Create Account

S61 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 05:00 PM by thedangazone.)

Milestones Claim 3 TPE for Milestones

ISFL PTPT Affiliation for one task. 3 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Codeword: Limitless

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

While there could be many draft classes that had huge impacts on the SHL such as season 20 or season 31 as two of the biggest picks from most people, I will be a homer for sure and choose season 36 since it is when I joined the league. I think the draft class overall was very good but had some of the biggest users we have seen on the site since then. Starting with myself because why not, I have GMed in all 3 leagues here, had pretty much every job on the site at one time or another, and have done a ton to help the league overall at least in my eyes maybe not in all. Our current SHL commish is from S36 with nour. Trella, the Tampa Bay GM is also from that draft class. Evok has been one of the most awarded and loved members on the site overall. Prettyburn was one of the most well regarded members going into that draft. Both Mook and Artermis who were long time great members of the site had recreated for it. Ace was part of that draft who has done tons of GMing on the site. Bluesfan who is coming off a an amazing season with his newest player.
212 words

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?
There are quite a few users who I would love to see come back to full activity in the league. I have made so many amazing friends here and I hate whenever any one of them leaves. I think the first one that comes to mind is Ontanis. He was a great friend of mine for so long in the league and he did come back for a short time at one point but wasn't able to keep the activity to full strength. He was such a joy to have around though and I do hope he is doing well over in Latvia.
103 words

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!
I think IIHF will probably be the same teams winning as usual though there could be some surprises for sure. I think Latvia could make a little more noise than some people might expect and there's some players who will for sure make their countries happy like every big player reaching 2 thousand TPE for Canada, USA, and Great Britain. Which those 3 will probably be the medal winners with an outside shot of Japan making it in or Czechia. I think Ireland is about to suck bad but Keith Lee is going to dominate with shots blocked and hopefully hits as well since he won't be playing for much else.
111 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 05:14 PM by yosh.)

3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 16 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!
Oooo, this is gonna be a fun one.

Obviously the key thing is to figure out the screenplay or the script or whatever it's called, the story of the film, which means it is important to figure out the most crucial and critical scenes to include in the movie. Hopefully Vaseline Podcalzone would actually help with this process, otherwise it would be kind of a free for all, and who knows what "creative alterations" those random script writers would add.

The first scenes would certainly be about Pod's childhood in Vladivostok, his hometown after his family moved there from Moscow. Maybe some scenes showing him playing hockey on a frozen pond, since there weren't that many rinks around.

The next scenes would be about his youth hockey time, leading up to him getting drafted to the Newfoundland Berserkers. From there, a good chunk of the movie will be about his time in Newfoundland, given so far he's spent 4 seasons there and just 3 seasons called up to the SHL with Seattle. It would show his friendship with players like Minamino, Harrington, Clean Andrei Kostitsyn, Lassi Suhonen, Jonas Kahnwald, etc.

Obviously other big scenes to include would be Pod fighting some Maine Timber player during the Four Star Cup clinching game in Season 55, Pod raising the cup hopefully would also be included. Some scenes showing Pod receiving letters on his sweater, and obviously a scene showing his final game in the Juniors.

Oh, and also a scene where he finds out he gets drafted to Seattle, of course. That was a big one.

The final few scenes would be about Pod's career with the Argos. Honestly, since his career is still ongoing, they can keep the ending sort of open-ended. Maybe show that one playoff overtime goal he scored in his rookie season?

WC: 304 sheeesh

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A. It's certainly a tough call. On one hand, Hamilton had a massive clash of the titans with the Buffalo Stampede, but still made easy work of them in 5 games. Meanwhile, Texas' route wasn't as easy as it sounds, as they also had a massive clash with the Chicago Syndicate in 7 games.

Honestly, just off of that Chicago series alone, I might be more compelled to go with Texas for the hardest path to the finals. A 7 game series is never fun, especially against a team like the Syndicate.
WC: 91
B. Well, without a doubt, to go from only having 9 wins, and really not looking so hot, to suddenly becoming a Challenge Cup contender, is incredibly impressive. Sure, a decade is a long time and it's not really an overnight success, but you really have to give kudos to Texas for the rebuild anyhow, especially since, for the most part, it feels like success can be sustainable for quite a while in the SHL. Oh, and they also did end up winning a Challenge Cup, so they've basically had the perfect rebuild.
WC: 92

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
Milestones: 3 TPE

Code:
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

If I could bring back one user full time, full activity, all the marbles, balls to the wall, it would be my boy @teztify . I was very very pepe sad when Tez went IA, even tho we weren't even teammates anymore (he went to Chicago and then Montreal, while I went to Seattle). Nevertheless, it was very depresso wen we were no longer having vibe sessions late at night with JNH and he wasn't around as much in the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room. It is very understandable though since Tez do be vibing, and now that he's making a gradual return to the Newfoundland Locker Room, hopefully that means he might make a return at some point.

WC: 117

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

Me and this shady pharmaceutical man will create the most legendary pill of all-time: the Beeg Yoshi pill! It is a green coloured (yes, I wrote coloured not colored) pill that will, essentially, turn you into a large, massive, green coloured, heavy dinosaur.

It basically turns you into a Beeg Yoshi.

Think about it, the possibilities are endless. Give it to the entire opposing team? Everyone looks like a Beeg Yoshi? Could this be a MASSIVE MULTI SITUATION? Counterpoint, suppose it's fair game, and this isn't considered as multi-ing. Do you give the green pill to every single player on your team to give them the size advantage, or only a select few?

You could give it to a goalie, for example, and then they'd just cover up most of, if not, the whole net. Granted, didn't they try this experiment out with a sumo wrestler in goalie gear, and then things didn't turn out so well...?

Oh well, in that case, what if we turned the defenseman into Yoshis? Just big giant pillars ready to demolish?

Well, on the other hand, I think given how heavy these dinosaurs are, they probably aren't that agile... a dirty dangling forward could easily dangle past these guys and score a goal.

On second thought, maybe the Beeg Yoshi pill isn't as great as I initially thought.

WC: 225

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

See, this is great, because we can essentially try out the experiment from my past PT, but without the need to chemically synthesize a Beeg Yoshi pill. Introducing, my ISFL player, offensive linebacker Beeg Beeg Yoshi!

Beeg Beeg Yoshi is, essentially, just a heavy dinosaur, and we can try out some of our experiments by determining what position he should play.

Forward? Just demolish any players as a gnarly power forward? It would be nice, but with his lackluster speed, the reality is he wouldn't be that great of a forward, especially if he's late on the backecheck.

What about defense? We sort of outlined it already, but although Beeg Beeg Yoshi wouldn't probably be an offensive defenseman clapping bombs from the offensive zone blue line, he could probably be alright as a stay-at-home defenseman, or a crease clearing defenseman, concentrating on defense by laying down hits or pushing away forwards trying to screen the goalie.

Granted, again, agility is a beeg beeg issue for beeg beeg yoshi. Plus, if he's playing crease clearing, he might honestly just end up screening his own goalie in the process. Whoops.

And obviously, Yoshi at goalie wouldn't be that great. See: the sumo wrestler goalie example.

WC: 203

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 03:06 PM by XLeafer.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
cw61

PBE PT 3TPE

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
The moment I will change is two things. Firstly, I would change the formation of the Hamilton steelhawks. I do not think that Hamilton is a hockey city and right now it is ruining the league and this team not existing would be great for the league. There are many better options than having Hamilton as a team like Burlington is a better option for a team than Hamilton. but that may be just my hate towards the team as they win yet another championship thanks to their advantage from the sim engine which they found again. Another moment I would change is changing the sim engine to FHM. We should have stayed with STHS because that sim engine, at least it was fun and entertaining. But FHM just made it so boring and not interesting as it has been so predictable and so lame that this league has no purpose anymore. Bring back sths so that we don't see Hamilton win every season.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE
a. The one with two series sweeps had it easier than the other so obviously Hamilton had it harder than Texas. Texas had more rest days and practices than Hamilton so obviously Hamilton had it tough and the east is a very tough conference so obviously Hamilton had it the most tough than Texas and not much else to say.
b. I think it's impressive that a team stayed good for a long time while doing some cheeky shit behind the doors and HO are completely fine with it. Texas going from 9 wins to this stage is a very good thing and should proud about and even though there's no chance to win against Hamilton, still something that is more impressive.
c. I do not know what a renegade is. Even after searching it up, I still do not know what it is but it does sound cool. A steelhawk is something that ruins someone's fun and does not care what others think as long as it gets what it wants. it is also a hawk which is also a bird.
d. Best player is probably Aaron Wilson maybe because looking at his stats, it is just not comparable to the people who played 50 games and under sths because it is just ridiculous to see these numbers of his. I forgot the other player name who scored alot of goals. Texas, well I do not know much about the current team and history because I do not pay attention.

Code:
12. Milestones, 1 TPE
Milestone

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
Look, there are 16 teams in this league and only 4 different have the finals the last 6 seasons. that is a problem. Now what is the reason for that? Is it that the GMs in this league are not good? Or is it that the GMs that always make the finals are too good? Or is it that a certain team has some sheets somewhere where it can generate lines for them and good builds for their players to have the upper advantage over other teams who do not have this knowledge? Who knows but this needs to be fixed because the fun is just going away. This makes me miss STHS because at least the league was fun at the time. Now, sths is randomness and we do not like that. We do not like to see a team get so unlucky. But we do not want to see a team have this big advantage. Now we have seen the same team just get an unfair advantage with sths and destroyed the sim engine so they're probably doing it rn with FHM. Just stop those crap and lower the salary cap too.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 10:19 AM by Jumbobone19.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max +3(3/16)

Jumbo

4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.) +3(6/16)

Lord Raiden is always on the big screen. Of course I am beyond thrilled to be approached about this. Lord Raiden is a relatively unknown player out of the capital of US, Washington DC. He receives a late call the day before draft from Richard Hogsworth, Co-GM of the Colorado Raptors. He was drafted in the 6th round and was part of a large S54 rookie class for the Raptors. He had an impressive rookie showing in minimum ice time. Its was enough to get him drafted in the 2nd round to the Baltimore Platoon. He had a good 2nd season and lead Colorado in his 3rd season in points. The following season was called up to the SHL to join the Baltimore Platoon early. Raiden was called up with fellow Junior players, Daniil Nikiforov. Baltimore and Raiden struggle for the first 3 seasons while Raiden is there but always getting a little better. Season 61 Raiden puts up 61 points in 66 games. His career best so far. Setting the bar even higher for Season 62. Raiden is showing to be a true asset to the Platoon. Season 62 is next. -192 words

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: +3(9/16)

a: Hamilton definitely had the harder path. Having to go through the number #3 and #4 teams in Baltimore and Buffalo. Both who were way above all other teams in the playoffs. The only tougher matchup Texas had was against #5 team Chicago. Even though Hamilton easily dispatched every team they faced it was against very good teams. -57 words
b. A successful rebuild is always impressive to see because it does not always go according to plan. But a team dominance through 10+ seasons is extremely impressive. Is it annoying, yes, but it is still impressive nonetheless. Hamilton has mastered FHM and knows how to stay on top year after year. -51 words
d. This is a tough choice. But I would say Aaron Wilson edges out Robert Phelps. Aaron Wilson is averaging well over a point per game. He is closing in on Hamilton all time scoring record and is doing it in far less games. In his 13th and 14th season, you would think one would start slowing down a little but Wilson has ramped it up putting up 94 points and 104 points. Aaron Wilson is clearly the best player on either team in history I think. -86 words

12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE +3(12/16)

3 TPE- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116708

15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.) +2(14/16) 

IIHF has already started. But I believe Canada and Great Britain are due for a big comeback this season. Canada is just stacked with talent. You could literally pick anyone on the team to go off. Theo Morgan, Ryan Shepard, or Aaron Wilson are all big time players. For Great Britain, they have Jon Forty-One and Edward Williams but they also have elite goalie Luca Del Vecchio in net. He can be the difference maker in any game for Great Britain. I think one team that wont do as well this IIHF is Norway. I thought they overachieved a lot last time. I dont think they make the Medal Rounds. - 110 Words

18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min +2(16/16)

I haven't been around the league very long to know many of the old users. But I would like to see Wasty come back to full blown activity. I thoroughly enjoyed being on teams with him. He contributed so much to the league especially in the way of his amazing graphic work. Every time he made a sig or a player card, it was truly amazing work. I know he also was the GM for LAP for so long and he had a good career. I also know guys who played their and enjoyed their time. But I think that the site would benefit greatly with a Wasty return. -109 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 08:40 AM by ZootTX.)

ISFL Affiliate PT (3 TPE)

1. Trivia (3 TPE)
Verification word: pokepoke

4. Biopic (3 TPE)
While the only person who wants to watch an epic sports movie about Miguel Hefeweizen is probably his mother and that’s about it, the studio thinks it can make money on it so why not?. Miguel’s story would obviously start with his childhood. Viewers should find the young Austrian-Mexican player’s childhood working hard in the family restaurant while spending all of his free time playing hockey endearing. Next, the movie will move on to his later years where he spends his time working hard to reach his goal of playing in the SHL. Of course, viewers won’t want to miss the excitement as he is drafted by the Maine Timber with the 5th overall pick of the SMJHL draft. They’ll watch young Miguel struggle to find his identity on a rebuilding team, then more excitement when he’s drafted 7th overall to the San Francisco Pride. Then the movie will move on to when he’s traded to the St. Louis Scarecrows. After a disappointing juniors career, moviegoers will watch as Miguel struggles to fit in and finally finds a bit of a groove in at the SHL level. Of course the movie will end then as the studio plans to milk the story for everything its worth in a series of sequels. (211 words)

12. Milestones (1 TPE)
milestone link

13. Parity (3 TPE)
Parity. We hear this word a lot, but as someone relatively new to the league I don’t see it much. Sure, down in the SMJHL there is actually quite a bit of parity, but players are limited to 5 seasons at most there so that greatly limits the building of super teams. Up in the bigs, it just isn’t really there. Sure you see some teams rise and fall, but there’s just a small handful of teams that seem to stay competitive, year in and year out. Are they just lucky? Are there GMs just so awesome they can field a great team every season? One hears rumors of certain kinds of computer testing, which is necessarily against the rules, but seems against the spirit of the league. If it's true, of course. Now, there are folks that I’d consider to be friends on these teams, and I don’t hold any specific ill will against them or their team, but it sure is frustrating when it seems like the chance at a cup will only ever be in reach for a few teams. (183 words)

14. Upswing (3 TPE)
Maybe I’m a bit biased, but I’m very optimistic about the team and locker room that we are building in San Francisco. Now, it's been a few seasons since the Pride posted a winning record (Not going to depress myself by looking!) but there are quite a few reasons for positivity about the future here in San Francisco. While the Pride were 28-31-7 this season, we posted a +1 differential. A huge improvement over the terrible -109 differential from the previous season. We have a strong core of veteran leaders, but also a young group of up and coming youngsters who are ready to take the SHL by surprise. To make me even more confident in the future of the Pride, we have a few young prospects that are earning well and doing well down in the juniors ready to step up as the old guys retire. I am confident that we can post a winning record next season. Can we just not have Texas as our 1st round opponent? (170 words)

16 total TPE

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 07:24 PM by Crazylemire.)

+2 TPE (Milestones,)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116729

+1 TPE triva (Victor Helstrom)

+3 TPE #4 Biopic
The key scenes of moments that would be in the movie would be Kayden first growing up in Prince George playing as a kid and winning Provincial championships with the team than going onto work at a store after high school before getting picked up off waivers and getting shipped too Quebec at literally the last point of the season and the coming in playing with Kian Hamilton Jr in his last year and doing quite well but just not making it getting shut down in semi finals, Mew two was the star of this team by far and also the captain so he would definitely have a good appearance in it. Than Kayden getting drafted too New England with Joe Burrow and Donald Trump Junior flying in Private jets too New England after the draft and wearing MAGA hats even though Kayden is canadian. It would have cool special effects and all that great jazz aswell.
157 words

Quote:
Citadelles

CW PASS

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
donezo
Code:
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)
I’ve actually talked about this a lot with some people, but one thing I think would make an interesting butterfly effect is if Buffalo didn’t change the entire way the draft works by drafting players they had no intentions of signing in S55. At the time, their GM said it was to send a message to one user in particular, making them the only player to go undrafted. In reality, this changed the paradigm of drafts and draft rights from then on, leading Head Office to have to make several reactive rules in order to protect player rights and clarify the rules. These attempted rule changes/clarifications, while well-meaning, largely have made things more confusing than less when it comes to draft rights and player movement. I’m not sure Buffalo taking advantage of this loophole has had a positive effect on the league in the longer term, but it certainly provided them an additional competitive edge. While most of those players never amounted to much, the 94th overall pick used on overager defenseman Aumy Jr. has provided a steady defensive presence for the Stampede, having 1774 TPE as of last update.

If the S55 Draft ended differently, some of those users may (namely st4rface) may  not have continued on the site. From another perspective, this strategy led some users to float in an ambiguous middle ground as prospects, and forced Head Office into trying to find ways of clarifying rules that hadn’t been in question for many seasons prior. Would the Hamilton draft rights controversy last season have played out differently if not for the butterfly effect of the S55 Draft? Hard to say.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
a. I would say Hamilton, just because the West is largely in a weird permanent flux. The Pacific Division was the tightest in the league, but largely none of them could be considered serious Cup contenders (despite certain GM’s protestations). They had to get through both Buffalo and Baltimore in back to back series, and dismantled both with efficiency. Texas faced an SFP squad who finished 5th in the Pacific, overcame their biggest challenge in a veteran Chicago squad in 7 games, to sweep an Edmonton team that finished the regular season as cold as any team league-wide.

d. Ever? Gosh. Both teams have so many site greats. I’m going to go with Mr. Steelhawk himself, though, and say Robert Phelps. He played 1000 games (all for the Steelhawks) and scored 988 points. While he never put up the individual awards some peers may have, he still earned 4 SHL 2nd Team All Star Noms, a 3rd team nom, and won 3 Challenge Cups in the S50s.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?
I think Baltimore is most likely to break through to make the Challenge Cup Finals, though it will be challenging to get through the conference finals. Buffalo and Hamilton have had a stranglehold for a long time, and don’t look likely to give it up anytime soon. As for which of the four teams that didn’t make the playoffs in S61 are most likely to break through and make next season, it’s really a 50/50 answer between Montreal and New Orleans. Winnipeg and Manhattan are deep in what will be long rebuild jobs, so they likely aren’t sniffing playoff success for another 5ish seasons. Between Montreal and New Orleans, I have to think the up-and-down aspect of the wild West makes NOLA the more likely bet. Montreal is still finding themselves going into their 3rd season of existence and are facing an early management transition, while NOLA feels they are just coming out of their rebuild. The Pacific Division is near impossible to predict season to season with every team constantly seeming to be in the mix for any position 1-5, while the Central is top heavy with Texas and an ever-aging Chicago squad. I think NOLA is closer to Minnesota than MTL is to anyone in the East.

