Create Account

Poll: Would a GM Guide be Useful
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.12%
16 94.12%
Not Really
5.88%
1 5.88%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Beginners GM Guide
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 11:53 AM by Mook.)

As some of you know I have started work on a beginner's GM guide. While some of the information is common knowledge, there are likely a few members that are interested in becoming a GM but not knowing where to start when it comes to FHM. This is very early in development and will take time to complete, but will likely be released in sections. My goal is to develop a guide that provides a solid introduction to the sim for new GM's, and potentially help vet GM's step their game up a little.

There is a ton of information about FHM that can be passed on to newer GM's, Below are a few of the topics I plan on covering, the list will hopefully expand with input from the community on what they would like to see covered. This list is fluid and thing's will likely be added, currently these are the main topics I would like to cover as it is geared towards a GM that just installed FHM and is not sure where to start.

Coaching Aspects

Basics
-Navigating FHM
-Preparing a file for test sims
-Completing test sims efficiently

Intermediate
-Player Roles
-Line Composition

Advanced
-Tactics (Global, Unit, Player)
-Chemistry

GM Aspects
-Promoting Activity
-Creating LR Culture
-Contract Negotiations
-Trading

If you have any input, either post it here for a discussion, shoot me a PM, or hit me up on Discord @ Mook#8993

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Pay this man, dammit

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 11:10 AM by Mook.)

10-08-2021, 10:44 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Pay this man, dammit

Pay me in Cups

Someone draft this man!

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Don’t trade with Buffalo topic :kekw:

If you really want to go into the nuance,

Creating a LR Culture, negotiating contracts, trading.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Man, I would have loved to have this when I took over SFP. Great Idea!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 11:54 AM by Mook.)

10-08-2021, 11:42 AMluketd Wrote: Don’t trade with Buffalo topic :kekw:

If you really want to go into the nuance,

Creating a LR Culture, negotiating contracts, trading.

This guide would be specifically for handling the wide world of FHM. The information that would come from creating the team you would use in FHM is something that I would need to work with other members who are better versed in the Front Office of the GM world, not just the coaching aspect.

So I suppose what I would be developing would be more of a coaches handbook if you wanted to get technical, but having a full GM Guide would be the end-goal.

Edit: I added in the 'GM Aspects' so it's something I can look at working with GM's in those areas to develop a guide