Create Account

S61 Championship Week

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.
S46, in my opinion, has been one of, if not the draft classes that has had the biggest impact on the site. This draft class produced multiple rookie mentors and Head Office members over the seasons, but it also produced an absurd amount of GMs for a singular draft class. Flareon (Perry Morgan) was a General Manager of Halifax from S46 through S51. Citizen of Adraa (Andrej Doskocil) was a GM of Halifax/Maine from S49 until he moved into the bigs to be the Co-General Manager of Manhattan in S58. StadiumGambler (Nick Brain) was the General Manager of the then-Winnipeg Jets from S50 to S51. A short stint, but a GM is still A GM. GoldenGlutes (Guy Zheng) has been the Co-General Manager of the Atlanta Inferno since its inception in S56. Katth (Barry Batsbak) was a General Manager of Kelowna from S50 until S58 when they were named Co-GM of the Calgary Dragons. I could go on and on about GMs from this draft as there were 4 other GMs that were drafted in S46. There have been bankers, updaters, and arguably the best simmer the league has or will ever know in Kalakar (Matt Kholin).

Quote:11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Yay, Hamilton, again. Shocker. My series MVP and playoff MVP vote here goes to A Jobin, who only allowed 6 goals in the Challenge Cup Finals en route to a sweep of Texas. Texas could not get anything going in this series, and every time it started to feel like they were starting to get going, Jobin continued to shut them down and keep them from finding their groove. If Hamilton has a different goalie in net, it very well could have been a different series. However, with it being Hamilton, I'm sure they would have found a way to find the same end result.

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
3 Milestones

Quote:13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.
I have a few different ideas that I've tossed around here and there about how we can help parity, but I don't see much of anything changing or helping. The league as a whole is very, very slow to change, especially any change that would have a widespread effect. GMs have gotten into a mindset that too much randomness is bad because it can wipe away a long term effort to build a strong team, while at the same time Head Office and Owners have dug themselves into the mindset that 3 lines is the only way to play a hockey sim. Player movement is at an extremely low point because no one wants to sign with a team outside of these finalists because, let's face it, who would anyone want to sign with a team that they know has no chance at making the Finals? Or even if they get there, how are they going to get past the one team that seems to have more answers than anyone else does concerning FHM? The only way parity truly returns and the entire league has a chance is a large scale change that will either be shot down by an inactive Owner or GMs who seem to think winning in a fake hockey league is more important than actually having fun. I'd check the word count, but I don't even care if this didn't reach 150 words.

Quote:15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!
Bold prediction? Team USA finally medals again after many seasons of disappointing medal round exits. This team is too strong to consistently bow out early in the medal stage time and time again, and they are overdue for another medal finish. My boldest take? Norway finishes with not only a medal, but they make it to the Gold Medal game. They have had a strong showing in the round robin so far, and I would not at all be surprised to see them ride that momentum deep into the medal round and upset a few teams along the way. Cilian Kavanagh is awarded IIHF MVP with a ridiculous 30+ goals saved above average.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Pineapples

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

I'm not sure a movie about my career would be super interesting at this point, as there's still lots of hockey left to be played. But if I had to pick a few things to focus a narrative on, winning the 4-Star cup with Kelowna in Season 59 would be a good place to start. We had a special group of guys and we knew we would only have one more shot before a bunch of us got called up. Moving into getting drafted  by Calgary, and our success in the playoffs after going the entire FHM era up until that point not winning a series. Scoring the overtime winner in Game 7 to give Calgary their first playoff series win in this era was pretty special. Maybe I'll hold off on the movie for a little while and see if I can bag a Challenge Cup while I'm entering my prime. We'll see!

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

Have we seen any dark horse teams come in and upset the favorite? I mean, not really. There's a bit of an expectation that either Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton or Texas will be in the finals playing one of the other teams. Is this an issue? Why would it be? It means they've been able to secure high earning TPE players and money makers. This isn't a problem of the system, it just shows which teams are using the current system for their benefit. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, every other team can draft, make trades, etc. It's not like they are receiving an unfair advantage in any way, they are at the top of the league consistently for a reason. If anything, I think some teams should look to them as an example and blueprint for success. I'm not old enough on the site to really know what's going on though, so who knows.

Quote:21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

While some of the PTs this year were a bit of a slog for me personally, I think that the changes made with the dual prompts was an awesome idea. At least for me, I would rather write random stuff about hockey than something unrelated. I will say that it's very easy to criticize without being in the position yourself. On one hand, how much times can you say you're going to work hard in the offseason on your skating, or how your teams needs to focus on getting the puck in deep. It's a double edged sword, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

Quote:19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

Come one, come all! Today is a very special day for those in the SHL. For a limited time only, LaFleurs Legumes are being made available for the general public. These are no regular seeds, oh no, they are very SPECIAL! Wait, or are they pills? I actually can't remember exactly what they are, but I felt I needed to get LaFleurs Legumes thrown in there for the alliteration satisfaction. An alliteration alteration, if you may. Anyway, I have a variety of different colors available, all with their very own unique side effects!

Bumbling Blue - Will render you unable to complete full sentences for the rest of your life! Exciting!

Rash Red - Will either make you extremely callous and insufferable to be around, or give you a terrible rash.

Magnificent Magenta - This one tastes the best, and will give you a fantastic sense of fashion.

Sleepy Silver - Puts you on a bears sleep schedule, allowing you to hibernate through all of winter.

Terrible Teal - This one just tastes awful, and will give you an overbearing sense of existential dread. Fun!

+15

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Me

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

I would like to focus the film documentary series of the Winger for the Buffalo Stampede, Jaska Seppala around some of his key moments playing in the juniors with the Kelowna Knights and in the Simulation Hockey League with the Buffalo Stampede. Some of these moments would be the season Jaska Seppala won the top goal scorer trophy in season 54. Another moment would be when he got drafted to the Buffalo Stampede in the first round. Some other moments was when he joined the team late in the season 55 playoffs to help the buffalo stampede win a cup (with his moral support) and then finally playing in the finals in S60 and lifting the cup up. There would be lots of emotional barriers that Jaska Seppala would have to overcome in his career, the many playoff finals he lost and the eastern conference losses. I think it will be great.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?

I would say Hamilton had a harder path to the cup just because of how much more competitive the East is compared to the West. There are a lot more contenders on the east side but then again Hamilton doesn’t have much of a competition with the tactics they use. Almost no reason to care about the playoffs.

b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?

I would say the rebuild is a lot more impressive. It takes a lot of time and patience to complete a rebuild. The Texas Renegades were at the bottom but spent a lot of time and effort to develop their players into a competitive team. I would say that is really impressive.

c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?

A renegade is some one, often some one who is important or has power, who then changes their allegiance in a treatrouse way. Could be for good or bad reasons maybe. I am not entirely sure. A steelhawk is a hawk made of steel. Victor Helstrom is just someone that was put on CW trivia for no real reason.

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

I think the best player on the Texas Renegades is Alexander Wachter because he scored the most points this season. That takes a lot of talent to do so which is why I think he is the best. He also had a +/- of 33 which is neat and shot at a wild 13% all while only averaging 1 minute of pp time.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

There is absolutely no parity in the simulation hockey league and I fail to see any way of fixing it. We could force teams to test in certain ways but how will that get enforced? Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas were all bad at certain points in their history and became good so it is not like any of them got lucky. They did all work hard to become good but it is absolutely tough for any other team to get into the finals and win a cup while these teams exist in the FHM. It was easier when we were not using FHM but some of these teams are just trying to find the next best “cheese” to win. One could argue it does not take a lot of skill to find the cheese but it is where we are at. I do not have a solution for fixing this. I just do not really see a way of doing that.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:40 PM by Leppish.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Blebberoonie

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

This may be a bit biased because i was in it, but S31 draft class to me is still one of the biggest and most impactful ones out there. I was never a top guy in that draft, but still ended up being semi-active and winning a cup to finish off my mediocre career. But Theres a ton of people from that draft class who went on to have hall of fame careers, or ended up being general managers and winning a cup or multiple cups. Some of them still are GMs right now and probably will end up having another hall of fame worthy career with newer players. It was a huge draft class with a ton of great players and even greater people, if the class was not as big and active as it was, i may not have been as active as a rookie and may have dropped out of the SHL due to that.

Code:

I'm not sure why anyone would want to make a movie around Pavel Jeziak, unless its a comedy about a failed hockey player who i guess is a fun person or something and teams want him around? Jeziaks career highlights are pretty slim, he was drafted by the Detroit Falcons 2nd Overall, probably the biggest one right there. Then i guess it would be the SHL draft, Jeziak was taken 9th overall by the Atlanta Inferno, confusing many as to why he was taken so early. I think the next big moment would be Jeziak getting traded from Detroit to Anaheim for his final juniors season, and it ended up in disappointment as Jeziak failed to help Anaheim win a cup. After that he finally got his call up to the big leagues and the Atlanta inferno. Where Jeziak had a mediocre rookie season, scoring 13 goals and 35 points in 66 games.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A. I would go with Texas on this one, they had a hard time beating the Chicago syndicate, barely managing to win the series in 7 games, meawhile the hamilton steelhawks, once again in a boring way just swept teams aside on their way to the finals and a cup pretty much unopposed.

B. Texas is definitely more impressive, hamilton just keeps getting the cup hungry people signing with them because screw fun, i want cups or something i don't know. Im happy to finally have seen Texas get a cup even tho i'm not a huge fan of them, but definitely beats another boring repeat season.

C. i think a renegade is like a bad guy who goes against the law, similiar to an outlaw? Im not sure. Steelhawk is some fantasy thing made up by hockey/sports teams like the non SHL Hamilton Steelhawks from the 80s. Victor Helstrom could be real, or could be fake. I'm guessing we will find out sometime.

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 11:32 PM by fishy.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

Fishy

+3 = 3 tpe

Quote:7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-10-17_at_4.18.23_PM.png]

+2 = 5 tpe

Quote:6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I mean, I think everybody and their mother knows that the eastern conference has been vastly superior to the western conference since the switch to FHM, with the west only having won two cups in 10 seasons. That stayed true this season as it was pretty set in stone that Hamilton was going to win the cup heading into the playoffs

B. As New Orleans can attest, specifically their management team during their playoff runs of Nic Joe Slash, staying on top isn’t easy. In fact, Nola sacrificed virtually everything to blow a 3-2 lead to buffalo and have yet to recover. Buffalo and Hamilton? Still going! So yeah, remaining at the top is a lot harder than completing a rebuild. Go spectres!

D. At the moment I’d say it’s Aaron Wilson and it’s not really close. MVDH disappeared in last years playoffs when it mattered, nobody on TEX has won much individual awards, Aaron Wilson is the machine that just keeps on running and running and running and running and running and running, all around the clock. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he never stopped running

+3 = 8 tpe

Milestones

+3 = 11 tpe

I think the talks of parity in the simulation hockey league are viable talks to have. The simulation hockey league has seen only six out of sixteen, or eighteen, or technically 20 teams now having made the finals in the last 10 seasons. In fact, the Atlantic division has yet to send a team to the challenge cup finals over these last ten seasons, with the Manhattan rage having been the last Atlantic division team to make the finals in the final season of the Simon t hockey simulator era. Head office has recently implemented new changes with the aim to promote a more fair league, such as changes to the salary cap, changes to the update scale. These changes have begun to take effect, with most teams approaching the upper end of the salary cap. However, one wonders if salary cap changes are not the ideal pathway. The shl has expanded in recent seasons due to having too many active players and not enough roster spots. The amount of teams facing cap crunches could see high end players toiling around free agency with no landing spot in sight. This would not be the ideal pathway, as a league run on acitivtiyy does not want to force actives to leave the league. A potential solution would be to speed up regression. Now entering my third season of regression, I’m still nearly 1900 tpe, and will likely crack 2k tpe for the next few seasons. Speeding up regression would increase roster turnover, limiting how long teams can maintain the same core and same constant success.
+3 = 14 tpe

Quote:21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

Slash took over as the point task head of the simulation hockey league in roughly season fifty nine, after the previous head Keenan had to take a quick leave. After being one of the only applicants, slash has dealt with some ups and downs during his tenure. He has tried to be creative with his point tasks, bringing some entertainment and a new vision to his team. These point tasks have kept people on their toes, something I quite appreciate. One thing I would like to see slash implement actually has to deal with Champ week. I think slash should implement more tasks that has to deal with current players. Back when I was young, it was always cool to see who the pt head would make tasks about, this is something I’d enjoy seeing brought back

+2 = 16 tpe

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:48 PM by Fitted2106.)

2.  I would change the S50 finals immediately if I could. As. As Tampa was robbed in 7 games after being up 3 games to 0 and we all know that the simmer kept cheating us.. It was without a doubt the greatest robbery in high SHL history. Soon after that season I was drafted and let me tell you what if I could redo anything in history it would be that because what the fuck dog. Like silike seriously how do you go up 30 then lose 4 in arrow including the last game 4-3.. It's like who even did this like seriously .  No question in my mind if any one thing could ever be redone in history everyone would choose this I mean how could you not it gave Manhattan and stinky luka title I'm sorry not Manhattan actually it was Calgary my bad I'm pretty fucking dumb. So without further ado I don't know dude.

4.  The S50 draft class included Michael fitted and that's who this movie will represent the greatest hero of all time who won't care a lot until a second cup just by yelling shit you know you can't make this stuff up and try as the director carry in the hammer. It's emerperion Harvey Weinstein 80 of an investments bitch we're out here motherfucking everything hit many things that moves risking it from anywhere torpedo in the lane whatever dog. CWN caught shit on this and neither does this movie fella was caught in the back sipping lane and we're all about that life.  Dogs were not harmed in the making of this movie as we are protectors of pita and peace. Without us no one would have known how to do anything in this. As the saying goes give trella a fish he'll take you mountain biking and with this movie we definatly hit a walrus.

3. The s50 draft produced many a number of stars including Bobby lane Michael fitted and everyone on carolina because we dem fuckong boyz yall. Like s 50 got mad respect on its name no questions asked fam. No disregard to other classes but yins are all soft and couldent even see trella in the streets let alone beat cheeks. Coming from a bunch of soft draft classes how can yall even compare to the goats. Like one time if we could let's have a draft class game we're only draft classes get to play together and yall will see the real goats in action. Never been a question in my mind who the best is not even for a second. With this dislodge yins can sense true greatness when you see us put here really floating on boys. It's only a matter of time until our legacy stands at numerous uno fam. Best believe bro!

Milestones+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119979

Cw trivia verification fitted

6. D.
Flacko lagerfiekd is the greatest player not only of hamilton but of anywhere ever. 3 scoring titles even while old baby this dude is ultimate goat no one ever can touch his jockstrap. Numbero uno forever in my mind as no one even approaches this legend. Here's to you chief great goat my man let's go.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 05:21 PM by GoonerBear.)

PBE Affiliate

Code:

Verification: godlovesbaptistsmorethanmormons

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

In Season 41, the San Francisco Pride were prevented from using their 4th overall pick due to a punishment handed down from the league office. This opened the door for the Manhattan Rage to select defenseman Reginald MacIntyre at 5th overall. MacIntyre would go on to a long, fulfilling 16-season career with the Rage, including a Challenge Cup victory in Season 52...against the San Francisco Pride. What if the Pride did not lose that pick?

The Pride did not participate in that Draft, though some (like our dear task writers for Championship Week) might argue it would not have made a difference if you didn't have a good pick that season. At the 4 spot, picking up MacIntyre would have eventually landed them a defenseman who paired well with Charlie Schieck as the two acted as a sword-and-shield combo with Schieck providing the offensive thrust and MacIntyre being more protective. They would still struggle to crack the postseason for a time, though not for too long. With the two of them, the Pride still take until S47 to qualify for the second time in franchise history, though they take the Wild Card before falling in the next round.

The up-and-down ride still is a bit rough, though in Season 48, they get a taste as they qualify for the Western Conference Finals before falling. Being that close, they miss a couple more times due to a crowded field until at last, they get over the hump in Season 52. The Rage would have a different defenseman leading the way, though likely not Kristaps Ball, whom they would have taken but doesn't stay in Manhattan. Here, the Pride have the tables turned and nab the franchise's first Challenge Cup, With the FHM switch, they still struggle, and MacIntyre still retires before they can get him back to the postseason, but the one Cup is enough to last some time among fans.

(320)

Code:

here ya go

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parity (150 words min.) (ftfy)

If they have the same management, we may well have the same teams there. However, I don't know that their monopolies on conference titles and Cup Finals appearances are sustainable. Sure, the new TPE setup is designed to make newer players more competitive out of the gate, and as a natural result, older players will also be able to stay viable longer. However, I don't know that just being viable means they'll be able to sustain league dominance, as time will regress those other players, new ones will arise, and those four will have to constantly replace players in regression to stay where they are. Plus, there are at least a few other competent GMs and strategists kicking about, someone should come along and break it up once they have a good team assembled from a combination of homegrown talent and free agents brought in to assemble the final pieces. I don't know, for right now, that we need to tamper with anything to mix things up too much. We need a few more seasons, wait for the current top of the crop to die down before tweaking rules. Maybe if we need to tweak things, we tweak salary minimums and caps, though that, like the rookie logjam from some seasons ago, may be unintended consequences of tweaks designed to spread the top talent around. Maybe if we want to revisit TPE, we think about a more aggressive regression scheme.

(240)

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

I'd try to go more for pills that each have distinct boons and drawbacks. I'd keep it to a max of one pill that makes a player have bowel-related downsides. Not to say they can't have a bowel-related upside in the same or a different pill. For example, I'd make a batch where one gives you increased speed but also increased sensitivity (so hits hurt worse), increased strength but lower stamina (anaerobic emphasis), or if I wanted to go a little crazier, you can get a pill that basically acts as a Star from Mario platformers where you're invincible for a short amount of time, but after that, you are tired out and done for the game, so make that one burst count or save it in your back pocket for the end. Or one that lets you see where the keeper is going to be exposed when you have the puck in the offensive end, but in return, you see it through a painful Virtual Boy filter you can't turn off (see what you want, but deal with noise). And the random one that's just a jelly bean can stay, too, if you're going to make them take one and the side effects don't seem like they're worth it. Overall, I'd try to go for effects that might be worth the risk if you can deal with the craziness that also goes with it that isn't just having to hit the bathroom.

(243)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:44 PM by Naosu.)

Code:
seedub

Code:
A - I think Hamilton had a harder path to the final. In the West it was pretty much set that the winner of the CHI/TEX would go on to the finals. The East is generally HAM/BUF, but BAP is slowly becoming an outside contender and HAM had to go through both of those teams.
B -  While being the only team to successfully go from rebuild to contender and cup winner is impressive, I think Hamilton has been even more impressive. They’ve been contenders since I joined the site in S50 and show no signs of going away. To be contenders for 12 straight seasons is absolutely insane.
D - It’s a bit difficult to gather historical stats, so there could be a strong case for Robert Phelps. However, I think current player Aaron Wilson is likely the best FHM era player. Hamilton’s top scorer has constantly rotated throughout the seasons, but Wilson is consistently 2nd or 3rd and even finished 1st this season with over 100pts. With 705pts in 530 regular season games in FHM I think he’s on the way to the hall of fame.

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.
https://i.imgur.com/NOrWm92.png

Code:
Milestones +3

Code:
I think there is definitely a parity issue but it’s unlikely it will get fixed while using FHM. Under STHS we saw bubble teams easily make the finals and contenders sometimes even miss playoffs so it’s not exactly like the grass is greener where we came from. It’s hard to compare but in the last five Stanley Cup finals there has only been a single team to make it there twice. This would be ideal to achieve for parity, but with FHM and how the league currently works there’s no way for that to happen. It’s very slow but if a team drafts and develops well FHM will eventually reward them for it. We’ve seen this with Texas and we’re slowly seeing it with Baltimore and Tampa Bay. In 5 seasons I think Texas and Buffalo will still be contenders as most of their rosters aren’t in regression, or will be in 10% only. Hamilton is a very desirable free agent destination so it’s possible they’re able to fill the gaps they lose to regression. With Chicago, we have a few more older players that will be tough to replace so I see us slowly slipping off and no longer being contenders in 5 or even fewer seasons.

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
So I think I missed all the PTs this season, woops. The pill thing that keeps going seems like an interesting storyline that continues throughout the season. I’m a huge fan of more opinions and it seems like these PTs have had multiple options which is great. This season’s CW is a pleasant surprise too as there are so many things to pick from. I dread doing ISFL which is tougher to write for with higher requirements and PBE which seeming has copy and pasted the exact same prompts the past 5 seasons. Thank you for making it easy and refreshing to do, rather than a chore.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Code:
+3 TPE

Verification Word: ligma

Code:
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)
+3 TPE

If I could pick one moment to change in all of SHL’s history, I think that the moment that is the most interesting to me was the Portland rookie paying scandal roughly 15 seasons ago. Following that incident, a lot of the players from Portland mass retired / went inactive and even though that was really tough for the Portland Admirals, they eventually managed to crawl back out and rebranding themselves as the San Francisco Pride. If that incident didn’t happen, I think Portland was on it’s way to becoming a top tier team in the SHL. There were a lot of great members on that team that went inactive because of the drama and how it was handled. Wally was a good GM and maybe tried to skirt the rules a little bit but to have his entire team mass retire on him didn’t do him any favors in terms of GM’ing imo. I would have really liked to see how his Portland team would have been visioned without that black eye on his GM stint in Portland.

Code:
+3 TPE

Linked

Code:
+3 TPE

I think that the parity within the SHL right now is at a pretty good point. There was a really abd time in the SHL in my opinion which kind of killed my love for the website / community when Hamilton took advantage of the Simon T. Simulator to boost their team. That was a bad point in parity because it ruined unique player builds and everyone changed their rosters essentially to become like Hamilton, which good on them for finding it out but it certainly didn’t do me any favors in loving the website. But looking at the way things are shaking out right now, I like the fact that the same teams aren’t making the finals every season like the Dragon’s reign of terror in the mid 30s, which to me means that the SHL is in a more competitive place than ever which is fantastic. Hopefully it continues trending in this direction.

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?
+2 TPE

Okay, so I know this probably has been done to death because I haven’t really been reading anyone else’s prompts but I would have brought back Gorlab to the SHL. Gorlab is a great person to have in the graphics community and was a pioneer for a lot of the graphical techniques used in the SHL today. Not to mention he was a good member. I personally enjoyed some of the antics in the way of inciting some ire from other teams as I think that’s a good way to start rivalries and inject some actual care into the league and not just being like “oh jee we lost again”. “But I can see why some people don’t enjoy that as well. That’s just my take.

Code:
+2 TPE

I have to say, I really do enjoy your work as PT director slash. Having multiple prompts in a PT, and being able to be a little more open ended on it and not having to dig into stats is a nice change of pace and many members (including myself) appreciate that. I honestly don’t have any criticisms of your work thus far, even in championship week having like 20 prompts is really nice and makes it so that I don’t have to look and do deep dives into stats just because I don’t have that kind of time anymore, so from a casual member I appreciate that.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 06:27 PM by raymond3000.)

Code:
blackflame

Code:
I am definitely biased here, but I think the S20 draft had the biggest impact on the SHL. S20 was the first Reddit draft, and to me this was a turning point in league history where activity started to boom. Before S20 throughout the S10s the league was in a bit of a static position, where the league wasn't growing much. But the inaugural reddit requirement brought in an unprecedented number of new members to the league, kickstarting this upward trend in league membership that has continued until today. Other drafts since S20 such as S31, S43 and S53 have certainly been bigger draft classes with more active players or with more members taking up influential league positions, but Season 20 was the first draft class to have such a large league wide impact. Sim-wise I believe Season 20 also has produced by far the most hall of fame players, even though subsequent classes may have had more players.

Code:
Hamilton clearly had the harder path to the finals, as they had to go through two legitimate cup contenders in Buffalo and Baltimore, as well as an Atlanta team that has continaully proven themselves to be a hard out in the playoffs. On the other hand, Texas only faced one true contender in the Chicago Syndicate. The other two teams they played were the Pride, who have a bright future but were the worst team in the playoffs, and the Blizzard who just aren't at the top tier level.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Zine
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: x4selSg.png]

Code:
11b. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: LHfFD56.png]

Code:

+3

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

1 - trivia - 3 tpe

2 - milestones - 4 tpe

11a - Congratulations to Hamilton! Yet another Cup win in their long and storied history. It's amazing that they can continue to put together such a huge and successful run as a franchise for such a long time. To try and pick an MVP for the series, I think the only reasonable answer is going to be Theo Morgan. Morgan finished the playoffs with an amazing 26 points over the course of 19 games for the playoffs. To further the case that he deserves to be the MVP, he lead his team in points while finishing the playoffs with no penalty minutes. To carry his team on the ice and in the locker room, what better stat represents that leadership than no penalty minutes? (122 words, 2 tpe)
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 11:34 PM by JNH.)

Code:

Verification: SD Core
but also Victor Helstrom yanoe

Code:

It's close - I'm going to side with @raymond3000 in choosing S20 because I think they've had the most impact on the SHL to date. I also could be biased here given I ended up getting pretty close to this class and was able to draft some great guys like Ray, Choc and Micool. However, I think if you ask this question in 5-10 seasons you might be hearing a bit more consensus towards the S53 class. Again - could be biased given I've gotten to know a lot of people from this class but when you look at the names out of Newfoundland alone it's clear to see why S53 was great. Juke revolutionized data driven media, Nhamlet has given his heart and soul to the league and is the best GM in the J, Clean has dominated the SHL conscience, Patty is the greatest comeback story known to man and Steve Harrington is a Chicago killer. Then you go past that and you see the members like Reid and it's clear that S53 was just churning out the members that are shaping how our site looks.

Code:
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

If I could choose one member to bring back to the site it would be BagelBites, aka DuJuan Cook. I think. Now why would I want to bring back someone who had a miniscule NWJHL & SHL career and was overall fairly unremarkable? Well simply, I'd stop hearing it from @Kylrad about how stupid I am for taking Cook over him in the draft. If not Cook, I'd like to bring back Vince Chalut. I talked about the S53s above and he might've been the brightest of them all. A star on defense, the site truly hasn't been the same since his light left us. Chalut will forever live on in discord through the mee6 bot, but it'd be cool if he was here in person as well.

