Create Account

S61 DFA Bounties #4 - The Alternate Timeline
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 12:05 PM by Mutedfaith.)

The SMJHL finals have just started, and we're slowly closing in on the off-season and SMJHL draft.

Before the real busy season starts, and you're going to be answering scouting messages from every team, it is time to sit back and relax a little. Dreaming about how your life would've looked without hockey.

Written Task: What would your player be doing now, if he or she hadn't pursued a career in hockey? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Show us a picture of your player, doing what they'd do if they weren't a hockey player.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S62 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S63) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, October 17th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

A world in which Ivan Lacksamus did not play hockey is like a world where peanut butter and jelly were never put between two slices of bread - not a world I want to live in. That being said, if Ivan was to be in an alternate universe it's likely not go well for him. Ivan's grandmother, Mrs. Polina Lacksamus, was an avid quilter and commonly made various quilts and blankets for her friends and loved ones during her downtime. In this universe Ivan has picked up the quilting bug and has spent the last 10 years perfecting his sewing technique.

Ivan has a ton of projects lying around throughout this time so he decided to open a business selling these quilts. However, it is extremely hard to compete in this space as a blanket can be had from the local superstore for <$20. So Ivan opens up a niche boutique to sell these one of a kind creations. However, after figuring out a just-above-minimum wage hourly rate + materials he found that his 3x6 quilts will have to sell for $800+. A fair amount of customers visit the store with a good share admiring the work and time that went into the quilt but almost no one was willing to shell out that cash.

As the business began crumbling he developed a gambling habit as early wins helped him keep himself afloat. This quickly turned into betting everything he had to keep up with debts and is now on the run from numerous bookies due to his multiple 6-figure gambling debts. He was last seen playing ddakji with a mysterious man in a back alley for cash with bruises all over his left cheek. He has been missing for 2 weeks now and if you have any information on his whereabouts please call the missing persons hotline.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

I grew up totally surrounded by the game so it is pretty hard to imagine my life without hockey at the center of it. Since my dad was very successful in his SHL career and my mother is global K-pop superstar IU, I would have had pretty much carte blanche to pursue whatever career I wanted.

If I pursued another sport I may have excelled in baseball. I played as a kid but hung up the mitt in middle school to focus on hockey. I spent a lot of time around the game training with my long-time friend and current Amarillo Armadillo pitcher Sun-sin Yi. We still train together whenever our schedules allow. I imagine that I could have turned my focus for learning hockey onto baseball. As a kid I always played third base. I would imagine that my hand eye coordination would carry over and I could have had a quality career as a decent defensive third baseman with a whole lot of offensive upside.

Leaving sports off the table changes things quite a bit. I have always been into music. With my mother’s connections in the industry, I definitely could have ended up having a music career. That being said I don’t think I could have made it in the K-pop scene. That has never been my jam. I’ve always been into punk and metal so in this alternative universe you would probably catch me playing shows at Club Sharp in Mangwon-dong with bands like Green Flame Boys, Ska Sucks, or …Whatever That Means. This alternate Emerson probably wouldn’t have become a household name but he would shred.

(271 words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Oh goodness, well I have had a life full of fantastic experiences and wonderful time in The Shire. Hockey took me away so quickly that there are many things left undone back in Middle Earth. I do believe if I did not get the Hockey bug, I would probably spend my days back there baking up a storm. Scones for breakfast, biscuits for second breakfast, a fresh sourdough for lunch, a nice pumpernickel for afternoon tea, and a hearty meat pie for dinner. Mmm, and perhaps some brownies for a late night snack.

This experience of travelling overseas has brought out a lot of unknown qualities that I didn’t know I had in myself. I could picture becoming bored in Hobbiton and a bit of adventure might be in order from time to time. It gives me a lovely chance to get away from those pesky Worrywort’s next door – always getting their noses into everyone’s business. Bah!

Travel would be good for me, exploring my homelands of Middle Earth. Gandalf tells of such wonderful tales of places and people living such a busy life. I could see the lands of men (so uncouth, and smell so bad compared to here), or make some friends with dwarves (very brutish, but great to have a pint with). I’ve had this ring gifted to me from another member of the Shire – Mr. Howe(not related to the one you know of). I’ve been told not to wear it until I put it in the cup. However, I’ve had this urge to visit the desolate lands of Mordor and do some mountain climbing. In fact I might just do that first thing when I get home. I’ve always enjoyed a nice hike, these hobbit feet are awfully handy for not needing shoes.