Create Account

Star-Light: S62 Issue #2 Addendum

Hello Star Gang, and welcome to this special addendum to issue #2. I do not even know if I used addendum right, but I am going to roll with it because who has time to use precise and accurate wording in reporting?

Today saw the Toronto North Stars face off against the New Orleans Specters, the New England Wolfpack, and the Winnipeg Aurora. These were important points for the North Stars to gobble up, especially against the Wolfpack who have risen to the challenge of the North East Division and have become the North Stars main competition as Hamilton and Buffalo are the perenial front runners of the North East, while Montreal has taken the role of punching-bag. Toronto knows that feeling well, so fret not Montreal, one day you too can fight for third place.

The first game saw New Orleans take the tilt five to two. Though Toronto pressured them the entire game, putting forty shots on goal to the Specters twenty-one, two points escaped our beloved boys in blue. Hits were even at fifteen, so it is good to see Toronto match some physicality out there.

Luffy Richard managed to get an assist on Zappo's goal, but he was a minus-two which tells you all you need to know, and what you need to know is that he sucked out there and he should feel bad about being a terrible, terrible, terrible defenseman. It sucks because I get to hear him cry about it back in our room. 

The second game was a much closer affair, and a heated struggle between two divisional foes, but the Toronto North Stars took the match two to one. Shots were thirty-one to twenty-four in favor of the North Stars who also led in hits twenty-two to sixteen. This was a good bounce-back win and a much-needed denial of points to the Wolfpack. Luffy Richard was on the ice, so good for him.

The last game was a dominant win over the Aurora four to one, which gladdened the heart to witness. Toronto poured thirty-nine shots on goal, besieging the Winnipeg goalie who must have been happy to hear the final buzzer. Winnipeg only managed fifteen shots while notching eighteen hits to Toronto's nineteen. Luffy notched an assist so that marks multiple points in a sim for the first time in a while. Good job out there!

Toronto is still tied for third with the Wolfpack so that victory against them was a huge boon.

Luffy is trying to keep pace with his good buddy Sato who has six points on the season. He will have to start putting up bigger numbers or that two-point gap will only increase as the season progresses. Also, congratulations Sato on your first goal of the season!

What a great sim. The North Stars keep rolling, but so does the season. Tomorrow is another big day, and I cannot wait to see the outcome of Saturday's sim!

Until next time,

Shine on!

(510 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]