Create Account

S61 Championship Week

10-08-2021, 03:37 PMKalakar Wrote: GET IN HERE @golden_apricot @Tomen @Rich @TheSparkyDee @KenitohMenara @Pythonic @Evok @Air Crou

I don't know who else has a cw pass tbh but let's go us
Simmer CW Pass

10-08-2021, 03:37 PMKalakar Wrote: GET IN HERE @golden_apricot @Tomen @Rich @TheSparkyDee @KenitohMenara @Pythonic @Evok @Air Crou

I don't know who else has a cw pass tbh but let's go us

SIMMER CW PASS BABY!!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 02:41 PM by Carpy48.)

Code:
Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

If I hadn't gotten drafted to the Lethbridge Lions.... Let's start with that. Before I got drafted I had gotten to know some others from my draft class a little, but none of them went to my team, so I was there alone. Later I got drafted to Toronto, also as the only one among the people I knew. In both situations I had to meet new people and build something for myself. It wasn't always easy, but look to what this has lead in the end. My junior career was rather uneventful (not to say disappointing), however I was very involved in the process of rebranding and eventually moving the Lions to Newfoundland in S52 and it's absolutely incredible what has come out of this. Not only have I met some of my favorite people in the league during this time, but the Berserkers are doing extremely well (and have won two Cups!), who knows if that would've happened otherwise.
(161 words)
+3

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

I'll pick the most obvious class to me and the one I know best, my own, S47. We joined the league right after a huge class the season before that was so big it needed an expansion. While we were a successful class with several players reaching the 2k+ mark, we also had an impact in different areas of the league. Quite many of us have played major roles in the league, be it league commissioner, PT director or others that got a job in their first season and are still holding it and that's over 2 1/2 years now (I'm not going to mention names, but I'm among those). On top of that there is a number of active and former GMs are among us. Both first gens and recreates managed to create players that are known by everyone around in the league at this point and more than one will easily make the HoF.
(156 words)
+3

Code:
Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

Let's look at this from a neutral point of view. We more or less changed sim engines because of a certain team and we still don't have anything that remotely ressembles parity in the league right now. I get it, if you're a good team and have figured it out (how to use FHM) you want to stay a good team and people want to play for your team. I can't blame them. But it is an issue and I see no solution. It just really frustrates teams that are trying to be good and would be good teams based on their players' TPE, but in the end they have no chance. We improved the league a little with moving Chicago to the west and rearranging divisions, but has that really brought us parity and solved the main issue? Too early to say, but as long as there are some really good teams in the same division even it's very likely that they will stay at the top for the next 5 seasons as well if the same people keep running those teams. I'm just wondering how you're going to keep players active in the long run if they aren't on those teams.
(203 words)
+3

Code:
Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?

You gave me the prompt, I'm going to pick it up. Toronto is a good team. They're just in the' wrong' division. As easy as that. Swap their position with let's say Texas or another team in a weaker division and they would've made it to the finals by now. Those of us who have been in the league longer than a couple of seasons will remember the Great Lakes division and how dumb that one was. It almost takes the fun out of the whole experience. On paper a team like Toronto, or even Tampa now, would be good enough to win after their rebuilds, but the fact that players don't matter as much as good FHM skills changes that a lot. Whoever has the best team and the best coaches has a much better chance at winning than pure TPE numbers. That being said, I'm the last person that gives up hope so I still hope for Toronto to win a cup, but I would be happy for ANY team that hasn't won the cup yet since we changed to FHM.
(183 words)
+3

Code:
Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

I would bring back @Tate, one of my favorite people in the league - who is technically not fully gone, but retired his player and has pretty much stopped updating and earning money a while ago since this was his last season. In the beginning both our players, both goalies, had the same goal: Win a cup and maybe also a personal award. Well, we both got the McBride, but no cups yet and the race has already ended for one of us. In the beginning we talked all the time, now it's maybe every few months. Life happens to everyone sooner or later I guess, but that's still someone I would bring back to full activity.
(117 words)
+2

+3 TPE from milestones

--- 
16 TPE total

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 03:18 AM by Evil_AllBran.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Victor Helstrom
Weew
+3 TPE

Code:
5. Graphic, 3 TPE, Legen.. Wait for it...
These two franchises have quite a bit of history, and some legends have passed through their LRs. Make a graphic comparing the career stat of one legendary player from each team. They can be an active or retired player, but must be pre-s50 draft class if active.

Graphic
+3 TPE

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.

Ring
+2 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Zine
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Cover
+3 TPE

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link
+3 TPE

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

I can understand why some members of the league wanted more league relevant point task prompts. Personally I really enjoyed the random tasks, I found that they were a fun and made for some weird and wonderful graphics. I am happy with the direction that we have gone, offering both the more realistic prompts and the more out of the box prompts. Giving users the choice is a great middle ground and I hope that the extra effort for planning these dual prompt tasks out and grading them does not become too onerous and result in them being reduced to a single prompt type in the future. [107 words]
+2 TPE

Total TPE earned +16.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 04:21 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Burp!

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

We open with a shot of two 10-year-old kids in the middle of a big crowded marketplace that sells everything from cabbages to music instruments to electronics and unlicensed software. It is late 1999, the turn of the century just about to hit the world with the big bad Y2K bug and the kids have been given some cash for Christmas to go out and buy a game CD of their liking. Looking down the walls of various pirated games and collections stripped of extra features like in game music and play-by-play commentary so that they could be crammed up all onto one disc, they decide to buy a collection of EA Sports games, the year 2000 editions. After first trying out the NBA and Nascar games for a while, they decide to give NHL 2000 a shot as well, just out of curiosity…

Now a shot from the in-game action morphs into real-life hockey with the kids in their mid-teens battling it out in the local junior league team’s scrimmage. It is Lemo and his friend Tom, turned on to hockey accident by that very same video game CD, now making their way up the local junior league ranks. We see soon that while Tom may be the more innately gifted of the two, it is Lemo’s drive and determination that makes him stand out from the rest of the kids.

A sequence ensues showing the day-to-day life of their families and touching upon the sacrifices that they have to make in order to accommodate their sons’ quite expensive favorite pastime. Over time as the boys grow, we see Tom losing interest in the grueling competition and focusing more on school and other hobbies, while Lemo, spurred on by his coaches at various levels is all the more determined to making a career out of hockey. So much so, that it begins to seriously threaten his progress in school and even raises questions about his state of mind and mental health among his peers.

He is given counseling though and manages to graduate high school just in time to take on a risky but necessary career move. A local scout has brought him into the attention of Anchorage Armada of the SMJHL and they are offering him a chance to move all the way to the othe side of the globe to test his mettle against the best of his age group in the whole world.

Lemo grabs the chance that he has been working for all those years and moves away from his family to Alaska. He has some issues with blending in with the vastly different culture at first, but finds his footing in time for the entry draft to the SHL top hockey league in the world and is drafted by Texas in the 2nd round. While some of his peers with higher expectations for themselves voice their displeasure at being drafted so late, Lemo is very happy to have ended up being drafted to a team that is widely regarded as being on the way to the very top of the league and vows to one day make the pro team in the toughest league in the hockey world too.

As he grows and matures into an ever more effective player, he manages to win the junior league championship in his third year there and reach the finals another time before eventually getting called up to the Texas team.

It takes him a while to get going there though, not scoring his first SHL goal until the 31st game of his rookie season, and even then only on an empty net at the end of a game that was really already won. But he has the support of  his new teammates and finds his stride after he gets that monkey off his back and actually ends up winning the SHL championship already in his rookie season, even scoring a few ‘real’ goals in the championship series!

The film ends with a retrospective of his journey to the top of the hockey world with the captions mentioning that while he has made it to the top fairly unexpectedly soon, he has a whole career yet ahead of him…
(702 words)

Code:
Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A. Despite the seeming ease with which they reached the finals (and the regular season crown), the Hamilton Steelhawks could be said to have faced the tougher opposition on their way, at least certainly in quantity. They had to go through Buffalo and Baltimore, two of the top four teams in the league only to now meet the third team in that group aside from themselves, in Texas. At the same time, while both finalists played the same amount of games on their way there, Texas clearly had a tougher time in the one series that they didn’t sweep, finally ekeing out a narrow game-seven victory against their familiar divisional rival Chicago. While many fans might have hoped to see similar hard-fought series in Hamilton’s clashes with their conference rivals, they were sadly largely left unsatisfied, as Hamilton simply proved to be of a whole other class all through this season and playoffs. (152 words)

B. While the Texas rebuild has been an exemplary success, I do think that the way Hamilton has kept on dominating the league for so long could be considered an even greater feat, one that our rebuilt Texas franchise should now look to emulate. After all, Hamilton obviously also had to first start out somewhere lower and achieve that dominant level, just as Texas looks to have done by now, so while the Steelhawks have become this sort of villain that we all love to hate, their continued success is something that we all should be seeking to emulate instead of going all-in with our assets for one big shot at the cup like some have tried over the years. (119 words)

Code:
Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Claiming 3 milestone TPE

Code:
Code:
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

While it does not look too good regarding parity (I assume this is what you meant to write before you got auto-corrected or your speech recognition failed you Wink ), there have been encouraging signs spawning from the addition of the expansion teams and the subsequent divisional realignment and also perhaos even moreso by the changes in the SHL’s update scale. This has enabled more teams to at least try to contend, even if the domination exhibited by Hamilton over all the rest of the league this season does seem to just make fun of everyone else’s aspirations. But with teams like Tampa Bay and Baltimore finally stepping up from rebuild status and aggressively pushing for contendership and Texas in the other conference already crowned champions once after their thorough rebuild program reached fruition (and already treated as one of the boring ‘old guard’ by some short-memory pundits), there is hope that other will follow in their footsteps and soon the SHL playoff picture will indeed finally become more diverse than it has been for the previous decade. (178 words)

Code:
Code:
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

I think you’ve done a good job and probably surprised many people in a positive way. While they haven’t been the easiest to complete for me, I very much liked the new style of writing PT’s that you brought here. The continuity of one PT leading to the next has been fun to follow. At the same time you have dealt with your fair share of criticism, but as far as I’ve seen, you’ve dealt with it well too. I also like that you have obviously taken your job very seriously, in that you have often went the extra mile to make PTs fun again and you have also listened to negative feedback and found good solutions for the problems that people have had, like introducing the two-sided PTs. If I have a bit of a gripe with the PT squad lately, it is with the rather chaotic timing of the PT’s and also their grading. Luckily we have bots and stuff in our locker rooms to help keep track of when something or other is due, but sometimes it still gets a bit odd, waiting for over a week for this PT or other get graded. Also, the mock draft PT timing sucked. Hard. That one really did piss me off, since I was busy just exactly those two or three days and then missed the damn thing by 5 minutes :D Need to give more time for such things, even if they are a copy-paste orgy in the end. (251 words)

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 07:07 AM by Eynhallow. Edit Reason: Added Milestones Claim )

You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

So, Paramount studios contacted me (Rinky McDangle) concerning an upcoming movie project they wanted to do concerning my career thus far.  I thought it odd that a movie studio would want to focus that much attention on a player who hadn’t yet made the bigs, but a movie is a movie.  Paramount was mostly interested in how an Irish lad from Waterford, of all places, came to be a professional hockey player.  A key scene in the early part of this movie would be one of the Waterford Crystals, a mixed gender kids team, playing hockey on a temporary ice surface in Ireland.  Ireland does not, as yet, have an indoor artificial surface.  The movie would then move on to discuss My amateur career in the American West culminating in being offered a position with the Colorado Raptors and subsequently being drafted by the Tampa Bay Barracudas,  Mention would be made about my being selected in the Expansion Draft by the Great Falls Grizzlies and being traded back to the Raptors in short order.  The movie would conclude with a few action scenes from the latter part of the regular season when I was setting the all-time Raptors record for most goals and total points.

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a.)  Interestingly, each team only lost three games in getting to the Finals.  Just being able to play in a final series is difficult enough as each team had to defeat some rather good teams along the way.  However, in my opinion, Hamilton’s path was somewhat more difficult as they had to beat 2 teams that had close to 100 regular season points; Baltimore = 100 points and Buffalo = 96 points.

b.)  In my opinion it is more difficult, and, thus, more impressive to stay highly competitive for ten seasons.  It is one thing to assemble a team for a periodic playoff run, but quite another to do that essentially season after season for a decade.  In the latter case, due to regression and other things, one’s core group must be fluid, and, at the same time, very competitive.   Not only does one have to assemble that group at the SHL level, but one also has to carefully manage the assets being developed in the SMJHL.

c.)  When asked what comprises a Renegade or a Steelhawk or a truly representative player from any of the twenty SHL teams, my answer is unsurprisingly the same.  A representative player is a player who puts his team first.  That player will do anything it takes to win, even at the expense of his/her own statistical status.  Not only will that player try to score, he will also black a shot if need be.

d.)  Again, I reflect on what I wrote in section c.).  What makes a good player, or what makes the “best” player ??  How can that be measured ?  There are a number of statistical categories one can look at:  Goals, Total Points, Goals Against Average.  But does that really reflect the “best” player ?  I mostly like the player who is good at a lot of things, but not outstanding at any one of those things.  I like a player who manages to stay with a team for a long period of time and who contributes over that time.  A “team player” makes the “best” player.

12. Milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117628

+3 TPE

So, “parody” or “parity”.  When I first saw this I had considered writing some kind of tongue in cheek piece that might be mildly humorous.  However, I understand this to be taken a bit more seriously.  Ideally, over eight seasons, you would want to see more teams represented in the Finals.  That would suggest league parity.  Realistically, I think we have to commend the management groups of those teams that perennially make the Finals.  That mostly comes from hard work and great leadership. There is a certain amount of luck involved as well, in that when you draft a player you are not sure that the real life player will continue to be an earner over the course of his sim player’s career.  This is where leadership on behalf of the team’s management come into play.  A GM can motivate players to continue to earn TPE at an above average rate.  The GM can also influence a player to stay with his team.  If those things come together, as it has for the elite teams in the league, then you will be highly competitive and unsurprisingly make the Finals on a regular basis.

19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

I considered making just jelly beans, the black ones, because that is what I like, but the super power pills are fascinating.  The weird trench coat guy has access to other worldly chemists who can custom design these pills.  By the way, all of the pills I have commissioned will taste like black jelly beans.  One of the pills I dreamed up was a blazing red pill that gave the player inhuman speed for one period of play.  The drawback was, though, that he would lack the ability to stop.  He would have to rely on the boards or other players to bring him to a halt.  This resulted in many bruises, sprains and other injuries.  So an additional pill was developed to enhance the ability of the team Trainer to deal with multiple injuries effectively.. This was conceived as a pretty pink pill. Ultimately, the cons outweighed the pros and I settled on just plain jelly beans (black).

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 01:31 AM by Merica.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA
Victor Helstrom Merica

Code:

- Well, since Daniel Merica Junior’s biopic is relegated to the Simulation Junior Hockey League, it probably wouldn’t be a very long story, but it certainly wouldn’t be without a little drama and intrigue. I think to start the biopic, you’d have to tie in Daniel Merica Senior in the beginning, who was no stranger to controversy in his days, and probably title the biopic ‘Like Father, Like Son’. Then, of course, pan over to the SMJHL draft, where Merica was heavily overlooked due to unfounded and baseless bias by many General Managers, setting up for Merica to fall to the Anaheim Outlaws. The first two seasons of his junior career would focus on his undying loyalty and leadership to his Outlaw teammates, seemingly going to bat for them in the media on a daily basis, despite his own struggles on the ice. Then, it’d be time to get into the juicy parts, when Ace left Anaheim, Talls took over, and then everyone got traded, where Merica now finds himself trying to get that elusive Four-Star Cup in St. Louis.
Code:

A: Well, I think strictly based on the number of the games played, and the fact that Texas steamrolled two teams like they were in Junior league wannabes, you’d have to say that Hamilton had the ‘harder’ road to the Challenge Cup Final, which is actually surprising considering how they utterly decimated the competition all season long.
B: I think without question the more difficult and impressive task is to remain on top for a decade. There is a lot more pressure to win when you are perennially good, and it’s a testament to the general manager for keeping the core in place, or having to make difficult moves which keep the team in a position of advantage going forward. Rebuilding is indeed impressive, but being great for 10 years straight takes the cake.
C: A Renegade is a vigilante, someone who takes matters into their own hands and will sometimes operate outside of the rule of law. In the old west, the renegades were people you should have a healthy fear of. A Steelhawk is a bird, made of steel, which represents strength and power, two things every successful franchise needs to be dominant. I don’t know who Victor Helstrom is, but he’s got a cool name, so..

Code:

- First, no, I don’t think this is an issue. A lot of people scream parity, and want more teams to be competitive, while usually ignoring the fact that those five teams have done all the right things in building their franchises, and perhaps their team should be taking notes. A few teams dominating at the top is nothing new, really for any major sport. Take the NHL. From 2010-2017, there were only 4 teams that won the Cup: Chicago (3), Boston (1), Los Angeles (2), Pittsburgh (2). Fast forward to 2021, and were in the midst of another back-to-back champion with Tampa Bay.
- Yes, I think we can all agree that FHM is different in STHS, the sim engine certainly is having an impact on certain teams being better than others, but I don’t see this as a negative. These teams are providing blueprints for how to win in the FHM era, and instead of complaining about it, teams should strive to emulate their process.

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

- This is a great prompt, shoutout for that. For me, I would have to say Maxy. He did make an appearance recently, but hasn’t fully come back. He’s one of the few members that were apart of my ‘inner circle’ back in my prime SHL days, from Manhattan to the SMJHL HO to the infamous deplorables, Maxy was always there. He was always extremely loyal and someone who saw things the same I did. I think he was a positive, impactful member of the community and the league is better off with him in it. I know hes been super busy with real life responsibilities, but I hope he makes his way back someday.

Code:

- We’ve obviously had our differences, I was especially critical during the early stages of your reign as point task supreme leader, but I think you’ve really done a great job this season. The two prompt system was a great way to appease the malcontents like myself, while also catering to those who preferred the wacky and unconventional prompts you like to do. I know it can be hard to find a way to satisfy everyone, and to an extent is kind of impossible, but you’ve found a solid middle ground with the current prompt system and hopefully

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 11:28 AM by kikish18.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

Never switching to FHM. If so Chris Goodname would be born faster. Not in April 20 as it happened because of FHM I spent the season scouting how attributes affect players' performance. After 1 scouting season, he was fully developed and born. So in the case of STHS, this would not be even thought that I should spend something scouting. With STHS this would be just... YOLO! Funny but I believe results wouldn't be so polar as today. Dragons fought off very well with FHM but with STHS I believe we should just leave it to random. Also, I believe that Hamilton wouldn't be so successful while rebuilding teams so drastically bad. This is the thing that doesn't fit from real life because Buffalo is a tragedy but they would never 0-82 while the current FHM situation develops things like that. I'm not saying we would switch back but things are sometimes ridiculous. haha. 

Code:

a. Texas. Not because of sweeps but that 7th game is nerve wrecker. I mean it is sweet to sweep some team but I'd better pick 4-1, 4-2, 4-1 way than letting all be lost because of one mistake. One mistake can lead to one goal and it is always easier to defend than chase the game. On the large scale Hamilton lost more times but they were less on the ledge than Texas.

b. I must admit that holding a top position in the league for 10 seasons is impressive work. I am not a conspiracy theory fan so I believe that switching from STHS to FHM and Hamiltons successful time of rebuild is pure coincidence. By my calculations any season now they should decline and actually, they are declining. For the first 5 seasons, they were outstanding. Now they are vulnerable by Texas, Buffalo, Chicago. Also successful rebuild by Texas. May they reign long as HAM.

c. Renegade is "a person who leaves one group, religion, etc., and joins another that opposes it" or "someone or something that causes trouble and cannot be controlled". At least dictionary says that. Also when I googled I saw that Taylor Swift had song like that. I really don't know what caused the name of Texas franchise. On the other question my answer is in this link: Steelhawk . Victor who? I haven't done triwia for now and probably won't.

d. Texas Renegades had Chris Partlow. He was arguably S10's best defenceman with the competition of Edmonton Blizzard Willie Weber. Often used as winger which triggers my position requirement senses. Anyway I should give a credit with this amazing goalscoring and point producing defensive beast. Game style must be something like Erik Karlsson in his prime years in Ottawa. If have chance to add someone then Burlok Sulfurgold is my pick for Texas Renegades current roster. He is forward with exceptional defensive skill but hey he scores a lot! Definitively a key player for Texas.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

3 TPE YEEEAHH

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min

UUU! I know this one! No brainer! STEVEN JALOPSKI! Actually both - he could make the league burn to ashes and destroy unborn infants and make the holocaust great again. ... Too harsh joke. Ok but Steven had his problems with the league board. I never got really into them so do not understand fully why that happened he has been suspended over and over again but I loved him as LR person. So funny, so kind, so dedicated person! If I remember right he was Hamilton Steelhawks S10's player and joined Dragons as FA in S17 or 18. His dedication to the team and amazing humor made me laugh every day. Roberts Birkavs is worth for mentioning but that's whole another story.

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

I really like this task. Unfortunately, I do have not enough free time to add other simulation sports leagues to my CV. Used to I had (7 years ago) Kriss Labsvards in Latvian hockey and football (soccer?) simulation leagues. Offensive defenseman and center midfielder. The Player was gifted to give splendid assists and score goals rarely. Funny but the last sentence works on both sports. If we talk about nowadays. Chris Goodname is only a hockey player but he has a certain interest in other sports. If he would join SBA (or WSBL? I'm confused) then he would grow to 6'6 and be SG - dedicated 3 point shooter and in real-life comparison something close to Dairis Bertans. If he would be a football player then probably blocking full-back. Probably would be deadly bad at it because he doesn't understand rules fully. Baseball - no! If Chris would go to another hockey league then probably as GM because he loves hockey tactics etc. Although there was some experience in VHL with the codename "Alistar Graves"

Code:

Ok Slash. Let's start with it that effort You are doing is not definitively 8 million per season worth. This is not even the best SHL equipment/coaching value. You should ask for a raise. At least fight for those 1.5 additional million to have the best coaching and one week for training too. But for real I would say Your effort is 15 million worth, 20 in case of inflation. I admire Your effort and finally some fucking good CW. Finally, I had enough writing PTs to pick one I'd like to write about. Seasons ago I usually had 1-2 small tasks that I wrote with "yuck" on my face. To add a little bit of salt I don't know about this season's weekly PT's special parts. I saw few people writing them but frankly, I think never picked one of them. On the bright side, the choices are enough for weirdos and normal people.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 12:55 PM by Tylar.)

Code:
+3 TPE

Sad

Victor Helstrom

Code:
+3 TPE
Liam Slate - The Bust Story

The opening scene would be an interview with Liam Slate in the United Kingdom where his hockey career began. It will show the history of the Slate family, and his dads career. It will follow Slate's interview process into the SMJHL Draft. It would be heavily focused on the S54 SMJHL Draft where Liam Slate went first overall.
The next bit would be his rookie season where Slate played not a lof minutes on a good team. It will follow the Fall of Liam Slate in the S55 SHL Draft where the first overall pick in the junior draft goes 18th in the SHL Draft. The next big scene is covering his sophomore season where the Berserkers won the Four Star Cup. It will highlight how good the team was and how little Slate did.
The next scene will be the SMJHL Trade and how Slate brought his failure to the Quebec Citadelles and did nothing to help them in their run. Last it will show the awful career Slate has had in the SHL and how much of a disappointment he is. The Bust of Liam Slate.
(188 Words)

Code:
+4 TPE

I think Hamilton ha the tougher road just by fact that they play in the Eastern Conference. The Eastern Conference has been a bloodbath for many seasons but now it is even worse with the emergence of Baltimore Platoon and New England Wolfpack. The fact Texas Renegades swept two series to me shows that the Western Conference is much weaker overall than the Eastern Conference. (65 Words)

I would say the Steelhawks is arguably more impressive as it is hard to stay at the top in this league as teams cycle through cores and prospects coming up. SHL is a tough league and the fact the Steelhawks have no really dipped at all is a sign of greatness. Texas is good though. (55 words)

A Renegade is a person who is a rebellious type and a thug is my best guess. A Steelhawk is a mythical bird made from Steel and is a hawk. Basically stolen from Pokemon. Victor Helstrom sounds like a bad player from Squid Games who died during the first game because he is a dumb idiot and did not listen to the rules. (63 Words)

Mitchell van der Heijden - Has shown himself to be one of the best players in the game. Mitchell Van Der Heijden has been a premier player since joining the Steelhawks a few seasons ago and has no slowed down.
Alexander Wachter - Has led Texas in points this season and a top 10 player this season. Wachter is an veteran who some may see being at the end of his tenure at the top but has proven to still got it. (80 Words)

Code:
+3 TPE

Milestones - 3 TPE

Code:
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons

+3 TPE

I believe this is definitely a big issue as the same teams have been on the top for awhile now. If it was not an issue we would see changes already. There has been a odd team to come out of the black hole like Baltimore but usually the bad teams just stay bad. Let's face it, people get drafted onto a bad team thinking how great the future will be. Prospects go inactive, people make friends and people get tired of losing. What is the point of being on a team that loses in something that is supposed to be fun? That is why players end of asking out and then good teams can just keep trading for players that want out and can just leave in UFA in not traded if they wait out the bad seasons in the SMJHL. Unless the SHL somehow ends up less about who you know and about social relationships it probably won't change. The salary cap is supposed to help but is it?
(171 Words)

TPE: 16/16

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 08:00 AM by Accka.)

17/16

1. CW - 3
- Mayo

7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.
- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...nknown.png

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Zine
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1..._cover.png

9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Nashville moment
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...ER_CW2.png

- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117639

17. Graphic, 3 TPE, Clairvoyant
You have been granted the gift of seeing the future, but only a single future cup winner. Relay us with this info in the form of a cup banner for the winning team. Make sure to include the season they won, you can make up some player names if it's far out in the future. Have fun with it! It could be your team if you want, with you as the star! We won't know if you're lying until SXX anyway.
- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...banner.jpg (no names idk if that was mandatory)

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 04:58 AM by jRuutu.)

Verification word: Word

The movie would be a documentary. The start shows me as a young man living in Finland and my start in hockey. I would be painted as a talented young player. There would be some interviews from various people, who say how talented I was. Then as I get closer to being drafted to SHL the early signs of trouble come out. Few comments from people who watched me act recklessly in Finland. After I got drafted the movie moves on to my life in SMJHL. Similar style. Footage of me playing, practicing, working out, but also footage of me off the ice with interviews from other people who watched me daily. Then the part about contract termination, failing to sign a deal in SHL and playing in Singapore for one year. Through all those different points I will also comment on everything.

The whole point is to have me be this talented kid who wasted his talents and opportunities. I don't know how long the documentary would be, but I'd say something like 50-60 minutes could be ok. The documentary ends in footage of me working out with other free agents in some ice rink somewhere. As the credits roll you will see a quick text: ''Raivo tried to get invited to the training camp of one SHL team, but they did not answer his call''. The end.

Texas. They have been waiting a long time between series without playing. Meanwhile, Hamilton and their players have played more and they are able to play with a higher intensity as they have not been forced to rest as much. I think that will show early in the series and heavily favors Hamilton. (53)

To stay good for a decade. Rebuilding only takes time, SHL has active players joining steadily, so if you can keep drafting even relatively well, you will have a solid team eventually. Meanwhile, at the top, you need to keep finding quality players and get them into the roster immediately to replace older players. That is a lot more demanding task to complete as there is usually fierce competition for free agents and favorable deals. (75)

I have no idea. Renegade could be some kind of wild character, who does whatever. A character who plays by their own rules. Steelhawk is a hawk made from steel. A hawk that can't be destroyed. The hawk can fly anywhere and take a beating. Helstrom, sounds like a Swedish name? So some Swedish player? (55)

Aaron Wilson for Hamilton. Already an old player, but he has been at the top forever. Even more impressive for center as it's a demanding position to play in. When the speed starts to go away you need to rely on your hockey IQ. Wilson has a lot of that, which also shows his greatness as a player. He can keep adjusting and adapting, while still scoring a lot. (69)

--

It's not an issue because it's bad that only 4 or 5 teams have been in the finals. It's bad because the general managers of other teams don't have what it takes to compete against those 4 or 5 teams and their management. A lot of general managers are more interested in running a social club than truly competing. In their eyes, the main point is to have fun. With a mentality like that, you can't win teams who do whatever it takes to win. There is a lot of general managers who hire inactives. We have seen a clear increase in members who are in the forums asking to be signed, but so many GM's much rather hire inactives. That further highlights the fact that general managers in other teams are lazy. They much rather coast it in mediocrity, have a good time in their locker rooms, and watch 4 or 5 teams compete.

At the end of the day, who we can blame for this situation is the people who hired those general managers. For looong time they have hired weak managers, who simply don't value winning enough. I don't know if you can do anything to change it. The league will keep on hiring managers who don't value winning and competing. Nothing will change.

--

20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

I only have hockey players right now, but if Raivo Helminen would make the jump to some other league/sport, basketball could be the first option. Raivo is a pretty big guy, and he has the athleticism. Raivo also plays hard and aggressively, so he could be a power-forward, who is not afraid to crash the rim for rebounds or to make audacious attempts to score.

I don't know much about basketball, but I think Raivo has what it takes to, at the very least, be decent in basketball. It goes without saying that Raivo would be a bench player or depth option. He could even be a farm player or play in weaker leagues somewhere.

The biggest obstacle for Raivo would be ball control and defense, or in other words - the fundamentals of basketball. How fast can you truly learn those points? I don't think you can very quickly, but with his willingness to get to the dirty areas and with his athleticism - Raivo would be an offensive threat. (171)

I like the fact that you offer two different options for points tasks. That helps a lot. The actual themes for point tasks have been different and interesting. I have been able to use creativity without the need to do too much research. I would be hot and bothered if you would do more point tasks like the ''6 D'' in this CW. I can't answer that. I don't know if anyone can answer that. For a 50 word answer, I'm not going to do any research. The small point tasks are also fun and offer the users a chance to use even more creativity. That is always cool.

What I don't like is those primetimes and 3on3s, booooooring. Can they be combined into one task and make another small point task?  Then you would have one for fun/creativity, second for controversial/heated league topics, or something else. Overall, I like the point tasks and how you run them.

= 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 04:38 PM by kenvald.)

Code:
kenvaldhelstrom

Code:
The part of my career so far that would do best on the big screen happened in season 54. The movie would follow my career with the Vancouver Whalers after being drafted into the SMJHL. It'd skim through my first three seasons as mostly informational and point out a few important moments, such as being named captain.

Then comes the meat of the movie starting in season 54. Being the best player on one of the worst teams in the league. Many of my linemates had been called up to the SHL the year before, and left the Whalers in a state of rebuild. We see the team fighting really hard but we just can't keep up with the rest of the league.

Then comes a scene to pull on your heartstrings. Partway through the season my general manager and coach reached out to me. We didn't want to admit it at first, but the best course of action for both the team and myself was to trade me away to a cup contender.

The trade happened, and the movie progresses with me getting used to my new team. It all erupts at the end with me raising the cup with a Carolina Kraken jersey on. A marvelous end to a junior career with the cherry on top being me called up to the SHL, at last.

Code:
This is a tough one as I believe both teams had one easy series and two harder ones. But in the end I have to give it to Hamilton. Texas' two tougher opponents were Chicago and Edmonton. And they're nothing to scoff at. But Hamilton had to face Buffalo and Baltimore, both of which finished top-4 in the league standings.

Code:
Completing a rebuild and getting to the finals is really impressive. A lot of teams start from scratch but doesn't make it all the way without loosing key pieces along the way. In the end however, staying competitive for as long as Hamilton has is simply astonishing. They've figured out a great plan and it's worked out for them amazingly.

Code:
Victor Helstrom is a myth. He doesn't exist and never has. At least I've never heard of him. I would compare Victor to Herobrine from Minecraft. A lot of people claim he's real, and that he just doesn't appear unless you follow a certain ritual. At the same time, an equal amount of people say he's just a myth, a legend in a kids book.

Code:
Aaron Wilson is hands down the best player on Hamilton. This guy is old but refuses to leave the top-10 leaderboard in points. And this season he even had the most points out of any player. His consistency is equal to Hamilton's continued cup success. Maybe he's their secret sauce?

On Texas' side I have a harder time finding the one to rule them all. But in recent years Alexander Wachter has continued to impress. He's been a key piece to Texas' success for a decade now, if not more.

Code:
+3 Milestones Claim

Code:
Parity is an issue. Not in the sense that professional leagues needs to see rotation in the top teams. But it's an issue because we're playing fantasy hockey with nothing really real on the line. With users creating players that they spend 2 IRL years on, to never even reach the cup finals. I'm sure it's disheartening and might be pushing people away from re-creating.

It's pretty much impossible to try and handicap the top teams without affecting others. Unless you want to straight up limit the amount of 1600+ TPE players allowed on a team. But on the other side of the coin, do we really want a league were every team is equal?

I think the next thing the league should try is to increase regression. Having 10% regression doesn't do anything to players that earn well. They'll get it back in a season and will sit around 2000 TPE for too long. I say abolish the 10% tier and go straight to 15% for two or three seasons, then make it steeper from there. But then again, it's not like Hamilton is full of S40 players. It's hard to say if this would have any large effect.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 03:43 PM by marco999.)

1. Trivia

Verification Word: kaapo

+3 TPE

2. What if...

Let me start by saying that I'm getting a little bit tired of hearing about parity and nothing being done about it. We've had only four different teams in the finals ever since I joined the league. So with that in mind, let's take a look at a couple of stuff that could've prevented that from happening. Let's start with an easy target; the slap of the wrist Hamilton got after the draft. They're a team so tight with their budget that a hefty fine would have forced them to lose a player. Since they're only upper midfield TPE wise, losing a high salary player would mean that perhaps Baltimore would have been able to edge them out in the Conference Finals. This is all hypothetical sure, but still interesting. Then, I don't know when it was introduced, but the Hometown Discount is something that doesn't encourage parity. If you remove that rule, I bet that some teams would have to get creative to still keep their roster. These are two things that I think would be interesting what if scenarios, all hypothetical, of course. (185 words)

+3 TPE

6b. In the real world, I'd argue that both are equally impressive, but since we're in the SHL, I'd say that having a successful rebuild is more impressive. As it's been pointed out, only a couple teams made it to the Finals in the last eight season and to see a team joined the elite club after being at the bottom is more impressive in my book. (66 words)

6c. According to Merriam-Webster, a renegade is someone who leaves one group and joins another that opposes it.  Now I'm wondering what the Renegades are opposed to. There are no definitions for Steelhawk on Merriam-Webster, but I guess it stands for a Steel-colored hawk. I think Victor Helstrom was a SHL defenseman, but I couldn't find a link between the player and the two teams involved. (65 words)

+2 TPE

12. Milestones

Link - + 3 TPE

13. Parody

I've already talked about this in the second prompt, but here I go again. I think, in all honesty, that in its current state, the SHL has a huge parity problem. Not the SHL at large, because it's something you don't really have in the SMJHL, but the SHL, on the other hand, as a pretty big problem. Without a big and meaningful change, I think it will remain this way and it seriously makes me wonder if I will recreate or not when my player's career is over. I think we can all agree that some teams have figured out the sim engine and the sim engine has actually changed in FHM7, so I think it would be a good thing to change. Some teams will also test sim to death and the feature they're currently using (removing the Commissioner password) is unusable in FHM7. That would be a great way to get everyone I leveled playing field. I also think the budget system should be revised. There's no way a 2,000+ TPE can only count for 4mil against your budget with the hometown discount. This scale should be revised heavily if we want to have a little parity back in the SHL. (204 words)

+ 3 TPE

21. Feed my back (its hungry)

I wasn't a fan of the funnier prompts as I'm not a really good creative writer and english being my second language, so I actually really welcomed the two-prompts PTs. I like to write more about hockey and less about locker rooms or toilets. As for your salary, I think you fully deserve your 8 million salary. PT director is an ungrateful job and the load of crap you surely had to endure... this salary doesn't even come close to making up for it. Plus I'm sure you spend a lot of time to come up with these PTs only to get loads of crap from people about it. So I think this salary is more than deserved (118 words)

+2 TPE

Total TPE: 16/16

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Code:

old

Code:

a. As much as I hate to admit that SFP wasn't the ultimate opponent that caused Texas' route to be difficult, it's pretty clear that Hamilton had the more difficult path. Going by regular season standings alone, Hamilton had to go through teams ranked 12, 4, and 3. Texas only had to go through teams ranked 16, 5, and 8. Chicago was the only team to give them a bit of trouble.

b. It's much more impressive to go through a rebuild and become one of the elite teams of the past few seasons. Clearly Hamilton has found the keys to success and hasn't been willing to give them up for a very long time. Keeping the knowledge of success is so much easier than starting from the bottom and learning how to succeed one slow season at a time.

c. Victor Helstrom was a S16 Swedish player in the SHL created on June 28th, 2013. It's clear that Helstrom had a long and successful career after retiring on January 23rd, 2015. As for why Helstrom is included in this year's trivia, I have no idea, but what I do know is that the user Secord has exactly one reputation. It's from my friend @Matteo for having the same birthday as him. Interesting. I think this is Slash's way of telling us that @Matteo will be the new PT director.

d. It's hard to argue against a case being made for Aaron Wilson as the best player to play for either team. Just one look at his player page and you can tell that Wilson knows how to min/max. He's been well above a point-per-game player for the entire FHM era and is showing no signs of slowing down. He consistently makes all of his line-mates look good season after season.

Code:

+2
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3116582

Code:

So I knew the parity situation was a bit of an issue, but I never realized it was so skewed in the finals. The same 4 teams taking up the most recent 12 finals slots is kind of ridiculous and the same goes for 5 teams taking 16 slots. I think this comes from a combination of a few things. I definitely don't have the knowledge or experience to solve this, but to start, I think a few changes could be made to the salary cap. There should probably be another tier of minimum salary for players with 1800+ TPE. Right now there's no difference cap-wise between a team of 1600 TPE players and a team of 2000 TPE players. It feels too easy for teams to just assemble a roster of superstars and still be under the cap. In addition to this, prospects should count less towards the cap. This means that teams who are looking for future talent and giving players with lower potential a chance to make it in the league aren't prevented from also putting up a solid roster.

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

After waiting on the sidelines for multiple seasons, Kev Kevens is set to make a big splash in just his fourth year of international hockey in his seven season career. His first appearance in the IIHF is set to be a big one. Joining a strong Team Canada roster, I predict that Kev will store all his energy during the round robin phase. No goals for and no goals against while he's on the ice. Everyone will think he's a bust and doesn't deserve to be on the team. However, when playoffs roll around, I can guarantee that Kev will score every single game winning goal on the road to a gold medal for Canada.

Code:

The introduction of two PT prompts per week was a really good move in my opinion. That was definitely the biggest thing you did right regarding PTs. Another thing you did well was consistently posting all the tasks for the week on Sunday evening rather than Monday. It was really nice to have consistency and have time to complete things on the tail end of the weekend before a busy work week. My one and only complaint was that I came to expect this consistency and it was broken at one point. The one time you posted on a Monday (3on3 and Primetime #3), I was thrown off my groove and missed those tasks - first time I'd missed something in 6 seasons. Completely my fault at the end of the day, but if you're going to spoil us with consistent Sunday posts I just hope it can stay that way. Otherwise, fantastic work all around.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate