Create Account

Regina Elk Captains, Special Announcement and New GM Presser
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 06:22 PM by JURT.)

Hello everyone,

For those of you who might have missed it, I am the new GM of the Regina Elk ever since the previous GMs unfortunately had to step away because of unforeseen IRL circumstances. It's something that I have been wanting for a long time now and although it pained me greatly to leave the Colorado Raptors War Room behind, I am very excited to take on this new challenge. Reprising a team that was just added to the league one season ago is no easy task, but I have good people around me to help me get this done.

I want to thank @overdoo and @Gumbaman for all the hard work and long hours they put into this team, to lay the ground work of this franchise. I will keep working relentlessly to make their vision come true. This is the reason why I haven't and will not consider relocalisation, now or in the future, to make this team into the one I had in mind originally when I also applied for an expansion team. The founders will also live within the Regina Elk by means of the Emergency Back-up Goaltender bot, who shall henceforth be named Gumba Overdoo.

However, it wouldn't be fitting to keep an exact status quo. @Thunder39 and myself did want to make a clear gesture to demonstrate the change in Management without erasing the legacy of Gumba and Overdoo. This is today's special announcement: as we reveal this season's captains, we will also reveal our new jerseys!

This was the most logical place where we could make a change while marking the management change. We wanted to give our jersey a simpler, more classic look. Don't peak ahead, there's one jersey by member of the captains group.

Away jersey - Alternate Captain
This is a S62 first-gen player who has been a stand-up member of the locker and shows great promise in his involvement with managing the team already. He always has just the right word and is open to learn as much as he can. On the ice, he's a Right Winger who registered 19 points in his rookie season, 7 goals and 12 assists. He's going to step into a much bigger role this season both on and off the ice.

Presenting our away jersey, Alternate Captain Yannick Svoboda @Whitecap
[Image: unknown.png]

Home jersey - Alternate Captain
On a team that was made primarily of rookies, this S61 player was put into the spotlight last season and did well with 8 goals and 18 assists for a total of 26 points. Now that last season's rookies are coming into their own to relieve him of some pressure, he'll be well surrounded and can only help the sophomores achieve their potential as they help him reach his. Off the ice, this is undoubtedly the talkative one in the locker room, but never with a bad word to say to anyone. He stepped up big time during the GM transition to keep the locker room alive and saved his GMs life at the draft when he came in at the last minute to do some very needed book-keeping work in the draft sheets.

Presenting our home jersey, Alternate Captain Sam Siege @EsAmYk

Alternate jersey - Captain
Our captain this season is a veteran of many seasons, one of very few recreates inside our locker room. A calm and respected presence who knows what it takes to have success in this league both as a player and as a team, they are exemplary by their work ethic and positive attitude. Despite some weird things happening in the sim and the hardships of being the starting goalie for an expansion team, they climbed every obstacle and came ou with their head up high and a .904 save percentage.

I am indeed talking about our starting goalie. Presenting our alternate jersey (on a skater's template, sorry), the Regina Elk S62 Captain and second captain in team history: Rebecca Montagne @OrbitingDeath

Congratulations and thank you for all you're doing for this franchise to each of you!

Now, I figured this is also a good moment to make a presser as new GM so fire away with your questions!

11-02-2021, 08:33 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Those jerseys are fire hot damn
no u <3

11-02-2021, 08:40 PMEvok Wrote: Canadiens but in purple
I can neither confirm nor deny that

11-02-2021, 08:45 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: WOW GOOD 4 U
I look happy and healthy, there I adressed it

11-02-2021, 08:51 PMjay2233 Wrote: Question for Mr Lespoils: do people in Regina call you Lespoils or JURT?

Bold of you to assume they call me at all :pepehands:

Really tho, it's mostly lespoils or just les, although there is one who calls me spoils and I'm not sure if he's just messing with me or not.

11-02-2021, 09:24 PMVaxlare Wrote: Q: What is the biggest hurdle you see facing Regina this season and in the future?

The biggest challenge this season is going to be about taking that young motivated squad and make them competitive despite a lower TPE average. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to do so, because I've been able to succeed so far when GMing lower-TPE squads and don't want to let my new team down, but on paper we're far from being favorites to get a long way into the playoffs.

On the long term, having to build a whole locker room from almost scratch is going to be hard. I don't have a large group of alumni to pop into the LR now and then like we had when I was in the Colorado War Room so a lot of it relies on myself, my co-GM and a few dedicated people.

11-03-2021, 08:14 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: okay since my first reply was not good enough for you to address:

What kinds of activities do you have planned for the REG locker room?

Have you considered what a missed opportunity it was to use the REG tricode instead of the much more satisfying ELK?

who is your favorite SMJHL GM and why?

I do love me some Jackbox, but the players will be the ones making the final call. Wouldn't want to organize stuff that no one is interested in.

I have not considered that, I conform to the normal use of the team's location instead of team name for the tricode, unless some weird teams like Nevada who take their two B's from the team's name instead.

You are and you know why.

11-04-2021, 12:10 AMbdu754 Wrote: oh hey this is a presser nice

so uh

JURT

how do u get the beeg yoshi?

I love the beeg yoshi

11-04-2021, 04:40 PMmer Wrote: what’s your favorite aspect of GM-ing so far?

I like the social aspect more, talking to people, either to recruit them or keep them invested in the team and the league.

11-04-2021, 09:50 PMGraydonsanatomy Wrote: Being in the Colorado War Room helped you gain a bundle of experience to take on this GM opportunity. What do you take away from your time there?

Oh gosh, there's just so much. I miss Colorado a bunch, I think it's a vibrant LR and the way it was built over the time is what I aspire to do as well. From Trips to Jumbo and Ruggs, not forgetting Birdman of course, I think what I really learnt from being in the Colorado War Room is that no amount of earning can compensate for having a shitty attidude in the locker room.

Code:
Ready for grading

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Those jerseys are fire hot damn

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Canadiens but in purple

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

WOW GOOD 4 U

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

*peek*

Question for Mr Lespoils: do people in Regina call you Lespoils or JURT?

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

First off, congrats JURT.

Q: What is the biggest hurdle you see facing Regina this season and in the future?

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

An honor to be chosen ♡ Thank you all

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Love the new looks!

[Image: banes.png]

Updated to here

okay since my first reply was not good enough for you to address:

What kinds of activities do you have planned for the REG locker room?

Have you considered what a missed opportunity it was to use the REG tricode instead of the much more satisfying ELK?

who is your favorite SMJHL GM and why?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

oh hey this is a presser nice

so uh

JURT

how do u get the beeg yoshi?

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

what’s your favorite aspect of GM-ing so far?

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Being in the Colorado War Room helped you gain a bundle of experience to take on this GM opportunity. What do you take away from your time there?

Oh shit, completely forgot about this.

Updated to here and ready to grade.