been GM by now, sorry Izzy. Wink

#true^ Heart

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:32 PM by Lobbanet.)

Well deserved! Congratz!!  Dragons Dragons Dragons

[Image: croppad.jpg]

Grats bro

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Congrats JOE!!!

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 08:34 PM by ValorX77.)

Much respect to you @JKortesi81 , you’re one of the reasons that I discovered this league in the first place.

Arguably the best dragon to play for the team.

Congrats on being enshrined.
-Valor

Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Congrats to JK!!

What an amazing player he was!

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

_/_/_/

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Finally!!! Very happy to see this! It's so well deserved and Joe K is without question one of the best to ever wear the Dragons jersey!!

On the ice his impact was obvious but off the ice he was absolutely amazing. His dedication and help to the franchise as well as to me when I was GM went above and beyond. Joe K  was one of the main reasons we were able to continue our dynasty into the S40's and I can't think him enough for everything. He was always destined to be a great gm and is fantastic person and friend. Thank you Joe K and welcome to the Dragons Hall of Fame!! <3

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Beyond well deserved, nobody deserves this more than you imo.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 09:21 AM by Slappydoodle.)

Joe K was one of the best and most well rounded forwards in league history. A true Dragon legend on and off the ice.

The real Joe K is a Bills fan, so nobody’s perfect I guess.

Love ya Joe

Dragonite

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]