Create Account

S61 Championship Week

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3/16
theCCsux

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
The thing I would definitely change is that Michael Haan would be a Hall of Famer in the SHL. I mean, why wouldn't someone who was the #1 pick in the SHL and SMJHL Draft automatically be in the Hall of Fame? Okay, maybe that is a little too much, so let's look into the impact that Michael Haan had on his team. He carried a team on their defensive core all the way to at least 2 championships. Just a reminder that I am leading all users with the amount of Championships that I have in this league. So, this would be huge change, but it would not even change the entire landscape of the league. It is just another banner on the site and up in the rafters. See, that is not even something that has to change everything, so what would the harm? This is important to me and the player, so why not just do it?
Quote:Words: 160
6/16

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
I think if they made a movie about me, it would definitely go more into before and after the games. I think it would be cool to see what it takes to get ready and what it looks like to eat and sleep and maybe even practice before the games. I think an off the ice thing would be so fun. You could see the amount of Taylor Swift stuff that I watch and what I do to get amped. I think that we would have to have Taylor Swift in the movie, right? I think it really makes only sense that she be there. Maybe we would go to a concert or show everything after the concert. I am not sure if the concert would be allowed, so I guess I cannot promise that, but it would be cool to have it. I think that it would be kind of fun to be a HULU or Netflix special movie where people can watch it. It would be like the Mafia hockey show that there is now but it would be more on my life. It'd be more fun and interesting.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE /9
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Claimed 3 for Milestones

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
The Winnipeg Aurora definitely are building something nice. It really took a lot to break down the team and really get to the core of the players that want to be here as well as the ones that fit the timeline a little better. Winnipeg really needed to rebuild and really find it's identity. I believe that this next draft which we basically have been building for is going to be the identity of the team moving forward. This is going to be such a huge draft that will impact so much. This is really going to show who the core of the team will be as well as who we will be building around. I think we have some really great leaders in place of people who want to play for the team, so it's about building around those folks and continuing to develop. It'll be more than next season to develop a team. I'd love for it to be quicker than that, but I realize that it will not be.

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
Gosh, this is such a difficult question since there are so many people that I enjoy being here and ones that I wish came back. So, I guess the user that I wish came back was.. Seth. I don't know why, I went through the username list until I found one that I had an encounter with that has not been around in a while. Seth was my first SHL GM in the league way back in 2012 or 2013 and really got me invested into the league. It would be cool to see him come back, so why not him? I guess if I had to pick one, it would be him.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

1. Trivia (3)
Verification: Maximov

12. Milestones (3)

[Image: engishl.gif]
FranceMonarchsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsFrance

1. apples (3tpe)

6. a. This question is pretty straight forward. This whole season, and the whole playoffs Hamilton was going to be wining the cup regardless and were on a complete tear, completely different than last season. That being said I believe that Texas had the easier route to the finals because personally speaking I think Texas would likely struggle vs Baltimore. (58 words)
b.In my honest opinion both are impressive in their own right, however I believe building a team from the ground up is likely a bit more challenging and impressive because you really need to eliminate that loser culture that develops when you suck that bad, and have users really believe in the team while also expected to perform poorly for a few years.(63 words)
c.A renegade by definition is an individual who has deserted their cause or friend or religion. Effectively someone who goes against what they believe in, such as an outlaw I guess? And a Steelhawk who the hell knows , probably a hawk that fell into a steelmill and got smelted into a hot piece of steel in the shape of a hawk of course. And Helstrom who? (67 words)
d.Because I am way too lazy to even check who is on which team, and don’t really want to dig through history I will be choose Aaron Wilson for the Steelhawks because he had an over 100 pt season this past season, and for Texas I would choose Burloak Sulfurgold because of that name, I think he is on Texas. Also chose Sulfur because he put up some nice points and helped me not finish last in fantasy.(78 words)

12. Milestones + 3 tpe

13. To be completely honest with you, as of right now I do not think of it as an issue at all that there have been only 5 teams within the finals in the past 8 finals. Why you may ask? Well just like in any league there are some teams that tend to be on a high or rather in a position of strength with great talent and management however this does not mean they were always at the top. I do not believe that any one team has an unfair advantage over another, it is all about asset management and building a team that meshes well together and then pray like you have never prayed before that FHM decides to grant you that win because most of a the time, excuse my language FHM is a bitch. If these 5 teams are the same for the next 20 seasons then yea I would say it would be a problem, but I just see this as a few teams being on their high, except NOLA who died after reaching the top. (181 words) 3 tpe

14. So with regards to a team on the outside looking into the playoffs I really do not have a comment, I would like to say however that my team the New England Wolfpack are on the upswing, having come off a great season and a tough but expected loss to the Buffalo Stampede. However, if we are looking at teams that are looking to push towards the finals I can’t believe I am saying this but I really feel that Tampa has a real good shot at pushing for that in the near future. Additionally, Baltimore Platoon is a team that I feel will likely go on to win the cup in the next 1-3 seasons, or get very very close to doing so. I really think that Baltimore is about to become the team to beat, which makes me a bit disappointed because I wanted New England to exceed Baltimore however what Baltimore had just done last season is nothing shy of impressive, so all the power to them at potentially becoming a powerhouse. (174 words) 3 tpe

16 tpe total

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. Trivia Verification Word - Bangladesh (3 TPE)

3. I am obviously going to be biased when I say that the Season fifty-nine class will have one of the biggest impacts on the SHL. I think it might just be due to the fact that it was my first ever live draft, but I feel like there are some incredible figures there. And of course, I am very much biased towards myself. Being an early round pick, going to a relatively new team that is still finding its footing, I feel like I can be a huge factor for Seattle's history and make this class huge for establishing the changing of the elite guard and bringing the Argonauts to the top of the league. I think this draft also impacted the league well with the flamed out picks. It provided a few high picks who have since left. This might not be as seismic as a group as season fifty-three, but mark my words, there are gonna be some huge figures and leaders from season fifty-nine. (167 Words, 3 TPE)

4. For my young career, I think that a Biopic will focus on my draft story. I think that the waiver opportunity should be a big moment, you have to have the draft as an early success, and then focus on my career with the Carolina Kraken and my emergence as a top prospect. I think the playoff heartbreak needs to be shined on because we need to show my resolve and character as I endure. Of course, the expansion draft should be a shock twist for people unaware of my history, and seeing those behind the scenes conversations, and the milestones of me being named as the team's first captain, and becoming the team's first all star whilst also earning my first all star will be big. And then the film can end with me getting the call and taking a plane to Seattle to begin my career in the pros. (151 Words, 3 TPE)

12. Milestones (3 TPE)

18. There is only one user the SHL needs back more than ever in today's soft game. The young'uns have no idea how good they have it. And all the oldheads know exactly who I'm talking about. We need Rush! A rush of adrenaline and anger that only comes with a player who gets slighted by being picked in the early second round instead of the late first! We need someone who will go up to all of these stupid, bullheaded GMs and put them in their places! We need a man who thinks he understands Irish culture from watching Conor McGregor highlight videos. God damn it we need Rush! (109 Words, 2 TPE)

21. I think that as far as the stuff going right, it is that you have made these PT's far more memorable. I read the pill prompt for here and that was so much fun and it has stuck in my head since. Conversely, I think that sometimes you could add more detail. For instance, I quite liked the idea of the ring design prompt, and the site you mentioned definitely piqued my interest, but I would have loved to have had the link posted so I could try and find it. Actually, Slash if you read this, can you please shoot me a message with the site? All in all, I think you're doing a great job, and I really appreciate you doing two versions. I bet that has to take a lot of work and I just want you to know that I really appreciate it. (147 Words, 2 TPE)

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK
+3
word : clean

Code:
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!
okay lisen. Clean is not only best player bot is also most interasting player. wai? jost look at wen clean prezent itself. Most popoolar player creashion in shl all time. Yes. Than in joonior (lhmjnhk) clean becom qwikly best payer and dominayte leeg. Manwolf teem bild arawnd clean ontil they win cop. best teem. best player. moove on to major leeg clean join metal berds wer he agane is best player. Metal berd jost too strong they win all the time so wai keap best player if they win anywey ?? They trayde andrei for many 1st piks to WOLF teem (clean woolf agane). NEW teem is laik nhl bufalo so evan if clean is best player, noting to do. So after few seassons they let clean free for play wit ICE WOOLF (clean woolf agane). bizzard teem not want let andrei play line1 so they not win bot they try last 2 playof gaymes and realize clean is best player and teem is beter wit clean line1. So, next seasson we win. Eazy.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3118654

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?
Laik i hav explane befor, next seasson, BIZZARD ICE WOOLF win cop. they hav naw realize clean is best player and teem win if clean is line1. I hav experianse the sayme discraminashion befor wit SD in manwolf teem wer he not want put andrei line1. Bot after he onderstand, we win. Diferant leeg, same story. Naw EDMONTAN onderstand how we win and is wit best player hav most minootes on PP and on line1. also clean wil naw be at PEEK of carear wit most TPE ever ern in SHL history. imadjin best player wit most TPE wow so good. i invest evan MOR in ACCURASSY so i scor mor gols and we win mor. i have talk wit coch and teem grandmaster and they hav conclooded dat best stratedjy is to hav andrei invest more in player for cary teem to cop. it workd wit manwolf naw it work wit ice woolf. eazy. we win.

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

1. Trivia – Proudmoore (3 TPE)

12. Milestones 3 TPE

18. I’m bringing back the worlds best romantic partner and one of the nicest gooses I’ve ever met, Tez. Tez is too busy being a Canadian goose lawyer or something to have time for our silly little hockey league, and while I still talk to him semi-frequently in the Newfoundland locker room I want to have him return and become a player again. I understand real life comes first over fake hockey, but man I’d do anything to get Tez back into this league again. I believe that one day our favorite goose lawyer will return once he’s settled down with life and stuff, but until then I’m sitting here pondering about when that day will be. (2 TPE - 116 Words)

19. That pill pt was something else for sure. So many people deciding to take all the pills and simultaneously becoming super famous people who are pooping their pants uncontrollably, a truly winning combination. Now if this weird mystery pill guy approached me to make my own pills, oh man I have a lovely bunch of ideas. First of all, the issue is all the pills will be improperly labeled because I’m colorblind and I’m not entirely sure what colors are. So it’s a purple pill that’s labeled “blue?” and as a result the side effect isn’t accurate either. So while the purple pill is supposed to give you some serious skillz and the ability to juke out anyone, the blue? Pill on the other hand will make you juke out your own bowels. Yes it’s just another pill that makes you poop yourself. It’s funny, leave it alone. The other pill I’m making is a cool black and white pill designed by the grim reaper himself, and taking it turns you into a mother fucking skeleton. (3 TPE - 176 Words)

20. I’d like to take a minute to describe the absolutely hilarious affair that would be Evgeni Petrov trying to swap places with Bridget Westfall in PBE. Now while I think he could eventually adapt to the defensive side, it wouldn’t be easy. Evgeni’s entire game is sliding side to side to stop pucks, not chasing down fly balls. The first time a ball is hit over him and he’s in a panic trying to run sideways to catch it would make people burst out laughing. The downside is when people laugh at Evgeni he attacks them. So after the lawsuit he’d then attempt to hit the baseball. Not a noted stickhandler, Evgeni would be absolutely horrendous at attempting to swing. He’d seldom come close to making combat, complaining about the awful puck and how it seems to change direction every time its thrown without being tipped. This would lead to laughter and more assaults. Shortly after Evgeni gets released from Boise and Westfall is brought back, he’d get signed by the Sarasota Supernovas for the sheer entertainment value and because there’s not much else going on at that spot anyway. (3 TPE - 190 words)

21. I gotta say I’m really loving the PT prompts here so far. There’s a nice level of complete absurdity to them that differentiates them from the standard stuff. You can only write so much about breakout candidates and teams that won the offseason. You need more stuff about players popping random pills or getting arrested for robbing banks. It makes doing point tasks actually more enjoyable. The best advice I’d offer is continue down this path and continue to give us increasingly random ideas that make you go “what the heck is this guy smoking?” Those always yield discussion which in turn yields to greater league health. (2 TPE - 107 words)

16/16 TPE

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 12:09 AM by Jorec.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: twenty

9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Nashville moment
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: s61bannerold.jpg]

11b. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: Stats-Block.jpg]

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.
It is absolutely an issue. We have twenty teams in the league and only a few of them are getting a sniff at getting a Cup, season after season. One might make the argument that that there is parity in the league, and this isn't bad if the final teams were having some sort of struggle, but they don't. Season after season we see the same few teams dominating the league, while the rest of the teams get to wallow with no real chance to actually get a Cup. I've been in this league for most of it's existance and this has never been worse. As shitty as it could have been in the past, at least you'd have surprises. At least it didn't feel like the league was always being dominated by the same few privileged teams. I'm sure the players on those teams don't see a problem for some of us down in the muck, we'd like to see some hope of getting a Cup sometime in the next year or two.
174 words.

15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

I'm going to continue to predict the assent of Russia. Every year we get a little better, a little closer to winning a gold and unlike a great many other countries, we're doing it with born Russians. We don't need transfers like those other countries, we'll do it the honest way, the Russian way and end up with a gold in the end on the back of good old-fashioned Russian hard work.
For countries other than glorious Russia. I bet Japan sucks and the USA roster is very suspect. Canada will continue to dominate, and I'm sure one of the 'other' European countries will put on a good showing.
109 words.

21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

I've found the PTs for the last two seasons to be pretty good and pretty good is awesome. It's hard to get PTs right. If you make them too simple then you get cookie-cutter answers with no real fun involved. Make them too hard and you get people whining more then usual. The last two seasons have been just right. Some silly ones to blow off some steam being random and silly, some easy ones to grind out the TP and some more thought provoking ones and I really love all of the extra options given for the CW this season. Keep it up, you've been doing great!
108 words.

16 TPE

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:59 PM by 5ympathies.)

Code:

clapper

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

If I had to change one thing ever in the history of the SHL it would likely be me losing the Razov. I truly believe that despite my best intentions and efforts, I will not make the SHL Hall of Fame, unfortunately. Had I one one Razov instead of being nominated, that one individual award may be enough to push me over the edge. Probably a better moment to change would be me declining to re-sign with Hamilton? If I stayed with Hamilton and they continued to enjoy the amount of success that they have, I would have had at least 3, maybe 4 cups. Potentially some more Razov nom's as well depending on the deployment of myself. Anyway, what's done is done and I'm not upset about it, it's just easy to talk about for a prompt like this. Also fuck Hamilton for breaking STHS lol, can't let people forget that ever. Also Atlanta is going to win the cup this season.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

I believe the draft class that had the largest impact on the SHL (no bias) is S46. Honestly it's just the one I have the most experience with, the most exposure to and just the one I like the most? Large class of people, a lot of power first gens, both in terms of players and in terms of site users. Kalakar for example was the only simmer for so long and repeatedly picked up the slack of others especially J simmers that were busy. Dude also streamed on Youtube for free instead of taking the profits from twitch subs. Hella GMs from this class, you got SpartanGibbles who just got fired for being IA, you got my boy golden glutes, you got probably at least one other that I can't think about off the top of my head, but surely there were more people in the past 15 seasons. Power users, you got Michael Scarn, really good guy, you got 20 other players who hit 2k TPE, crazy shit.

Code:
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

Fade in from black, undrafted. I just showed up in Kelowna and got signed. Earned my way up through the lineup, started below that IA fucker Jack Icicle, and worked my way up to the top line. SHL Draft. 37th overall, drafted by New England, passed over by so many teams. Cut to now, 2nd most TPE in the draft class, still playing at a decent level in the limelight of my career. 1 cup, 2k TPE to my name. Got the donation badge, still waiting for the charity donation badge. Been like 6 months now, figure it out @nour. One key scene would defs be when we lost in game 7 of the finals to St Louis, one would be the year NEW made it to the finals and lost against EDM, S49? One would be when NEW won the presidents trophy and lost to HAM (shows character building), one would be the big trade for me and G to HAM, and me winning there, and then ofc me signing with ATL. I would play myself, g and dog would play themselves, nour would play himself.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

The best player to play for the Hamilton Steelhawks is likely yours truly. That is right, I am talking about myself. Back to back Razov nominations? Unbeatable. Also I definitely deserved to win at least once, fuck Chicago. Also won a Challenge Cup, should have won three in a row but oh well, we can't always win. If I didn't int myself by leaving the team, I prolly could have won 4 by now.

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 02:00 AM by Aleris.)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)

Trashman starring Conner Snooks is coming to a theater near you. But not a movie theater. It'll be in like theatre theatres. Debuting in Vegas but soon to be on Broadway. Full on Vegas Show style. Dancers, Singers, Music. All party, all the time. Just like my adoptive home. Las Vegas. The production would be about a small town kid, raised by sheep in the middle of Wales who had to work as a garbage man to get by. He gets spotted by a scout playing field hockey against sheep and gets sent out to Vegas where he wins (to be continued) the Four Star Cup for a struggling Vegas team. Of course taking a small time Welsh country boy and throwing him into a giant mega party city like Vegas will come with all the emotions. And this show will too. Heartbreak. Depression. Joy. Humility. and humor are all in store. Musical soundtrack provided by White Snake.

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

MemoryLapse

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

3 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

Parity is tough. Teams should be good for a few years. They should rise and fall. It creates good story lines. Look at the New England Patriots, the New York Yankees (or recently the Dodgers), or the Las Vegas Golden Knights. These teams are hated because they're always running deep into the playoffs and it has been sustained. And every league needs a villain. Historic teams are usually just always good. The Original Six in hockey, the Packers in the NFL. Certain organizations have a certain level of success expected by fans. Now one thing that's interesting with sim leagues, is there are no fans, no expectations, no budgets or money. It really comes down to luck. Did you get a good new/active user in your draft? Do you have a new GM who doesn't know the in's and out's of FHM yet? There are definitely factors that go into parity that are more human and hard to control. Really the best that can be done is a salary cap system. Making sure teams can't stack 2k TPE players, or if they do then they lack depth. It also gives the GMs the freedom to build their team and the challenge of fitting it to specific constraints.

Quote:15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold

I think Sweden will win Gold this year. It's Gunny's first year only GM, so there won't be any distractions from his team management. They'll also be reinforced by 3 new rookies Juni Panda, Jonathan Granstrom, and Dogwood Maple. Of course, the path won't be easy. Japan and Great Britain are still strong, and Great Britain will be coming in with a fire after losing in the gold medal game in OT to Japan. Silver I will go with Norway. Quietly the best roster in the IIHF. But I think Sweden will have that special something to overcome Norway in this years Gold Medal Game.

Quote:21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.
I think you've been doing fantastic. Definitely deserve the 8 mil (if not more). I appreciate the storylines and prompts, allowing me to think about how my player would react to certain (and sometime absurd) situations. I like how the prompts are different but weave into another creating a narrative throughout the season. I also enjoy, that options have been given to those who want a little more realism. Choices are good. I will say. This CW as a send down (and first time player) was hard. There were a lot of history based questions that are difficult for me to answer as a new user. But one or two of those questions are great, it may get people to look it up, or allows users that have used the site for a while to relive those glory days (before Discord lel). But I really do look forward to PTs every week!

If Trivia is right 16/16!

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 12:44 PM by kentakira.)

ignore this

Code:

Verification word: shape

Code:

S61 SMJHL milestones

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

The fact that the same few teams appear in the finals is absolutely an issue. I joined the league almost a year ago now, and I’ve seen four teams compete to win the finals. I think people who joined up to two seasons before me have also only seen the same four teams. That’s insane. It’s an issue because SHL is a huge time commitment, even compared to its other sister sim leagues. This encourages the feeling that unless you play for one of those four teams, you will not win a championship, and regardless of whether people follow through on it, it encourages the feeling that they should be looking to join one of those teams.

Apathy and boredom are the greatest threats to someone’s sim league participation, and watching the same outcomes repeat themselves absolutely leads to apathy. The only potential fix I can think of is to increase contract values, giving the effect of reducing the salary cap. This will make rostering higher TPE players more difficult, and lead to the best teams having to shave some TPE off their roster. (184 words)

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

As someone who discovered sim leagues through the ISFL and spent some time reading all the history and punishment threads, the user I would like to bring back to the SHL is Noble. Maybe it would be a really wholesome exercise in which we'd see that the kid had grown up and matured and no longer wanted to do shady things to try and gain an advantage, or maybe the fact that he's become even more popular in Saskatoon since his absence would bring out his dark side. If the community can forgive his past misdeeds, it could be a wholesome redemption story. If not, at least we'd have fun with lots of copypastas, memes, and likely some more punishment threads. This is not a very unproductive answer, but it'd be fun. (132 words)

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

Player Information

First Name: Franklin
Last Name: Fitzgerald
Position: Right Wing
Handedness: Right
Recruited By: Blasoon
Player Render: Josh McRoberts
Jersey Number: 17
Height: 6ft 5in
Weight: 208 lbs
Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 6
Getting Open: 8
Passing: 8
Puckhandling: 8
Shooting Accuracy: 10
Shooting Range: 10
Offensive Read: 8

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 2
Hitting: 2
Positioning: 8
Stickchecking: 2
Shot Blocking: 4
Faceoffs: 6
Defensive Read: 8

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 6
Agility: 6
Balance: 6
Speed: 6
Stamina: 6
Strength: 6
Fighting: 6

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 6
Bravery: 6
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
*Temperament: 15
*Professionalism: 15

*Indicates attributes that cannot be edited.

My ISFL player peaked at over 1500 TPE and is still one of the better players in the league, so I thought it'd be much more fun to use my newly created WSBL player. The inaugural draft is currently in process, so my WSBL player has 50 TPE. WSBL operates on a 1-100 scale rather than a 1-20 scale, however because the sim is weird shooting attributes operate on a 1-140 scale. I divided my shooting attributes by 7 and my non-shooting attributes by 5 to convert them, and assigned them to what seemed like the most similar attribute(s). We don't have any directly physical attributes besides endurance, which cannot be edited. As a result, I made those an average of my other attributes. I wasn't sure how to handle screening or faceoffs, so they got the same treatment. As you can see, my player would be the worst player in SHL history. As a wing player in WSBL, I made my converted player a winger and I would be surprised to see them score a single point in an SHL season. If I were lucky, perhaps the puck would rebound off me when I wasn't looking and I'd accidentally score a goal that way. (205 words plus the player page template above)

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min

As someone who doesn't know anything about hockey, I really enjoyed all the silly prompts that weren't very hockey-related. I think they catered really well to people like me who joined SHL for the community rather than for the hockey sim. However, I understand certain people not being thrilled, and wanting something more directly related to the sim. Coming up with two prompts for PTs, one fun and one hockey-related, is extra work that means that both those groups of people are happiest, and those without a preference can do whichever they prefer that particular week. No real criticism, I just wanted to thank you for all your work and say I appreciate it. You've been great. (117 words)

3+3+3+2+3+2 = 16 TPE

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

1. CW Trivia +3 TPE Verification word Blast

4. Biopic +3 TPE So the key scene of my so far biopic sets us in Carolina as Quebec City Citadelles take on the Carolina Kraken in game one of the SMJHL quarterfinals. The game has been raging but no one wants to score so the game has gone to triple overtime. Both teams are spent and The coach decides to  draw  up a play before the face off in the third overtime. I don't really remember exactly how he drew it up all I know is that it ended up working in our favor. We take the face off and when the puck back to the blue line one of the Defenders blasted in off the goaltender it bounces off his pads and I'm there the clean up the garbage in front and tickle the twine ending the game in the third overtime on what will be probably the biggest goal of my career.  These kinds of moments are the ones that make movies 
Code:
161 Words

4. +4 TPE a: I think Hamilton had the harder road to the championship because Texas did end up having to sweep so they had to play a lesser amount of games so I think Hamilton even though they didn't have to play game 7 still had the tougher Road just because they weren't sweeping everyone. Regardless of how the road went though it's still impressive to make the championship game.
Code:
67 Words

b. As a  former general manager another Sim League I have to say that building a team up from the bottom to make them a contender is actually tougher than keeping a team on top I've seen teams in PVE stay on top for what seems like ever but it seems like the teams that don't do well have a much tougher time getting to the top case in point when I was GM of the crabs I was a GM for Five Seasons and I never really improved in that 5 Seasons of matter how hard I tried. 
Code:
98 Words

c. Well  I've been asked to tell someone what a renegade is so I will go with the most obvious answer Renegade is a song by Styx and I guess if you wanted a more technical answer than I have to go with a renegade as somebody who's broken the law and tries to avoid the law so they avoid getting hanged. 
Code:
61 Words

d. I'm going to make a very soft case and pick Alexander Wachter  because honestly I haven't been around the league long enough to really know the history of either of these two teams are who their best players were so I'm just picking the best player currently on the team led the team in points but the team is plus minus and was also one of the top players in total on ice time.
Code:
74 Words

12. Milestone S61 +3 TPE

13. Parody +3 TPE Parody is good for the league personally because honestly in PVE it's kind of the same way where you always see Death Valley,  San Antonio,  and more recently you're seeing Indianapolis and New Orleans personally I would rather start seeing new teams and stuff the ones that nobody thought had a chance to make it to the championship rounds because that usually ends up being a big story and stuff everybody ends up talking about and I think it's good for the league to see other teams make the championship for a change and said the same four or five teams every season.  I'm sure the team that I used to be on in PVE with the same way of the Providence crabs but the difference was we didn't win the championship every year I think we ended up going to like seven or eight straight championships  and we only ended up winning one of them and typically when we lost we lost in heartbreaking fashion but overall I think it's better for the League's when there are different teams in the Championships. 
Code:
183 Words
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 01:25 PM by kentakira.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
ltesgo

Code:
Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour

Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.
[Image: LMO7JfO.png]

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Zine

Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: erdf4gh.png]

Code:
Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Nashville moment

Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the
teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: Xd4hilW.png]

Code:
Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC
finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting
back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why
this player deserves it over any other.
ok so MVP huh? i don't know if this only me or the other think the same too, but yeah for season 61 MVP gotta go to Aaron Wilson from Hamilton Steelhawks, i really don't know how other pick MVP, all i know from NHL 2021 season Connor McDavid won it with an unanimous vote after leading the NHL with 105 points (33 goals, 72 assists), just like McDavid, Aaron Wilson lead the SHL season 61 with 104 points (34 goals, 70 assists) well well, didn't see that Aaron Wilson almost have the same number like Connor McDavid, so i think just like Connor McDavid won the Hart Memorial Trophy, i think Aaron Wilson also will win Ron Mexico Trophy

22. PBE Affiliate +3
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 06:01 AM by Highhaschdi.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Feuersalamander

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the
person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

+1

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup