Create Account

S61 Championship Week

PBE Affiliate +3
1. CW Trivia Yes Victor Helstorm  +3
12. Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119766 +3
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
I believe that Hamilton had the hardest path to the finals because for one they play in the east which is the harder conference do not at me on that. We both know I am right and you only want to argue because you play in the west. It is ok the east is just better.
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
 I will always be on the side of a good rebuild. I takes a lot of time to get there and to keep everyone positive when you are dealing with bad games and bad luck all around. When you are constantly good you'll have people who dip out at the slight adversity. Rebuild is better.
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
 A renegade is an individual who rejects lawful or conventional behavior. Other terms would be a outlaw or rebel. A Steelhawk is a bird of prey made of steel. Maybe even a war plane. Victor Helstorm is someone i do not know but was important for the cw trivia question.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

The best current player on the Hamilton Steelhawks is Mitchel Van Der Heijden. The best player to ever play for the Hamilton Steelhawks was none other than Bork Lazer. It was up until now the Steelhawks havent won since Bork Lazer left, word is Bork Lazer gave them some pointers for this series.

+4
#4. Biopic +3
A biopic of Bork Lazer played by Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar will act and perform all stunts in the fil. Brock lesnar will show the good times of playing in Anchorage but coming up short of winning a championship. Holding up the WJC gold medal for team USA. Then transferring to Team Norway and learning the language and culture. Getting drafted to New Orleans and not fitting in. Testing free agency and getting an offer sheet as a restricted free agent. Brock Lesnar would then depict how it was to be in the shadow of the great player in Hamilton winning two championships with the Steelhawks but wanting more. Asking the General Managers to let him be exposed to in the expansion draft to prove he can lead the teams and be a main event for the defensive line on a team. Being picked as the number one expansion draft prospect. And finally finding a home in Philadelphia.

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 07:46 PM by honkerrs.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Victor helstrom

bonk

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+ 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119786

Total: +5 TPE

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 11:49 AM by suavemente.)

Championship Week

3 TPE - 1. rewewrawererw

4 TPE - 6. 
A. Hamilton and Texas both had it pretty easy but I would say Texas had it far easier as they didn't have to face the Platoon. With the Platoon taking more games off of HAM than Texas you can easily say they were a tougher customer than the Texas team. BAP is the godkiller team.
B. I think Hamilton’s dynasty can be best explained very simply, they use computers to play the game for them. Rather than looking for creative new solutions, they simply break sim engines through repeated automated testing. They are mad lame and I don't think that’s a hot take, Texas is far more impressive cause they put in the hard work themselves.
C. A renegade is a badass, someone who goes against ethical and morale codes because they can. Most Anti-heros are renegades as they have no concern for public perception or glory. They do what they want when they want. A steelhawk, I had to google, is a carnival attraction spinning top thing that is usually found roadside and being operated by an inebriated carnie. Often these unmatienenced death traps end up maiming someone at least every year.
D. the Acrnoymed monstrosity MVDH (Mitchell Van der Heijden) is the best Ham player by a longshot. This being said due to the broken nature of their team strategy I would say all his accomplishments are overshadowed. He could have been an amazing superstar but instead he is the benefactor of sim breaking. Texas’s best player is Alexander Watcher, A cool guy with probably a great taste in jeans and jazz music.

2 TPE - 7.
[Image: image.png]

3 TPE - 12. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119787

3 TPE - 14.
I think the absolute best team to put money on breaking into the finals is the Baltimore Platoon. They are a dedicated bunch with great leadership from JR and Sheep. We are a hungry team and taking more games off Hamilton than any other team in the playoffs says a lot. It’s funny how Slash mentioned Tampas rebuild going well but didn't mention us despite us bodying them in the playoffs. We love this though, this discounting and naysaying just motivates Baltimore even more. We will have that cup, at whatever the cost. We will make hard choices, and because we have such a tight nit group sometimes the moves a team has to make to get the glory is so much harder. We all work together and do not see any team as unbeatable. In fact I think most teams dread playing us, they know it will not be a easy match. Also who can top our goalhorn: “Alexa, Play Roses.”

2 TPE - 18. If I could bring back any one person to full activity including discord it would be Al Kayhall. Dude was an absolute saint when I first joined the league with Halifax raiders. He was the first to give advice and tips on submissions, no question was too dumb for him. A fantastic resource and introduction to the league he would be my choice for league ambassador every day. He was who got me hooked on SHL and I don’t think I would be able to hit 2k if it weren’t for his inspiration! AL COME BACK WE MISS YOU AND I WANT YOU TO SEE OUR PROGRESS.

16/16 TPE

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max 

Verification word: parm

8. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: kondos1a.jpg]

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody

I hate to say it but I think the league is broken again. Everyone thought Hamilton broke the league and the sim engine when they did that lame all scoring no passing thing in sths, but I think it's worse now because being forced into fhm you will never see the middle of the road teams be able to make runs to the finals like you could in sths. In sths you could have an above avg or even avg tpe team with a hot goalie and good coaching make a run to the finals and win the cup. That doesn't happen in fhm. We've seen the same teams in the finals every season in fhm, it's all about team tpe. If you can manage to have all your guys peak at the right time and fit in under the budget, you'll have a chance to go to the finals and win the cup. The highest tpe teams win now. Honestly it's kind of lame but it's where we're at so at least everyone knows what they have to do to win the cup. Everyone but the top 3-4 tpe teams basically bide your time and have fun in regular season, maybe win a round in the playoffs, then lose to the eventual cup finalists, probably getting swept. Pick up and work toward next season, while trying to create a group that is all within 3-4 draft seasons of each other so you can have as many 1500+ players as possible at the same time. That's the SHL of today, thanks Hamilton.

14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing

I honestly think Calgary is on a great track right now to become a very scary team in the future. About 5-6 seasons from now I think we'll see them start to make runs to the finals consistently every season. Izzy, Katth and Wally have built an awesome new group of players that should all peak around the same time. As we know in order to win in fhm you need a team of 1300-2ktpe players and once you get that you can make some serious noise especially with a good coach like wally. The Dragons prospect group is fantastic right now with stars like ASM, Valor, Mandossen, Koff, Mackenzie, Zhen Roza and recently called up Eero Makela, Richard LaFleur, #A-Rye Izzy and Lukas Lijla. This group is all within a few draft classes of each other, all super prospects max earning and active. When they peak the Dragons will be dominant and they also have other hight tpe players not in regression yet like Chris Goodname and Cale Amundsen. I'm sure Izzy will continue to make great moves and build even more on this core group. I think in 5-7 seasons they will win a cup in fhm, I plan to be a line 3 defensive plug by then and hang as long as I can to help them win it all.

18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back

I would love to see gorlab back re-instated and going balls to the wall with full activity like when I first joined the league. He'd have some people running for cover. He was a teammate in Calgary my first season and I later GM'd him for a few seasons before he was banned. He bled dragons red and didn't take shit from anyone, a bit of an enigma to those that don't know him but deep down he is a good person, I even invited him to one of my dynasty hockey leagues and he's been an active manager there for like 5 years now maybe more with no issues. I would loved to have had him here during the switch from sths to fhm and all the b.s with hamilton, he would have dropped some people like nobody has ever seen. Love him or hate him gorlab is entertaining and loves sim leagues, so I'd like to see him come back and keep things 100. Even though sometimes as his GM I asked him to keep it like 90.

21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry)

I think you are doing a good job in what is often a thankless job on the site, so keep up the good work and don't let anyone or anything get you down. Keep bringing fresh new ideas but don't go too nuts lol. I think you have had some fun ideas like the pill and adding the 2nd option was a great idea, I think that helps when people may not be into a specific idea they now have an alternate, etc. Personally I like hockey related point tasks, about the game of hockey itself or relating to you player or your team and of course food. Moving forward I'd like to see you incorporate food into your point tasks more, at least once a season. I mean everyone loves food, I think it's time for another 'create your arena's concession stand menu naming 5 food items after your teammates'. Other than that no suggestions, great job keep it up.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

1. Trivia - 3 TPE
Katth

3. Draft Kings - 3 TPE
The draft class that had the most impact in the SHL is obviously the season 46 reddit class. That class was the biggest draft class this site has ever seen. Many of these players went on to win cups, individual awards and reached 2K TPE. Also a lot of them went on to take import jobs on the site as either a director, HO or as a GM. I was drafted to Kelowna in the SMJHL together with Karlstraße Scholz, Dick Clapper, Guy Zheng and Bobby Sharp. All of them made 2K, which is extraodinary. I can't think of any other draft class that has had such a big impact on this site as the season 46 class. Over 200 players were available for the draft in the SMJHL and I'm not sure how many were left for the SHL draft, but there were many. Must have been a hell of a job for GM's to scout.

4. Biopic - 3 TPE
Barry Batsbak is from a simple farmers family in Canada that once immigrated from the Netherlands. He started skating on a pond in a nearby field close to home and started playing for the local hockey team. In season 45 he was drafted to the Kelowna Knights and a year later to the Calgary Dragons. His biggest moment of his career was the season 50 Challenge Cup win, scoring 2 goals in a game 7 that was the end of a reverse sweep against the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Other games of his career that made a big impact was losing a game 7 to the St. Louis Scarecrows with the Kelowna Knights. A game that has haunted Barry Batsbak for many years. After the season 50 cup win, Calgary had a lot of playoff hurt. Not winning a single series untill season 59. Over the years Barry Batsbak has become a true leader of the team.

8. Zine - 3 TPE

[Image: image0.png?width=507&height=676]

11a. The Procrastinator Special! - 2 TPE
The real MVP is coach (and now co GM) Wally. Being able to create a competing team out a team that's regressing with a lot of rookies is unbelievable. He's won coach of the year last year, but he should win it again this year. What he has achieved is amazing. Calgary is 15th or 16th in TPE in the league and we almost won the division. We won our first series quite easily and had all close games in the second round which we unfortunately lost to the Edmonton Blizzard (fuck 'm). So to me the real MVP is Wally!

12. Milestones - 3 TPE
3 milestones

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Blast

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

I like to think that even though I do play for the Anchorage Armada, a team that basically lives in the water hence why i always around, so even though I do play for Anchorage, I like to think that I am already in a major movie that is centered around my career as a hockey towel instead of just an ordinary towel. It would only make sense to keep me, Towelie (a towel for your information), it would only makes sense to keep me around, I fit perfect into any slot, mainly the ones that hang on the wall that are specifically made for, but there are unlimited possibilites for how we can start, maybe like a flashback where im hanging on a towel rack and the movie is like "how did we get here [major rewind button]." The biggest impact a player of my caliber would bring to any action movie , would be my ability to the team calm and cool, even under the most intense pressures. I would improve any great films studios chances of "winning the cup" by at least 420%.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Zine
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-10-17_at_9.46.21_AM.png]

Code:
Milestones

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

The International Ice Hockey Federation Tournament and The World Junior Championship Tournament are known to be a special time for the kingdom of the Czech Republic, so it should come as no surprise when/if we are very good in either the IIHF tournament or the WJC Tournament, but it will not be both. For reasons unknown to me, the sim likes to give us either a great year in the WJC (also know as a gold medal) or a fighting chance at gold, more like silver guaranteed, or a bronze in the IIHF. Maybe one day we will win the gold.

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Onto the next
Design a season preview for your team/player next season. Highlight a stat you upgraded/will upgrade, or a player your team will call up from juniors. Make it snazzy.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-10-17_at_10.28.27_AM.png]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 01:47 PM by FinnRhys.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
umm

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)
Just because I have not had enough coffee yet and I am running into a deadline to knock this thing out, I am going to go with something that is fresh in my head from some of my other answers to the Championship Week tasks: the Hamilton passing-gate fiasco. I am going to come completely out of left field and off the top rope (like my mixing of athletic metaphors?) and say that instead of a normal punishment the Steelhawks franchise should have been disbanded and dissolved completely. The management should have been banned for one season and the non-GM players should have been parsed out via free agency or an impromptu draft. I think something so severe and harsh (which I will admit it is) would send a clear message that the league is for FUN and camaraderie more than for winning, and that cheating to those ends will never be tolerated. Ok, I think that was 150 words so you can now ignore everything I said because I just needed the word count (at least I’m being honest and not cheating like Hamilton did).

Code:
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!
The key scenes in any biopic about FR Finn-Rhys will have to start with him being picked up by the Halifax Raiders as an undrafted free agent and then being a top 5 pick in the SHL draft. You will have to follow his ups and downs in the league as he wins personal accolades but struggles to get back to a cup finals. Ultimately, he will likely end up as Jaromir Jagr and never quite be able to stop playing the game. For the cast, you are going to have to get Mariner Moose to play me (since he’s a relatively mobile moose) and then you can just shoot the film documentary style for everything else (very blair witch project-esque). I think to make it most compelling, you will absolutely want to kind of just follow FR Finn-Rhys around as a long term film project and tout it as an insiders type scoop kinda like HBO’s behind the scenes NFL shows. Boom! Instant Oscar and SAG awards!

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
a. Texas had the harder path to the finals in my opinion. I am wholly unqualified since I do not really even pay attention but I just do not want to give Hamilton credit. I will admit, I have no good reason to not like Hamilton, I just don’t like them. It is kind of like how I hated the Dallas Cowboys growing up or why I disdain the Yankees. They’ve never done anything to me, I just don’t like “dynasties”. I am always for the underdog.
b. Fuck! Of course this question is going to make me have to give at least a little credit to Hamilton. I think their continued success is impressive and they clearly know how to put a good team on the ice (albeit, I am still wary since the passing-gate of previous seasons). That said, I think it is just as impressive to take a 9 win team and turn them into a rags to riches story. Now if Texas continues to build a “dynasty” then I will have to start lumping them in with Hamilton for drawing my ire.
c. Honestly, I don’t know and I don’t really care what or who any of them are. I just need the TPE at this point. If you are going to force me then a renegade is “a person who leaves one group, religion, etc., and joins another that opposes it” and a steelhawk is… well apparently it is actually a rollercoaster… or it’s a literal hawk made of steel. As for Helstrom, he’s probably an uber-fan of the TV show of the same name.
d. Fuck! Who are their players? I’m going to say for Hamilton it is Aaron Wilson just because of his consistency and for the Renegades it is Josef Kubinec because he was on my minors team in Halifax and he is just a totally all around righteously good dude. Like seriously, super nice guy that made me feel welcome in the locker room as a totally new guy to the SHL.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
S61 Milestones

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Code:
Word: Lazyeye

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.
[Image: HZCX7Yo.png]

Code:
11b. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: NOUkGeb.jpg]

Code:
Milestones +3 TPE
Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Onto the next
Design a season preview for your team/player next season. Highlight a stat you upgraded/will upgrade, or a player your team will call up from juniors. Make it snazzy.
[Image: Zn6UXzE.jpg]

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?
If I were to bring back anyone, I'd bring back King. He was so passionate about the SHL and was great in the locker room. I was on the same SMJHL and SHL tram with him and he was always active and engaging everyone. He really brought the locker room together. I'm not exactly sure why he left but he definitely left a void that couldn't be filled in our locker room.  He also got me my old graphics head job which still has ramifications today with the new grading scale. He left his mark on this league and is missed. 101 Words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
3/16
Traphouse

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
6/16

I would write a movie about how I started rising up in the league fairly quickly. Probably focusing how a mid tier player on the ice became the Co-GM after playing for them for 4 years. It would 100% be a hockey comedy because everyone knows its a god teir genre. I dont know if adam pelech has great acting ability so the next obvious choice is Adam Sandler. Birdman played by Danny Devito, Jumbo as the rock obviously, Jess (mentor turned failed love interest) would be Melissa Benoist. Jurt would be some french actor with a beard that only speaks in french the entire movie but everyone ignores that and acts like they know exactly what hes saying the whole time (kind of like kenny in south park). I dont know how the movie would end per se, I think that would be up to esteemed director Quentin Tarantino but I would like to see it as a comedic version of uncut jems, maybe a mix of uncut jems and billy madison with some goon and a pinch of money ball thrown in

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

8/16

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119810

Quote:13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

11/16

I don’t think its ideal but I also don’t think it calls for massive changes. Let me start by saying what I dont want. I don’t want parity to be so high that every season everyone has a chance, it would just make for a less genuine experience. If Teams can continuously produce while having minimal/low draft picks then they just did a very good job drafting and should be rewarded for that. Those same teams should be at a massive disadvantage for many seasons over that. If they are able to avoid that by making trades that benefit them way more then it should, or manage to scrape by their window by using their players extremely effectively thats fine to. I just would have problems if they did it through ‘sketchy’ means like a boys club team where player refuse to play for anyone else. It may make it harder for other teams, but that just sucks its the same for real hockey too.

Quote:14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?
14/16

I think the next team that will break into the bubble of the top tier of teams is the tampa bay barracuda. They’ve accrued a great group of players and that planning will most definitely pay off soon.  I think my own team the San Fransisco Pride will be right them on the come up right after them. Henrik and Smith have done an amazing job drafting as well and I am extremely confident that our time will come very soon as well.  I love to see teams coming out of a successful rebuild and cant wait to see the current rebuilding teams taking over the top spots in the league.No team can win eternally but that doesnt mean its easy to just wait your time. You really need to actively have a plan forward and have obvious progress that is apparent in the LR and I think that these two teams fit that description perfectly  (not that im in TBB LR but I just assume) and will have banners on the site for seasons to come.

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?
16/16

This is an easy choice for me, Demolish was at the top of my class and was an amazing user. Dude was as productive with earning as you could possibly hope to be. We both ended up on Colorado and Demo proved to be a record breaking, gem of a goalie that did nothing short of making life hell for other teams. Whether it was just general loss of interest, or problems being a goalie I’m not too sure. But I know he would have gone down in history as one of the SHL’s best goalies ever if he kept with it.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:56 PM by spooked.)

17/16

Code:

Banana

+3

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

This is it, the chance to change the SHL in a way that no one else has ever seen. If I could change one thing about the SHL I would like to try running the sim on NHL for one season just to see how it works. How do player builds changes, what does that game end up looking like for something like the SHL where the league balance in skill is extremely removed from realism, and it would really make it all that more accurate when we label GMs as NHL Career mode GMs. There are a ton of negatives to doing something like this, but I could see it become within the realm of discussion if the game is ever ported to PC with some kind of reasonable mod support, but with a yearly release cycle etc. it is fairly unlikely it ever happens but if it did the league would look entirely different. The sim engine really impacts the league a lot, and thinking about what a different one would look like is always fun. 178

+3

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

The season 46 reddit draft class is one that will always stick out as one that really impacted the site. It was the biggest class the site had ever experienced and many of the players from the class went on to have some very important places in the league and on the site itself. We have seen some of them involved with HO and as GMs, as well as several 2K plus players like Scholz, Clapper, Zheng, Sharp… There is probably only a handful of other singular classes that ended up with such a huge impact on the site, I cannot think of any right now although I can recall some others with large impacts in their own right. Just the sheer size of the class itself was something that the site really needed to figure out what to do with, which is never an easy thing to do. I can only feel bad for all the people in charge of trying to get the site into a state to bring in all those players and keep as many around as possible. It is just unimaginable how you could approach that job without having a huge headache. 197

+3

Code:

The career of Arsene Leclerc is one of true interest. Having entered the SHL in Season 58 after being taken early in his draft by the Minnesota Monarchs, Leclerc has had a fairly rough go of things. Despite having upward trajectory on his career as a whole, improving his offensive and defensive play each season so far, the Monarchs have had a rough go of it. Having come onto the roster well into a decade long playoff drought, the team was uplifted by a rule change expanding playoff spots to 8 per conference, but with little hope in sight to topple the giants of Texas and Chicago, Leclercs career has been one filled with personal and professional challenges. Not only is he facing the challenge of being a young player in the SHL, he is also on a team struggling to find their path to success, as well as having to live in a foreign country without the support of his nearest family and friends. 165 w

+3

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Congrats Hamilton, again, we all know that Hamilton knows how to win better than anyone else and that all the other teams in the league should likely just start copying their playstyle and strategies from now on, and with the series itself ending in a sweep, I don't think anyone can really argue that the Steelhawks are simply just a cut above the rest of the league at this point. I really think the irony of this playoffs is that no singular player on Hamilton really carried the torch that maybe Aaron Wilson did during the regular season. I think with a solid .940 save percentage throughout the playoffs, and having solid performances throughout the 4 games in the final it is arguably Jobin, their goalie who should claim the MVP for not only the series but the entire playoff run. Only losing 2 games in regulation all playoffs, posting less than 2 goals against per game, with 5 shutouts in less than 20 games is a ridiculous set of stats even with it being from a Hamilton goalie.

+2

Code:

LINK

+3
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:44 PM by Mr. Finland.)

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to Hamilton, woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

It's easy to pick A Jobin, A stand for Awesome. His playoff run with his team was awesome. He played 19 games, won 16 of those, 1.51 GAA and 5 shutouts and abysmal 94% save percentage. Definitely Playoff Most Valuable Player in my view. He is nice person too at Detroit Locker room and I love Mol, Rilo and Titus a lot! His impact in and out of the game is big and it would be pleasure to party with him if he win that nomination. Of course the team is doing best with him, but that's kind of amazing run for whole squad, but in my opinion Jobin was the biggest part of it.

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?

I'm waiting a lot for my own team Atlanta Inferno. We're middle of rebuild I think so and it's slowly time to rise to shine at Atlanta. We have a lot of great talents here, our previous drafts goes very well and I'm kind of confident that at future we  can really breakout to the playoffs and challenge all other teams. We have very strong center talents and it will be fun to see how things goes later. They also got me almost free from Buffalo or did they? Well, Buffalo won one Cup after I left, so I think that was win win trade to both teams, since it definitely help Buffalo protect important players at extension draft. It's also interesting to see which kind of wingers I will get side to me, will they be snipers or hard two-way forwards and we will dominate the league with physical ability, or will it lean purely skills?

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

I would love to see if some surprises will gonna happen. Big teams are biggies of course, names like Canada, United Kingdom, USA, Finland etc. I hope that my National team Switzerland could be black horse of that tournament. We have a lot of good talent and few the most skilled players of SHL. Our weakest point might be goalies, since our previous goalie Tegenarko resign from hockey. It's fun to see how's things is going to be, but I will not be sad if it's not our time, yet. I have to say that I love our national team locker room and the atmosphere there a lot. Thank you all!

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

Haha. I like this one. I would definitely send a lot of those pills to Hamilton, which will make sure that players will have very rouugh diarrhea, so their form will dive down and we can someday beat them. I would also give pills to my teammates which will raise their vision and other important skills. I would also make a lot of pills which will taste great at oets opinion, but in reality it's kind of worm cure, so every pet owners could handle that with a lot of easier than now, when they almost need force to swallow it, lol. But luckily few of those pets are so loved to treats that they will swallow worm pill as fast as possible, if they see there is another treat coming after that, great example is Rilo! But yeah, there would be three different kind of pills which I would produce and change the situations a little bit. Of course Hamilton will not be main target every season, just change the target team every season.

Code:
Milestones (3)

Link to Milestone post

Code:
Trivia (3)

nashy

-----------------------------------------

2+3+2+3+3 = 13 + Trivia, if it's correct, means 16 TPE to A. Mihailov

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Code:

Verification Word: mins
+ 3 TPE | 3 Total

Code:

I'm only going to outline my J career so I don't end up writing an essay here. If there was to be a movie on my player, Nicholas Owens, career I think it would definitely have to start at probably the most important and pivotal event that started the careers of every SHL player, the SMJHL draft. Nicholas Owens went 2nd overall in this draft to the Anaheim Outlaws who where at the time being managed by Brandon Donini and SpartanGibbles (sorry if you have a name for your manager Gibbles, I just can't easily find it atm). Next the movie would transition into Owens struggles to fit in on the team (reflecting my inactivity in the LR), and the underwhelming rookie season he had which established himself as a physical defensive defensemen, but who was overall a bit of a black hole on offense. Despite all that, in the next key event of the movie, Owens would be drafted first overall to the Buffalo Stampede. Then, the movie would probably shift to the disappointment of the S51 four star cup run where the Outlaws where just short of having the chance at the cup. Finally, the movie would end with the "One Last Heist" which was for this Outlaw roster, a lot of player's final season down in the J. The last shot they would have at the Four Star. Led by a new crop of rookies and (not rly) old veterans, the Outlaws would make a miracle run in the playoffs to get that Four Star cup. 

WC: 259

+ 3 TPE | 6 Total

Code:

a. I think the Hamilton Steelhawks had the the harder path to the final. It might not really look like it from how the rounds went, but I think overall BAP and BUF are better teams than EDM and CHI. BAP and BUF where 3rd and 4th overall in the standing, and probably the only teams out of the east that had a chance at the cup this season besides Hamilton
b. I think Hamilton staying on top of the league for the last 10 seasons is overall more impressive. This is not to discredit the work of the Texas gms of the past and present, but I think at some point every team will go through their period of peaks, but sustaining that peak is something else entirely.
c. A renegade is someone who abandons a set of principles or where they are from. They are outlaws and rulebreakers. As for a steelhawk, honestly this one is kind of hard to say because I am not sure if that is something from Canada that I am just not aware of but I guess they are just a hawk made of steel?
d. I am only going to consider current players because I don't want to sound like a doofus as I don't know too much history of either franchise. That being said, Aaron Wilson is probably the best player on the Steelhawks. He has been consistently dominant in the FHM era, and just this last season put up a monster season that will go down in the history books as one of the greatest for a player.

+ 4 TPE | 10 Total

Code:

Link

+ 3 TPE | 13 Total

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seaso
ns.

I think as a sim league, yes this is an issue in the league. Without having parity, over time players will lose interest in the league as they are not able to adequately have a chance at the cup. I think this season was a good example. I think a lot of us kind of just accepted the fact that Hamilton would win and dominant this season and that there was little we could do about that which is exactly what happened. Can this be fixed? I'm not sure. I'm not super familiar with FHM so there is some lack of knowledge there on my part but I am just not sure there is anyway to fix it that would sacrifice another part of the league. For example, if we went harder on cap than a lot of people would be furious about leaving their team. If we changed the update scale once again, then I think every player would just be elite, we would lose a part of awarding the hard work of users. This isn't to say there is no solution, just not that I can think of at the moment. 

WC: 193

+ 3 TPE | 16 Total

1. 3 TPE
Verified

4. 3 TPE
Hello Film Studio guys. I have a very good idea what to do for the next promo video about the SHL with me being the center of action. With the Atlanta Inferno being an up and coming team maybe somewhen in the season, it would just make sense to point out their very first draft pick ever. The whole movie is centered about the up and coming unknown hockey player Michael Withecheck, who got not selected in the S56 draft before the Atlanta Inferno were on the clock the first time in their history somewhen in the middle of the second quarter. The film starts with some pre draft scenes of scouting and getting to know Michael Withecheck a little better. Then the big day comes, and draft is shown. How he falls in the draft, and show some reactions to it. Then there are highlights from every season Withecheck played, with the minor league title in Anchorage, then being traded to St. Louis. Also being called up and developing on and on. Nice little movie, right?

13. 3 TPE
I have no idea how the league or parity was before the FHM era, I only heard about very confusing and upsetting stuff of the old sim. On the one hand it sounds fine and nice to have some randomness, but is it really what we want to have? Yes,  there are only 4 teams for a while in the finals, but they are just built pretty well. Every team has the chance to build up a good and competing team, the problem is to keep your players invested for a really long time to get where you want. The redestribution and restructure of the TPE scale could have helped a little to provide better parity in the league. Those top teams are just build at the current time. Wait for a few seasons longer, and things could have changed. Baltimore Platoon is on the rise, and made it to the semis this season already. Atlanta Inferno made it to the semi finals last season, and they aren't considered a top team. Their build isn't complete just now, but they are developing pretty well. There was absolutely no surprise this season, that's true, but that doesn't mean there is no parity. If we blow that all up, what is the reward for building a good team?

15. 2 TPE
In this IIHF season we will see some surprises from smaller countries on the rise. Let's take a closer look at Austria. A sometimes belaughed federation could make some noise already this season, and probably will turn from outsiders to contenders over the next few seasons. They are a very young group, which is motivated and will try to turn the tides for them. After some lackluster seasons with a lot of young talent, these talents contintued to develop and grow stronger and into SHL starters. If they can get their potential on the ice, you will be surprised how they hold up with the top nations of the tournament. If they don't show some flashes this season, you will be excited to see them in the next few seasons of IIHF. This group is going to go strong soon.

21. 2 TPE
What you definitely did good was, that you provided point tasks regularly and mostly on time. For real though, it was nice to see some change to the same tasks over and over again. What is really cool and showed the flexibility of the whole department is the two tasks you could choose from. Don't take it too closely if people hate on you or the point task department, people like to complain about all different stuff that is not worth complaining about. But you are the one who has to deal with it, and I get that it gets to you, especially if it's malicious stuff. Just continue providing the tasks and your creativity, then everything should be just fine. Oh, and maybe grade stuff a little faster, sometimes it takes ages to get your TPE form point tasks or other stuff.

12. 3 TPE
Milestones

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

PBE PT +3

12. Milestones +2

[Image: duncan_png.png]

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK

Verification word - Sunday

PRESENT

Code:

3 TPE

FUTURE

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)

I am going to be a big time homer here and say the New Orleans Specters will be a very scary, no, scratch that, a very spooky team to play against in the very near future. After a several seasons of being a contender immediately after they became a team, we have gone through some growing pains as of late. However, after some rough seasons which gave us some favourable draft picks, we have a very young core that will be looking to compete very soon. Having been there already, both on the winning and losing side, my player, Lyle Odelein III, hopes to return to the big dance with this young core and hopefully add another few Challenge Cups to his resume. A lot of things can happen in the SHL but the Specters returning to the promise land is something I really think will happen sooner than later. We just have too many solid players / users that it is just a matter of time. And come on, how much longer can Hamilton and Buffalo dominate. I really hope the answer to that is not much longer!

BEYOND

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min

I’ve been in the league for a while now, but the only user that I knew kind of personally and left unceremoniously was the one and only, Pen Knight. We joined the league right around the same time and we both had players named after real NHLers from the 90s-ish. Odelein and Zalapski were players I knew well from my younger years, and when I saw an article submitted by Pen Knight that referenced Doug and Bob from SCTV, I reached out to say hey. He seemed like a nice dude and then we both got drafted to NOLA, but it didn’t last long, he quickly said some pretty stupid shit and then doubled down on it and then to most people’s happiness, he just went away. Do I want him back? Not at all. Did I like the short amount I time I interacted with him before I found out he was a dumb dumb? I kinda did, I think.

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

Lyle is getting older and his playing days are getting closer to being over. He doesn’t know quite when he will hang up the skates but he knows that once he does, he’ll need something to replace the competitiveness he craves. He has thought about filling that space with some other sports that may be a bit kinder to his body. He thought baseball might be an option, his ability to block shots might could be a great trait for a shortstop. But his physical play would not translate so well. In a charity softball game a while back, a well placed hip check to a base runner did not go over all that well, so baseball wouldn’t be a good option. He has started to play golf and feels he could follow the footsteps of one of his favourite fictional characters career path and join the golf tour like the one and only, Happy Gilmore. So, keep your eyes out for Lyle on the links once he decides he had played his last SHL game.

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

Slash, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. You have and are killing it! You have brought a new twist to weekly task and this seasons championship week prompts are a perfect example of this. Since I joined the league, CW felt very similar season to season. This season, there are some of those old familiar prompts but also some really fresh and new ideas. And then add the past, present and future idea and we’ve got a new look CW that I can’t imagine anyone not digging. Keep up the amazing work Slash, unless you are getting burnt out and don’t want to do this anymore. Basically, do whatever you want, I got your back, Slash!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada