Create Account

Analyzing the S62 SHL Draft [DOUBLE DRAFT]

Obviously I am not unbiased going into this SHL S62 draft, as my own new player, Wendolene Ramsbottom is part of this draft class. I have had a sort of weak history in the SHL so far, but with this player, my motivation has reached new heights here and I am determined to max earn as best as I can here. So far, so good, as I find myself in 6th place in TPE despite starting late on this player. That being said, I can understand some hesitancy among GMs with my player, though I think I can put these concerns to rest. I will discuss this more when I get to my own player later on.

Let's first look at the draft class, ranked by current TPE according to the player analyzer sheet.

1 NLB Mikko Rashford RashfordU 327 TPE

Rashford leads the SHL rookie class as a new user, which is always impressive and as far as I know, SHL GMs do love first time users. Rashford impresses with a decent sized bank account at over 30 million, due to some very in depth articles he has written. I think this is going to be a really solid pick and it will come very early on in the draft, top 5 or such easily.

2 KEL Ben Jammin James Truong 323 TPE

The first recreate on this list, James Truong had a very long and success career with his first player, James Truong. Truong spent 3 years on his first player, an impressive length and now finds himself as a recreate, also as a defender, like Rashford. Truong has an even bigger bank account, at just over 100 million and should find himself somewhere near the top of the draft as well.

3 REG Rebecca Montagne OrbitingDeath 320 TPE

Another very impressive recreate, Orbiting Death has 136 million in his bank and a long history of being active and a big contributor in this league. It would not surprise me to see him as the top pick in this draft at all. Then again, this time around Orbiting ended up opting for the goalie route, something that may cost him the top spot in the draft and make him fall a few spots, as I believe goalies tend to be a bit less needed than other players in some ways.

4 NLB Jay O'Neil Sburbine 319 TPE

Sburbine is another first time user and already the third defender on this list. An impressive showing for the new user, he has stood out mainly through making graphics which has pushed his bank account to 27 million. If he can continue to do graphics regularly, I think he could be a great pick near the top of the draft.

4 QCC Aksel Fiske mer 319 TPE

We finally see the first forward on this list and mer is an interesting first time user as well. Similar to Sburbine, mer has done graphics to get the bank account up to 30 million and has earned well so far. While being the first forward might seem like an advantage, we will see that 9 out of the next 10 players on this list will be forwards, making it slightly less favorable then.

6 ANA Sconnie McHits G2019 318 TPE

Finally the first name I am really more familiar with. G2019 is a first time user for the SHL, but has been making a name for himself in other leagues. With people from other leagues, you always have some pros and cons. They are usually around more and easily reachable, but you may also get someone who isn't into hockey as much as some people who are only in this league. G2019 has written some articles already but his bank account is only at 8 million, which does give me a slight pause.

6 STL Wendolene Ramsbottom JuOSu 318 TPE

My own player! Well, I managed to work my way up the field, especially in this last week, going from 23rd to 6th due to the two deep dives. With some recent articles, I have pushed my bank all the way up to 36 million and this big article will fuel that further. What can I say about my career in the SHL so far... My first player was a goalie who did not do very well. I admit back then, the SHL was very different and I just lacked any sort of organizational skills to actually do tasks as they came up. After a mediocre career, I retired and made a Left Winger, Thomas Vanice. This time, I was more motivated and actually reached a decent TPE amount of around 1450 TPE at the height of my career. All that was accomplished with basically no equipment and in the later years not even training as money earning in this league was not easy for me. I think knowing my bank account is in a better state, and I am far more motivated to succeed this time, it is very easy to assume that I will reach far higher amounts with this player. I can't or won't guarantee a 2000 TPE player, but I do think I have the motivation and the means to do so. Just look at my players in the PBE and ISFL if you want to get an idea of my earning. And I have posted a lot of articles discussing league overreaching articles. Everyone who knows me well knows that I want to get some awards in this league to make sure I have done it in all three leagues.

TL;DR: I will earn well, draft me.

8 NLB Tommy Tightpants tommytightpants 317 TPE

Another first time create, Tommy has done well to earn TPE and has an alright money amount at 15 million as well. First timers are always hard to put into a box, but I think he is probably slightly behind the first timers I mentioned above due to the bank account.

8 REG Jaeger Jones Thunder39 317 TPE

Thunder is a well known user in the league, who is currently one of the GMs for the Regina Elk. With a bank account of 50 million, and an already decent career behind him, I think Thunder will be high on team's draft boards. Juniors GMs are always going to be valued highly.

8 REG Yannick Svoboda Whitecap 317 TPE

Another first timer, this time with 13 million in the bank. One graphic and two articles so far is not bad though. Hard to say where he ranks, but probably a similar tier as before.

11 ANC Spack Jarrow High Stick King 316 TPE

I recognize this name from the WSBL draft that just happened. 60 million in the bank and this amount of posts made me think that he was a long time user, but it turns out he is a first time user. He has written a LOT of great articles, most recently history articles, which I am always a fan of. Honestly, he has shown everything you need to see in order to be a high draft pick. Very impressive!

11 NLB Jeff Larsson Redderder15 316 TPE

Another first time user, he has done a really good amount of articles so far and has a bank account of 28 million, very solid. I would put him slightly above some of the earlier first timers because of the articles and bank.

11 REG Gordie Goodenough MDavidson 316 TPE

Another first timer, he has 11 million in the bank so far. Mostly due to graphics being done. Though he just posted a big article as well that was really cool, which will raise his draft stock.

14 COL Shoyo Hinata FormuleUn 315 TPE

Yet another first timer, he has less topics, but somehow more money! Quite a bit with 36 million. Very impressive for a rookie. And I mean he seems to be a formula one fan, so I like him already.

14 GFG Frederico Von Schnicktenburg Durden 315 TPE

There aren't many more bigger names in this draft than that of Durden. The guy has been around since S25 in this league. There is always danger with a guy like this, but I think Durden's name will carry a lot of weight in the draft. That being said, his bank is quite low and he will need to put in some effort to continue earning well.

16 ANA Anzelms Krastiņš jackalewis229 314 TPE

After so many forwards in a row, I am shocked to finally see another different position here. The second goalie on this list, jack is a recreate with a slightly failed first player. He missed several seasons and then started over. This time around, he seems much more active and should be a solid steal for someone, since I assume his first player will make him drop a bit.

17 DET Dirty Boots CapnCooper 313 TPE

11 million is alright for a first timer, but only one article and one graphic to do it. Probably in a similar tier as other first timers of similar bank.

17 KEL Christian Kinsinger Symmetrik 313 TPE

Well I mentioned Durden having a big name, I would say Symmetrik is probably similar. Starting in the early 30s here, he has been a solid contributor in other leagues as well as here, including PBE HO member for a while. While I personally didn't appreciate his time in that HO, there is no doubt that symm will be on a lot of teams radars and should go early in the draft. Bank is at 21 million.

17 KEL Ignaz Pleyel VillageBC 313 TPE

Another first time player, Village has done solidly so far and has a bank account at around 10 million.

20 ANA Eddie Creller Mook 312 TPE

Well I certainly didn't expect another big name recreate that goes this far back. Mook goes back to S21 and has won 5 championships since then. 46 million in the bank and mook has a big enough name to be drafted all the way up I think. Hard to pass up a user who has been around that long.

21 REG Theo Berglund shan3p 311 TPE

Another first timer and a decent bank account at 18 million. Sadly had one deep dive not graded cause it was about the same team. But then wrote it again so yeah, decent persistency too.

22 DET Akashi SixNine Jr FourFour 309 TPE

Jesus, I thought mook was going to be the oldest but yet again I am disproven. FourFour, who I have written about extensively recently in my most awards by user article, has been around since S14 and has had some of the most successful goalies in league history. But even as a forward he will be very scary and should be a very high pick here. 40 million in the bank helps too.

23 CAR Ka Chow Toxlc 308 TPE

Another first time user and one with around 10 million again. Only did one deep dive and I think you can slowly start to see some differences here.

23 GFG Brick Wall Brickwall35 308 TPE

The third goalie on the list, he is another new user, but has already made some impression and has taken over as the GM for the WJC British Isles team.

23 MET Jesper Aittokallio JayWhy 308 TPE

And yet again, I am proven wrong about the oldest user and boy what a big name this is. Jay was also all over my awards by user list and was one of the most successful guys there. He started in Season EIGHT, so he basically goes almost all the way back to the beginning of the league. Absolutely crazy! Obviously he is not going to be part of the draft process as a player, as he is still the GM of the Rage, so he will be auto picked. Still, incredible to have him in this class to compare yourself to.

26 ANA Stephan Gill CptGoosar 307 TPE

A name very familiar from other sim leagues, Goosar is a first timer in the SHL and has done alright so far in terms of earning. 14.5 million is also solid and his earning in the ISFL for example is solid, so I think this is a really good pick up for a team.

26 DET Oskar Von Walther Southie 307 TPE

Southie had a player before in S55, who didn't last super long. Now he is back and has 33 million in the bank and could become a decent player here. I think teams may end up being a bit hesitant cause of the first player though.

28 COL Zayne Dangle Vaxlare 306 TPE

Another first timer and another defender, Vaxlare definitely stands out despite lower TPE than some guys before him. He is doing articles and lots of graphics and is up to 27 million in the bank. Will definitely go higher than 28th here.

28 MET Viktor Krunk Crunk 306 TPE

Crunk is another first timer but another one known from other leagues. I had an absolutely fantastic scouting conversation with Crunk for the WSBL where he is a GM and has had one of the best drafts there. He is also an ISFLer and has done well here so far.

30 ANA Connor O'Byrne unconfident69 305 TPE

We are at spot number 30 now and between spot 30 and spot 3, there is only a difference of 15 TPE so far. Absolutely crazy stacked. Unconfident is also known from other leagues but not necessarily as big of a name as others. A first timer here, he only did one deep dive and doesn't have much in the bank. I would be a bit weary here.

31 DET Vasily Arkhangelsky Michiganonymous 304 TPE

The lowest bank account so far, Michigan only has 1.8 million. He has not done any deep dives, nor any articles or graphics. He will definitely fall a bit because of that.

31 STL Vincent Catalano duffleman2002 304 TPE

Another goalie and like Michigan, he has not done any media, graphics or deep dives. Plus he is a goalie. His bank account is a bit better at 7 million at least.

33 NLB Alexander Mackenzie DrB1gMack 303 TPE

This one looks much better again, with deep dives and media done quite a bit. Even a podcast! Could definitely see this guy climbing a bit here. He has 16 million as well.

34 ANA Borje Samuelsson r1c3bowl22 298 TPE

A user who had been gone for close to a year or so and really almost 3 years since his last active player, ricebowl has been around since S20. He hasn't done much since coming back in terms of media or such, but as an old user he may still get some attention.

35 NBB Lonley Stagan Risky_Potato 294 TPE

New user, no media, no graphics, no deep dives, but at least some solid TPE earning still.

36 COL Vin Bangsa-Wamy Philliesphan96 290 TPE

Philliesphan might be lower in TPE but I could easily see him climbing a bunch here. He has done articles and a graphic, though no deep dives. That being said, Philliesphan is a very successful GM in the PBE and that should be enough to make him go a bit higher than his stock otherwise deserves.

37 MET Velky Muz NamelessNate 288 TPE

Nate has had two players before, though neither has been very successful from what I can tell. After his last player lasted just two seasons, Nate is back with a defender. He is active in the PBE, but I think GMs will be weary of his history here.

38 ANC Cup Noodle vulfgravy 284 TPE

Another name I recognize from the WSBL draft. Vulf seems well liked, has even done media and a deep dive. I think his lower TPE definitely is surprising but I think he will likely be picked slightly above here.

39 NLB Merlin Metzler Avakael 282 TPE

Around since S31 and a healthy bank account of 64 million, Avakael did have a recent player who retired very early, only after 3 seasons. GMs will be a bit weary but the positive bank account could make him a steal if he sticks with it.

39 REG Kentaro Kikuchi Yagoyi 282 TPE

New user, who has done some media and a deep dive. Low bank but he does look like an active guy who could be a steal later on.

41 ANC Paul Koivu Briedaqueduc 280 TPE

Around since S48, with another bank account that is over 60 million, Brieda looks like an interesting prospect. He has done both deep dives yet is a bit lower in TPE. Still, I imagine he goes higher than this.

41 CAR Marek Sköda Off 280 TPE

Around since S46, Off was a defender before and now a winger. Only 4 million in the bank is a worry.

43 GFG Ezra Wong Wongy 277 TPE

Jesus, what is it with this draft that has a lot of older guys here! Another season EIGHT original, Wongy has been around a long time. Despite that, I am not sure how high his current value is. Already lower down here in TPE and his last player lasted just six seasons. On top of that, he has just 3 million in the bank.

44 GFG Vadim Askerov Serpe x 13 276 TPE

And we go back in time again, all the way to season nine this time. Serpe has been successful before, but similar to Wongy there are some concerns still. His last player lasted just five seasons, though at least he has 36 million in the bank.

44 QCC Brady Bertrand BLBertrand 276 TPE

Finally a new guy again, Bertrand has done alright with tasks and media, and has over 10 million in the bank.

46 KEL Malach Sköda ImShiny 265 TPE

We have finally reached the point where TPE does drop off quite a bit. Shiny has been around since S46 though and has around 10 million in the bank. Could be somewhat of a late round steal still.

47 DET Rodrigo Rivic rodrigo363 259 TPE

No media, no graphics, no bank, no deep dives. Not sure where to go with this.

48 COL Sanjuro Tsubaki theZinator 258 TPE

At least one media piece and 6 million left. A bit better than nothing.

49 KEL Aldo Huber Hoovuh 257 TPE

Around since S25, Hoovuh has done media quite frequently. Still, his earning hasn't been great. His last player lasted 7 seasons only. Weary but there is some potential here. Bank is at 15 million.

50 QCC Skating Dino iStegosauruz 251 TPE

Steg is a big name in the ISFL and to some degree in the PBE but his earning here has been weak. He also had a 6 year player before this that didn't do much. Plus he is a goalie. I am not expecting too much here but maybe if a friend picks him up it could be a steal.

51 CAR Lenny Hawk mcpumpkin 250 TPE

No media, no graphics, no deep dives.

52 REG Finn McNast biffmcnasty 244 TPE

53 COL Recently Tired Beaver 241 TPE

There is no doubt that Beaver is a big name in sim leagues. He has been around since S37, which was his last player and that guy did really really well. He then took a break and has been back with this new goalie. Not earned well, but it is still Beaver. Someone will pick him up earlier than this because of the LR presence.

53 GFG Alexej Komarek JR95 241 TPE

I will admit, I am a bit confused here. JR appears to be the GM of the Baltimore Platoon. For a GM you really have to assume better earning. I don't know whether he just hasn't claimed anything or what, but this would be an awful performance if this is an accurate number. Checking his update page and it does look like he isn't much better than this, with a 16 tpe update pending this week. Really really shocking.

53 KEL Lord Skrolk nykonax 241 TPE

Nykonax has been here since S45. He has a healthy bank account. But yeah the earning really is dropping off here. Another goalie as well.

56 QCC Alex Kidd pauadrian 238 TPE

Pau is also known more from other leagues but here he hasn't done much, sadly.

57 ANA Dexter Bouchard DexterXSR 237 TPE

58 ANA Trevor Malone cole6249 234 TPE

One graphic and a bit of money but not much else done by him yet.

59 GFG Jacques Lilcoque Glyc 233 TPE

Glyc had a player before since S38 and has done quite a lot of articles and yet also not a ton of money. Still, interesting user there.

60 CAR Rafael Boeck Kasterborous 230 TPE

Lots of money, a guy who had two players before, neither of which did super great and then took over a year break before coming back. Not hugely active still.

60 NLB Pope Coswi Coswi 230 TPE

62 NLB SD Core Bauer 228 TPE

What a bum @Bauer is. No, I think Bauer is awesome, but clearly he is more active in other leagues. Three previous players none of which have done anything but someone will do a meme pick here just so they can say that they picked up SD Core.

63 STL Viktor Anderson Vik 224 TPE

Around since S34, Vik has also gotten a decent amount of money. Sadly, the earning has stopped completely it seems.

64 DET Hugh Jass TheBigDee12 223 TPE

65 GFG Lewis HamiltonIsBlessed NTG 222 TPE

66 ANC Dominik Tretyak Tha_Lux 215 TPE

He has a lot of posts, but not a ton of earning somehow. Curious how that will go.

67 KEL Alicia Melchiott Emiko 208 TPE

No comment needed.

67 REG Titanus Mosura TMosura 208 TPE

One graphic, otherwise not much and stopped earning.

69 MET Aleksei Volkov nomadicalec 207 TPE

70 ANA Tuuka Pack stick 202 TPE

71 KEL Wayne Glensky Darkheart 198 TPE

72 MET Sasha Kovacsova Brutus 195 TPE

No media, no graphics, no deep dives. And also maybe retired.

73 NBB Max Pane Pickle 193 TPE

Not much done and no update for a month sadly.

74 QCC Not Deadly DeadlyPlayer 192 TPE

No media, no graphics, no deep dives. Is also in the WSBL now as well.

75 ANA Jeremy Hall BulgePant 190 TPE

76 ANA Gus Ceroni Gus 186 TPE

77 STL Cody Sherman ChessWarrior87 174 TPE

One article, but no update in almost two months.

78 NBB Mark Ruggere Dab-exe 173 TPE

79 ANA Stéphane Bababooéy KontraKiNg 172 TPE

80 DET Edward Higginsby kingtag1999 165 TPE

No need to say much anymore here. Earned 10 TPE and nothing since.

80 QCC Spencer Elsby Selsby 165 TPE

No need to say much anymore here. Earned 10 TPE and nothing since.

82 ANA Klondike Klinkhammer Klondike 161 TPE

Earned 6 TPE and then nothing since.

83 ANA Roger Cadorette Krave 158 TPE

Earned 3 TPE and then nothing since.

84 KEL Kanye South Zman 155 TPE

We have reached the 0 TPE earners now!

84 KEL DJ Monaco DJMonaco 155 TPE

84 KEL Mikko Feller FellyFell88 155 TPE

84 REG Conner McLavish Mageminers 155 TPE

84 REG Maximum Wright Wheelsnipecellybahhd 155 TPE

84 STL Jason Lajeunesse ThatCanadian 155 TPE

And there you have all of the draftees. I will probably do another article with a mock draft or how I would pick or something like that in the future still.

But yeah if you are a GM, just talk to me. I promise I am an alright user and I will earn well. You won't regret it.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2021, 10:17 AM by Mook.)

#Ceroni1stOA

Tons of talent in this list! Note for GM's Creller also has 6 cups, HO refuses to give me the text to go along with the S50 cup. Ninja

Great article! Ramsbottom did work in WJC and is set up for a great career in the SHL, good luck in the draft!

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

10-20-2021, 10:13 AMMook Wrote: #Ceroni1stOA

Tons of talent in this list! Note for GM's Creller also has 6 cups, HO refuses to give me the text to go along with the S50 cup.  Ninja

Great article! Ramsbottom did work in WJC and is set up for a great career in the SHL, good luck in the draft!

Thank you! Good luck as well!

*scribbles down notes*

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Nice write up!

I thought I was active with Herb (for the most part)

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Great article, and really interesting take on defensemen going high. Also LOVE Rebecca Montagne in the top 3, good for her. 
Hope to see Ramsbottom do well in the draft and in his career! 
(Shoutout to my boy B, coming in HOT at lucky #44)

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

10-20-2021, 10:42 AMmer Wrote: Great article, and really interesting take on defensemen going high. Also LOVE Rebecca Montagne in the top 3, good for her. 
Hope to see Ramsbottom do well in the draft and in his career! 
(Shoutout to my boy B, coming in HOT at lucky #44)

Thank you!

To be fair, my first player failed from SHL resentment of PBE affiliation and one of the biggest haters being in my minors LR, mixed with a healthy dose of IA minors GMs.

10-20-2021, 10:03 AMJuOSu Wrote: 11 ANC Spack Jarrow High Stick King 316 TPE

I recognize this name from the WSBL draft that just happened. 60 million in the bank and this amount of posts made me think that he was a long time user, but it turns out he is a first time user. He has written a LOT of great articles, most recently history articles, which I am always a fan of. Honestly, he has shown everything you need to see in order to be a high draft pick. Very impressive!

Thanks for the very kind words JuOSu. I also recognized your name from that WSBL draft as well as the casters were saying glowing things about you. Good luck in the draft!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

10-20-2021, 08:48 PMHigh Stick King Wrote:
10-20-2021, 10:03 AMJuOSu Wrote: 11 ANC Spack Jarrow High Stick King 316 TPE

Thanks for the very kind words JuOSu. I also recognized your name from that WSBL draft as well as the casters were saying glowing things about you. Good luck in the draft!

Thank you very much!