Create Account

[2X DRAFT MEDIA] S62 MOCK DRAFT
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 12:36 PM by G2019.)

I suppose I've waited long enough, and it's time to bite the bullet and release my mock draft. While GMs have been rather cryptic and mostly held their cards close to the vest (cough, cough JayWhy), I've come across some pretty solid info, thanks largely to fellow members of my rookie class. We have a mock draft channel going in our rookie server, and it's been an absolute riot working with those folks to try to piece together what we might see happen in tomorrow's draft. Regardless of the eventual accuracy of our findings (and what I post here), I wish them all the best of luck and have had a ton of fun hanging out with them during this process. Without further ado, here's my best shot at it!

Rage #1 Overall: @High Stick King - Spack Jarrow (F)

Through our investigation, it really does seem like this pick will come down to Spack Jarrow or Aksel Fiske. In talking to others in the league, the majority seem to think that Jarrow is the pick here. With Manhattan loading up on superstar prospects on the defensive end in last season's draft (shout-out my good friends @WithTheMooseand @SchwarzNarr!), JayWhy will want to bring in someone on the other end to keep building his championship contending team of the future. HSK has shown a propensity for media (he currently sits at $59 million) as well as the investment and enjoyment of the league that leads us to believe he will be a max earner for his career.

Aurora #2 Overall: @RashfordU - Mikko Rashford (D)

Without a doubt one of my favorite members of this draft class, Rashford is the almost certain selection for Winnipeg here. Ace is looking for a slam dunk earner, as well as somebody that can represent the team well and be a franchise player, and Rashford absolutely fits the bill. He currently leads the class in TPE at 327, is heavily invested in the league, and (as you can see by checking recent posts) is really able to crank out great media at will. He's sitting on $36 million (and counting) currently, and will have no issue continuing on his earning path. On a related note, with his easygoing yet driven nature and ability to connect with others, I look at Rashford as a future SHL GM or Head Office member, as well.

Argonauts #3 Overall: @G2019 - Sconnie McHits (F)

REACHHHHHHH!  Tongue I think Seattle takes me in this spot, as I've had some great conversations with their GMs and really enjoy many of the users they have on their current team and in their prospect pool. I think some people are turned off by my relatively low bank balance ($8 million at time of writing), but I feel that I'm a nailed-on max earner with good money-earning potential (I've churned out media well in all of my sim leagues and am a former English/Language Arts teacher Wink ) and I'm heavily involved in the management and war room side of things in all of my leagues as well. I feel that I can offer some of those extra intangibles as a locker room leader that would make me a good pick at this spot. With that being said, I think they are very fond of HSK as well, so if he slips, I may fall down the draft board a bit.

Aurora #4 Overall: @mer - Aksel Fiske (F)

After taking Rashford at 2oa, Winnipeg is happy to take whichever player is left between Fiske and Jarrow, giving them a formidable 1-2 punch for the future and future stars on both sides of the ice. I've had a chance to get to know mer a bit more lately through our work on the rookie server mock draft, and she's an awesome, invested, friendly, top-tier user. Winnipeg has pretty much nailed the draft after this pick, and still have many more picks to come! mer has a current bank balance of $30 million.

pride #5 Overall: @tommytightpants - Tommy Tightpants (F)

After the top 4, I think things get really interesting. Admittedly, I'm not basing this pick on anything other than a personal hunch, but Tightpants had a fantastic rookie year and would be a great forward for the future for SFP. He's currently sitting on a cool $15 million and shows all the signs of being an active max earner for seasons and seasons to come!

Stampede #6 Overall: @Sburbine - Jay O'Neil (D)

Again a hunch, but if O'Neil falls to 6th, I think it's value that Buffalo can't pass up. Another great user, max earner, and has a very nice bank account at $26 million!

Patriotes #7 Overall: @James Truong - Ben Jammin (D)

The love affair between Jammin and Montreal is no secret, and despite other teams' desires to snag this top-tier prospect before Montreal can, they may fear that he would bolt in free agency and end up in Montreal anyway. Jammin has the 2nd highest TPE in the class at 323 and has a ridiculous $100 million bank account. A slam dunk pick, and Montreal will be thrilled if this comes to fruition.

Aurora #8 Overall: @Symmetrik - Christian Kinsinger (D)

Winnipeg made a recent trade to move up to this pick, clearly seeing immense value in the top 10 of this draft. Symmetrik checks the boxes for them as a great earner and user who has sim league management experience and can be a cornerstone piece to their rebuild. Symmetrik is sitting on $21 million at time of writing, so should have no problem buy max equipment and training.

Inferno #9 Overall: @Briedaqueduc - Paul Koivu (F)

One of the early mock draft determinations for this season was Koivu to Atlanta, and they've said nothing to make us think otherwise. Bried is another outstanding user (are you sensing a theme with this amazing draft class?) and they'll look to them to be a franchise player for them. Koivu has a smooth $60 million in the bank.

Blizzard #10 Overall: @Thunder39 - Jaeger Jones (F)

Edmonton would be thrilled to get a great and dependable recreate forward at 10 with Jaeger Jones. He's a steady presence who should make a big impact once he reaches the SHL level. Jones has $49 million currently.

Stars #11 Overall: @JuOSu - Wendolene Ramsbottom (D)

Man, it really seems like you can throw a dart at this 1st round draft board and hit an outstanding prospect, and this pick is exhibit A. JuOSu is known for being an incredibly consistent earner with a ton of sim league experience, as well as someone with a great deal of "sim luck", as their players always seem to be really good. An absolute steal for Toronto at 11oa, Ramsbottom has $36 million in the bank.

Aurora #12 Overall: @Redderder15 - Jeff Larson (F)

Guess whose pick it is? Winnipeg is up again, and I think they could go with Jeff Larson here as a max earning option to bolster their offense in the future. Redderder15 has $28 million in the bank.

Dragons #13 Overall: @Mook - Eddie Creller (F)

One of my favorite users in the league, Calgary would be thrilled if Mook fell to them at 13. An SHL vet with management experience, Mook is also the build expert in the Anaheim locker room and serves as a laid back but knowledgeable leader. Calgary lucks out and gets a locked-in max earner whose intangibles will pay dividends for the rest of his career. Mook has $46 million in the bank.

Aurora #14 Overall: @"FormuleUn" - Shoyo Hinata (F)

Winnipeg continues to collect high earning prospects by picking Hinata here. FormuleUn has done a great job in their rookie season, even having articles written about how underrated they are. This might also come to fruition in this draft with them being a steal at 14. Hinata has a smooth $31 million currently.

Rage #15 Overall: @FourFour - Akashi SixNine Jr (F)

Manhattan again bolsters their offense with a great earner who has a solid bank account. SixNine is sitting on $40 million and JayWhy will be comfortable and confident in his contributions to the organization moving forward.

Aurora #16 Overall: @OrbitingDeath - Rebecca Montagne (G)

Guess who's back, back again? It's Winnipeg, and they take their goalie of the future and a great user in OrbitingDeath. OD is a sim league vet who is the leading TPE goalie in the class and has an incredible $135 million in the bank. An easy call for Winnipeg here, as they continue to knock this draft out of the park.

Barracuda #17 Overall: @Vaxlare - Zayne Dangle (D)

Another pick that shows how deep this draft is. If Vax does drop to this pick, Dwight Knight will be amped. A max earning defenseman who earns well and is a committed and fun user, Vax has $27 million in the bank.

Patriotes #18 Overall: @brickwall35 - Brick Wall (G)

The second goalie off the board, their close draft position shows that Wall and Montagne are pretty close in rankings. Wall is an active and earning user who will no-doubt be a future all-star in the SHL. Wall has $13 million currently.

Renegades #19 Overall: @Whitecap - Yannick Svoboda (F)

The Renegades are able to snag a max earning forward here in Svoboda, and they have $13 million in the bank.

Steelhawks #20 Overall: @r1c3bowl22 - Borje Samuelsson (D)

Hamilton would be happy to grab this offensive-minded defender with the last pick of the 1st round. He as a great figure to have in the LR, as he keeps things light and fun, and has a solid $22 million in the bank for equipment and training at this time.

Look folks, this mock is not going to net anyone a ton of TPE...this draft is simply way too stacked and has way too many great users, so please don't take this as anything but an attempt at guessing for the most part. I have spent way too much time trying to figure this thing out, and the fact that I still feel this way the day before the draft is telling. With that being said, there are a lot more users who could go in Round 1 in place of these folks, so they are worth mentioning as well:

@MDavidson - Gordie Goodenough (F)
@Durden - Frederico von Schnicktenburg (F)
@CapnCooper - Dirty Boots (D)
@VillageBC - Ignaz Pleyel (F)
@CptGoosar - Stephen Gill (F)
@unconfident69 - Connor O'Byrne (F)
@Crunk - Viktor Krunk (F)

If you've made it this far, thanks so much for reading. This draft really is a crapshoot, and regardless of where they are picking, the potential for future SHL superstars is there for each and every team. Best of luck to everyone in the draft!

(1,821 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Code:
am a former English/Language Arts teacher

cries in essay due in a few days

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

Good stuff, G! Loving the forecast of future GM Rash, think you nailed that. I’ve got 30 top users I’m trying to juggle who could all go first round. Mock drafts are a doozy.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Nice G. Love it. Can safely say that the 3 OA pick is the biggest shock of the draft.

[Image: gill.png]

First baby! Thanks for the love G and the work put into this. Good luck in the draft!

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Nice writeup, thanks for even thinking I'd make the first round haha

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]