Create Account

Quebec City Inaugural Mer(it) Awards
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 08:54 AM by mer.)

Welcome to the inaugural Quebec City Mer(it) Awards! That’s right. Inaugural. But I’m here now and I like awards a lot so we’re doing awards now. Much love to the team for letting me railroad you all into holding an awards ceremony and for pitching in to come up with some punny award titles and working on descriptions for them!

These awards are a little different than others you may see. We decided not to give out awards based on player performance, but on Locker Room presence and activity. Kind of because Greyson Cooper would sweep them all, but also because LRs are arguably the best part of the league. You can create an awesome hockey player who’s great at scoring and playing in the sim, but being able to celebrate those scores with your teammates is so much better. There’s also the non-league related aspect, of checking in with your teammates, hearing about each other’s days, lifting each other up, and showing off cute pets and artistic creations. That’s what really pulled me into the league, and I’m so lucky to be in a fantastic LR with these amazing people.

Uh, I’m not crying. You’re crying.

Okay!! Without any further ado, let’s get to the awards!
[Image: YfT5Ude.png]
Who Who’s Got Spirit?
Presented to the biggest QCC fan
This person is there for every game and every achievement that Quebec has won this season. They cheer the loudest and their high-fives are crisp and have that nice slap sound.
Award recipient: @Inf1d3l
Inf is always there for a game. He does play by plays with the team, and is sure to let everyone know what exactly is happening in the sim. If he has to miss a game, he’s there to celebrate a win or commiserate a loss with the team that night. We really wouldn’t be the team we are without inf in the locker room, and we certainly wouldn’t have as much fun watching sims.
Best Dressed (Shiniest Feathers)
Rain or shine, they’re looking fine
This award is less about physical appearance and more about showing the good stuff. The team loves showing off pictures in the locker room and this person always has the best.
Award recipient: @Tanner
Have you ever wanted to see a possum struggling with rainbow text? Maybe a raccoon in a trash can with a motivational but self-deprecating caption? We’ve got you covered. Tanner only supplies the best, and no one can match the contributions to our #trash channel. Swing on by for your every trash panda and reeeeeing marsupial need. It’s the absolute best.

HOOT AND A HOLLER
MOST CAPS!!!!
THIS PERSON (sorry, I can’t do it) - this person arrives with a BANG. Their passion and screaming ability is truly to be admired and feared.
Award recipient: @Hordle
IT’S HORDLE. OBVIOUSLY. Hordle’s pic in discord is kermit running through a field so I always hear all the caps in a kermit voice. It’s great. Hordle’s excitement knows no bounds, and even when he’s relaxing on a day off, all it takes is a mention of the canes and he’s on an all-caps roll. I also want to share a fun anecdote here. Hordle scouted me for Edmonton. The conversation went like this:
Hordle — 09/30/2021
HANNA
H
HANANAH
hannah — 09/30/2021
HORDLE
H
Hordle — 09/30/2021
DO YOU WANNA BE AN EDDYMANTON
(@ Edmonton: call me)
Hottest in the (Front) Office
Players love them more than winning (that’s a lot)
Quebec has the hottest GMs and assistants. That’s a fact. Somehow, we picked the absolute hottest. One hottie to rule them all.
Award Recipient: @Matteo
It’s ya boi, your favorite SMJHL Awards Head, the loveliest Chicago goalie, and he’s too hottie to trottie. Matteo is a constant in the Locker Room and always ready to help best GMs Evok and Flex. He’s the hottest, no contest (hordle, keb, and zowl you know it’s true) and he’s out there. Living his best life. @JNH take good care of our hottie.

