Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical Meeting

Buck as a two-way forward does whatever is needed from him on the rink any given day. If coach needs him back on defense to block a shot or two and get the boys going, Buck will do it. If coach needs Buck up on offense to help get the boys going and to pass the puck around, Buck will do it. As a two-way forward Buck will fit into many different scenarios and lines. If coach needs Buck to get on a line with the teams top scorers to help solidify the line and help them get the job done, Buck is there. Even if coach needs too drop Buck down a line with the grinders to help protect the lead. Buck will gladly oblige and do everything he can to contribute to the team and work towards being the best damn player he can be. Buck is the piece that can fit anywhere and help get the job done and day.

I’m still really new to the team and trying to find my place. But Quebec City definitely seem to be a team that focuses on firepower, ranking second in goals for so far. They are using me for my physical presence and letting me get in the way of shots and bullying players around when I get the chance. But they are also aware of my goal scoring ability and are letting me shine there. We seem to be a team that focuses on the physicality rather than finesse, but we have plenty of the latter too. I’m still pretty overwhelmed and I just go do my thing when it’s time for my shift. They are playing me at Center which while unexpected, is pretty enjoyable. Our defense is solid but they are definitely letting the forwards get their time in and every line appears to be a threat. We are proving that any of us can get it done and that makes it hard to prepare for us.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I was told during the preseason that I was going to be thrown straight into the deep end and be placed on the top pairing in my rookie season. I was more than happy to oblige and game plan the role the line would play and how I could help that line succeed. At 5-on-5 our line needs to be driving play while at the same time shutting down the top players on the opposing team. I am still developing my game but the coaching staff and I have come to the conclusion that I will be best used through my offensive talents. I am a pretty rangey kind of player. I will follow the play and will use my speed and ability to read plays to be in the right place at the right now. I will be paired with a more shutdown type of defender to make sure that if I do get into trouble, it won’t be such a big deal.

164 words

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

"Alright kid, you're first line powerplay."

Wait, was he talking to me? Rand al'Thor? First line powerplay makes no sense. Playing with an absolute legend of a toe licking, smooth passing, goal scoring defenseman like the one and only Mikko Rashford was an honour to be sure, but did I deserve this? I'm just a kid with a penchant for shooting the puck really hard, way wide of the net consistently. But if coach wants to put me on the first line powerplay, well then who am I to argue. I guess I'll just stand at the top of the circle like I learned hockey in Soviet Russia and wait for the puck to come to me and slam it back into the net, hopefully and not miss high and wide. I've also heard the flying V breakout has been working really well for some teams, and I'd love to bring it up for my coach to try.

ISFL affiliate

Brain Brettski is pulled into the office by both Geek and Fluw to talk about his role on the team. "Brain I am going to be honest with you, we are expecting a lot out of you since we used a high draft pick on you," Geek starts the conversation. "You have a lot of hype to live up to, especially after we have seen what you can do during preseason. It is going to be hard work, but I have full confidence you will be able to meet these expectations." Fluw presents Brain with a sheet with lines, as well as a detailed checklist of what his roles are expected to be. Brain peruses the sheet, seeing things like 'Playmaker' 'Offensive threat' 'Puck Handler' and 'Faceoff Machine'. Brain now knows his role is going to be purely offensive with the only defense coming in the form of faceoffs. He knows what he has to do to improve. All that is left to be seen is if he makes the jump.

Brain is going to be under the direction of SMJHL star Grogu Mandosson to learn the ways and tactics of the team. He has an incredible mentor in Grogu, and will be able to learn a multitude of different things from him. Brain tells us he is looking forward to showing his playmaking abilities on the ice this season with his line, and hopefully contributing the maximum to helping his team achieve their playoff goals, both literally by scoring goals, and meeting the season goals. 

Brain is not going to be used in a defensive role really at all, as he is not the most physical player out there, nor does he want to be. Brain is an offensive mastermind, and will be used in that role going forward for the foreseeable future.

Devin Williams-II is going to be on the special teams penalty kill, he's the guy you want to be there, he will always block a shot and smile while doing it! he can pass like nobodies business and will make sure you have the best chance of clearing the puck out of your own zone, ninety five percent of the time. he's willing to take the body and make people hurt, anyone that would dare to go against your goalies, he would slap them down and make them regret ever trying to do anything that would affect his teams chances of winning.
also his five on five play is exceptional. you know this one time he blocked six shots in one game? he really lays the body on the line in order to let his teammates know that he's trying to secure the WIN for his squad, at all times. also, he's a large player and could do the three on five if requested.

164 words

Sam Azjha is a primarily offensive player, his main role in his line as a power forward is to help separate the puck from the opposing teams defense, get it to his lines setup man, Bernard Metivier, who will then get the puck to his fellow rookie, the sniper, Bubba Tree. but he still has a decent shot on his own

On the defensive side of things his role is to help start breakouts by getting into scrums and getting the puck from the other team.

on the powerplay, his role is to prevent the other team from starting a breakout by using his physical play to make sure that they dont have the time to start anything.

the main playstyle for his line is to be a depth goal scoring line, while not having much star power with 2 rookies on this line, eventually this will become a deadly group of forwards, and hopefully lead the Detroit Falcons to a championship

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

The tactic Mateo thrives in is a two way hockey balanced play. As a defenseman, Mateo is offensively minded in a pass first, set your team up mentally. He also is always looking to make a play in the defensive zone, even if currently strength isn’t his strongest (pun intended) attribute. In five on five hockey, he is going to position himself effectively on the blue line to keep pucks in the offensive zone. He does not need the glory of the scored shot or even the assist, but he will work his hardest to make sure he is not a minus player. 

Mateos speed allows for him to skate hard to break up fast break attempts, giving him the unique advantage to utilize both his ability to play two ways and his desire to help his team. If the players around Mateo look better because he is playing with him, he will play harder.