Create Account

SMJHL Preseason Punishments Update

Good day SMJHL community. It’s come to our attention that a few things in the rulebook were missed by more than one entity, be they simmers, teams, etc, this preseason. While these infractions are against the rulebook, we in J HO deliberated for a bit and have come to a unanimous agreement. We feel it is overly harsh to punish GMs or Simmers for small mistakes in preseason given that the games ultimately do not overly affect the regular season or playoffs, and do not offer a serious competitive advantage. Thus we wish to formally let everyone know that we will be more lenient on small infractions committed during preseason that do not overwhelmingly negatively impact the community.

However, should it be found that people are disregarding the rulebook in grossly negligent ways, then we still reserve the right to hand down necessary punishments. For example, missing one goalie swap may not need a full punishment on the simmer, but blatantly disregarding all goalie swaps for a day is still grossly negligent. Preseason should be a time for shenanigans, but still not overwhelming abuse of the system. Teams will still be warned about illegal mistakes, and will be expected to fix them by the start of the regular season. Teams will still be punished should they have been warned and still not fix it in the regular season.

This will be reflected in the SMJHL Rulebook as the new 9.A at the very bottom as “Pre-Season Infractions”, and everything else will be shifted down one accordingly.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 04:50 AM by Mutedfaith.)

11-05-2021, 05:56 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Preseason should be a time for shenanigans

Absolutely disagree. Preseason is a way for new GMs to get used to using FHM. A way for teams with a lot of new players to see how their lines would work out in a competitive environment. A way for new players, or players gaining a lot of offseason TPE, to see how they and their team measure up against opponents.

Meme lines and other "shenanigans" are dumb, unnecessary and disrespectful to opponents, players and the league. They have no place in hockey, real or simmed, in whatever part of the season.

I don't disagree with not cracking down hard on small mistakes during preseason tho, fwiw. Especially with newer GMs and simmers.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

11-06-2021, 04:47 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
11-05-2021, 05:56 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Preseason should be a time for shenanigans

Absolutely disagree. Preseason is a way for new GMs to get used to using FHM. A way for teams with a lot of new players to see how their lines would work out in a competitive environment. A way for new players, or players gaining a lot of offseason TPE, to see how they and their team measure up against opponents.

Meme lines and other "shenanigans" are dumb, unnecessary and disrespectful to opponents, players and the league. They have no place in hockey, real or simmed, in whatever part of the season.

I don't disagree with not cracking down hard on small mistakes during preseason tho, fwiw. Especially with newer GMs and simmers.

Yes, the 7 game sample size where half the teams end up auto lined or close to it and a good chunk of the players forgot to update their builds coming from offseason is an absolutely fantastic testing area for your lines and you totally get a representative idea of what your team's power is compared to the rest of the league.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

11-06-2021, 07:23 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
11-06-2021, 04:47 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Absolutely disagree. Preseason is a way for new GMs to get used to using FHM. A way for teams with a lot of new players to see how their lines would work out in a competitive environment. A way for new players, or players gaining a lot of offseason TPE, to see how they and their team measure up against opponents.

Yes, the 7 game sample size where half the teams end up auto lined or close to it and a good chunk of the players forgot to update their builds coming from offseason is an absolutely fantastic testing area for your lines and you totally get a representative idea of what your team's power is compared to the rest of the league.
You missed the part where I said its bad people don't take it serious? Because that addresses like 90% of your post.

11-06-2021, 08:44 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
11-06-2021, 07:23 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Yes, the 7 game sample size where half the teams end up auto lined or close to it and a good chunk of the players forgot to update their builds coming from offseason is an absolutely fantastic testing area for your lines and you totally get a representative idea of what your team's power is compared to the rest of the league.
You missed the part where I said its bad people don't take it serious? Because that addresses like 90% of your post.
Did you miss the part where blowing off preseason is actually a good idea or did no one explain that to you? Imagine, that withholding information on my tactics, and purposefuly making my team play very bad makes it so people can't actuall do their lines properly until the start of the regular season which *SHOCKER* is the actual part that fucking matters. If I have the ability to set up my lines properly without having to rely on 4000 test sims, I can just completely block all the information from anyone in the league and not allow them to even be in the ballpark of what my actual performance is, which ultimately gains points again and again and again over the course of the season. But hey, why actually think about how to improve my team instead of sending passive aggresive bullshit on the forums about stuff I have no idea about?

11-06-2021, 01:55 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
11-06-2021, 08:44 AMMutedfaith Wrote: You missed the part where I said its bad people don't take it serious? Because that addresses like 90% of your post.
Did you miss the part where blowing off preseason is actually a good idea or did no one explain that to you? Imagine, that withholding information on my tactics, and purposefuly making my team play very bad makes it so people can't actuall do their lines properly until the start of the regular season which *SHOCKER* is the actual part that fucking matters. If I have the ability to set up my lines properly without having to rely on 4000 test sims, I can just completely block all the information from anyone in the league and not allow them to even be in the ballpark of what my actual performance is, which ultimately gains points again and again and again over the course of the season. But hey, why actually think about how to improve my team instead of sending passive aggresive bullshit on the forums about stuff I have no idea about?