Code:
12. Milestones

Claim 3

Code:

6a) Hamilton. Chicago was an absolute cakewalk for Texas and I don't even know who they played in the other two series. Hamilton had to go through the East which is a pain in the ass and I thank Nour every day for ensuring that Chicago moved out of the East. Plus they had to go through the absolute KILLER Steve Harrington and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
6b) I'd say Texas, mainly because they didn't do the usual thing and straight up blow up the team. They did a slow, controlled rebuild and brought in a lot of homegrown talent. I like how they focused on developing their roster and have a lot of respect for how the Renegades were managed over the year.
6c) I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the aboslute disrespect that's been thrown Victor Helstrom's way in this CW. That man was an incredibly solid player, I think he played in Montreal? But either way, Secord was a good lad and everybody should put some respect on his name.
6d) The best player to ever play for the Hamilton Steelhawks was Roberto Martucci, that guy was an animal and his disciple Theo Morgan has more than lived up to his promise. The best player to ever suit up for the Texas Renegades is Elias Armia. Dude has an award named after him and Waddy was cool, good times in HO.

Code:
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its

I probably had some of the same complaints as others at the start of your tenure. While I appreciated the idea of keeping it fresh, I felt like I was in a creative writing class 24/7, the prompts were getting more and more zany and snowballing. The push back towards hockey stuff has been nice as I know those who are like living vicariously appreciate writing that kinda stuff. I will say though - I wouldn't be giving the time and effort to give multiple prompts for PT's like you have lmao. One or more of the sides would've had to suck it up for any given week. Can only bend so far in a league that everyone places in for fun lol.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:

Halkoholic
Code:

I am actually going to take this opportunity to write about a team punishment. Or maybe the lack of punishment or maybe even the uneccesary intervention from HO. The situation I talk about is of course when Hamilton did not sign their newly drafted players but did end up being able to sign them. The rules are very clear what happens if you don't sign your newly drafted prospects so this had a pretty big consequence on the league. As a consequence contracts no longer need to be accepted on site which means there will be less clarity (the majority of people will still accept in threads though) but worst of all, the rulebook can't be trusted anymore as if HO  or the owners find a rule being broken not in the way they intended they will just wave it away. To me being able to trust the rulebook is the most important thing on a site like this which means that this small situation that was nothing now has almost removed the ground which the site used to stand on since we can no longer trust the rulebook. 
(189 words)

Code:

Since Jonathan Granström still is a younger player, the most focus would be on the time spent in the SMJHL. Getting picked up as a DFA for the Colorado Raptors is an important start. Even if there was no ice time, meeting a real team and my fellow draft class friend Ruggs McOoooh really formed the first time as a player. The most important part of the movie has to be getting drafted to the Detroit Falcons and meeting everyone there. The team is probably the one most important to Granström and the years of struggling has to be a main focus of the movie as well since the playoffs has so far not been fun for Granström. Being knocked out in the first round every season, even after going to the SHL has to be a central part, reaching into a more serious bit about mental health and how tough it is to being an encouraging captain when your team keeps struggling. Going up to the big leagues (and going 1OA in the SHL draft) are main parts of the movie as well. The draft mattered a lot, that first year of really tough struggles finally paid off and should be a central part of the movie together with the SMJHL draft. The end would probably be around the start of the SHL rookie season and leaving Detroit. It leaves the story well tied together but also opens the possibility for another movie.
(244 words)
Code:

b) To stay good for a decade is truly very impressing but for the SHL I think that finally challenging the big teams for a cup is truly the more impressive. A lot of negativity goes on the site regarding how difficult it is to compete against the "big four" so if more teams would be able to break in it is impressive. Currently Baltimore is looking like a possible future contender and that is impressive since the winning teams usually can keep or add the better players because they want to win. 
(92 words)

c) A renegade is per googled definition "a person who leaves one group and joins another that opposes it". Which does kinda make sense. One would guess Texas are built from players from a lot of different teams by that but it doesn't really feel like that so I guess they are just renegades in name. A steelhawk is... A pokemon? A mutated hawk? A hockey team with an annoying goal horn? Who knows, I don't at least. But least of all I don't know who the fuck Victor Helstrom is but if the dude had the manners to introduce themselves I would very much appreciate it as they invaded my CW trivia.
(112 words)

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Choosing a MVP in a series is always difficult but I know a constant on Hamilton for multiple seasons that keeps being good and was a large part of not just the series but the entire playoffs and the regular season as well. The player is of course the goaltender of Hamilton Steelhawks, A Jobin. I know goalies usually don't get MVP awards or the constant discussion that goalies don't matter but I think Jobin did such a solid job that he has to be considered. During the four games in the final he let in a total of 6 goals which means A Jobin had a GAA of 1,5 which is incredibly solid in a final series. There has to be an offense on ice as well of course, but a team plays better knowing they have a keeper to rely on which is why I absolutely think that A Jobin deserves the final series MVP.
(157 words)
Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3119962

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 08:52 PM by CheerfulBender20.)

Code:

This is an easy one.  If I were to change one decision in SHL History, then I would have allowed injuries with the adoption of the new sim engine.  The sim can be…mercurial at times.  We have all watched in horror as one of our teams gets dusted ten to nil on ten shots, throughly incapable of stemming the onslaught of goals.  Now, just imagine what the SHL would be like if the capricious hockey God that runs our sim engine doled out injuries?  I’ve crunched the numbers.  Debilitating injuries would occur once per every five minutes of sim time.  Moreover, these would not be run of the mill hockey injuries - concussions, contusions, concussions, fractures, concussions.  They would be gnarly, probably requiring all sorts of weird surgeries that are not exactly street legal to perform.  Every other injury would require artificial disc replacement, which the sim would inexplicably not allow to be performed.  + 3 TPE 

Code:

Miles O’Brien is a union man.  Always has been, always will be.  If given the opportunity to make a biopic about Miles’s career to this point, then I would focus on his efforts to unionize the SMJHL and secure better playing conditions for its players.  Why would I make this the primary focus of Miles’s biopic?  Well, Miles has been an okay but not exceptional talent, so focusing on his play on the ice may not exactly sell tickets.  Who really wants to hear the story of the guy with a career plus/minus in the negative?  Miles’s thoroughly average play, however, provides the perfect context for a motion picture about the trials and tribulations of the rough and tumble players who make the SMJHL go around.  I’m thinking Bull Durham meets Slap Shot, if that makes any sense.  Overall, considering the beating players take in the minor leagues for baseball, college football, and the AHL, raising awareness of the myriad ways in which athlete workers get screwed - especially below the professional level - would be a worthy cause.  + 3 TPE

Code:

As outlined in the following link, I am claiming + 3 TPE from milestones.

Code:

This is an obvious one for a Montreal prospect, but I would bring dankoa back to the SHL.  As it stands, the organization is in great hands, and I don’t think his exit changes the team’s prospects over the next couple of seasons.  I would bring him back simply because he was a solid dude - took the time to read and comment on everyone’s media, and was always encouraging and helpful with player build and other league relevant topics.  Although I am relatively new to the site and sims leagues in general, it seems like these types of exits are common, as are second acts.  Hopefully his second act happens sooner rather than later. + 2 TPE

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min

If I were to approach trench-coat guy with a business plan, then it would have nothing to do with bunk pills that have whack tradeoffs.  Who wants to take a pill that gives you the runs, or drink a brain tonic that afflicts you with gigantism?  (Incidentally, “Homer at the Bat” is one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.)

No, I will tolerate none of that.  As one of my teachers used to say, “the business of America is business,” and nothing screams business opportunity like hawking CBD pills to players for a modest sum of $99.99 a bottle.  Do these pills do anything, medically speaking?  Why are you asking?  What are you, some sort of Narc?

The **checks notes** placebi effect is a beautiful thing, and what is really important is that the players feel like the pills are helping them.  Would they be better off just lighting a up a joint?  Probably.  But getting a recreational marijuana license would be far too time consuming.  + 3 TPE

Code:

Honestly, I am a fan of the creative PTs.  In general, I find it easier and more enjoyable to write something quick and silly rather than something that will require even a minimum amount of effort - like referencing the much improved indexes.  I am truly a lazy bastard. 

That being said, you found a good balance with last year’s PTs, appealing to both the creative types and those who are more interested in writing about league results.  This is a sim league, after all.  If I could offer one tiny bit of criticism, then I would say the timing of the “heated” Pt last year was not ideal, since folks were still running a little hot.  Other than that, however, I think you have been doing a great job.  I appreciate the myriad prompts with this CW. + 2 TPE

+ 16 TPE total

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

1. CW TRIVIA

Verification word : formx

If i would have to pick one i would probably pick the Portland Admirals tampering punishment.(that was kinda bullshit anyways IMO) Portland Admirals had what was IMO the best color-scheme in the league at the moment, and the whole tampering thing was really unfortunate and something that they would never come back from, being an expansion team they already had it bad as it was. I think that the Admirals would definitely still be an identity in the league. I would like to think that i would have played there with one of my players, unfortunatly not too early because they already had their GM as a goalie and i was only like one or two seasons younger than him. I don't know how well the team would have done or how many cups they would have, but i think it would be a fun team to be on. JP and GCool as GMs would be dope tbh, i got to share teams with both of them and they're both good dudes.

12. Milestones
Claim 3

Milestones

9 probably

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]