Create Account

S61 Colorado Raptors Awards

[Image: Colorado-min.png]

RAPTORS S61 AWARDS 
Hey, it's Jay again, your favorite awards announcement person. I have the prestigious honor of being able to announce the *official* Colorado's Season 61 Awards Winners, on behalf of  @Jumbobone19 and @Ruggsy. S61 was a record breaking and all-around excellent season from the Raptors. We broke the all-time Raptors franchise record with 48 wins, and multiple star players broke individual records, rising to the occasion and standing above all others. Before I hand out awards, I'd like to recognize everyone's efforts, players, GMs and coaches for making this such a successful season, and although not everyone will be given an award, know that all members of the Raptors contributed to this wonderful season in some way, shape or form. Without further ado, here we go!
The Troy McClure III Trophy - Awarded to the player that best exemplifies team leadership 
Last Season Winner: Angus McFife XVIII
S61 Winner: Angus McFife XVIII - @micool132
Starting off, we have Micool winning the Troy McClure XVIII Trophy. McFife has been the heart and soul of our locker room, and for the past few seasons, has demonstrated leadership and teamwork throughout all the ups and downs, highlights and lowlights. He was a friendly, caring, funny and kind person to all and always held a glimmer of hope, even during the darkest times. McFife made new rookies comfortable into the Colorado environment, helping anyone who needed it. He spent tons of time in the LR, encouraging, motivating and keeping spirits up while consistently showing up at the rink and in the game. He never backed down from any challenge and made a huge impact on and off the ice. 
The Alexander Zajac Trophy - Awarded to the most dedicated player 
Last Season Winner: Senji Seteki
On top of being a force in the LR and exemplifying what it meant to be a leader, McFife, throughout this season also came up as the most dedicated player. With his Im gonna win the cup, he has consistently desired to the sense of winning and not accept anything else. In addition, Micool himself was an active user on Colorado's management team, who has worked very hard in scouting, finding new potential draftees while  being an very informative coach to help younger players like myself in areas like builds. Combine that with his standout leadership, Micool is truly an all-encompassing player that everyone should strive to be. Second trophy in the Zajac for Micool today!
The Nick Brain Trophy - Awarded to the top two-way forward 
Last Season Winner: Artemius Nystrom
S61 Winner: Jack Nishimori - @qWest
Now, onto the skaters. Winning the Nick Brain Trophy is Angus McFife XVIII Jack Nishimori. Throughout his Raptors tenure, Nishimori has been a very consistent two-way forward was could be relied on for steady play at both ends of the ice. This season, he hit new career highs in almost every stat this year, and his two-way game continued to stand strong. He had the most takeaways on the team as a forward, robbing 31 players of their hopes and dreams, maintained one of the highest Game Ratings with 70s across the board while scoring 22 goals and getting 35 assists for 57 points, which was 2nd on the team. Nishimori blocked 65 shots and hit 62 opponents, all solid numbers, while setting a Colorado record for the highest +/- at +38. 
The Bo Kane Trophy - Awarded to the top offensive forward 
Last Season Winner: Noel Blanchet
S61 Winner: Rinky McDangle - @Eynhallow
Rinky McDangle arguably had the greatest season ever in Colorado history offensively, and it will show with the Bo Kane award going to him. McDangle broke the all-time goals and points record, setting a new one at 39 and 70, respectively, was near the top in the J and was the first player in the 66 Game Raptors Era to be over a point per game. He more than doubled his previous season highs, sniping goals left and right and just barely missed the 40-goal mark. This unparalleled performance easily earns him this award. Apart from that, McDangle set new career highs in assists (31), shots (231) and power play points (27), while leading the team as the top power play producer too. What a season for the ages for McDangle. This one won't be forgotten. 
The Kristoffer Ruud Trophy - Awarded to the top defenseman 
Last Season Winner: Angus McFife XVIII
Wow, Micool is about to be obliterated with pings soon. His 3rd award today (congratz on the hatty), McFife not only being a strong voice in the locker room and leader off the ice, he still retains his crown as the best Colorado defenseman and now is a 2nd year winner of the Ruud Trophy. McFife had his best season to date, and one of the best offensive seasons in Colorado history. 18 goals, 32 assists and 50 points put him among the elite in the SMJHL this season and all of which led Raptors defenseman. McFife played the most minutes on the team, and was not afraid to get physical, rocking 107 opponents plus blocking 58 shots. Package that all the outstanding offensive play, strong power play impact, and solid defensive work together, you get the perfect #1 defenseman.  
The Aleksandr Aleksandrov Trophy - Awarded to the top goaltender 
Last Season Winner: Senji Seteki
S61 Winner: Zhen Roza - @Vikian
Although Roza will only be here for a season, he made a huge impact in the net for Colorado, stopping shots and stealing games all day round for the Raptors. Breaking a Raptors records in wins, Roza had 40 of them this season. He also posted some of the best goaltending stats that Colorado has had, with a 2.39 GAA, .910 SV% and a crazy 31.95 GSAA. Roza had a pretty big workload, playing in 56 games, stopping 1357 shots and having a very nice 69 game rating. This team would be no where it was without the Roza's excellent play in net. Well deserved Aleksandrov trophy here. 
The Cassius Darrow Trophy - Awarded to the most outstanding rookie 
Last Season Winner: Hans Graf
S61 Winner: Shoyo Hinata - @"FormuleUn"
What a season from Hinata here, who takes the Cassius Darrow Trophy. He broke the all time rookie record in goals with 16, and along with 13 assists, managed a very good 29 points. Another reminder that this all was in his rookie year with extremely limited ice time. He really helped out the depth scoring for the Raptors and propelled the 4th line in scoring, alongside being decent on the power play. There is a ton to get excited about with Hinata in the future, who will only improve upon his very impressive rookie season. 
The Zinaida Titova Trophy - Awarded to the Seasonal MVP 
Last Season Winner: Noel Blanchet
S61 Winner: Rinky McDangle - @Eynhallow
His second award tonight, winning the Zinaida Titova trophy sums up his monstrous and exceptional season. Though there were other contenders like Roza and McFife, McDangle stood above all others and excelled in his 3rd season with the offensive numbers that he had. Definitely Most Valuable Player this season.
The Scottey Crawfling Bowl - Awarded to the Playoff MVP 
Last Season Winner: Basil Sivart
S61 Winner: Eric Tokke - @Graydonsanatomy
Despite the disappointing ending to the strong run that recent Raptors playoffs teams have not gone to, Tokke won the Crawfling Bowl as he showed up in almost every game and scored 4 goals, 3 assists for 7 total points in 9 games to earn the Playoffs MVP. Many others were close, but Tokke most notably a great even strength offensive game plus a stellar defensive game with solid ratings, 9 hits and blocks. It sucked to see us drop that series against Vancouver, but Tokke will be recognized with his efforts during the big games. 
And with that, the Season 61 Raptors Awards ends there. Before we go, I'd like to thank Zhen Roza (@Vikian), Artemius Nystrom (@TapdancingNecrons), Jack Nishimori (@qWest), Janne Virtanen (@Deng) and Angus McFife XVIII (@micool132) for their service, dedication and time in Colorado. You guys made huge contributions to our success, no matter how long you played and will be missed by all. I wish you guys nothing but the best in your future SHL careers, and we will all be cheering you on as seasons go on. Especially Micool, you made such an impact in Colorado that I can't even describe. Your perseverance, dedication, leadership, commitment, passion and enthusiasm will not be forgotten. Your departure will leave a giant void, and everyone will miss all the Im gonna win the cup messages. Thank you all for everything. 
For the rest of us, onto Season 62!
(P.S. as @tweedledunn said, do we really need these awards? I thought my S61 Awards were good enough. Guess not. Confused)

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Raptors

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

CONGRATS TO ALL THE RAPTORS!!!

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Hey look ma I made it

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Raptors

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Raptors Raptors Raptors

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

First of all, congratz to all the winners. Secondly, thanks for voting for me on three awards, it truly is an honor. I don't feel like writing a long "goodbye message" because I will be around the locker room for the forseeable future and I intend to keep my involvement to the same level. Let's go dino crew! Raptors

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Such a great job this year. Well deserving winners! Raptors

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Raptors

Thanks for the kudos and gratz to all award winners. Go Raptors

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Raptors such pretty dinos

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]