Create Account

A case for no more PTs

One thing I've really worked hard on in the last two seasons is making PTs easier to write. I understand the writers block that can happen and wanted to do my best to make PTs fun and something that you start writing and all of a sudden you have 150 words and are done!

I think I did go too far in one direction and alienate people who like the sim/not zany prompts so I think the two prompt system is a sweet middle ground. I'm just hitting my stride however and as long as I have time to do this job I will keep working to improve it for users

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-25-2021, 01:52 PMhhh81 Wrote: I quit SBA because I hated this sort of model--it flooded media aimlessly with drivel. I think having the targeted topics of PTs are a good thing, even after factoring in whether or not prompts are good, creative, engaging. We can have a conversation on the topics, but I don't think changing the structural format of the league is a good idea. Honestly, I would probably wouldn't recreate if we made this switch.

point in favor, thanks for sharing Wink

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

09-25-2021, 03:23 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Further, I hate writing media with a passion. If media was the main driver of TPE, I'd probably go inactive.

20 TPE is hardly the main driver, and PTs in their current form ARE media. so...

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

09-25-2021, 04:56 PMSlashACM Wrote: One thing I've really worked hard on in the last two seasons is making PTs easier to write. I understand the writers block that can happen and wanted to do my best to make PTs fun and something that you start writing and all of a sudden you have 150 words and are done!

I think I did go too far in one direction and alienate people who like the sim/not zany prompts so I think the two prompt system is a sweet middle ground. I'm just hitting my stride however and as long as I have time to do this job I will keep working to improve it for users

this is hardly a critique on your job as PT head (except the part where you want to control what i write about). This is a critique on the structure as it currently stands, and a thought experiment of another way to do it. As Ive mentioned, prompts can still be active in the forum. Indeed, suggestive content like that drives many games and online services. Weekly challenges and the like.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 05:10 PM by brickwall35.)

It's more work to have to come up with prompts myself and write about it than it is to write about a given prompt.

Also, I have no sympathy if you can't muster 150 words. It's piss easy.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 05:12 PM by Sean.)

From a user retention perspective, this idea isn't very good. There's a psychology behind making people visit the site 2-3 times a week to complete a task, it keeps them engaged and the sunken cost fallacy is real. It's much easier to quit something that you do once every few weeks than it is to quit something you have done multiple times a week for the past few months.

There's a reason you've seen video games move to daily rewards and streak rewards for logging in consecutive days.

People don't want to feel like their past time has been a waste so they keep contributing. If you make the commitment less, people will be much more willing to leave the site when it's convenient.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I mean the whole reason for PT’s is
How do we get TPE to the people in a way where they are rewarded based for their work

That varies depending on what task it is

Predictions are easy because they take the least amount of time for the highest amount of TPE.

PT’s and mPT’s are a way to make it a weekly thing, like AC and training where each week you have a reason to come back to the site. More people on the site = more active the league is

Now that changes a bit with discord and such, but there has to be a way to link the actual PT to the user. Sure you could have a try hard gm dm a player each week with 150 words, but that’s a risk with anything.

There has always been a debate of how do we make it where the work = tpe and give users more options to earn that weekly TPE. It’s always an interesting discussion and it always something that goes around and around with no real answer to come out of it. Like what’s something out of writing or graphics that would get that 3 TPE. What other tasks can you even do weekly.

Always a fun though experiment to see if something tangible can ever come out of it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I feel if there is something that should change it is the media. All season long we got what, around 50 articles? Maybe less. And then as soon as the 2x pay comes, we're getting 50 articles a day and probably miss some good content as it's too much at the same time. I can't imagine how bad it would get if PTs become media now too.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]