Dude, you came in here like a fucking smartass with a 100% sarcastic reply to someone's legit concerns on the matter, and you're talking about "passive aggressive bullshit"? Come on now.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

11-06-2021, 03:12 PMGrapehead Wrote:
11-06-2021, 01:55 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Did you miss the part where blowing off preseason is actually a good idea or did no one explain that to you? Imagine, that withholding information on my tactics, and purposefuly making my team play very bad makes it so people can't actuall do their lines properly until the start of the regular season which *SHOCKER* is the actual part that fucking matters. If I have the ability to set up my lines properly without having to rely on 4000 test sims, I can just completely block all the information from anyone in the league and not allow them to even be in the ballpark of what my actual performance is, which ultimately gains points again and again and again over the course of the season. But hey, why actually think about how to improve my team instead of sending passive aggresive bullshit on the forums about stuff I have no idea about?

Dude, you came in here like a fucking smartass with a 100% sarcastic reply to someone's legit concerns on the matter, and you're talking about "passive aggressive bullshit"? Come on now.

yes, if you take those words out of context I can "come on now"

11-06-2021, 03:17 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
11-06-2021, 03:12 PMGrapehead Wrote: Dude, you came in here like a fucking smartass with a 100% sarcastic reply to someone's legit concerns on the matter, and you're talking about "passive aggressive bullshit"? Come on now.

yes, if you take those words out of context I can "come on now"

What am I taking out of context dude? You've been a complete fucking asshole in this thread with both your replies.

11-06-2021, 03:43 PMGrapehead Wrote:
11-06-2021, 03:17 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: yes, if you take those words out of context I can "come on now"

What am I taking out of context dude? You've been a complete fucking asshole in this thread with both your replies.

Maybe a good point then to not insert yourself into a conversation you don't want to be a part of.

Btw, "passive aggresive bullshit that you have no idea about" is the context you are looking for. I am just fucking done tiptoing around people on the forums talking big shit and missing every single word because we all want to be little babies to each other, I am fucking done watching idiots flap their lids at decisions that make complete sense because fuck you, I know better, despite the fact the decision doesn't involve me whatsoever. He wants to bitch at stuff? Fine, but I am bitching back.

When did we implement a "Thunder Dome everywhere" system?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Off-season so long these kids getting feisty eh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 04:33 PM by Grapehead.)

11-06-2021, 03:53 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
11-06-2021, 03:43 PMGrapehead Wrote: What am I taking out of context dude? You've been a complete fucking asshole in this thread with both your replies.

Maybe a good point then to not insert yourself into a conversation you don't want to be a part of.

Btw, "passive aggresive bullshit that you have no idea about" is the context you are looking for. I am just fucking done tiptoing around people on the forums talking big shit and missing every single word because we all want to be little babies to each other, I am fucking done watching idiots flap their lids at decisions that make complete sense because fuck you, I know better, despite the fact the decision doesn't involve me whatsoever. He wants to bitch at stuff? Fine, but I am bitching back.

That... doesn't change the context lmao I was laughing at you being an asshole but trying to frame it as the other person being passive aggressive. The fact that the sentence had a few more words doesn't change how hilarious it is to watch someone be a complete jackass while trying to make the other person look/feel stupid. That's all without getting into the subject of treating preseason like a game of three-card monte, which I also think makes you a jackass.

and I know I'm a jackass too

11-06-2021, 01:55 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
11-06-2021, 08:44 AMMutedfaith Wrote: You missed the part where I said its bad people don't take it serious? Because that addresses like 90% of your post.
Yes because that's what everyone everywhere in hockey does. Right? Just play preseason with garbage lines, to not make opponents any wiser?

I'd rather abandon test sims, than preseason. For the exact reason you stated.

And dont worry buddy, I'll work on my team being better. Perhaps you should work on getting a better attitude towards a community driven game.

Preseason is when you run the all goon lineup

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-06-2021, 05:02 PMMutedfaith Wrote:
11-06-2021, 01:55 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Did you miss the part where blowing off preseason is actually a good idea or did no one explain that to you? Imagine, that withholding information on my tactics, and purposefuly making my team play very bad makes it so people can't actuall do their lines properly until the start of the regular season which *SHOCKER* is the actual part that fucking matters. If I have the ability to set up my lines properly without having to rely on 4000 test sims, I can just completely block all the information from anyone in the league and not allow them to even be in the ballpark of what my actual performance is, which ultimately gains points again and again and again over the course of the season. But hey, why actually think about how to improve my team instead of sending passive aggresive bullshit on the forums about stuff I have no idea about?
Yes because that's what everyone everywhere in hockey does. Right? Just play preseason with garbage lines, to not make opponents any wiser?

I'd rather abandon test sims, than preseason. For the exact reason you stated.

And dont worry buddy, I'll work on my team being better. Perhaps you should work on getting a better attitude towards a community driven game.

More people on this site called me a good GM than know who you even are.