Create Account

Petition to move Fantasy Drafts to Discord

There is nothing stopping anyone from conducting their draft on discord. Just post you picks on the thread so there is a record of who has been picked already.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Or just pm the person on discord to pick, it ain't that hard

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

01-11-2022, 01:21 AMCount Chocula Wrote: There is nothing stopping anyone from conducting their draft on discord. Just post you picks on the thread so there is a record of who has been picked already.
Except for the fact that I have no idea what the discord names of the people in my group are. Big brain moment here.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Of course we can make a discord group but I'm just some guy in the group, people won't care enough to join. It would be so much easier if it was just part of the fantasy system.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

What if people doesnt want to use discord? Will they be excluded from fantasy?

01-11-2022, 10:00 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: What if people doesnt want to use discord? Will they be excluded from fantasy?
The vast majority of league activity is already on discord, I doubt the change would effect that many people negatively. I'm sure there are a few people but I've never seen anyone who is just here to look at forum posts and watch sims while hating the discord side of the league.

01-11-2022, 10:09 AMSburbine Wrote:
01-11-2022, 10:00 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: What if people doesnt want to use discord? Will they be excluded from fantasy?
The vast majority of league activity is already on discord, I doubt the change would effect that many people negatively. I'm sure there are a few people but I've never seen anyone who is just here to look at forum posts and watch sims while hating the discord side of the league.

Quite a few on Calgary who don't use discord, why our forum lr is still busy

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

01-11-2022, 10:27 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
01-11-2022, 10:09 AMSburbine Wrote: The vast majority of league activity is already on discord, I doubt the change would effect that many people negatively. I'm sure there are a few people but I've never seen anyone who is just here to look at forum posts and watch sims while hating the discord side of the league.

Quite a few on Calgary who don't use discord, why our forum lr is still busy
You guys might be the only ones left who still regularly use the forum lr. The league shouldn't avoid making changes because a few users can't get with the times.

@3lewsers and @Bayley get in here damn it

What if the vast majority DO want to use discord?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 11:53 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-11-2022, 11:35 AMbrickwall35 Wrote:
What if the vast majority DO want to use discord?

Then they can start their own discord group and do picks there, nothing stopping them. I dont see why we would need to move it off-site. Hoe many groups everyone season doesnt finish before the regular season that makes slow picks that much of a problem? I've managed 1 group since i started that didn't finish before the first sim, and it had like 3 picks left.

Where's the fire?

01-11-2022, 11:48 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
01-11-2022, 11:35 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: What if the vast majority DO want to use discord?

Then they can start their own discord group and do picks there, nothing stopping them. I dont see why we would need to move it off-site. Hoe many groups everyone season doesnt finish before the regular season that makes slow picks that much of a problem? I've managed 1 group since i started that didn't finish before the first sim, and it had like 3 picks left.

Where's the fire?
But why stay with an old system when a new one exists that works much better? Just because something works okay doesn't mean it should never be upgraded.

01-11-2022, 11:57 AMSburbine Wrote:
01-11-2022, 11:48 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Then they can start their own discord group and do picks there, nothing stopping them. I dont see why we would need to move it off-site. Hoe many groups everyone season doesnt finish before the regular season that makes slow picks that much of a problem? I've managed 1 group since i started that didn't finish before the first sim, and it had like 3 picks left.

Where's the fire?
But why stay with an old system when a new one exists that works much better? Just because something works okay doesn't mean it should never be upgraded.

Because as stated above, some people doesnt use discord.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 12:03 PM by leviadan.)

01-11-2022, 09:54 AMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-11-2022, 01:21 AMCount Chocula Wrote: There is nothing stopping anyone from conducting their draft on discord. Just post you picks on the thread so there is a record of who has been picked already.
Except for the fact that I have no idea what the discord names of the people in my group are. Big brain moment here.

Would a (relatively) simple fix to this be allowing people to include their Discord name in their fantasy signup? And then fantasy managers include the discord names provided in their group posts? That way if you end up in a group where everyone has shared their Discord name, you can start the chat and do it off site, posting at the end.

This also allows people that don't want to use Discord to keep doing fantasy, and doesn't require any major overhauls. Also yes maybe you'll be stuck in a forum-based group again, but there's a decent chance you wouldn't be since, as you say, most people use Discord anyway.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

01-11-2022, 12:01 PMleviadan Wrote:
01-11-2022, 09:54 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Except for the fact that I have no idea what the discord names of the people in my group are. Big brain moment here.

Would a (relatively) simple fix to this be allowing people to include their Discord name in their fantasy signup? And then fantasy managers include the discord names provided in their group posts? That way if you end up in a group where everyone has shared their Discord name, you can start the chat and do it off site, posting at the end.

^
And if it isnt included one could just ask.