Create Account

1st Annual Great Falls Grizzlies Team Awards [RTG 1098 Words]

[Image: ib40iz4.png]

Grizzlies General Manager, Thomas Jackson is seen entering the first ever team awards venue in Billings, Montana.
The team takes their seats, horderves and drinks being served as Jackson makes his way to the pulpit to begin addressing the team.

"Good evening, Grizzlies", he says with a smile.  "It is a fantastic honor to be here tonight with you after the culmination of a fantastic inaugural season.  To recap how our season went, we ended up ninth overall, just two points behind the Timber.  We finished with an overall record of thirty wins, thirty-four losses and two overtime losses.  Just shy of an even record.  It was no surprise to us though being an expansion team.  Before the season, we were literally nothing but an idea.  Then came the expansion draft where we brought in top talents from all over the league, and then utilized the entry draft and free agency to build upon that foundation.  It is never easy to take players who have never played together before and get them to start working like a seasoned, well oiled machine.  There were hiccups.  The start of our season was a testament to that as it was abysmal.  But then all of you clicked.  You all started feeling and reading off each other on the ice, and it only took off from there.  It took off to such a point where not only did we make playoffs...granted I know league rules meant we were going anyway regardless of performance...but we showed that we earned our spot there.  Taking the veteran team in St. Louis to seven freaking games and coming out victorious to make it to round two where everyone would have figured we wouldn't make it...only then to be the only team not swept in the second round.  Not only were we not swept, but we made the Four Star Cup Champions take us to five games.  There weren't any blowouts.  Each game they had to earn from us, and wouldn't you know that after that series was done we received this compliment from Vancouver management...and I quote:  "Of all the teams we played this season and into the playoffs, the only two teams that ever gave us trouble...were the Newfoundland Berserkers...and the Great Falls Grizzlies".

Think about that team.  The team that was projected to win from the very start of the season...said that we were one of two teams that they actually were worried about.   Be proud of that, and be proud of what you accomplished.  

Now, lets move on to the team awards!

"Out of the Den" Award - Most Improved Player
<I will pay for a graphic to be made for this for any GFX people reading this>

This player started off a bit slow in the beginning of his career, but has skyrocketed to the top of his draft class throughout the season.  Selected 24th overall in the S61 SMJHL Draft and posting thirty-six points for the Grizzlies, the "Out of the Den" award is proudly presented to...
Frederico Von Schnicktenberg (@Durden)

"Mama Bear" Award - Best Locker Room 

This award goes to the player, regardless of draft season, who is the most active in the team locker room and helps drive activity to their peers.  The first "Mama Bear" award is proudly presented to...
Brick Wall (@brickwall35)

"Bear Necessities" Award - Best Media Piece

This award goes to the best media piece written by a Grizzly during the regular season, as voted on by their peers.  This award is presented to the Grizzly who's fantastic media on what would happen if Season 59 was re-drafted skyrocketed him to the top of the voting.  The "Bear Necessities" Award is proudly presented to...
Jonathan Hagan (@CampinKiller)

"Grizzly Adams" Award - Best Forward

This award goes to the forward who, based on voting by their peers, provided the most offensive dominance throughout the season.  This award recipient came to us via the expansion draft and was a mainstay on our top line.  Leading the team with 59 points, the "Grizzly Adams" Award goes to...
Janis Lux (@Lukstins88)

"Smoky the Bear" Award - Best Defenseman

This award goes to the defenseman who, based on voting by their peers, provided the most defensive dominance throughout the season.  As they say, defense wins championships, and was no doubt essential to how the Grizzlies performed this season.  Leading the team in blocks with 182 blocked shots, and also throwing the body 122 times, the "Smoky the Bear" Award proudly is awarded to...
Arturs Tumovs (@arturs33)

"Boo Boo" Award - Best Rookie

The "Boo Boo" Award is presented to the team's Rookie of the Year who establishes themselves both on and off the ice.  The first "Boo Boo" Award goes to...
Brick Wall (@brickwall35)

"Freddy Fazbear" Award - Best Inactive Player

As with any team in the SHL or SMJHL, things happen.  You don't draft well and need a filler.  Real life happens and someone stops updating.  Regardless of the reason, inactive players fill essential gaps on all teams where necessary.  We honor ours here in Great Falls via the "Freddy Fazbear" Award, which is presented to the inactive player who's lifeless form contributed the most to the team.  The first "Freddy Fazbear" Award is presented to...
Fedor Sotakov (@DollaBill) who's player posted an impressive 43 points over the season.

And finally, we come to the main award for the team, last, but certainly not least...

"The Golden Salmon of Excellence" Award - Team MVP

The Team MVP is a person who, as voted on by their peers, contributed the most on the ice but also was there to participate in the locker-room.  The first "Golden Salmon of Excellence" Award is proudly presented to...
Janis Lux (@Lukstins88).

Congratulations to all of the team award winners, and cheers to the rest of the league for a fantastic inaugural season run!  Here's to looking forward to Season 62 and beyond!

I forgot to show up to the award ceremony but no one noticed I was missing anyways.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

well deserved! Grizzlies

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Go Grizzlies! Great first season!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Thank you to all my teammates! I knew there was a possibility of me winning Rookie of the Year, but I never thought I'd be voted for the Mama Bear award! It's extremely humbling, and I'm honored to be presented the award. Congratulations to everyone!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Fedor Sotakov Raptors Legend

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Wow 2 awards. Im honoured

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

Congrats GFG on a great season! Really impressive for your first season

(Also, who made your sig Geek? I want one!)

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

10-15-2021, 12:51 PMVaxlare Wrote: Congrats GFG on a great season! Really impressive for your first season

(Also, who made your sig Geek? I want one!)
Which one?

Jumbo got the answer from you already! It was the Kentakira one!

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Love my grizzlies

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Woooooooooohooooooooooo
*Slams salmon on the table*

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]