Code:
Oh gosh, that’s a tricky one. My gut reaction is Pris, as she was a lovely person and a good friend. I miss her and hope she’s doing well. However, I don’t think SHL was good for her mental health often, and I want her to be happy and well. Instead, I would love to bring back my old friend JCW, Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg. The 44th overall pick in the S46 SMJHL Draft by Colorado, JCW was a gritty, defensive center. He had an excellent career with Colorado, and was a great person to be around. He always was supporting the others in the LR and a positive presence on our teams. I have no idea what happened to him

Honorable mention to Chris Cerullo, my 1st overall pick in the S52 draft. The RMNB writer was a flash in the pan. Where did he go? We’ll never know.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:16 PM by Jayba1t.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

Verification word - jay2233

Code:

a. Both the Hamilton Steelhawks and Texas Renegades have had decent ease in making it to the SHL Challenge Cups, but in my opinion, Hamilton's path was a little more harder. Even though not being take to 7 games is very impressive, the appeal of 2 series sweeps is too good to pass up on. As you take 2 4-0 wins, it really boosts your confidence and honestly doesn't induce as much stress.

WC: 72

b. Although it is pretty crazy that Hamilton has been very solid for a long time, I'd go with Texas here again. Unlike the SMJHL, where players move quickly up in 3-4 seasons, the nature of the SHL is less volatile, and teams flopping in a season is less hard to do. However, finding, scouting, developing and using homegrown players properly, along with a steal of a trade and massive free agent signing, is much harder to do successfully. 

WC: 78

c. The literal definition of a renegade is a person who is a traitor or deserter to their organization, country, etc. This makes lots of sense and is the theme I get from Texas' branding, logo and colors. As there is no formal definition for Steelhawk and it isn't recognized as a word, my assumption based off its logo is literally, a steel hawk, or hawk made out of steel. Victor Helstrom was a dman created in Season 14. 

WC: 78

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well, I didn't procrastinate but Hamilton enjoyed a easy series sweep over Texas, earning them what feels like another Challenge Cup. Congrats. Now looking back, I think the MVP for Hamilton can be debated upon two primary players who played a huge role on the offense, Theo Morgan and Mitchell van der Heijden. Both recorded a very similar number of points (26 and 25 respectively) but I would go for Theo Morgan. An overall better producer, he also led the team in goals while being one behind in the assists category. He barely ended up with more 5v5 points, had less ice time and although it is close, I think most would inch towards Left Winger Morgan.

WC: 117

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)

What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?

To be fair, this is a bit biased but I truly think Seattle is definitely on the right direction and will become one of the formidable and scary franchises to face. Seattle already has a decent crop of S61 prospects, which I covered in my Argos Prospects Recap, but alongside that, being a newer team, have some SHLers that have emerged. After a less than ideal first half, they really rebounded and finished off with a winning record. The roster looks very promising too. Not too long ago J graduate dmen like Urquhart, Murphy, Davenport, and RESO make up most of the Top 4, which will easily improve, a solid goalie in Thor Odinson, and alongside a talented forward core with 40-goal scorer Darzins, defensive wizard JURT, Beeg Winger Podcalzone, 2K center Sutherland and none other than franchise defenseman Cassius Darrow all comprise a strong core, plus rising prospects. I think in a season or two, when some younger players really start to hit their stride, Seattle will be a stacked team from top to bottom. 

WC: 176

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min

It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

Honestly, as a first time SHLer, I don't have huge expectations for any PTs, but I did enjoy most of the prompts and tasks we had this season, and especially with the Dual Prompts, which I thought was a wonderful change for those who had zero idea what to write about. The Primetime and 3v3s were good as usual, and the mPTs did seem like fun little thoughts about something that was not necessarily SHL related. One suggestion is to add more trivia. Don't we love all flooding our minds with bits of SHL knowledge and spending 10 minutes to find out the championship series loser that lost 4-2 in game 3. I don't have any complaints, and I really enjoyed the job you have done this season. Being the director of anything that over 300 people do is insane, so well done! 

WC: 143

Milestones: Here +3 TPE

16/16

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 10:29 PM by damienj10.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116832

2. Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

I will be representing team Canada this year as the back up I presume but NONE THE LESS I am very biest and being biest is being bold in my honest opionion so lets get this party started. I think Canada will take home the gold and thats is that folks. america or sweden for silver and finland or russia for bronze. the player who will be making their home country proud is Damien Vertigo. by riding the pine and throwing peanuts and popcorn at the referee he will throw the blind zebras off their game and call penalties instantly against everyone but Canada. The teams to look out for are the ones you count out every season because who crates a player and is like oh yea they are from japan!?!?!?!? oh yea literally no one I am not even joking. great britain? Oi yes crumpets and tea with a side of 0 wins no medal and puck burn right on the tip. anyways at the end of the day GO CANADA

170 words

3. If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

alright boys we got this. we are going to watch the league burn with this one. 2 members I am unbanning here. number 1 is groupmeiskindofokay. and number 2 is none other that gorlab. these 2 would reign terror. one would say the R word 400 thousand times. and the other causing problems constantly trying to push the limits of every member on the website. I dont really know who has been banned its really rare to be honest. I have been suspended once maybe I am next? maybe I am the next TSN turning point where I come in saying the gnarliest of shit and I ruin the site for an entire week. nah I would never but hey there will be another one in the future dont worry lol

131 words
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 10:24 PM by hotdog.)

Code:

drivia

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.) Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

Of course I'm just gonna write about my own class but I do think the S47 class has a really solid claim to make here. SDCore was commissioner of the whole league for several seasons and entered the SHL as a first gen in S47. The class also contributed several SHL GMs, such as hotdog (first gen), Esa (recreate) and SDCore and JNH. Juniors GMs as well, with SDCore and JNH, Jess and Jax. Even beyond the GMs, there have been a ton of site contributors - hotdog as longtime PT head, Julio Tokolosh and Carpy as two of the (if not the) premier graphics wizards on the entire site, and bbjygm, who has done a plethora of behind-the-scenes work for the league. On-ice legacies have been built as well, with Aaron Wilson and Theo Morgan standing out as the stars of the Hamilton S50s+ dynasty, with Westbroek, Kennedy, Soderberg, Tokolosh, and van Otter all also stringing together lengthy and productive careers with cup victories to boot. Oh and also @Fordyford.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.) Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well of course the finals MVP must be the big clutch little boy himself, mitchell van der heijden. van der Heijden seems to have the clutch gene, as evidenced by his series-clinching goal back in the NOLA days. Does it help that Mitchell van der Heijden is four words, so simply by typing his name a few times I'll get closer to the word count? Welll of course it does, but honestly leading the winning team in points during a swift sweep of a series seems as good a case as any, so congrats on the hardware bloos. No need to even consider anyone from Texas on this one lol.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3

Code:
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

I've been harping on this for over a calendar year now but I think fixing regression will help with this parity issue. As is, regression is far too soft and easy, which allows teams to remain dominant over a longer period of time than may be good for the league. Hamilton, for example, is led by several players in regression - Michaud, Jazz, Wilson, Morgan, Scarn, van der Heijden - these players topped the scoring charts for the year and they're all in regression. Of course, they have plenty of younger players too, but this core has been dominating the league for a while because they've lost hardly any TPE. Wilson's seen 4 regressions and is still close to 2k TPE (same with eko van otter btw) - if 4 regressions actually hurt players instead of let them float, we'd see faster turnover of rosters overall, leading to quicker callups from the smjhl and more parity. I know HO has discussed options but I really hope it gets addressed with some urgency soon.

Code:

It would be fun to bring Fordyford back to the league, in a way. Those of us from the S47 class and early days of Anchorage remember the feisty fordy always talking shit no matter the subject. Hockey? Geography? Politics? doesn't matter - you name it, Fordy would be the expert on it. I loved the dynamic we had because I was never slow to call him out on his BS, and he seemed to take it in stride. So we had this great relationship where he would spout off some BS, i'd call him out on said BS, and he wouldn't really mind it lol. He definitely rubbed people the wrong way with his boisterous attitude but once I got to know him better I really appreciated what he brought to the table, and he had some good qualities as well Wink

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 05:20 AM by bjkman.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.+3 TPE

Bosh

4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.) You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you! +3 TPE

The Big Man on Ice: The Greg "Taskmaster" Davies Story

The film opens up on the tiny town of Wem, England. A large boy is sitting in front of the tv clicking through the channels and turns to the BBC coverage of the Winter Olympics. His eyes widen, he doesn't know it yet but he's watching the Miracle on Ice. He is hooked from that moment on.

Cut to ten years later, Greg Davies has grown to over 6 foot tall and over 250 pounds, but something has stopped him from getting on the ice. He's never skated. He moves to Canada and walks up to the first ice rink he sees. He's a natural from the very first time he puts on those skates. He is instantly noticed by his future trainer and coach, Alex "The Taskmaster" Horne, they train for years and he's ready for his first game.

Davies' trainer Alex Horne passes away the night before he is signed by the Scarecrows and in his will the nickname "Taskmaster" is passed down the Greg, and he dedicates his career to him.

Code:
184 Words

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. +4 TPE

The real question should be what powerhouse team had the easier trip to the finals. After the renegades took down the Pride in the first round, the Renegades kept the smooth sailing for the most part from there. Those 4 game series should give them their best chance against the Steelhawks who might have had a more difficult journey but are the tougher team to beat.

Code:
66 Words

Rebuilds in sports happen all the time, the ability to go through spurts of failure and success are pretty normal in sports. What isn't, is the ability to stay at the top for the entire length it takes for a team to rebuild. To stay successful for that long takes the entire front office and players to be on the same page. Hamilton is what every team should strive to be.

Code:
71 Words

I'm going to specifically focus on the 2 teams here because that's the most interesting; A renegade is another word for an outlaw, which fits perfectly for the Texas region.

Where a steel hawk is something crazy and creative. For Hamilton the idea of a Steelhawk is more than just a bird, with how well the team is doing, it honestly means success.

Code:
63 Words

I think I'm not overexaggerating when I say Aaron Wilson is one of the best players in SHL history, and his absolutely insane career with the Steelhawks is something they should be able to boast about forever. Over the last 8 seasons, Wilson was a top 10 points leader 6 times topping the list twice on top of that. You'll see a lot of Steelhawk names on the year-end stats-list but his name pops up the most.

Code:
77 Words

7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site. [b]+2 TPE[/b]

[Image: QrQaYaB.png]

12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total. [b]+1 TPE[/b]

Milestones +1

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.) There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons. [b]+3 TPE[/b]

Well, it's certainly not normal for so few teams to be at the top of the league for such a long time. But I think we're finally going to begin a time of change in the league. With more new teams joining the playoff hunt than ever before the possibility of an upset will get bigger and bigger as the more successful teams lose their veteran players. Another new team can take their spot. The real question is... not if success is a problem, but is constant success boring for those who are winning, and those who aren't winning as well. I know since I've been here I've seen the same few teams go to the challenge cup over and over, but I've not tired of it. It's fascinating to see how this league is so different from the others I'm in where a winner seems like it could be one of 10 teams instead of 1 in 5. I'd love to see some new teams win, but if it takes a few more years to get there. I'm ok waiting to see.
Code:
183 Words

[b]16 TPE[/b]

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:16 PM by lilstifler.)

Code:

Verification word: lilstifler

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116882

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

Now the annual task. I like these kinds of tasks where I can predict something. So, in my opinion, nothing changes greatly from year to year. This year the Russian team will be joined by the group, because at least when you look at the compositions, it doesn't look so convincing. The weaker teams will certainly be Latvia, Russia and Ireland. Of course, my forecasts may be flawed and one of these teams may surprise us. As leaders, I would name Finnish, Canadian, U.S. teams, personally the Finnish team seems to me to be able to loudly invoke itself to the title of champion. If you have to talk about players who might be surprised, I'll certainly be quiet because leaders change every season and it's hard to predict. Let us look forward to the results of Latvia and Krish.

(140 words)

Code:
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

It's hard to imagine a very big event that I'd like to change. But I certainly would like to change the time I joined the league. It was the middle of the season, more end-half and certainly the other players were already head-to-head superior to me. As I tried to run, they had already taken shape and ran for points and a bucket. And yet if I changed it, what would my career be? This is a good question to which I cannot find an answer at this time, perhaps I would be even better off and closer to the limit of 2000 TP. Maybe I'd be a league star to know. Perhaps when a career goes to the end and will have to start about creating a new star, choose a better time so that I don't regret my choice then and be satisfied with the performance. Although at this point my performance is not profitable, I always want more.

(161 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

The story should certainly start with the fact that I am from Latvia, born in Liepaja. It is the third largest city of Latvia, given its size. It wasn't easy until the junior league. As you know, hockey is an expensive sport because of clean equipment and ice rentals. And I wasn't from the richest family, but eventually my parents did everything to make me reach what I've already done. I was lucky, of course, because all the cards were in honor of me. I continued to play in the local Latvian league, then received a call from my agent who had heard about SMJHL. I was excited because I wanted to be a professional. I got into the league, not through draftu like others, but straight with a contract that was bad for me on the one hand, because I couldn't prepare myself enough for that level while the others had run in. Play St. In the Louis team, I was draftēts in Hamilton for 4 seasons, but there were two consecutive shifts, and I ended up in the first-place San Francisco team I didn't stay in and was selected on the Seattle team, where I was still fighting.

(200 words)

Code:

a.) Let's be honest Hamilton had a big ordeal before, because it was to meet with the Buffalo team, which was also one of my favourites to the Cup fight out. But let's not say that for the Texas team, the road was easier because there were also strong teams in the second branch. Both teams have been where they deserve to be and will have to find out the best.

b.) Joy to hear such a fact because as S53 once has a season in which I appeared in this league. Well, I can say, the team has grown up and got a lot from my drafta class, got a number of good young hockey players, rebuilt the team greatly, and is now one of the leaders. Believe me, Seattle has the same fate.

16/16
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 10:49 AM by Nike.)

Code:
Nike
Victor Helstrom

Code:

Gorlab never gets banned. The league continues to devolve into madness. The commissioner group cannot continue to keep up. In fact, it gets so bad that any player who joined the site after S20 refuses to continue to put up with the heel of the SHL continuously picking on them. And for all of their troubles building one of the better simulation communities on the web, those players are shunned by the old guard, lead by Gorlab. The Renegades continue to be poked at and prodded by the greatest troll in all of SHL history. Ultimately, without banning Gorlab, the SHL faces a fast and swift demise. Losing out as the top hockey sim site and leaving only the VHL behind to bask in the glory of their sweet, sweet victory. And while much of Gorlab’s antics could be relatively funny, over the long haul his banning has likely had a pretty positive impact on creating a community that will continue to grow.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

The S20 draft class was one of the most impactful draft classes of all time. In fact, it was one of the first reddit drafts that the SHL had ever seen. Before reddit became a recruitment hunting ground, the SHL relied heavily on hockey future boards and EA Sports NHL message boards to try and garner interest. Of course, at that time there also wasn’t anywhere near the means of communication that we have now amongst teams. Discord did not exist. We communicated on locker room threads. The S20 draft class brought us Bojo, and Bojo was one of the first site members who had the technology or coding skills to be able to modernize a lot of the different tools that we were using to keep the site cobbled together. This draft class was the largest of its time and one of the most incredible kick starts to growth that the SHL has ever seen.

