Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Code:
Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

After two months of activity in the SMJHL (yes, I'm late), to say that Jannik's season has been disappointing would be an understatement. As the "highest" TPE applied player on the Newfoundland Berserkers (Emeril and Jonas can still catch up, after all), it would be expected out of him to be the lynchpin of our defense - however, he has made a bad habit of coughing up the puck this season, something he had never done in his career prior. His 28 giveaways in 33 games have almost caught up to his career high in a season - not the way you want to approach your possible last season in the juniors. Thankfully, his defensive partner, rookie Rand al'Thor, has been lights out so far, and looks to be a promising offensive defenseman, which means the double threat of him and Mikko Rashford should be even better next season - as if the team could fly higher than first place in the league... If there's something to be happy about for Jannik, it's the growth of this defensive unit, and the insurance that the team will be in good hands for the foreseeable future.

(196 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Yet again, it looks like Yngve Simonsson may have caught the "can hit the net but cannot put the puck in the net" bug that plagued him during his sophomore and third campaign recently. Last year, Simonsson nipped this problem in the bud, by successfully potting more goals and having a higher shooting percentage, leading to a career high in points. This season Yngve is putting up points but is slipping to under 10% shooting percentage again. While this isn't as low as the 4% shooting percentage that happened a few seasons ago for much of the year (eventually rising to around 6%), it is still incredibly frustrating. Luckily San Francisco Pride are slowly climbing back up the standings after their brutal schedule to start the year. That has been incredibly exciting and is setting up a great battle between Calgary/LAP/SFP in the western division. SFP is finally turning around (being a few season since Yngve joined now fresh into the rebuild) and it is a very exciting time for the team and their fans.

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Prompt 2
Well the best part is that SFP is now over .500 and I am sure nowhere near stopping there. Especially considering that we have played almost double the amount of away games as home games. The best part of this is being that we are now ahead of the inferior cat team that is LAP. I cant say im massively thrilled with my whole 3 points in 29 games but theres still plenty of time in the season for me and the team to improve even more. In the end as long as the team is finding success and I’m not a massive detriment team thats really good enough for me. In terms of the rest of the season I dont think there are too many big surprisesso far, I guess one thing is that I expected toronto to be doing better but what do I know. Also that hamilton isnt in the top 3 right now which Ill take as a win.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

I think one of the biggest surprises right now is probably my own team, the Calgary Dragons. They were down lower in the standings, having up and downs in the start of the season. All of a sudden we went 11-1-1 in 13 games. Our young squad with lots of turnover and some vets, including me, have been firing well. Even Mikael Choybuk has picked it up a bit as of late. He started the season with only 1 point in his first 15 or so games, but now in 29 games he has 7 points. Not exactly the production you would want, but for a super aged veteran, it ain't bad. I guess Choybuk is mostly around for morale support anyways! Calgary had a lot of eyes on them this season because of their huge turnover of players, so it has been interesting to see just where they would be at.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

PBE PT

team wise its going pretty well for the Chicago syndicate being 24-2-2 so far with the lowest goals against, best goal differential and 2nd most goals at least when i last checked. The real test will of course be the playoff series vs the Texas Renegades in the future who aren't that far behind the Chicago syndicate. League wise i don't think there are that many surprises. Pacific as close as ever, Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tampa bay at the top, Montreal, Winnipeg, Manhattan, new Orleans, at the bottom. Maybe Minnesota is doing a bit better than expected, not sure what the expectations for them were. Strength of schedule also important to consider for all these teams. Individually my player is performing alright with 20 points in 28 games, closer to point per game would be nice but can't get to pick towards the end of his career while regressing and with the team performing as well as it is.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

So far things aren't going exactly as I would have hoped but there's still some time to salvage it. I went from a seasonal ppg player to barely holding on to .5 ppg. My shooting % is absolute trashcan level, barely holding reaching 5% with some recent performances. The one surprise about my performance is that my line is managing a positive goal/goal against ratio even though our team is losing most of our games. So hopefully we can collectively all turn it around in the second half of the season. Around the league you see most of the usual names at the top and bottom. Two significant surprises are how well Minnesota has been doing lately, and how much the Blizzard have fallen. Edmonton is in our division so not too upset about that. I suppose Chicago is also turning some heads, even though they typically do very well for themselves, it is a little amazing that they've only managed to lose 2 games in regulation a little shy of the halfway point of the season. Maybe we'll have another non-Ham team on the cup this year.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

PBE PT

prompt 2

my player aleksander kozlov who plays in the shl or otherwise known as the simulation hockey league in these parts plays on a team called the tampa bay barracuda or the tbb for short who are in one of the divisions in the simulation hockey league which is inside one of the conferences in the simulaiton hockey league as well. My player who is on the tampa bay barracuda simulation hockey team of the simulaiton hockey league (shl for short) has had a great start to season and been playing very very very very very good with lots of points and more important lots and lots and lots and lots of big wins for the simulation hockey team that he is employed for, who of course are called the tampa bay barracuda. things are looking good and i hope it continues good for rest of season for my player aleksander kozlov of simulaiton hockey league tampa bay baarracuda

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Prompt 2

So through one week of the season, I have been mostly satisfied with my play. I have 12 points which is pretty good for a player such as myself. But most importantly I have a positive giveaway/takeaway ratio, and are averaging well north of one hit and one block a night, the most important stats to rack up when you are a defensive defenseman. Not quite the best DGR but I am in the top 25 still, which is something to work with at the very least. However, I would still like to get all my numbers up as good as they are. Especially penalty minutes, I am a long ways away from when I was the Turd Ferguson champion. As far as team play goes, I am a little disappointed despite our good play. As defending champs, I would hope to be better than 5th. Chicago and Buffalo are top 2 in goal differential by a wide margin, and I know we are a good enough team to be right up there with them.

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

Prompt 1:

The team S55 young-guns were super nervous before their first game against team Hall of Fame. Especially with Igor Victory suiting up between the pipes in a game for the first time in his life. They didn't know what to do. Were they about to get their white asses kicked? Suddenly, Micheal Fitted busts through the locker room door! He's wearing a suit and has a lanyard around his neck with a nametag on it. It's supposed to say "Coach" but he had to write it himself, so it says "Couch". Fitted explains that he is the coach of the Young Guns, and he doesn't appreciate the energy in the room.
"Why do you bois look so fucking DOWN right now??!! You guys are the Young GUNS!!1! Whip your guns out, shoot them into the sky, and drink some of this Gatorade so you can kick some hall of fame Ass!!1!"
The bois are pumpt. The all chug some of Fitted's Gatorade and run out to the ice. When the puck drops, they are surprised to see Micheal Fiftted suited up for team Hall of Fame. What the fuck? He's still playing, how is he on the HOF team? Because he's fucking good, that's why.
Turns out, the Gatorade they were given had loads of brown pills in it, so the Young Guns were shitting themselves all game and lost badly. Better luck next time.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

My general feel about my team and the league so far is very positive; while the results as a team have not been what we have expected so far, we are getting better and trying out best. I just know that our record will slowly keep getting better and better and as long as team morale stays the same and remains very good then we will be in good shape come play off time. My personal play has been out standing, I am on pace to have career highs in all offensive stats and I am almost averaging roughly one point per game as a defenseman is crazy to think about. I really am impressed with my offensive side of the game,,, but I really am excited how my defensive side of things have took a next step this season and I can only wait until I can unleash my 425 tpe build in my next season!

157 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread