Create Account

SMJHL VETERAN TOP CHEDDAR SHIPPED OFF, FOR THE BEST?

[Image: old-man-waiting-on-a-bus-stop-old-age-pa...A4KPHG.jpg]

SMJHL VETERAN TOP CHEDDAR SHIPPED OFF, FOR THE BEST?

In a move that shocked the SMJHL world, Anaheim parted ways with team mainstays Daniel Merica Jr., Matej Winters, and Top Cheddar in exchange for picks at the conclusion of S60. Insiders close to the action claim that this was an intentional move by the team to clean house and create a blank slate for new management, but Top Cheddar wouldn't know any better.

"I remember meeting the new GM. He told me he didn't like the cut of my jib. Next thing I knew my key no longer worked at the practice facility and I had a bus ticket in the mail."

Top Cheddar scored 76 points over three seasons in Anaheim. A crowd favorite, many loved the grit that Cheddar brought to the Outlaws, but didn't think his game could translate to the SHL.

"I'm not sure if he's the heart or the soul of this team, but he's definitely the muscle," lifelong Anaheim fan Dixon Cider. "Don't tell him I said this, but I'm thrilled to see his entire career in an Outlaws uniform."

When asked about his thoughts on Anaheim, Top Cheddar's agent and SHL great Niklas Wikstrom had this to say:

"Top has no hard feelings towards Anaheim whatsoever. Hockey is a business and this is just what happens sometimes. I think that Top enjoyed tremendous success in Anaheim and could have been a key piece of their future for years to come, at least until New England comes calling. But sadly that's not the way things panned out. My client is looking forward to a storied career in St. Louis, including bringing the 4 Star Cup to that city - a trophy that has eluded me and my previous clients."

SHL critics have lambasted the New England prospect for what they describe as a lack of willpower and a selfish contentment to staying in the SMJHL. No one has seen Cheddar in the weight room or skating in extra sessions since he was drafted. Cheddar was defensive when asked about his thoughts on these critics soundbites:

"Tell those jabronis I don't give a damn. I'm producing in the greatest developmental league in the world. If they want to make the call, call me up as is. Otherwise I'm more than happy to keep skating down here. Its not about the SHL money or the SHL rat race for me, I play hockey for the love of the game."

When asked about the future, Top Cheddar had this to say:

"I'm excited to continue playing hockey with two great friends in Daniel and Matej. I think the way we play the game just works together, and I expect continued success in St. Louis. But, I have yet to have any conversations with management, and am unsure of my role there. As someone who's eyeing a long career in this league, I hope that my track record speaks for itself and that I will get an opportunity to shine on this team."

(549 words)

Did someone say Cheddar?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Glad you came with me to STL!

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.