Create Account

Post-Draft Interview: Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson [2X Draft Media]

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA — Newly drafted Nevada Battleborn center Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson agreed to a post-draft interview with the Las Vegas Sun following the S62 SMJHL Draft this evening. The interview was not lengthy, but Lias seemed eager to convey his message, and agreed to answer a few other questions as well.

LVS: Lias, you were on record prior to the draft saying you saw yourself as a first round pick. How do you feel about falling to late in the second round?

LEG: Motivated, I guess.

LVS: Just motivated? No anger there?

LEG: What do you want me to say here? That I think it’s bull…that I’m furious? Yeah, I’m a little disappointed.

LVS: Why do you think you fell as far as you did in the draft?

LEG: I don’t know how I’d be expected to know that. I’m not a GM. I don’t know what was going through their heads.

LVS: So you think they made a mistake?

LEG: I’m not saying every team in that draft that passed on me made a mistake, no. Sometimes you just won’t be a good fit for a team. But I find it really hard to believe that I wouldn’t have been an asset to any of those other teams.

LVS: Are you happy to be joining the Battleborn here in Nevada?

LEG: Of course. I’m playing pro hockey, that’s been my dream since I was a kid. I was never going to be picky about where I ended up, I just uh…you know, I was expecting to be valued a little closer to what I think I’m worth.

LVS: What’s your plan then?

LEG: I’m going to go to Las Vegas and I’m going to play damned good hockey and I’m going to make every person that passed me up in this draft regret it. Look, people have been overlooking me my whole life, this isn’t new, but that’s never been the right call and it wasn’t this time, either.

LVS: Sounds as if you feel like you’ve got something to prove.

LEG: Sure, you can put it that way. I’m just going to go play my game and make my own mark on it the way I’ve always done.

LVS: So you don’t think there was any nepotism at play here?

LEG: What? No. What does that even…I don’t know why you’d ask that. Was somebody’s kid in this draft?

LVS: Never mind. Is there anyone you’d like to thank or say hello to?

LEG: Uh, sure, yeah, thank you to my moms for always having my back and believing in me, my sister Freja for being the worst, and my agent Johnny for keeping me in the loop this week while scouting was going on. I’m going to go sign a contract now.

LVS: Good luck with all of that, and thank you for your time!

Lias will be joining the Battleborn for training camp this week, and we are interested to see how his plans for the future pan out

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Ooo LEG coming in with a vengeance!

Shouldve been a first rounder!

...Or 23rd to not bust the mock drafts haha.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2021, 02:48 PM by Redderder15.)

What are LEG's thoughts on when Jeff will receive his 50 TPE?

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank