Create Account

S62 Graphics Contest: Minimalist mobile wallpapers

Hello graphics community!
New season, new contest. It's time to start our first graphics contest of the season and wallpapers have been really popular in the past. Let's create something that people in the league can actually use!

What is the task?

Design a minimalist SHL/SMJHL mobile wallpaper. How you interpret that theme is up to you. General SHL/SMJHL? A team? A certain player? Multiple teams? Something abstract? Be creative! Check here for resources.
Just try to find the 'minimalist' look so that it can work if someone has lots of apps on their phone. Alternatively design something that could work as a lock screen wallpaper.

Create a minimalist mobile wallpaper
- the theme needs to show it's about SHL or SMJHL in a way (no need to use logos if you don't want to)
- JPG or PNG only, no animations
- size see below

We suggest to go with the standard 16:9 aspect ratio (vertically: 1080 x 1920px), simply because there are too many different smartphones out there (some use 18:9, 19.5:9 or 21:9, Android vs iOS etc.). so it's unlikely to find the perfect wallpaper size that works for every device.

You can either use our template or feel free to make your own. Feel free to create different sizes too, as long as they're mobile-friendly. Desktop wallpapers won't be accepted in this contest.

General tips:
- ideally just one focal point
- not too many colors or elements
- not too much text

remember: less is more

What can I win?

We will have three prize winners that will be determined via a public forum vote:

1st place: $5M
2nd place: $3.5M
3rd place: $2M

Can I submit my wallpaper for grading if I didn't win anything?
Yes. Everyone who doesn't win a prize is allowed to submit their wallpaper for grading and receive a 2x bonus. These will be graded in the 'wallpaper' category even if they are only mobile wallpapers. Make sure to write a note in the weekly submission thread that your wallpaper was part of this contest so the graders are informed.

Interested?

Design your wallpaper and send it to @Ruggsy (or Ruggsy#7042 on discord). The deadline for submissions is Sunday, November 21st (midnight EST). Voting will start afterwards.

We're looking forward to your submissions!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Giving this one a little bump. We've already received some, but how about all the other designers out there? Deadline is Sunday!

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

Carpy I already submitted

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

11-21-2021, 07:17 AMNokazoa Wrote: Carpy I already submitted

Ilike

Stars Lions Berserkers

Thanks everyone who participated in our contest and also to everyone who voted. To our participants: Feel free to reply to this thread and link and alternative versions of the wallpapers if you made any.

But now let's get to our winners.

1st: @Nokazoa - $5M
2nd: @Evil_AllBran - $3.5M
3rd: @FormuleUn - $2M

Enjoy the prize money!

Those who didn't win can submit their entries for grading as described above.

For everyone else - keep an eye out for the next contest announcement which should be up relatively soon!

Stars Lions Berserkers

11-21-2021, 12:20 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
11-21-2021, 07:17 AMNokazoa Wrote: Carpy I already submitted

Ilike
Carpy I won

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

12-03-2021, 05:08 PMNokazoa Wrote:
11-21-2021, 12:20 PMCarpy48 Wrote: Ilike
Carpy I won

I can't explain that either.

Stars Lions Berserkers