Create Account

Petition to move Fantasy Drafts to Discord

01-11-2022, 02:30 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Can someone look up how many groups per season that isnt finished before the regular season?

As someone who goes through every single group each season for media I can say this number never exceeds 2-3 groups. The majority of groups always finish before it ever becomes a concern.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 03:01 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-11-2022, 02:35 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-11-2022, 02:30 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Can someone look up how many groups per season that isnt finished before the regular season?
The complaint is the draft taking literal weeks, not that the draft isn't finishing in time.

Why does it matter how long it takes if Its finished on time? I dont really care myself but there's really no need. The biggest thing with fantasy is that we seem to have an inactive head that doesnt keep managers in check.

People who fail to make their picks season after season should also be suspended from signing up at some point to make it smoother.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 03:56 PM by brickwall35.)

01-11-2022, 02:57 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
01-11-2022, 02:35 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: The complaint is the draft taking literal weeks, not that the draft isn't finishing in time.

Why does it matter how long it takes if Its finished on time?
Because it's extremely slow, annoying, and results in people forgetting to even check. It should not take weeks to do this. Also, it doesn't help when fantasy Managers don't even do their jobs and don't keep track of the pick timer or record the picks.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

completely agree.

have been running it in ISFL that way for quite some time, and I will never go back to forum drafts
for as long as I am in charge of the Fantasy department in ISFL.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

01-11-2022, 03:33 PM3lewsers Wrote: completely agree.

have been running it in ISFL that way for quite some time, and I will never go back to forum drafts
How do we get you in charge here?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 10:17 PM by Sburbine.)

[Image: djAOOWa_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

01-11-2022, 02:38 PMluke Wrote: What’s discord?

This thread

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I'm all for making the draft on discord. Sign up post, you post your discord name. Groups get posted in the forums, managers invite to a server, picks made, leave server. Changes are done on the forum, just like they are now. There's no reason for the draft to take weeks. Something needs to happen to speed up the slow drafts.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

01-11-2022, 01:11 PMZootTX Wrote: Frankly, the old guard in this league that's so resistant to change, suggestions, and/or improvement is about the worst part.

Yeahthat  It is everywhere these days but, it gets used over and over in this fantasy discussion.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

I'm in the group who is still mad that we stopped using the post office to draft our fantasy teams. You kids rely on your fancy technology too much.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 09:47 PM by DELIRIVM.)

01-11-2022, 02:49 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote:
01-11-2022, 01:11 PMZootTX Wrote: Frankly, the old guard in this league that's so resistant to change, suggestions, and/or improvement is about the worst part.

Jfc this is so true here. Every single fucking change here, that works very well in a bunch of other leagues is met with the same people offering excuses to keep things the same way.

I'm all for having different sign ups for Fantasy, one for people to do it on discord, and the other for people who want to keep it in the forums. This way no groups are "arranged" as Hall would do the groups anyway.
I joined this league in 2016 right as discord seriously became an option to connect teammates and create opportunities for better league communication. 

My god the whining and crying about discord. People were okay with GroupMe and Chatzy. But bring up discord and people would shit their pants. 

A lot of the same names that were whining back then are now — despite many having actually embraced and started using discord in the 6 years since I’ve been here. Why are you so resistant to change? Why should we forgo progress because a few old fogeys are whining about discord yet again? (Not pointed directly at you Opera, just asking into the Vacuum)

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

01-11-2022, 03:33 PM3lewsers Wrote: completely agree.

Who the heck are you?

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

The hero we need, that's who

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

I would like to bump this thread.

Whatever we do please no custom groups because we all know the no fun havers will cheat

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM