Create Account

A Change is Needed: Player Builds

11-04-2021, 03:18 PMRankle Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:30 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: I personally just think it's going to be a neverending cat and mouse game, just like how IRL security researchers are constantly trying to fix exploits that are developed by hackers

I don't know if there is a good solution to introducing more build diversity and player agency, but I think that harsher regression is the best solution to most of our problems and would:
1) introduce more parity at the top of the league since dynasties like HAM/BUF will no longer last 10 seasons
2) lowers the timeframe for team rebuilds which will make GMing for a bad team much less daunting (since number of GM applications are now an issue)
3) (debatable) shorter careers will be more attractive/less daunting. my player's been alive for 3 IRL years at this point and is still at 1600 TPE. this is a massive commitment that I probably would not have made if I had known about how long player careers would be back when I joined

It very well could be a never-ending game of rebalancing, people figuring out a meta, and then rebalancing around that. But wouldn't that be better than just sitting here with the same meta builds perpetually? Yeah we might never find the "perfect" balance solution but imo it's worth it to at least try because archetypes changing every once in a while would at least keep things interesting.

I'm also in favor of a harsher regression, but I think archetypes can be part of the solution as well.
This guy gets it

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

This sucks pbe sucks

Let us go over 20 in attributes

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

11-05-2021, 04:17 PMFitted2106 Wrote: This sucks pbe sucks

I'm all for going over 20 in certain attributes, but without archetypes wouldn't we just see defensive read and checking over 20 for everyone?

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

11-05-2021, 06:36 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-05-2021, 04:17 PMFitted2106 Wrote: This sucks pbe sucks

I'm all for going over 20 in certain attributes, but without archetypes wouldn't we just see defensive read and checking over 20 for everyone?

Yeah if people are lame as fuck defense sucks it dumb

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

11-05-2021, 08:16 PMFitted2106 Wrote:
11-05-2021, 06:36 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm all for going over 20 in certain attributes, but without archetypes wouldn't we just see defensive read and checking over 20 for everyone?

Lame as fuck got HAM 4 cups and 2 other finals appearances in the past 9 seasons

11-05-2021, 08:16 PMFitted2106 Wrote:
11-05-2021, 06:36 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm all for going over 20 in certain attributes, but without archetypes wouldn't we just see defensive read and checking over 20 for everyone?

dont u tlak shit about my fence

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Hmm, so essentially creating strengths and weaknesses. We used to have those!
On a more serious note I'm picking up what you're putting down and I could get behind it. Builds should have inherit weaknesses. Not everyone should have the ability to be an immaculate skater and shooter and defender. Pick a lane.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 02:47 AM by Redderder15.)

11-04-2021, 02:33 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:30 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: I personally just think it's going to be a neverending cat and mouse game, just like how IRL security researchers are constantly trying to fix exploits that are developed by hackers

I don't know if there is a good solution to introducing more build diversity and player agency, but I think that harsher regression is the best solution to most of our problems and would:
1) introduce more parity at the top of the league since dynasties like HAM/BUF will no longer last 10 seasons
2) lowers the timeframe for team rebuilds which will make GMing for a bad team much less daunting (since number of GM applications are now an issue)
3) (debatable) shorter careers will be more attractive/less daunting. my player's been alive for 3 IRL years at this point and is still at 1600 TPE. this is a massive commitment that I probably would not have made if I had known about how long player careers would be back when I joined
I would love to shorten careers with regression, but won't that just lead to shorter careers with the same meta builds?
What I'm thinking is that the meta builds will remain but this will tackle the same teams at the top for so long, as trading picks for players will really hurt long term when your players regress faster and assets will lose value quickly if you want to have guys at their peak. 2k guys will be more like rentals than long term solves as you will only get a few seasons out of them before they are no longer a top-tier player

Edit: Also more recreates will make drafts stronger and more essential, not sure if that's good or bad

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

Hopefully this gets addressed at the beginning of next season

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]