Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Prompt 2:

The dragons have been off to a decent start, but seem to be allergic to overtime games and shootouts. However, the pacific division is a madhouse this season, with only 1 point separating 4th place to 1st place in this chaotic division. Videl Valor has also had solid start to her rookie campaign in the simulation hockey league, putting up 8 points in 16 games, including 2 of which being goals and the renaming 6 being assists, most notably setting up fellow rookie dragon Alexis Saint-Michel’s @KenitohMenara first career simulation hockey league goal. The biggest surprise in my view is the New England Wolfpack, who surprisingly are 4th in the league point wise, and have more points than heavy division favorite Hamilton. Baltimore is another team that has had a slow start, but has turned things around and have caught up to Tampa bay points wise. Philadelphia was another surprise team, but have crashed back down to earth unfortunately. (161 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Prompt 2:

Through the first week, Ole Olson has played in fourteen games for the New Orleans Specters and put together a total plus/minus of negative five. This is a heck of a lot better than any of his previous seasons to this point, and is an indication that things are moving in the right direction. He's also shooting at a whopping eight percent this season, with two goals on twenty-five shots. Again, this is a pretty significant improvement for Olson to this point. He's also at net zero for giveaways and takeaways, which again is another improvement. The team has not performed as well as they had hoped to this point, but they still have some time yet before they will really be competitive. Everyone knows their jobs and are working to get better every week. It shouldn't be long before the New Orleans Specters are competing for the playoffs and then, ultimately, a cup title. The improvement shown this season is already promising.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

PBE affiliation

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PT pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Quote:PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

One week into the season and how can I not be thrilled with not only my teams’ performance, but that of my own. Starting with my team, we are 13-2-2 and first overall in the league, a place that NO ONE expected us to be. We lost basically our entire first line, top D pairing plus more, and possible the best goalie in the J last offseason. Yet somehow, we are scrapping our way through and it has been spectacular to watch. This group of players are really putting together something special in our title defense.

As for my play, I mean, the biggest honor easily was being selected as a captain this season. I love being a leader, and I love this team. Being acknowledged this way is incredible and I am truly humbled. When it comes to the scoresheet, I lead all J defenseman in points and am toward the top in goals, assists and plus/minus. It is hard to argue with 1 PPG as a defenseman who is also tasked with being the top defensive defenseman on the team. So far all of this is a dream season, and so much more than anyone, including those of us in the Whalers locker room, expected.

WHALE NAYSH!!!

209 Words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Prompt 2

A week into the season I'm basically blown away by how well we're doing. We're actually winning lots of close games and I don't even mind that many of them go past regulation as long as we win in the end. What does not surprise me or anyone else really is how tight out division is once again. At least the first four teams - team number five is probably not being able to catch up. Looking at my personal stats I don't think I've ever had such a good start to the season, but of course I know they won't stay like this. We also know that goalie stats are (for a big part) team dependent so that simply means the team is doing well. After next week everything might look very different again in our division, well maybe minus the bottom team, but I don't see many surprises around the league. The top teams and bottom teams are exactly as expected.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:56 AM by Kyamprac.)

Prompt 2

Well, a week into the season and I'm not sure whether the Panthers are totally where we thought we might be. The sim hasn't always been kind, and we find ourselves 8-7 on the season so far, putting us 11th overall in the league. I'm not necessarily complaining and don't think it's the worst place to be, especially considering we're sitting at the top of the Pacific Division. But still, hoping things look up a little more going forward to boost us up the board and compete with the big boys. Burke's performance definitely hasn't been anything special. Going into her first season as a winger she's probably still just finding her groove on the offense, but hopefully as she continues to put the work in to improve it starts to show on the ice soon. So far she's just got 9 points on the board, a pile of penalty minutes, and a less than impressive +/- (although I suppose that's nothing new for her coming from Winnipeg).

There are no surprises so far - Buffalo, Chicago, and Texas are about exactly where I would've expected them to be. Hammy might be a little higher but I imagine they'll get there in the end.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 04:13 AM by Dextaria.)

Prompt 1 - Ryosuke Sato and the Superstars have been practicing hard and have gotten closer since the start of the tournament, but now it's their first game against the Up-and-Comers. Fans and analysts are expecting this to be a cakewalk for the Superstars, saying that the match up is synonymous with Team Canada versus the likes of Team Germany (sorry Team Germany). The Up-and-Comers have potential, but none of them can compare to the realized skill of the Superstars.

Starting the game, Sato was benched as the 7th defenseman as the likes of Sven Yxskaft and Jukka Timonen manned the top defensive line. The Superstars came hot out of the gates scoring 3 goals early with points for their top line of Ethan Duncan, Ryuuji Minamino, and Steve Harrington. There was a bit of a push back from the Up-and-Comers, but the team and coaching staff soon realized that this game was locked in with the great goaltending performance by Strom Chamberlain. With this, the coaching staff started playing more equal ice time, having scored 2 more goals in the 2nd period, and gave Ryosuke Sato his first sniff of tournament play. Playing a strong defensive game, the team limited shots and Sato was a +2 by the end of the the game. The Up-and-Comers were able to score one on the powerplay, ruining Chamberlain's shutout, but the Superstars came out victorious with a 7-1 win. The teams gave each other respectful handshakes as the Superstars saw great potential from the Up-and-Comers.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Code:
Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

Well after the first week I am very happy with where Calvin Hobbes is in performance on the ice! Having already scored 7 goals and 10 assists, which is equal to what he did entire last season! Add to that a PDO of under 100 compared to most of the team that is above 100! The start of the season is looking really bright for both Hobbes and the New England Wolfpack!
The line for Calvin, with Bas O'Bigbers and Jonathan Granström is also working really well with both Hobbbes and O'Bigber scoring! Granstrom has been off to a bit tougher season point wise, but his grinding work is what makes Hobbes and Bigbers able to produce the way they have been!
The New England Wolfpack has started the season really well as well, beating Hamilton in both games so far and also beating Buffalo (who has knocked us out of playoffs a few times)

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Task 2:

It has been a best start in my career so far for a SHL season. I have four goals and five assists after 15 games. My role has been in the third line to mentor a couple of younger players in mr. Davenport and mr. Ramza. Because of that my plus-minus rating is ugly -6 but I am sure it will get better when season goes on when Ramza and Davenport get more experience about tough SHL environment and adult's hockey. Of course Davenport got experience already last year but Ramza is a rookie. I have played again in first penalty kill unit together with mr. Ragnarsson-Tremblay. We played about 1:20 on PK per night. Also I have got some ice-time on second PP unit (0:38 per game). As a team, record 6-9-0 is not a good enough and we need to improve that. Beginning was great with three wins from four games but then something happened and we lost our touch for a moment but I am confident we will improve as a team too.

[Image: salming.png]

Prompt 1

Think I'm trapped in the first prompt now, I can see a pattern right there. You really think I remembered what I wrote on the first point task? That's a lot to ask for. But I will try. I chose team up and coming with some teammates I mostly remember. So our first game is against the grizzled vets. And while they are experienced vets, they are old and not up to the game they once were. We lack in experience, but make up with it with physicality. We are fast, agile and just powerhouses, each and every one of us. So we crush them, of course. Would say it's a 7-2 or something like that, pretty clear from the beginning. The speed of our play compared with the chemistry we built up in the short camp we had before, gets us to a heroic first win in the tournament. All of us had a stellar game, more so on the offensive side than defense, that's why I didn't shine a lot. But still recorded an assist. So there's that. The upcoming opponents will be hard to challenge, so it's nice to start off with a win.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 06:08 AM by Evil_AllBran.)

Prompt #2
[Image: h1bt8jT.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

pt pass