Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

Prompt 2

From the outside, it might not look like the Seattle Argonauts have gone through a huge amount of change over this off-season. But low player turnover may be the best thing for this still-young franchise!
We had 2 retirees in the off-season, Eero Makinen Jr and Thomas Vanice. They were the third line wingers last season, an important role for sure, but luckily not rocking the boat too much at the top end of the line up. One of their replacements was already ready to go! Daud Ramza, fresh off being the Regina Elk’s inaugural Captain and undoubted MVP, is promoted to the big leagues. It will be interesting to see how he fits the team, as he is ostensibly a centre, but the third line was ably centred by Ramzas countryman, Davenport, last season. That still left a space, hmmm maybe there is someone in free agency to pick up to plug the gap? Oh there is? Only former Buffalo Stampede star Bobby Sharp! A player who was league MVP as recently as S58! A big name signing there, a veteran winger, who just a few seasons ago was MVP and top point scorer. Not only a great signing, but a huge statement of intent from Seattle, who are aiming for a playoff run, in no uncertain terms!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Task 2:

I am confident about the upcoming season. Seattle Argonauts will continue its rebuilding or retooling. We are not a primary candidate to win our division but there is a good chance that we will finish TOP3. Our goaltending remains same but all the defenders are now one season more experienced and of course captain Darrow fights well against regression and leads our locker room with this great presence. When it comes to attacking, I expect mr. Darzins to replay his great form from last season and also number one center Sutherland should be even better this year because he has passed limit of 2100 TPE. Myself and fellow S56 winger mr. Podzalcone will try to improve because both of us are around 1500 TPE at the moment. JURT will be a great 2C who can play good in attack and defense. I also expect to play with mr. Sharp who came to the team as a new member this offseason. He has experince from winning environments and cultures so it will be nice to learn some details from him for sure.

[Image: salming.png]

Season 61 was supposed to be a big one for the Kraken. We had a ton of depth, were top heavy with 425 and an extremely solid mid-tier. It was supposed to be our season. It certainly started out strong. A couple trade deadline additions made our chances seem even better. However, we seemed to sputter near the end of the season, and even though we had a first round bye in the playoffs, that sputter bled over into our matchup against the Quebec City Citadelles in which we were swept. It was a sad ending. Not just for the team as a whole, but for some truly great squidlets who were moving on to the SHL.

The offseason felt different. It was much quieter than usual. Our rookies (who are no longer rookies) seemingly disappeared after a season of being a pretty rowdy bunch. The big personalities weren’t as present as they had been in the past. There wasn’t nearly as much hype for Season 62 as there was for Season 61. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a ton to be hyped about.

The S62 draft saw the Kraken jump up to 1st overall to land a huge name - Ergo Nomic (BadWolf). The huge Season 60 draft class is stepping up into their 425 builds and a bigger role on the team. We have a super solid core that is extremely top heavy and a lot of depth with the lower end guys still earning. I think there is just as much to be excited about in Season 62 as there was in Season 61. Maybe we’re just being more humble about it this time around.

Prompt 2
278 words

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Prompt 2:

The Philadelphia Forge have had quite the off season. Coming off the back of a third place finish in the Atlantic division it could have been tempting to hold fast and take the conservative route during the off season, especially considering the relative strength of both the Baltimore Platoon and the Tampa Bay Barracuda. However with Montreal electing to tear it all down in an effort to compete with the perrenial powerhouses in the Great Lakes Division the opportunity to sign a proven top line forward was irresistable. Acquiring Kaarlo Kekkonen for a pretty modest outgoing gave the Forge a bonifide superstar to lead the team. On top of this we also managed to land Samuel Michaud in free agency which bolstered an already incredibly strong blue line. With the addition of both of these top class players as well as the promotion of Evil AllBran there is a really positive feeling around the team going into the new season and expectations are high that we can make a push to get out of the first round this season.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Naturally, by having only one player so far in the league, Luukas Lilja would be placed into the Up-and-Comers along with his current teammates #A-Rye Izzy, Richard "Dick" LaFleur and Alexis Saint-Michel. Along in the Up and coming lineup would include his former teammate Jimmy Jimmy, who was recently found out to be an impostor among us, under the identity "Kai Ichinose"

At first glance, all 4 of us knew that something was off. They told us to meet at this small resolution airport in Virginia, where we would fly to an undisclosed location for our first practices. When we eventually boarded the plane, it had an eerie presence, and such scent that could not be described at all. In the intercomms, the pilot announces us that we will take off, and we were immediately sedated with some form of gas. The effects from the gas lasted approximately up to 48 hours, in which time some people had the time to undress us, insert a chip in us, and lay us onto our "beds" in the "barracks"

Lilja wakes up to a bright light in the sky, and so do the rest of the 4, on top of everyone else in the barracks at the time, something close to 30 people in total. After that, announcer begins to tell us what is going on in here. Turns out the scouts were lying all along, the Up-and-Coming team was all a disguise, it was the Squid Games team all along, and now the 4 of us, Lilja, Jimmy, LaFleur and Izzy have to fight for our spot in the team in deadly games against everybody else.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Written Task: A new NEVER seen before prompt.... How has your team changed over the offseason? What have they added, lost? How are you feeling about this season? Pumped to try and make a name for yourself and hopefully do some damage in the playoffs? Or numb because you know the cup champion before the season even starts and are just looking forward to some juicy offseason drama in the s62 offseason?

The nature of the SMJHL is very fluid as players move on to the bigs.  It wouldn’t be a stretch to suggest that perhaps the window of opportunity for the Colorado Raptors has temporarily closed after losing out to Vancouver in the semi-finals in S61.  Significant pieces have departed:

G  Zhen Roza (56 GP)
Jack Nishimori (57 Pts.)
Artemius Nystrom (54 Pts.)
Angus McFife XVIII (50 Pts.)

I know I have missed a few players here, but these guys seemed to be the most significant losses both in terms of point production as well as their leadership.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that the Raptors won’t be competitive.  There are a number of returnees as well as new conscripts who will be able to contribute at a high level.  My player, Rinky McDangle, who led the team in scoring last year, will be returning.  Although he may not be able to duplicate his output from S61, he should be a major contributor.

Personally, I am looking forward to a pretty exciting season.  The off-season was waaaaay. Too long !!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

The Buffalo Stampede didn’t see a whole lot of changes, however perhaps the largest change was losing star defenseman Aumy Jr., due to cap restraints. But teams built like Buffalo don’t need to make radical changes very off season, they’ve built an organization with talent from the top down, and this is evidenced is in their recent success in both the regular and post- season.

One major addition to their talent pool was stealing Daniel Merica Jr. out of the hellhole in Winnipeg, a real- life hostage rescue situation, and it only cost them a 2nd round pick. Merica Jr. has proven to be a TPE guzzler and will be nearing the 1000 TPE threshold when it comes time for him to make his debut in S63 for the Stampede. We don’t really know yet if he will be a franchise player, but for the price of a measly second round pick, we’ll, you take those odds.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Prompt 2

Anaheim underwent several changes to finish off the season and throughout the offseason. Losing their #1 goaltender to unforeseen circumstances was something no one expected. The goalie disappeared from the training facilities a bit before playoffs never to be seen again, and before the season began, they appeared quickly to announce their retirement before ninja-dusting themselves into the shadows again. No explanation, just poof. I get it, sim leagues can be stressful and if its what they needed to cut some stress out of their life, I support it.

Luckily they had a very strong draft, better than they expected to get in a very shallow draft class. Finally adding some beef to their defensive corps, Borje will be happy to have someone actively trying to get better alongside him, instead of being the lone ranger. This season might hold some surprises for the Anaheim Outlaws, but one thing is for sure, they are headed in the right direction as an organization, building their talent pool up to make a run for the 4* cup in S63/S64

[Image: creller_dragons.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 09:28 AM by By-Tor.)

Prompt 2: 

Both my SHL and SMJHL team have seen major changes this season and are facing an uphill battle. Briefly on what I am going to be called up to next year: the Winnipeg Aurora were in the middle of offseason discussions with their draft strategy. The LR has exploded with newbies and the rebuild is officially underway. Anyone who was not tied to the team either jumped ship or was sent off. Just to give you an idea of their season...I am 3rd on their D depth chart and still in juniors. 

As for my Scarecrows, we had a few players graduate to the big leagues and filled the holes with IAs or very young draft picks. I can't say I'm necessarily excited for this season, but I have hope we can work hard and push out a few wins. When I was testing this weekend, I couldn't secure us more than a handful of wins. It'll be a rough one. That's okay though - we'll try our best and try to have fun along the way. I probably wont get that Four-Star, though. Which is a shame because I did get a WJC gold and I'd love to be a part of the triple gold club. 

(206 WC)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Prompt 2:

Maine have added a brand new centre by the name Emerson Porzingis the rookie centre will look to be owning the face off draw but also being able to pick you’re pocket and show his impressive two way game, but also with the new additions we have the remaining players only getting better and reaching there top ability, Jay Cue is going to be a massive threat on the score sheet this season, also the new play style that he’s going to be living in the head of the everyone he matches up against after putting a lot of training into his physical play and net front ability will definitely be looking to score but also drop you’re players to the ice, then you have Scaradog Jr. the leading scorer last season who's only getting better and better his offensive ability for a second line winger if he stays there for this season as well it’s second to none, trying to replace him is going to be a very tough call whenever he decides to get called up, but this Maine team look to try and take it all this season as they are very well developed now.

205 words

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

Prompt 1 - Somehow, for some reason, Duncan Mackenzie has been selected to the Up and Comers team. It was a shock to be joining players like Alexis Saint-Michel, fellow Knight Leons Breidis, Greyson Cooper and Grogu Mandosson on a team designed to show the old guard what can be done with a little youth and enthusiasm. It was easy to settle in with the folks I recognized from my time in Kelowna or the training camps with the Calgary Dragons. The others that I only recognized by my time hunting them down on the ice for hits were a bit different.

The first practice started at a very high intensity and went upwards from there. The coach made one thing clear, we cannot beat the Superstars with our skill, the Grizzled Vets will beat us with treachery and wiles and the Hall of Famers will just be happy to be playing and not be dead. The big advantage we have is our energy, so every shift will be played at the maximum and that starts in practice. Hits come fast and furious. Grogu lines me up and just eases off at the last second, avoiding plastering my brains over the ice. Then bag skates start. Once the first guy pukes, the intensity then begins to ramp up. It is going to be a loooooong training camp.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Prompt 2:

Looking forward to another exciting season in Texas this season. Texas had a crushing defeat in the Final last season losing 4-0. We believe we have gotten better in the offseason and are looking forward to raising that cup once again! The Renegades had somewhat of quiet offseason when it came to switching up the roster however there are a few notable changes. Joseph Fantobens hung up his hat over the offseason leaving a gap open which will be replaced by Bjorn Bjorn, coming up from the Carolina organization. Outside of this move, we've switched our backup goalie from Elle Rush to Edward Teach to backing Kavanagh up between the pipes. From the SHL draft this offseason, Texas picked up Dirty Boots, Ka Chow and Kentaro Kikuchi. Looking forward to seeing what these new prospects can bring up in the big leagues in just a few short seasons. As for Kavanagh, he's looking to have another career year in the crease and do everything he possibly can to help the Renegades return to the Finals once again.

177 Word Count

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Prompt 1:

When Eero Makela received word that he was selected for the Up and Comers team in THE GAME, he was initially confused. "I'm not particularly good and don't play a high event game," he said, scratching at the stubble on his chin. "Why would they choose me?" Still, the rest of the Calgary Dragons locker room treated it as an honor, so he went along with it. Teammates Alexis Saint-Michel and Videl Valor were also selected for the squad, giving the Dragons some solid representation at the fledgling event.

When Makela arrived in the digitized Up and Comers meeting, he saw some familiar faces, including Blizzard rival Markus Jager and Manhattan Rage star Robert Black. Makela's avatar approached Black, whom he had long admired, and introduced himself. After a brief, cordial conversation, the players all took their seats and met the coach - hall of fame winger Christoph Klose. Makela grinned; with a player of this caliber at the helm, Makela had a feeling this was going to be an event to remember.

Prompt 2

I wouldn't say the Atlanta Inferno have changed too much. They're still a lovable group of otter lovers who love to shoot the shit and just talk about whatever. I will say though that the past offseason has seemed to somewhat "warm up" the locker room, if you will. This is likely more due to me being more of a presence in the LR, but it most certainly is a welcoming change. As how I was in my first season with ANC in the juniors, I was a little timid and wasn't really sure of how to "fit in" outside of chime in when needed, but that slowly grew into a bond with the rest of the LR and was saddened to see the day when I was called up. After a full season with ATL, I can feel the same sort of transition happening with them. I'm learning more of who everyone is in the LR and what makes them click, plus we've brought Gabe back for a reuniting with my days in ANC, and I have no once seen a "Fuck Gabe" post since the deal was made. I always thought that guy got more hate than he deserved. We may not be a top tier team yet and in all likelihood will barely scrape by into the playoffs, but it's sure to be a fun one being surrounded by the cool group of dudes that make up the ATL LR.

WC - 252

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]