Create Account

Jay's S61 Raptors Awards that are kind of Stupid and Useless

This is something really stupid that I just wanted to do after the depressing series loss against Vancouver. Mostly to highlight interesting stats this year, below are the winners of my awards, a bunch of stupid, random, useless and kind of dumb ones that really have no meaning and purpose and are just something fun. If this goes well for the first season I'll consider bringing it back for more next time!

Below are our inaugural winners!

The Scaredy Cat Award 

Least Shots Blocked 

Gabe-Gooney-Waters Harrak @nour- 2 

Even with a 5 shots blocked attribute, most still are able to block and get down for at least 20 ish shots. I'm not sure how Harrak managed to only get away with 2, so he must have really planned this out. Not a shot blocker. 

The Highway Robbery Award 

Most Takeaways 

Jack Nishimori @qWest – 31  

The top two-way forward on Colorado for as long as I can remember, I wasn't surprised to see Nishimori as the heist leader for takeaways from other opponents. He should have been on the most wanted list and outlawed. Nishimori almost had a 1 to 1 TA/GA, and was responsible in his own end. 

The Most Likely to Run a Charity in the Future Award 

Most Giveaways 

Gonzo Gobbledygook @tweedledunn – 46 

Gobbledygook was a speedy and versatile winger that produced tons of offense, in goals and assists. Overall, he is an elite and quick forward, but when it came to giveaways, he did that a lot. 46, in fact. But, I'll just say he was a very charitable and generous player.

The Leading His Team in the Most Useless Stat Award 

Highest +/- 

Jack Nishimori - +38 

Again, as one of the top two-way forwards on the team, naturally you'd expect Nishimori to have a real high plus-minus, especially on his dominant 2nd line as a 4th season player. He broke the all-time Raptor record there, albeit in one of the most useless and old-school stats. 

The Biggest PP Award 

Most PP Points 

Rinky McDangle @Eynhallow – 27 

What a season from Rinky McDangle. He set a new Raptors goals and points record, at 39 and 70, and part of what contributed to that was his excellent production on the power play. Even though Colorado's power play was good this year, 11 power play goals and 16 power play assists is nothing to joke about.

The Peacemaker Award 

Least PIMs 

Gabe-Gooney-Waters Harrak – 4 

Harrak's nature just isn't very aggressive or bold. As seen with the Scaredy Cat Award, Harrak seemed to never take penalties, which is obviously beneficial to a team. With his low aggression and bravery, he only went to the box 2 times, which is especially impressive as a 2nd liner playing tougher minutes.
The Needs Target Practice Award 

Lowest Shooting % 

Hans Graf @Drokeep – 4.4% 

I won this award last year. It definitely sucks to take shots but not convert on them. So this year, technically Shaq' O Neal should have won this, but as an inactive, who cares. Hans Graf took 158 shots and only found the back of the net 7 times, for 4.4%. I'd invest some money to get Graf some more target practice.

The Nice Stat Award 

Any stat with 6 and 9 included 

Hans Graf – 69 blocks 

Zayne Dangle @Vaxlare – 6.9% shooting  

Shoyo Hinata @"FormuleUn" – 666 TOI 

Graf with his 2nd award in the nice stat category. Nice 69 blocks.
Zayne Dangle scored 5 goals on 72 shots which gave him a 6.9 shooting %. Nice.
Hinata had 666 TOI, which technically didn't meet the requirements but I thought I'd share the number anyways. 

The Person Who Has the 11th Most TOI On the Team Award 

Person with 11th Most TOI  

Eric Tokke @Graydonsanatomy – 1087 TOI 

Pretty self explanatory here. 

The Benchwarmer Award 

Least TOI On Team 

Shaq O’ Neal – 374 TOI 

O'Neal got scratched after Colorado got Janne Virtanen so he can take the benchwarmer award. 

The KO’d Award 

Worst Fight Win % 

Donald Jr Trump @Junior - 0-3 

Zayne Dangle - 0-2 

Two recipients here, as Trump and Dangle were brave enough to step up, but ended up taking zero wins in them. Props to them for fighting though.

The First Message Sent on September 9, 2021 Award 

First Message Sent on Discord on September 9, 2021 

Hans Graf/drokeep 

Another self-explanatory one.

The Jay Alter Ego Award 

Players with more goals than assists 

Donald Jr. Trump – 20, 16 

Shoyo Hinata – 16, 13 
This one truly hits home, as I have publicly expressed my opinion on how it is more important to have more assists than goals. Trump and Hinata clearly violated that, with 20-16 and 16-13 respectively. Both were great goal scorers, just not up to my standards. 
The Im gonna win the cup Award
Im gonna win the cup
Angus McFife XVIII - @micool132
Micool is gonna win the cup.
And that concludes the first ever Jay S61 Raptors Awards that are kind of Stupid and Useless. 
Raptors

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I'm Angus McFife the XVIII-th and I approve of this message.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Note: these are not the OFFICIAL Raptors Awards that @Jumbobone19 or @Ruggsy would usually process

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Nour bruises easily so not surprised

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

yoink

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 05:01 PM by tweedledunn.)

who needs the "official" awards when we have these

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]