Wheaties Award
Wheaties is a complete breakfast and this person is a complete player
This person is as great a star on the ice as they are off. They really have it all, and we are so incredibly lucky to have them.
Award recipient: @H0PPY75
Hoppy’s great, and he’s a man of many talents. From having an all-rounder skater to killing it in racing games, he eats all his wheaties and it shows. When he scores in a sim, the crowd goes wild. When he pops in the LR to chat about his day, it’s a blast. We hope Hoppy knows how appreciated he is, and keeps chowing down on the wheaties.
[Image: JH_Wheaties_Box_JPEG.jpg]
(sig created by @BLBertrand - go get that graphics money, B!)
Denny’s Grand Slam
All they do is win, win, win
This person wakes up and chooses victory. They’re the drive of the team, the wind beneath our wings. And when we bust into Denny’s after a great win, they order the Grand Slam. Extra bacon.
Award recipient: @goilers
Goilers puts the G in Grand Slam. This season was Greyson Cooper’s season, and goilers lives up to the Captain Coop hype. She pops into the LR to share fantastic pictures of her dogs, celebrate the Cooper goals that broke SMJHL records, and post scores of the games to keep everyone up to speed. If goilers is in your LR, you know you’re going to Denny’s after the sim.
Friend of a Feather
Not on the roster, but still part of the team
This person has a special invite to the locker room. They rock up, they high five the GMs, and then they regale everyone with tales of how they’re doing and what’s going on in their neck of the woods.
Award recipient: @Nokazoa
Noka’s always sharing cool graphics that are being worked on, or submitted to fancy contests so that we can ooh and ahh at them. Also posts cute cat pics in the pet channel, but I don’t know the cat’s name. Noka, please tell me your cat’s name. It’s important. Thanks for being an active member in our LR, it’s fantastic having you with us!
Honorable mention to @Ragnar- thanks for chatting with us and joining in on game night!

That Name’s a Hoot
Best LR nickname
Did I use hoot as a pun twice in these awards? Yes. Owl puns aren’t easy. Anyway. This person is wise in the way of word craft and gave themselves an excellent LR nickname.
Award recipients: @zeagle1 and @ztevans
It’s a tie! Zeagle and Zach, or as they appear in the LR, zowl and QCC’s Most Bullied 1OA Ever aren’t missing a creative bone in their body. Shoutout to zeagle for the awesome rebrand (next we gotta get you a lil owl for your discord pic) and to Zach for making sure everyone knows how mean we are to you. Looking forward to seeing if you have any challengers next year!

Much love to absolutely everyone in the QCC LR. Thank you all for joining and hope to see you again next year!

[1176 words]

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

wtf i didn't win a single award this is an outrage

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

10-20-2021, 10:47 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: wtf i didn't win a single award this is an outrage
The award for "please write 50k about your retired hockey dude" goes to you! Wow! Late round surprise award!

[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

gay heghog

Wow what an honour, can I just replace the awards show with this?

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

10-20-2021, 10:50 PMMatteo Wrote: Wow what an honour, can I just replace the awards show with this?
Hire me pls

gay heghog

10-20-2021, 10:47 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: wtf i didn't win a single award this is an outrage

maybe next year you can run for friend of a feather

[Image: Evok.gif]

You should give yourself an award for creating the best awards show in Quebec history

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I’ve been robbed

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

@Evok no special invite for me? I see how it is

These are the best damn awards though, well done!

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

10-21-2021, 08:35 AMMook Wrote: @Evok no special invite for me? I see how it is

These are the best damn awards though, well done!

Quebec Locker room is semi public, if you want access you just have to dm me on discord Tongue

Hoot Hoot Mfers.

oh yay I won something!

Thanks to all my QCC teammates and especially @mer for making such a great award show!

he really do be a hottie

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

10-21-2021, 07:42 PMJNH Wrote: he really do be a hottie

Really should have been a hoottie, thinking about it ... @mer make it happen next year

10-21-2021, 10:37 PMEvok Wrote:
10-21-2021, 07:42 PMJNH Wrote: he really do be a hottie

Really should have been a hoottie, thinking about it ... @mer make it happen next year
Smh can’t believe I didn’t think of hoottie…

gay heghog