Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:31 AM by Sburbine.)

Prompt 2

What I'm most surprised about with Jay O'Neil this season is his uptick in scoring from his freshman season. He already has three goals in 16 games this season including his first career multi-goal game in a loss against the Grizzlies. A very impressive number for a defensive defenseman who usually let's the players around him do the scoring. All of last season Jay only had one goal in 66 regular season games and 2 in the playoffs. On top of that Jay has had 7 assists for a total of 10 points in 16 games, on pace for around 40 in 66 games which would be a huge increase from last season. The Zerks are also doing surprisingly well this season despite loosing so many highly talented players to getting called up to the SHL. It definitely helps that all of our S62 rookies are still active and earning and that we added a number of active S63 players as well. Somehow we look like we're going to be competing for the cup again, too bad we can't go for the coveted back-to-back-to-back.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Prompt 1 - I wish I could say I was up and coming, but with 15+ seasons under my belt I firmly fall in to the grizzled vets category. Over the last few seasons I'm not sure I'd even make the cut with the number of strong vets in this league, but lets say old Scholz makes the team. It was a tough matchup to play against the young fellas on the up and comers squad. An offensive defenseman by trade, Karl still needed to play defense and some of the matchups were incredibly difficult given the speed and endurance of the younger team. The toughest matchup for sure was Slavakov Vladimirashenko. Karl had the opportunity to play against him in Blizzard team practices, but never in a real game. The promising young gun certainly has another level on the bigger stage. The other end of the ice went much more smoothly. Karlstraße managed to rack up a few shots and even register a goal for the grizzled vets.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

First week has been interesting. It's pretty important aswell, because Aumy Jr. plays for new team this season - Calgary Dragons. He's arguably the best defender on their roster at this moment and plays one of the biggest roles. He has the biggest time on ice from all players on his team too.

Individually, season has started pretty okay. 16 games - 3 goals and 5 assists which is the best statline between Dragons defenders. I guess, what else could you want, right? It's only logical that forwards get more points than defenders. I hope that Aumy Jr. will get better and have his best season yet, but we will see how it will go. He is close to his TPE peak aswell, because regression is coming soon.

However, I thought we would had a bit better season start as a team. We are in 14th place in this league at this moment. However, we are just a point behind 11th place in standings, so it isn't that bad. I just thought we would be in TOP 8 for sure. But it's all cool - we need to get team chemistry up after these all big roster changes. We will have an amazing second half of season for sure! Just let us get better together!

212 words

Stars Stars Stars

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:48 PM by Vulfzilla.)

Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

The first week has been good to ol' boaty boiz.  We're currently sitting 2nd in the standings because Vancouver but only 2 points behind. I'm guessing that we might drop a little as the points even out to our GD which is well behind 3 teams currently behind us. As was to be expected we've struggled a bit in the scoring goals department after the promotion of some of our top line guys, but defense and net minding has kept us in almost every game.  If I had to guess I could see us finishing 4th this season and winning a series or two in the playoffs before being bounced depending on how the matchups shake out.  But with that being said, I definitley think that with this squad, we'll be challenging for the cup next season for sure.  As far as my player goes, its been a decent start to the season. I'm currently top 10 in defensemen assists, points, and hits, so definitely trying to put in work on both ends of the ice.  To be honest though, I got a bunch of individual accolades last year, but I'd definitely trade them for a chance to win a cup. Hopefully that will come to fruition soon.

WC :208

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Pretty cool idea to have this as a season-long continuous PT, it's nice to see you guys come up with cool stuff like this. Prompt #2 is a little too generic for my liking, I think there is a better middle ground between crazy promps and "just write about your season", but maybe some people like it that way. Alright, to the task at hand... As described in the previous PT, I would be participating with my first player David Winters alter ego as a member of Team Hall of Famer, so this first game is basically the biggest contrast one could imagine: A bunch of legendary players, a lot of them being seniors these days and some actually already having passed away, versus a group of players so young that many of them aren't even allowed to order a beer in a bar or rent a car yet. It's the ultimate test of experience vs hunger, of tactical prowess and skills that have been honed over decades vs explosive physicality, talent and creativity. Ultimately I see my team emerging victorious however and I'm gonna go full boomer here for a second for the purpose of this: I think a lot of young players underestimate how good the legends of the olden days used to be, they see themselves earning TPE at a faster rate and think that that's because they work harder, when in reality these old legends were just as good if not better, while operating in a league and TPE ecosystem that was much different from the one we have today. And given that the Hall-of-Fame team is made up of all Hall of Famers, so exclusively players with both an elite mindset and skill, i see them having the edge against a younger team where the jury is still out whether they will all reach the great potential they undoubtedly have or fall short at some point along the way.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Prompt 2

It has been a week, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr.'s level of play has been tremendously disappointing to say the least. As someone in his 2nd year of regression, we knew that his performance will take a hit but it has been worse than anticipated. In 14 games, he has 5 pts, 13 blocks and 5 hits. As someone whose attributes are heavily favored in the defensive aspect of the game, the man should be getting much more hits than that. He has the same amount of hits as points, which is laughable. The man who petrifies everyone with his stare is scared to land a hit. What the heck has happened to such a behemoth of a player. Some rumours say that he is currently going through a divorce as he was caught cheating with another woman. What else did he expect, this dumb overgrown man. For what it's worth, Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. better step up his game or else i will need to notify his dad, how much of a coward he has become. He needs to man up and get them testosterone running cuz he has too much estrogen at the moment feeling all emotional and stuff. Something needs to be done and only time will tell

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:20 PM by jRuutu.)

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task:It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

I don't know if it counts as a huge surprise, but Buffalo has started the season really well. They are a top team, but 93 goals in 16 games are deadly. No wonder they have won 13 out of 16 games so far.  What is even more impressive is the fact that they have gone 9-2-0 away! So the schedule for Buffalo's season has been rather away heavy. When teams can dominate games away and this early in the season, it shows the team has been built well and they had a strong training camp. If BUffalo can keep the same flow going, I think it will be a real challenge for the other teams to catch Buffalo.

A negative surprise so far has been Hamilton, nine wins from 16. Chicago, Texas, etc have started the season strongly, but more was expected from Hamilton. Interesting to see if Hamilton can keep up with Buffalo, Chicago, and Texas when the season progresses. Early signs suggest Hamilton is not going to be able to keep up with those teams. For example, Hamilton has struggled away, but those teams mentioned earlier have not.

Winnipeg, Montreal, and Manhattan all have three or fewer wins. Not a good look for the league, but perhaps the schedule has been demanding early on and they can make a better fight later in the season.

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task:It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

The Chicago Syndicate have had an incredibly strong start to the season after a very strong first week of play that see them with a record of eleven wins, one regulation loss and two overtime losses putting them in first place in the western conference and second place overall in the SHL. Chicago has an impressive plus thirty four goal differential and also boast the least goals allowed in the league with only twenty eight. In terms of individual play, Mats Marner has had an alright start to the season with two goals, nine assist and eleven points in the first fourteen games. He is way below his goal pace from last season and below his over point a game average offensively from last season so it has been a somewhat disappointing start for him personally especially as Marner nears his prime tpe level. However if the team keeps winning the individual stats do not really matter that much if Chicago can set themselves up as a top championship contender.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Prompt 2:

It's been a surprisingly decent start for Sven Svechnikov, tallying 9 points with time on both the power play and penalty kill unit. The extra season in the junior league seems to be paying off development wise, as he seems to be holding his own at least on the ice against the much stronger and faster competition. Sporting a positive giveaway to takeaway ratio is always a stat to be proud of as a defenseman as well, and while he only tallied 1 goal out of his 9 points he seems to be on track with the top rookies of his class pointwise. Edmonton has been very competitive this season, and with 5 rookies on the roster it could've definitely been a different story so far. Edmonton's S59 draft class is coming out strong, and it's going to be very exciting to see what they can do both in this season and the upcoming ones.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Code:
It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general.

A week in and I couldn't be anymore pleased with how the Barracuda are going.  We have 10 wins and are sitting sixth overall in the league.  That's not a bad thing.  Its also my first year into regression and fighting it (so far) has been very easy as I'm already back above the 2000 tpe mark for the second time in my career.  The only thing that I wish (and I am aware of that my GM's would like to understand) is why, as a goalie, despite the wins I have been extremely slow at gaining goalie heat.  I know, there was a study previously that said goalie heat doesn't matter.  I still believe it does, just not to the extent that the game designers intended.  Aside from that, I am looking gleefully toward what we're going to achieve in Tampa this season and where we will end up by the time the post-season comes around and we're in the playoffs.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]

Prompt 2

Lemo’s season has been off to a fairly good start. While not yet a point per game player, with 11 points in 15 games he is still on pace for another best season of his career thus far. The Renegades have also done about as well as could be expected, with the exception of a surprising loss to the Manhattan Rage in one of the first few sims of the season. But we have also managed to emerge victorious against some of their main rivals in Buffalo and Hamilton. On the flipside, we are as yet still winless against our perhaps most important rival, our formidable division foe the Chicago Syndicate, despite two very close games against them. In any case, we will need to solve them if we are to advance any further than our own division come playoff time.
As for the league, while it did seem for a time mid-week that despite the reshuffling of the divisions the Great Lakes were once again in control of the league, and all of those teams are even now all within the top 8, it is nice to see at least a few new names in the mix this season as well, like New England currently tied for 3rd with Texas and Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore only a few points behind. Also Minnesota has had a fairly nice start to their season and sit only a point below the top eight with a game in hand. It is still a long season ahead and likely we will see some of these teams fade away from true contention, but hopefully at least some of them will be able to bring fresh colors to the playoff mix when the time comes.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Prompt 2

The season hasn't started off the way anyone expected for Colorado. After the first 11 games we saw a 3-6-2 team that was demoralized and starting to think last season was a fluke. How could things so from so good to bad this fast. We expected a drop off but, not one of this magnitude. We were slowly choking away games in the 3rd period. Zayne Dangle? He was playing some awful hockey. To go 6th OA in the SHL draft this offseason and put up this kind of performance to start the season was rough. Not scoring is one thing, but to have 3x as many takeaways as giveaways isn't good for a defenseman who learned from the likes of Angus McFife. Colorado had some serious soul searching to do following that stretch of games. Thanks in large part to all the amazing leaders in the Raptors LR heads were held high and the players continued to put in the work. The result was 5 straight wins for the Raptors including a 2-3 victory over Vancouver. Now we just have to keep the success rolling.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]