Create Account

S61 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future

Round 2 of the POs starting today, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S62 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S63) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, October 10th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

As Ivan begins to break into the professional hockey circles, he's got some dreams of where he could be, but also is keeping a focus on teamwork and filling in gaps wherever possible. With access to professional coaches, weekly trainings, and a number of other skill building topics, he'll work to ensure he's capitalizing on any an all opportunities.

Hockey is a team sport first and foremost so being able to mesh with his teammates and find a spot to help fill gaps is extremely important to Lacksamus. As a forward, he's always looking for a way to get the puck into the net and whether that comes directly off his stick, setting up his teammates, or playing defensive roles - Ivan is ready for anything. He has dreamed of joining professional leagues for many years and is willing to do what is necessary to bring wins to the team.

It's not uncommon for a newcomer to land on a rebuilding team that likely wont see immediate success, but that's to be expected in such a competitive league. Ivan's in it for the long haul and can be leaned upon to do whatever is required to come home with one of those shiny cups. To this end, he'll be excited to join any team in the league that has an active presence in the locker room and the motivation to continue to improve and dig deep to get the win. It's likely for Lacksamus to spend a considerable amount of time on the bench in his early years while dreaming of that 1st line spot, but he understands that his GMs are doing what's best for the team and he will eventually earn his chance to pull in the larger minutes.

290 words

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

THE DOMINATOR

When it comes to my goals as a player, I am driven to excel on the ice. I consider myself a student of the game and am constantly trying to better my build to match or exceed the other goalies I square off against. I try to learn from and support my teammates. I always want to have a higher stat than before. I consider it my responsibility to give my team a chance to win. When I break the tension and support my teammates the better for everyone.
I want to win. I want to make friends. I want to be a part of something bigger than myself. I want to improve. I want to face the best shooters on the other team and shut them out. Now that I know I can be drafted I want to join a team with a sub 200 TPE goalie and replace him. If that doesn’t happen I want to make round 3 of next season’s playoffs in the SMJHL. I need to start earning more TPE. This voyeur position does not satisfy my internal fire.
Should I be drafted, I’d like to be among the league leaders in technical stats (shutouts, save percentage and goals against average. If not I want to DOMinate the SMJHL leaderboard. Team success begets individual success.
In hockey everyone should try and have fun. I have the most fun when I am excelling on a winning team surrounded by quality people. Wherever I end up I’m looking forward to next season. See you on the ice.

262 words - Dominik Tretyak #37

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

In business 101 Bilbo was taught to make a 5 year plan. Not sure how 5 became the number of years, but its something to start on. The SHL cup in five years seems like an achievable goal.

Bilbo wants to win the cup, in the biggest league, despite having the smallest stature. He has talent to whip the puck from the point, but is learning to build out his defensive game.  Being the absolute rock star he was in The Shire, he never had a need to pay attention to the puck in his own end, as it always appeared to be in the back of his opponent’s goal. He now knows his defensive game needs to be rounded out in order to have a chance at winning the cup.

A consummate professional, he is a great team player, willing to try anything to ensure his team wins games. At times he fails, but his tenacity to keep trudging up the mountain of obstacles in his path is a heart-warming journey to look upon.  In the locker room he is often listening to leaders ahead of him, and brings in a fantastic potato stew when time permits.  Bilbo is known to have a strange pre-game ritual chanting “the curse will be cleansed by the cup” while fidgeting with the chain around his neck which adorns a golden ring.   Such a beautiful ring….. Ahem.

As long as his team has a chance to win, Bilbo will be 100% dedicated to be a part of the solution to achieve the teams goals. From his previous adventures, Bilbo is said to have understood the power that teammates can give in order to achieve his goals.

Bilbo knows that the window to have great success in hockey is a short one, and plans on retiring back to The Shire when he has accomplished his goals. Perhaps to write a book, or to build up a strong hockey culture to produce more stars from The Shire.

I am a wide-eyed youngster and I have plan upon plan for my career. Let’s lay this out chronologically.

Luckily, I have already accomplished a few of the basic items on my career wish list. I have notched both regular season and postseason points in the handful of games I played for with the Detroit Falcons. Getting those points out of the way really takes some of the edge off of the upcoming season.

In the near future I am going to make my WJC debut with the Young Guns team. We have an uphill battle going against the other established teams but I want to help lead the team past the round robin stage. If I can grab some points and help push the team to the elimination round, I will feel good.

After the WJC tournament comes the meat of my SMJHL career. Going into the draft I’m hoping to go top three. As far as a destination, I am open to anywhere. I just want to land somewhere that will allow me to develop my game and get me ready for the SHL. I am aiming to become one of the premier offensive defensemen in the J and help whoever I am with grab a Four Star Cup, something my father was never able to win.

After that is the SHL and my distant future as an SHL player. Again, I am hoping to go high in the draft. Given my father’s connection with Baltimore I would be delighted to be drafted into the organization. My dad made a name for himself as a shutdown defender. I am going to make a name for myself as a total offensive threat. My dream accomplishment would be to break the all-time record for points by a defender.

298 words

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]