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.
[Image: KONt7oP.jpeg]

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116926

Code:
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

FYI, the word is parity. Not sure if that’s intentional or not? Anyways, the SHL has always had a bit of trouble balancing the importance of parity and also rewarding those GMs, players and collective teams that work harder than the rest to create winning cultures and be successful in the sim. When you look back at a small sample of finals, it can look like some teams and members are doing all the winning. And maybe that’s OK. Parity is great, but randomness is not. And while it can be really frustrating to see the same teams consistently being presented with the Challenge Cup, there’s a reason that those teams are there. As a former GM, there’s really nothing more frustrating than putting together the best roster on paper and having a sim engine with too many variables completely destroy the record of a phenomenal roster. Sure, maybe that’s how it should be because that’s how it works in all of sport. The underdog is a fun story, but its not quite as rewarding as being incentivized to continue to build the best teams and grow your player. Those folks that do those things deserve to be rewarded and the likes of Buffalo, Chicago, Texas and Hamilton all deserve their continued success because of their ability to draft, develop and trade better than the rest of the league around them. We all operate under the same set of rules and sim engines. Want to win more? Be better.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 10:32 AM by Zerg.)

1: Trivia Verification Word: Victor Helstrom [3 TPE]

2: I change the moment in SHL history where the Colorado Raptors got swept in the first round in S61. That was some bullshit, man. The difference in SMJHL history would of course be that the Raptors, after getting over their choking habit, go on to at least make a four star cup final or something. Maybe they win it, maybe they don't, but they'd at least have achieved something rather than tripping at the starting line again. Nystrom's farewell to the Juniors is a bit less bitter, Angus McFife gets the hardware he deserves, and none of this year's graduating class leaves Juniors wondering if they're cursed. However, perhaps those players don't have quite as much of a chip on their shoulders when they come to their SHL teams. This history is too recent to know for sure how that would play out, but right now, it would sure have been nice to experience more than one playoff series in a season. [162 words 3 TPE]

6: [4 TPE]
a:  Texas clearly had the easier relative path. Two series sweeps en route to the finals does not suggest a team that was seriously challenged on its way to the final. No disrespect to Hamilton, who put on an impressive display on their way to the final, but the Renegades are a juggernaut. [52 words]
b:  Most teams go through cycles. Most teams are good for a stretch, bad for a stretch, then good for another stretch. Hamilton is not most teams. Despite Texas having a ridiculous playoff performance, it seems pretty clear that being a consistent contender for ten straight seasons is more impressive than a successful tank. [53 words]
c:  A renegade is an outlaw, a wildman, a social disruptor, a man who marches to the beat of his own drum and heaven help you if you get in his way. A steelhawk is a ride at the Worlds of Fun amusement park in Kansas City, Missouri. Victor Helstrom was a minor Swedish nobleman who was executed by Christian II of Denmark in 1520 in the event known as the Stockholm Bloodbath, which lead to the dissolution of the Kalmar Union and centuries of rivalry between Sweden and Denmark. [89 words]
d:  Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette has the best name on either team and is therefore the best player. Goals, assists, hits, penalties, fights, points, none of these have anything to do with the skill of the player. The only thing users have full control over is our player names, and LPLL has demonstrated the keenest understanding of this metaphysical sim-reality. [57 words]

12: Milestones: [3 TPE] 
  • Assists: 35 > 29
  • Shots on Goal: 200 > 172
  • Hits: 127 > 42
18: Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting. [188 words, 2 TPE]

19: After persuading his entire team to take the pink pill, thereby becoming the most profitable franchise in the history of sports with every single player having rockstar levels of fame, Nystrom lets the tales of these mysterious pills leak to the rest of the league in cooperation with the mysterious trench coat Romanian. However, he edits one tiny detail. Instead of the pink pills being the ones that make you famous, Nystrom leaks to the Calgary Dragons that it is the brown pill that will have these effects. Most teams in the league are rather suspicious and still refuse the pills. As being spectacularly famous didn't actually make the Blizzard any better as a hockey team, they decided they could just focus on being better hockey players without taking suspicious brown pills. The Calgary Dragons, however, having long since gotten sick of playing the Washington Generals to the Blizzard's Globetrotters, decided they wanted to even the playing field. Perhaps they could become the Real Madrid to Edmonton's Barca? As such, in the middle of their rivalry game against a team with more fans than Arsenal, their whole team shits itself on the ice. Many laughs were had, no one ever trusted the pill salesman again, and the Blizzard kept the goodies to themselves. [213 words, 3 TPE]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]