Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 09:47 PM by SlashACM.)

I'm sticking with the dual prompt thingy for this season. With all of the prompt 1s over the season, I will allow the option to build a season long narrative if you stick with these prompts. Feel free to jump over to prompt 2 any time you don't feel you can continue, or jump over to prompt 1 if it feels fun to write about. Anyways, here we go.

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- It was an honor to be selected for this prestigious tournament, you've met your team, and now it's time to lace up and hit the ice.

Your first opponent in the round robin portion of this tourney is team Up-and-Comers. [If you are on this team, your opponent is team Grizzled Vets]

Written Task: This is it, the tourney has started. Every team is stacked and no win will come easy. Now is the time to write your story about the first game you play with the team. Who was selected to the opponent team? How did your team play? Did you win? Lose? Did you have big moments, or was it hard to keep up with the pace. This is your chance to be creative! (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a graphic depicting a big moment from your first game. Big hit, goal, save, etc. Label 4 players on the ice including at least 1 opponent.

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a graphic highlighting any player in the league. It can be a player with a hot start, slow start, your own player, etc. Display 3 statlines at least, and a render for the player.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, November 21st at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WNSLF thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 11:23 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Prompt 1: 

As a member of the up and coming team. Our job is to go against the old guards of the league or the Grizzled Vets. Which is a great honor to be going against some of my idols of the league. One of the opponents would be Eko van Otter. Someone who has been at the top of the league throughout all of my hockey experience. Making the transition from being an elite forward to being a backbone hard nosed defensive player and someone that I have had the good fortune of playing alongside in Norway.
Paired with Otter would be Mathias Seger, a stout Swiss fellow who walks a little crooked from being pelted with the puck in Minnesota. 
Manning the forward position would be Nick Brain and Jimmy Slothface. Slothface was someone who would be an MVP and an absolute monster the entire time. Nick Brain and Slothface both members of the British guard that are both elite members of the Great Britian team. 
Another older member manning the net is Harry Carpet, someone who has been the franchise player for Toronto through thick and thin.  
The game goes well for the up and comvers, we clapped the old player’s cheeks.

(200+ words)

Pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PROMPT 2

Heading into the season the expectations were fairly high in San Francisco. After doing ok last season, we have a much improved team after several roster moves. Unfortunately, the Pride have been off to a bit of a slow start. We are currently 6-9 with a -6 point differential. Some of that is because both our 1st and 3rd lines are new to playing with each other and need some time to gel together. Also, we've had a pretty strong schedule to start, with games against LAP, BAP, and TEX (twice!) amongst others. It does seem that over the last few sims we've started to light off a bit more and hopefully as the season goes on, we'll see even more production from all 3 lines on the ice. Personally, I feel like I've been a bit hot and cold. I've had a few nice games, including a 3 pointer, then of course a few where I've been ass. Fortunately, the season is young and we are still hopeful that we can perform up to our own expectations.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Pt pass

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 10:22 PM by WithTheMoose.)

PROMPT 2

So far I'm pretty excited about how the season has started for my Nevada Battleborn. We're off to a 10 win start and are settled in at sixth with 21 points. it puts us well into the upper half of the league a quarter of the way through the season and has us poised for a potential playoff push. This may not seem like an overwhelmingly big deal to many, but when I came into the league Nevada only had 11 wins and 24 points over an entire season. At this point in our season, we're almost as good as we were over an entire season not long ago. We're already only 11 wins from matching our win total from last season. I would have to say we're playing nothing short of electric with that in mind. Sure we lost some games I wish we could get back, but all that really matters is making it to the playoffs. Then we can really prove ourselves there.

ISFL IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Code:
Written Task: It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

The first week of the J regular season has passed and overall the Kelowna Knights have been performing pretty well. We sit with record of 9-4-1 but are last in our division.

Vancouver has the best record so far after the 1st week with a 13-2-1. I expected them to be worse this season with their team losing a lot of players to callups. But they are still a dominant team so far it seems.

For Ben Jammin I am not having the best season with only 1 goal and 5 assists through 14 games thus far. I hope to pick up my play shortly as we look to work out the kinks in the regular season and make a deep playoff run since we are already a guaranteed playoff spot. 

Maine has been a surprise so far this season as they are 10-5-2. I hope they slow down a bit because JayWhy is on that team and we have a rivalry going on where we want each other to perform poorly.

(172 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 10:32 PM by leviadan.)

Prompt 1:

The Superstars were just able to take home the win against the up and comers. Naturally we have a bit more experience, and we're largely very well rounded as players, so we were the favourite going in. The game plan was to just keep the game on lockdown for the first forty minutes and let our skills eek us out a lead. Then the last period was just about weathering the storm against a group of amazing young talent.

We might be at the top of our game right now, but the superstars are still what, 28-32? We're not old and we're good, but you just can't compete on stamina with guys that are 18-24. Even if we know we're better overall, they'll just keep coming. So while it felt like we mostly had the game under control, the back third was a little more hectic for sure. I definitely noticed our guys getting back to the bench a little more winded than theirs were. But we had enough in the tank and our goalie bailed us out on our mistakes. A good win, but a tough one.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 11:50 AM by r1c3bowl22.)

Prompt 2:

As a team, I feel like the Anaheim Outlaws are doing very well. It was one thing to see us have a winning record through parts of preseason, but to have one at this point through the regular season is very nice to see. I don't think we had a winning record at any point last season. I'm also pleased with the enthusiasm we've seen from the new players and the sustained energy from the rookies last season.

From an individual point of view, I feel like I'm having a decent season. I was really hoping to be a leading among defencemen this season, but it seems like I'm just on the outside of that top group. With 12 points in 16 games and the highest plus minus rating on the team, I can't really complain too much though.

Even if this season doesn't turn out the day I, or the team, would've hoped...it's still very clear that the team is progressing in the right direction. Next season should be even better.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Create a graphic highlighting any player in the league. It can be a player with a hot start, slow start, your own player, etc. Display 3 statlines at least, and a render for the player.

[Image: C321F328-1DB4-4E65-BD5E-2919831255A7.png]

@Tayjay

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

PT PASS

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt 1 – As a member of the Up-and-Comers, we were playing the Grizzled Vets for our first matchup. We started the game really strong by using our speed to try to get to the puck quicker than our opponents and it worked to a certain extent, but we were not able to capitalize on our chances and the vets became better at handling the pressure we were putting on them as the game went on. The Vets experienced then started to become really obvious, event if we were technically out skating them, they were quick enough to move the puck before we actually got to them which ended up costing us, since we were using a lot of energy without reaping the benefits of our efforts. Once we got to the third period, the game completely changed and they dominated us from start to finish scoring three goals to get the win by a final score of four to one.

158 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

prompt two

noted simulation hockey league veteran mitchell van der heijden of the hamilton steelhawks (a former winner of the most valuable player award) has started off his season with 17 points in 15 games. while the hamilton steelhawks have gotten off to a rather slow start compared to their normal very high standards, they still boast a record of 9 wins, 2 losses, and 4 overtime losses, which is a good record. their division has been so good early on that the steelhawks find themselves in the thick of a fight for the 3rd playoff spot. as for van der heijden, he has 17 points in 15 games (as previously mentioned). he wants to be a point per game player, and he's been that as of right now. his ten goals are among the best in the league, and he currently leads the league in shots to boost. throw in his twenty hits and mvdh has had a good, if not great, start to his season. he knows he can improve on it, and if he does, hamilton will start to pull away from the rest of the pack.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Prompt 2

Thus far in the season, I am very disappointed with my play and the lack of results after what was believed to be a very strong offseason for myself. In my first season, I was able to contribute straight away offensively getting my first goal in my first game, and having a few assists to my name after my first few weeks. While I was humbled a few times by the very talented forwards in this league, my amazing D partner at the time Eddie was able to guide me along and pick up the slack defensively, and the coaching staff was nothing short of computer-esque in their tactical calculations. This season, it's been difficult getting back into that same groove, I find myself losing battles and giving up the puck too much. I guess I'm still adjusting to all this muscle I put on in the off season. Moving forward, the team and I are hopeful and believing in the Kraken system. We've been in this spot before, we know we can get back to the top of our division.