Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

Wait so you can use illegal assets to gain a near top 10 reddit pick and it only costs you a forfeited 3rd?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Free Infidel

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

11-04-2021, 07:58 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Wait so you can use illegal assets to gain a near top 10 reddit pick and it only costs you a forfeited 3rd?

Depends on who you are

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 08:08 AM by JR95.)

11-04-2021, 02:32 AMnour Wrote: In addition, there exists the option to force Toronto to take Shepard without retention, which at the surface feels like the easiest call, but also presents its own issues. It unfairly punishes Toronto for something that was entirely not their fault. It's Winnipeg's responsibility to verify the legality of the assets they move, not Toronto's, which was something everyone in Head Office came to an agreement on, and forcing Toronto to take Shepard at full salary forces them to take the trade at terms they never agreed to (Kluster himself told me that the only reason he parted with a 1st rounder was for that salary retention for example), which is something we're never comfortable doing in HO.

I really don't agree with this. The onus is on both GMs to verify the legality of assets. I don't know very many GMs who wouldn't check contract statuses themselves prior to a trade. Ignorance and/or laziness is not an excuse. If he only parted with 1st for salary retention, he shoulda fucking checked if it was even doable.

Lets just do some illegal retention trades, it's only a third as punishment and there's rarely ever players worth signing in the third round anyway. You know with cap constraints and all.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 08:21 AM by Tomen.)

I don't get how you said there is no precedent for this considering that when MAN traded Luke to TBB it had also included an illegal retention and I brought this up in the HO channel and the result was just that MAN and TBB renegotiated ( IIRC it ended up with TBB paying less assets). So shouldn't the precedent then be established as a renegotiation?

This is from the team channel to HO.
[Image: ZSI5hqw.png]

Also why is there no probation included in this punishment for the GM side?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

11-04-2021, 06:28 AMluketd Wrote: It’s still an illegal trade. There shouldn’t be any retention on Sheppard but there is. But the punishment for retaining it is a 3rd?
I get where HO is coming from but it’s an illegal trade straight from a rulebook. Make them renegotiate.

Especially since if it was caught before approval they would have had to renegotiate. So now the precedent is if they retained, it wasn’t caught, and it’s too “late” for a reversal it stands.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

I wish I had the time to sit down and properly eviscerate this decision. Shameful.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-04-2021, 08:22 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: I wish I had the time to sit down and properly eviscerate this decision. Shameful.

Youre a shameful

Punish ML, it's all their fault.

Lucky for Toronto the leagues favorite scapegoat stepped down just in time.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

This is blatant favoritism and it is absolutely disgusting to me. There has NEVER been something so cut and dry. The rules say this isn't allowed, any time this has happened before and gotten approved, the teams were forced to renegotiate. Yet now this time because it's a new guy in Toronto that you guys like, oh well let's not make it their fault. Let's reframe it to fuck over the new guy in Winnipeg, but ignore the new guy in Toronto's culpability.

This is the most ridiculous decision that could have been made. This ignores all precedent because you like one person more. What do I have to do to be allowed to make illegal trades? Make you cookies? Be shit at my job and go "i made a fucky wucky?" Horseshit. Absolute fucking horseshit.

I get it, Luke was the backbone of the HO and you'rea fucking coward who doesn't want people mad at you. But you've been in this role long enough to be able to fucking enforce the rules, and if you refuse to do so based on the very clear precedent, then you're failing at your job and spitting in our fucking faces.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

11-04-2021, 07:54 AMleviadan Wrote: HO can't dodge accountability with this early morning post because I rigged my phone to go off like an amber alert every time a punishment thread goes up

how you do this?

this is a serious question and not me being sassy, but has the non-offending party in an illegal trade ever been punished for it? Is there any precedent for that at all? I don't understand why people are suddenly expecting TOR to have babysat another GM to make sure both halves of a trade were legal. Has that ever been a thing? Hasn't the onus always been on individual teams to make sure the asset they personally are moving is able to be moved?

Like sure, it would be nice for a GM to be like "hey we might want to rethink this because your half of this trade seems illegal and you could get slapped for it" but as far as I know there is no precedent for that and no grounds in the rulebook for punishing someone for not doing it. Like, as a GM I'm going to mind my own house - if I see something egregious I'm going to call it out but I don't think it's my mandated responsibility to make sure other people know how to do their jobs.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

11-04-2021, 09:03 AMJayWhy Wrote: I get it, Luke was the backbone of the HO and you'rea fucking coward who doesn't want people mad at you. But you've been in this role long enough to be able to fucking enforce the rules, and if you refuse to do so based on the very clear precedent, then you're failing at your job and spitting in our fucking faces.

basically this. Time for someone who has time to give a shit

11-04-2021, 09:08 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: this is a serious question and not me being sassy, but has the non-offending party in an illegal trade ever been punished for it? Is there any precedent for that at all? I don't understand why people are suddenly expecting TOR to have babysat another GM to make sure both halves of a trade were legal. Has that ever been a thing? Hasn't the onus always been on individual teams to make sure the asset they personally are moving is able to be moved?

Like sure, it would be nice for a GM to be like "hey we might want to rethink this because your half of this trade seems illegal and you could get slapped for it" but as far as I know there is no precedent for that and no grounds in the rulebook for punishing someone for not doing it. Like, as a GM I'm going to mind my own house - if I see something egregious I'm going to call it out but I don't think it's my mandated responsibility to make sure other people know how to do their jobs.
Yes, it has been. I had to renegotiate trades for this exact same situation, as have others. We have all had situations where we lost assets over this, but suddenly this team gets off free.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE