Create Account

S62 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021, 08:36 PM by Ace.)

10-30-2021, 04:53 PMBadWolf Wrote: 1. Update Page
2. AC #389
3. Weekly Training

Graded. 3 completed tasks for $3M. Please remember to create a new post for future claims. @BadWolf
4. Random PT
5. Graphics are hard
6. Deep Dive
7. 150 words on a game I watched
    The date was the 11th of December. The Carolina Kraken was up 3-0 in round 2! The locker room was nervous as we waiting for our game to begin. It started of strong. 8 shots to 0 in 4 min. Tanner quickly scored on shot 9, followed by another Carolina goal on shot 10. The locker room was elated. Would we get the sweep? The Kelowna Knights scored in the second. We ended the second up 2 to 1. It was too close to call, anything could happen. Zukal scored to open the third, the Kelowna desperate to keep up matched the goal. But fates aligned One more goal and the Carolina Kraken swept the Kelowna Knights with a final score of 4 to 2! The locker room was buzzing, we were going to the semifinals! Do we have what it takes to win the cup? One of the best games I have watched in a long time.
8. Old Player

I FINISHED THEM ALL

Graded. 5 tasks for 5M, and a 1M bonus for completion! @BadWolf

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021, 08:33 PM by Ace.)

Task 5 Graphic Submission
Task 6 Deep Dive
Task 7 Watch a stream: Started up the day one stream and would it be wrong for me to write about the nice music during the countdown to the actual stream? I feel like that might be the part I enjoy the most on account of my lack of familiarity with hockey and my low bar for music. Probably not exactly in the spirit of this point task and so I am only including this for completion sake as I could not help but think about it as I was dancing waiting for things to happen. Now that I get to this point I realize I probably could not milk it for 150 words without being really excessively verbose either and I do not really think that I want to do that if I can reasonably avoid it.

Okay I know I am supposed to write about the games that happened, but all I know so far is every so often a noise happens and then familiar music plays. My distant screen and poor eyes might not be good enough for me to complete this point task. Ooh! Timber! They just did the timber song. That at least had lyrics I could web search to source if necessary.

I am actually trying to pay attention now and see what is going on and all I can read is Bold Live Sim. Got my face closer to the screen just in time to see my team lose by what looked like 4 to 1 to I believe the Maine Timber based on musical choice.

It is now the Raptors and the Grizzlies. I was hoping to hear the Raptors sound and it just played, but I have no connection to the sound that it made. Still they are up two to one heading into the third it looks like and I am now wishing I had binoculars. Raptors just scored twice really fast and I think they have this one in the bag.

The streams have a break for line changes and I have to say I dig the graphics for it. Even though the chat is eerily vacant. Games again and no disrespect meant, but I think the Falcons have the worst goal sound thus far as far as my ears are concerned. Ouch. I have officially turned the volume down...the game changed while the volume was down and I missed the final score.

Kraken are currently up one against the Whalers and I am amused by the team names. Vancouver's goal song sounds like a game show to me. Drawback of the casual goal song is while looking at other things they have somehow scored twice more without my noticing. While typing this up the game ended and I missed the final score again. Imagine this would be easier for me if I could actually comprehend what all is going on. Sorry you are having to suffer through this with me in a way.

Good news I made it to the halfway point. Bad news I think they are going over all the happenings by scrolling through index stuff that I cannot comprehend. Will say it does look nice befitting an OOTP product. I think this might be what is referred to as quick-sim over in PBE which would be good for going through stuff. Bad for me though as I can barely see my screen and could not tell you a thing about what is going on now. Yeah this is quick-sim I just saw the loading pop-up.

Ooh! Battleborn are at home against the Knights! Back to stuff I recognize just in time for Battleborn to give up a goal. It's been! It's been redacted redacted! Turkey for the team! This might be the game that I did my graphic for actually so I will have to see if I can pause at the end screen to see if Dave got an assist. Do not like that they have tied it up halfway through the second. Well I think halfway through the second I am honestly not entirely sure how long the periods last for in hockey. Twenty minutes according to the clock at the start of the third and we are now losing by one. It's been tied up! It's been again and Battleborn take the lead! End of the game and we won. I was able to pause to confirm that this was the game where Dave assisted Max Pane in scoring a goal. Dave's first assist of his career! The first of many!

The Scarecrows have scored twice against the Citadelles and I have heard nothing. I appreciate the super quiet goal sound over the super loud one at least. Got it! I heard it that time and I think it is just growing up near farmland made it so that I tuned it out when paying casual attention to the games. It was tied last I was able to actually see the score at three a piece. While the graphics are not spectacular the overall sim itself seems appealing to me and I now really wish that they had managed to make a football sim. Would specify gridiron, but at this point I would take either in their style.

Whalers versus Raptors makes way less sense, but I am imagining Ahab throwing a harpoon at a Tyrannosaurus Rex and it is making me smile. Seems like it is pretty balanced with both at three near the end of the third and we get overtime!

The Armada are up again and I think the song is Drunken Sailor? Not 100% on that, but that is vibe that comes to mind at least. They are up six to one so I have heard it enough to be sure at least that it is what it sounds like to me! I know I know nothing about hockey, but I am going hazard a guess that an eight to five game is high scoring.

Timber are hosting the Falcons and have already scored thrice. This checks out with the deep dive I did earlier that revealed the Falcons gave up a ton of goals this season. It is now four as I was writing those sentences. I am glad it is the Timber hosting given the different sounds, but even so eight times is enough.

Kraken are hosting the Battleborn and I am rooting for my team because I do not remember how this one ends! Battleborn score first at least. Alright they tied it up which is irksome, but credit where it is due that is a great goal sound. We took the lead back three to two and they apparently scored so close together they only got one goal noise. They tied it up halfway through the third. Then took the lead with three minutes left to play. Pain.

Elk hosting Outlaws and based on the time left in the stream I think this might just be the last game. Outlaws are up two, but I am really curious both what the Elk's goal noise might be and if I will even get to hear it. I realize finding a noise fitting an elk would be difficult, but would love something like hooves stomping over just horn noise. They are now down four to one and I am thankful as I was tired when I started the stream.

Overall I liked the experience and I could definitely see myself tuning in when I get a new computer that would allow me to actually watch it on my device. Relatively chill music most of the time, only one really annoying goal noise, and a lot of fun ones. Plus getting to see my team do stuff even if I only barely knew what was going on was pretty cool. Thanks for joining me as I stream of conscious recorded it all. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Code:
Word Count: 1318

Thanks to the motivation provided last time around I was able to get the last three done. Thank you so much for handling this last batch and I wish you all the best!

@Tesla - all tasks completed! Submitting payment now. Good work! 
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 10:18 AM by Seymour.)

First 4 are done link to update page->
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=120041

@BleedBlue52 - 4 tasks for 4m. Please make sure to link all future completed rookie tasks. I verified you completed all 4 by going through your profile. ~ Seymour
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 10:20 AM by Seymour.)

Update page

Activity check

weekly training

PT claim

@Azjha_59 - 4 tasks for 4m. Any future completed Tasks should be entered as a new comment. ~ Seymour